the Rift

we hereby declare [HERD]

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
S V E T L A N A
The StormChaser
Here is my brutal honesty, in my words right now- I don't know what to tell the herd. Ricochet was attacked and driven off by a mysterious force? That Ricochet is no longer a part of the herd? That he's revoked his claim to the title? That we're replacing him with Archibald? That we need a mason, a general, and a storyteller after Willow's left us? Why, pray tell, should I say? I've called my herd already, of course, with a bugling trumpet from my dark lips. I know Evers and Archibald won't mind, of course, as I had talked to them after driving out the twins, but still, I don't want to upset our balance. In that way, I'm careful, not wishing to overstep any boundaries at all. I watch as the herd gathers. It's a crisp day, but one of the few places in Helovia that receives little snow, and I'm standing on a small rock outcropping with plenty of room for Evers and Archibald to join me. The ledge juts out, only a tiny bit higher than the citizens, only a touch, although I was careful not to be too close to the roaring waterfall, for the rumble may drown out words.

I watch the herd gather. Zamoro, Jackal, Mandrake, Insanity, more and more names swirling around the inside of my head as I watch the horses, unicorns, and pegasi trickle in. I shift, resting a hoof, wings ruffling and shuffling. I feel shackled to the ground, unable to leap into the wild skies and fly. "Citizens of the Windtossed Foothills. I and Evers have requested you come here today for a brief meeting. Ricochet has been driven off, and he has not returned. Me and Evers have decided to replace the equine lead with Archibald, for he was the runner-up in the election and is a strong candidate." I pause, letting the news sink in. "Willow, our storyteller, has also left. We now have the position of storyteller, general, and mason open if you wish to take one of these jobs." I glance to Evers and Archibald, letting them speak if they want.

~
walk walk walk
"talk talk talk"

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA                

Light lives in the darkness beauty lives in pain
In destruction we may lose ourselves

But still I will remain

Ophelia boldly approached the group, a pale, stunning figure against the winter's horizon. One crimson and one blue eye stared from beneath thick, white lashes, and she set her jaw firmly. Her hip still smarted from Ricochet's hit, but she did not allow such a child's injury to limp her step. Cloven hooves were her grace against the snow and sludge that lay beneath, and her horn was a crown, gracing her as a queen of nothing. Though, she was a leader in her own way; she lead the grey in seeking knowledge, most of which many wanted kept under tightly wound lock and key. Knowledge was power, and her mind held tomes of it in perfect detail.

She closed her eyes and inhaled the breath of winter deeply before bowing her head in respect to Archibald, the strong stallion who had aided them in bringing Ricochet to his lead's end and chased him from the Foothills. "Archibald is a fine choice for lead, as I am sure you are all aware," she sound loudly, her chime-like tones taking on a certain air of strength and confidence. Still, her heart beat like fire in her chest, nervousness sending her tail twitching at her fetlocks. With some dismay, she found that she loathed crowds, and her throat ran dry. Still, her disappointment in this herd... that they had chosen the young, violent upstart in place of her father? As much as she did not like her sire, he was an honorable lead.

"Your former lead, Ricochet, attacked myself and my friend with no warning as we were speaking," she explained, her voice getting just a hair smaller in her anxiety. The scene played out in her mind. "He spoke these words: 'Ricochet and Guns. Leave or die.'" Her two colored eyes gained a certain violent light as his words were replayed from her own lips. She averted her gaze from the crowd and watched her silver dragon land upon her back, crimson orbs gazing into her own before settling on the others. Blood dripped from his toothy maw onto her flawless hide. "I am sure you were not aware of the stallion you elected and his intentions, which is why I propose that you use my talents."

She inhaled a shaky breath. Should she continue? Should she expose their new band in this way? They had to spread word somehow. "I can read minds," she said with a certain finality. "I can protect you from those you trust, and I am bound by my honor and the truth of my dragon, Tinek to relay others' thoughts honestly. I have never used this skill without another's permission, but I can ensure that the leaders you have chosen are the leaders they claim..." she trailed, eyeing Evers, Svetlana and Archibald with a solid, impartial expression, though her lips turned up slightly at Archibald's handsome face. "I and my sister, daughters of Paladin the Valiant, lead The Grey." Ophelia let those words out in a powerful breath before striding easily back toward the crowd, the howl of the waterfall white noise in the background. "If you find use of our skills, you may seek us in the deep forest."

With a pounding heart and trembling limbs, the mare strode boldly to the south, having to restrain every step to keep from running.

BG | dragon | horse

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Archibald's powerful form stood proudly with the other two leads. His head, already higher than the others by his own sheer size, stood even taller. Archibald knew from the beginning that there was something off with Ricochet, and the others at Paladin's first meeting did not recognize that. At first he pitied their ignorance, but now he knew they would learn. Archibald's eyes were emotionless but beside him Loretta wiggled with joy. She could feel it, deep down in Archibald's heart, the feeling of making someone--Mandrake--proud. The red bitch tried to contain herself but her tail thumped against the ground with ferocity.

Archibald waited as Svetlana spoke, making note to watch her carefully. He would not enjoy his position if she tried to take too much power, for it would be his job to remind her of her place. They were a triune group and the mare would not spoil that...and if she did Archibald would fix it. flicking his ears down at Ophelia next. Oddly he found almost nothing he disliked about this mare. She looked to Archibald to exactly what he was. Her sister, however, he could do without. He nodded at her when she turned to him, hoping to instill some confidence in her as she spoke. He kept his face calm and at ease, hoping to send the message to her. She would probably pick up on it, however.

Next, he turned to the herd. "I am going to help this herd rise to their greatest ability, do not fret on that." Archibald stated simply, eyes resting finally on Mandrake. After keeping eye contact with his mother for a while he turned to Evers with curious gold eyes. The leads would need to talk together--Archibald was the true warlord of this group.

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi

Evers made his way onto the rock to stand side by side with the StormChaser and the newly crowned Dautless. His face a mixture of concern and elation. He wondered if they'd understand the need to replace Ricochet and if they'd accept the replacement; his own brother Archibald. The bulky form of his kin towered above him, as always, with Loretta beside him. Power, they had it now. Their mother had it now through them. The command of a herd was within her grasp, should she ask there was no disagreeing from him or Archibald. Svetlana broke the news and made it known there were positions available within their ranks, holes that must be filled. The Foothill's may of been dormant for the longest time but there was a lot of future in this land. Evers dipped his head in agreement to her words.

The blue looked at the young Ophelia, she provided explanation for the disappearance of Ricochet. Teeth grated together as Evers shook off a momentary anger at the idiocy of their former Chief. He knew there was something shady about him but to attack someone straight out. Idiot. The thought dissipated his initial anger as he watched the back of Ophelia and her interesting companion. He wanted to say thank you and wish her well but the mare had disappeared before he could. Maybe one day, if he came across her again, he would have his chance to say his thanks.

Evers looked at Archibald as he made his short speech, did he not feel the weight? The pressure from leading and being the one this herd would always depend on. Or maybe he hid it well. He smiled when his brother turned to look at him, realizing that he would no longer have to play the part of Warlord, Evers could finally return to his true calling as a Diplomat. His words were much better than his battle skills.

He ran his speech through his mind and turned to their herd. "I think it's about time we brought stability and opportunity to this land. As Leaders, we will convene together to come up with the best way to make the Foothill's a better place. I thank you all for your patience and loyalty."

With that he looked enquiringly at Svetlana and Archibald, was there anything else they wanted to say or was it time to put words into action.

Mandrake Posts: 53
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 15
Alex

Pride. Incredible, glowing, shimmering, extreme pride threatening to suffocate me as I watch Archibald and Evers make their way to that damned Svetlana. Leaders! It would now be so easy, all together too easy, to take a position as leader if I wished. But I would be content to watch, to wait and to listen, for the moment. I watched with annoyance as Svetlana told us of the gawking holes in our herd needing to be filled, and watched with something as close to love as I have ever gotten at Archibald and Evers' words. My gray voids met Archibald's golden ones, and I gave the ever so slightest dip of my head, conveying all my happiness for my little ones through that movement.

When Svetlana doesn't say anything else, apart from a quiet thanks for gathering, I turn, and leave. I'm sure my sons will come find me sooner or later, after they finish up their own business with being leaders of the Windtossed Foothills. After all, I'm in no rush. I can wait to kill for as long as I please, or as soon as I want, for who would dare to stop the two leaders of the Foothills? Not anyone in this herd. Except for maybe that Svetlana... should I need to, maybe I'll have her killed if she gets in the way too much. It would be a very delicate matter, needless to say. Hmm. Maybe not now.

""

[Svetlana just says 'thank you for coming', and I think this thread's pretty much over]

Madyrn Maskan Posts: 87
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 16
Whit
It was in silence that the stoic, almost stony facades of the brothers arrived. They observed without letting their opinions be known, the knights of shadow and flame watched, absorbed, observed and learned all that had happened while they licked their wounds from the recent battle. Did they truly care about the leadership of this herd anymore? Who was left of the herd? Everything had changed, and their loyalties to the Qian was what kept their here, their sisters wishes to show a supportive front from their allies.

But what of the alliance? Had any of the leaders here even bothered to enquire after them, and the Qian, since the invasion? Only a message from Paladin, whom they held some respect for, though it was questionable. Where had he ventured to after leaving the herd to their own devices with the new leads? Why hadn't he approached the brothers, who resided within his own herd, to give the message to their sister? Akath visited them often, and they would have easily and swiftly made the request to their sister on his behalf.

But such was life, and the brothers were hardly caring enough to simmer over it longer than necessary. They rarely held grudges, unless an insult to their family was made, they simply performed the tasks required of them and lived on, seemingly unbothered by much. While they had voted for Ricochet, they did not see issue with the appointment of Archibald, and so in their silence, they seemingly accepted him - at least they did not make a rejection of him known if it did exist within them. They stood side by side, wounds healed, only scars remaining as reminders of the battle they had fought, near enough to the meeting to be considered a part of it, and yet far enough away that they were not immediately noticed.

If anything, they almost looked bored, anything else they may have felt was lost upon the expressionless façades they wore, giving their sister a fair run for her money when it came to hiding one's thoughts. They were polite enough, offering a nod of their craniums too each of those who were now considered their leaders, but otherwise offering nothing more than their presences, as Warriors and representatives of the Qian, to the gathering.