the Rift

Venturing (Newcomer)

Orinthia Posts: 132
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 17 hands :: 4 years
Orinthia
I looked around at the vast forest that was surrounding me. It was a new adventure for me, and a new place to go to. Snow was covering the whole place, and it was really hard for me to walk in it. I started trudging through it. I wasn't that used to the snow. I usually ventured forests when it was in the spring, or fall. My pelt was twitching a little from the harsh conditions I wasn't used to.

In my view, it was strangely early to have snow falling, or even frost fall to even be here. I suspiciously looked around, and saw passing clouds darkening up the sky. I was afraid to go out to far in these woods, for I might get lost, or hurt, but my stubbornness replaced my fear, so I continued on my new journey.

I kept on looking around, and the chilly wind hit my nose. It was so fresh, and pure and it made me feel so free. I looked around to see if there was anyone there. I felt the urge to keep on looking around so I trotted a little bit, searching the new place.

Eventually in hunger, I began to search from some, if there was any grass under the snow. I started pawing at it, with my shaggy, black hooves indenting the snow, searching for some grass when I finally reached some. Ravenously I started to chomp on it. It was fresh from the cold radiated from the snow. I kept on munching until I heard something behind me.

Tallow Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
A golden body moved over the ground. It had been a matter of days since she'd been here last. But she needed to introduce someone to the Edge. The mare looked around and the snow falling. A scent alerted Tallow to someone there. She'd gotten used to the cold, although she knew it was harder for others. A newcomer was here. In the distance she saw the silhouette of a horse. A friesian mare. Her eyes seemed to jump out at you. For Tallow, in this month, it was her entire golden body that jumped out. The mare kept turning her head. The cold blew against Tallow's body. She wished she could create fire. That would definitely help. Tallow veered into her surroundings, eventually getting to the point that she was behind the massive femme. The mare reached for food, and eventually found stuff. Tallow snorted and threw her golden head. Tallow went around again until the faced the newcomer. "Hello, newcomer. My calling is Tallow. What is yours, and do you need a home?" Tallow's voice was warm. The buckskin mare stood tall, trying to reach a height similar to that of the friesian. Her black mane blew with the cold wind and snowflakes settled on it delicately, like fairies. Her beautiful golden head raised, and blinked. Nothing from her past would ever go away. This mare, the mare with the black coat, if she was a bit smaller, with a blaze, she would be Tallow's old mate. But of course she wasn't. A dark silhouette in the woods showed himself. Beside him stood a golden mare, kissing him lightly, as the wind blew the horses-who-were-dead away. Her love. She stepped back slightly, blinking, the image finally fading. Features squeezing back into normal, amazing, emotionless Tallow, she smiled. "There's not as much snow where I come from. There, there is more fog than snow. It's pretty easy to smell the edge though."

Hidden Account
Orinthia
The mare was observing me, and her eyes looked distant as she stared at me, but at the same time it wasn't a hostile stare. She looked as if she were lost in the past. I was going to reply. "Hello. My name is Orinthia," I paused. She was definitely beautiful with this golden coat that stood out within all of the snow. Her mane was gently flowing in the soft wind, and little snowflakes were ornamenting her flowing mane. "I might temporarily need a home in this harsh weather", I continued. "My family was taken away from me, and ever since then, I have been adventuring. I won't settle down in one place until I find a place", I said sad.

"How can you survive in this cold place?" I ventured on. She seemed so friendly, I just wanted to keep on asking her questions. It was a strange place, but I recalled this deep inside my memories. I had to have been here before. I don't know why, but deep inside myself, even though I can't consciously remember, I have been here before, and something that I can't remember, has happened here.

I waited for the buckskin mare's, Tallow's reply.

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi

The Threshold was becoming a second home to the little Chief who jogged and splashed through the growing mud and thickening snow. Places of open ground where covered in white and branches crouched over with the new weight, the deeper the forest the muddier it got. By the time Evers wondered in on the two mares his bright socks were now significantly darker and the few hairs that grew from his rear were slick with damp. His breath visible on the shivering air and the wind was playing a wild game with his grey toned mane. He was happy, it could be said, to be out and feeling useful and the blue boy found himself growing to like his new role. The sense of weight was still there but easily manageable and hardly ever thought of when he was out doing his duty.

The jogging slowed to a walk and then to a halt as he approached the two. One whose scent he didn't know and the buckskin was distinctly that of the World's Edge, he imagined it was even colder on that side of Helovia. His own herd was rather lucky, in the shadows of the mountains. A polite nod was offered to both in greeting and followed by a quiet but audible introduction, having heard their names just as he was arriving he felt it right to offer his own "I hope I'm not intruding. I'm Evers the Able."

A gentle smile followed and he offered it to the gilded Tallow and the obsidian Orinthia. Wondering if he'd turned up in time to convince another to join their growing herd.

Image Credits

Hidden Account
Orinthia
I froze a little bit as I heard the newcomer. He was a beautiful shade of roan gray, with his beautiful gray mane flowing in the air. I observed, little spikes on his neck, three on each side. He was an interesting horse, and I hoped I didn't scare him as I kept on scanning him, looking at his legs, realizing that he had been trudging in mud. I knew that his stockings would be white, if they weren't covered with that slightly darker mud. He seemed very polite as he let me finished what I was saying. In his eyes, he seemed happy to be here, and happy just overall. I was very curious to know what was making this stallion so happy. "I hope I'm not intruding. I'm Evers the Able", he said.

I was astounded by how polite this horse sounded. In all my life I have met rambunctious, cocky, and rude stallions, but I have never met one, such as Evers, that was so polite, and patient. It sparked to me as different, and I was glad he wasn't a snob like the others. "Hello Evers," I said returning the politeness, not wanting to seem hostile or rude. "I believe you've heard, I am Orinthia", I said, trying not to mess up on my words and make myself sound ridiculous and stupid. He was smiling, and I know knew for sure he wasn't hostile. "Please, don't see me as rude, but I can see bliss shining in your eyes, and I would like to ask you, with curiosity, why is it that you are so happy?" I asked, instantly regretting my words. I was probably getting into his personal life. I mentally scolded myself waiting for a reply, hoping he wouldn't get offended.

Unregistered
Tallow looked the friesian up and down, her hooves firmly planted on the ground. Hello, my name is Orinthia. "Well, hello there Orinthia, welcome to Helovia." The friesian mare started speaking then of her past, and Tallow's eyes seemed to dilate with loss from another world. "I am sorry about your past and I'm pretty sure Mirage would allow you to stay in the World's Edge for a while." Her eyes still dilated, for a moment it seemed as though she was seeing Figuro all over again. "You remind me of my mate," Tallow whispered through lips firmly pressed together. Her eyes returned to normal. She noticed that a roan stallion had joined the party. "No, I don't think you are intruding," she smiled. He smelled of the Foothills. Here to claim Orinthia? This was her first time recruiting and this stallion had probably done it millions of times. He had three horns on each side of his neck. Interesting.

The stallion was polite. She would've gone with him, to be honest, had he found her before Torasin. But that would've been before she knew of the Edge. Now she would never leave it. "Hello, I am Tallow. I come from the World's Edge. I believe you would've guessed by now, though." The smile was planted firmly. Her ears cocked in Orinthia's direction, listening to the lyrics. A nice, musical chuckle slipped out. Why, indeed?

Unregistered
bump

Hidden Account
Orinthia
^.^ Is evers still in the Rp?

Hidden Account
Ah yes, sorry guys! I'll have a reply up in the next few hours <33

Unregistered
Orinthia I think it's your turn then Evers?

Hidden Account
Orinthia
It's evers, cause he's third. ^.^

Hidden Account

The dark mare was polite when she replied first, he nodded as she presented her name. Orinthia. A strange but pretty name. The question she asked soon after took him by surprise, was there a bliss in his eyes? The look of shock was momentary and was replaced quickly with that of a gentle smile. "Oh for no reason. I just enjoy the company of others" there was a slight laughter behind his voice before he turned to contemplate his 'rival' in Tallow. The buckskin femme he had never seen before was also hornless and confirmed his suspicion that she was indeed of the Edge. Her statement about him reminding her of her mate was an odd and intriguing one. It made the blue wonder what kind of steed he must be. Both were gentle kind mares and Evers was glad for that. He was in sore need of a break already from the trials of lead, not that he could ever have one, and he wasn't too much in the mood for scrapping over Orinthia. This choice would be up to the mare alone.

"Such a warm welcome! Please convey my greetings to your lead, the Dragon Heart. I shall be making a visit to your land in friendship soon." He proffered his head again in a slight gesture thanks to Tallow before taking up voice again, realizing he hadn't introduced who he really was. "Apologies, I'm the Chief of the Foothills. Our land is in sore need of more recruits and has many opportunities to those willing to take them" he tilted his head suggestively at Orinthia. Wondering whether the mare would be obliged to take residence in a land only now just building its power. Did she seek safety or would she take a chance to help a growing land?

An interesting situation, he wondered what the Edge would offer. Looking curiously at Tallow.

[Sorry for your wait. I've been having internet problems. ^^]

Image Credits

Hidden Account
Orinthia
I heard his answer, and I felt relieved of knowing what was making him so happy. Did the company of others make him that happy? I knew there was something else, but I clamped my jaw shut so I couldn't utter another word. I would end up making myself look stupid. I saw Evers eyeing Tallow, in suspicion. I was wondering what he was thinking. I have never been so curious. I itched to know, but I knew they would think of me as a nosy filly. Nevermore, I stood there observing, trying to learn from these strange horses I have never seen before. As Evers spoke I kept on glancing around at the vast forest with snow all over it. I couldn't quite focus on one thing at the time.

I saw as Evers stared at Tallow when she said I reminded her of her mate. I saw the grief in her eyes, and at that moment I felt like I want to come over to her and tell her every thing was going to be okay. Seeing her grieving in such a way almost made me want to tell them how much I lost to the wolves. They took my herd, and my life away, and just then, I felt like crying out to the world, of what I lost, and felt like just standing their with tears falling. "I am very sorry about your loss, Tallow", I said. I barely knew her but I wanted to comfort her.

As we moved on from that point, I saw a silent communication, a rivalry between the two horses. I could tell they were from two different herds. "We need recruits", was a piece I heard from Evers. He cocked his head in my direction, and I stood there unable to think. What should I do? I thought to myself. "I am in need of a temperary home", I said glancing towards the both of them. I wasn't sure. Half of my heart was set towards finding a mate and a herd, and my other half was set on adventuring, and having a traveling lover. "I-I am still unable to decide, wether I want to settle down in a herd", I said quietly glancing outwards. I loved the life of adventure, but would I also love the life of living in a herd? I vaguely remember memories of my past herd, with my parents and my foal-hood crush. I brushed the memories away, and focused onto the present.

(Finished! Sorry it took so long! :D )

Unregistered
At Evers' reply, Tallow nodded her head. Happiness at company. That was nice. She glanced at him and cocked her head at his suspicion. Why was he suspicious. "What is wrong?" Her dark green eyes queried him. She threw her head slightly. "You don't think I could cause you harm, hopefully, as I am only new to the Edge, few months. Suddenly the dark horse she constantly saw stood there, his frame overpowering. He lifted his head and snorted. Tallow's body froze in terror, mixed with something else. When her lips moved, her eyes became normal again. She looked at Orinthia. She felt like running away, like she was running away, from her past. "You're lucky. You're lucky that your past doesn't stop you from making friends. You're lucky that it's not your fault that everyone you love is dead. You're lucky you don't see the dead everywhere." Tallow's voice was small, whisper-like. A voice inside her head told her they wouldn't believe her. She told herself, I have to move on, I can't lie in the past, even though it would be impossible, she knew. But she could try.

Tallow looked at Orinthia, no doubt she was confused by the muddle of herds. "Sorry Orinthia. I think our words are confusing you." The words were calm, friendly. "If you want, I can take you back to The World's Edge with me. We have campfires made by Mirage." She looked at her earnestly. Thinking of her mate; and Mariah twisted the cords of her heart. It honestly hurt her physically. She knew she shouldn't bottle in pain or sadness, but she had to, didn't she? She didn't want to be thought of as weird.

Hidden Account

The darker mare's uncertainty was understandable, surrounded by strangers the right decision to make could often be clouded by so many offers. Tallow seemed to miss understand his glance, the blue boy wasn't judging her nor was he frightened. He was simply giving her chance to speak. The girl had obliged in a quiet haunted voice, the past could be an unrelenting monster. Not that Evers knew, his past was a vast blank empty space, Mandrake had made sure he remembered nothing of his past. He wasn't sure which would be worse, remembering hurt or remembering nothing at all. His face softened "a mare as sweet and honest as yourself does not deserve such a haunting past, dear Tallow."

His voice was filled with sympathy. It was the only words he could offer as his mind struggled to empathize. Maybe if the atrocities that laced his lost memories returned, he could finally understand the pain of Tallow. A faint smile travelled onto his face as the buckskin gave an apology for any confusion they may of caused, followed by her own offer. The World's Edge. It wasn't a bad place and making the choice to live there would not be a wrong one. This fact made it all the more harder for Evers to convince others to take a chance with his slowly growing land. He decided to alter his next words, catering it to Orinthia's needs with an understanding tone.

"Mirage is a great leader and you would be well looked after in the lands of the Edge." He offered the harmless compliment, the statement was true enough even if he hadn't met the shadowed mare yet. "If you choose to come with me you would be free to venture wherever you wish, and should you want to leave I will not stop you" he paused, keeping his tone kind whilst he turned thoughts into words. "All I ask for is your loyalty to the Foothills and in return you may have a home" it seemed reasonable enough. A granted freedom to roam wherever as long as their allegiance lay with him and his herd.

Of course, she could always go to the Edge. He did not know the laws of Mirage yet.

Image Credits

Hidden Account
Orinthia
I was a little bit afraid and pressured. I was aching for a home, but with someone I loved in it. Friends meant a lot, but I wanted someone like I lost, that day. At the same time, I wanted to go where ever I wanted to go, but to the forest. That is the place I love so dearly. Thinking about my past all over again, I heard Tallow silently whisper. "Tallow, I lost my family. I lost my to be mate, my mother, my father, everyone", I said. "The wolves murdered them, and I watched them die infront of me....I did nothing to stop it", I said. "That is the reason why I run from my past. The guilt.....", I paused there not trying to make this a complete sob story. "I am very sorry", I paused not wanting to make the atmosphere more tense.

Tallow then mentioned the world's edge. I have heard that it is dense forest, places I like. Then I twitched my ears, hearing Evers talk about the foot hills and my freedom. It was overwhelming to choose. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I wanted to join a herd...but with exceptions? "If I decide, will both of you let me come and go as I will...I love the life as an adventurer...." I paused a little bit confused. "I have always yearned to visit the World's Edge, but then...", I paused staying quiet.

(It's finished... Sorry If I didn't keep on going XD )