Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable
[Image: xanthosprofilepic.png]

Xanthos
I will live for you
before I die

Ever since his arrival to the steppe, Xanthos had found himself questioning his true beliefs. He was a confusing one to understand, that was for sure. The stallion was a true believer that all should be treated with dignity and respect, at least until they show that they are undeserving of such treatment. He had never truly spent time with normal equines, and he had never even laid eyes on a winged horse. To him, shaping any sort of views upon them was simply wrong. Of course, what Elizabeth had told him about the Qians had deflated his good views on other species, but then... what if the Qians were really the good ones?

The grullo was not stupid, though, and wouldn't speak against the ones who had so graciously allowed him to come here, at least until he found out everything he could. Perhaps one day he would find himself on the other side of the fence, even if it meant he would one day be hunted by the ones he lived among now.

As he walked across the snow, the prints he left behind were gradually covered by the softly blowing snow. As a newcomer, he had stayed close to the herd, always keeping them in sight, but hadn't wandered terribly close to anyone just yet. There had been a few strange looks his way, but understandably so. Xanthos was already aware that neither Elizabeth nor Psyche quite knew what to think of him, and honestly, it came as no surprise to him. He was different.

Heaving a breath, the stallion continued his trek across the snow towards the herd, determined to make today unlike the rest. He wanted to meet the others who called the steppe home, whether it be against their own will or not. Perhaps he could find out more about the Helovian lands and its inhabitants, and if not, maybe a simple being to call 'friend'.

ooc; Sorry it's not terribly good, I scrambled my brain with a week long scavenger hunt! D:

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica
If this is for someone else, than just yeah pm me and I'll delete this. I wasn't sure :/

F a e l e n e
and there's no comfort in the truth

Strange, strange was it watching the snow fall. The feeling was odd when she tried to concentrate on the white little flakes that drifted, falling down,down, down. It made her feel unworldly, if she wasn't where she was standing, but somewhere else in time. Where did the snow come from, and what knit the delicate cold lace? It seemed to fly so fast, coming and going as it pleased. How much she wished for that.

Steam rising from her nostrils, her thick limb continued to paw against the harsh crust she had first broke. She was almost to the sleeping vegetation she wanted, and needed. Another thrust she dug out the powered white, and brought her nose down to blow against winter's dust. There was small sprouts of grass tucked away from the tundra, and a few long dead wisps of longer grass. Mouth open she grabbed the pieces, and started to grind them away. Dark head rising, she glanced to the horizon not feeling exposed but merely the pair of eyes. There was a stallion hanging close, his coat looked a pale tan, as if washed stone. She wondered why he hung back, why he stared. He had a horn, and surely someone must have brought him here. Were they encouraging him, putting comfort he belonged? Her jaws ground in a quicker pace, and she swallowed the rather tasteless bite. It would do it's working, filling her stomach, keeping her layer of warmth.

A curious tilt to her head in a questioning manner, she was at the edge of the their group and released a shrill call to the gentleman. He surely might as well come join them. She would not drop her head, she would watch him with interest to her tinted silver eyes.

Hidden Account
Sica
F a e l e n e

Faelene had never had to have the herd's eyes cutting upon her. She had been greeted by Mauja, and had met the others alone in or in small groups. After all what really seemed to matter was a horn upon the head. It would take someone half blind not to notice, the spiraled white one that broke from his dark mane. The kind of horn she had wanted when she was much younger, one that didn't draw odd looks at times. Than sometimes she had wished she had not had one at all. Faelene had grown proud of being a Unicorn, and would not be ashamed nor in grief over that.

The red maned continued to watch him, pondering what made him keep back. Something.. her mind seemed to tell her, but when he returned the call she felt a smile begin to form. She knew what it felt like to be out of place, because she at times had not shaken that feeling.

Shuffling in place, she picked more at the snow she had yet to remove even when he came upon her. Indirectly she let her eye that could see him take him in, noticing the glow of his sharp yellow eyes. They were quite a bold hue, and she noticed they only had a thin line of black. Raising her arched neck, she let her mask drift in his direction meeting his gaze. It was always strange, and thrilling to look in the eyes of the stranger....looking to see who they were while they were doing the same to you. She might have guessed there was something different to him too, and offered him a slim smile. They were the same height, but he seemed not to hold his head high in pride, but still cautious of meeting a stranger he did not know. Faelene would never get use to the gentleman around, by his words he sounded like one. Xanthos itself sounded something important, and she would guess he was a little older than her. "Xanthos, no you're alright. I hate to see someone feeling like an outcast, though I guess that is what we all are," she spoke with a soft tone, a hint of amusement. They were a band of outcasts after all, something she hoped would be changed, at the same time she thought made them grow closer. What did she know? She was aware of the racism, and how it seemed to consume them. Some times she toed the line on which side she should stand. "I am Faelene, did you just arrive to the Steppe?"

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable
[Image: xanthosprofilepic.png]

Xanthos
I will live for you
before I die

It felt like minutes were passing as they two unicorns took in the other's features, when really it was only mere seconds. To Xanthos, this mare was oddly difficult to read; he couldn't quite place what she was feeling, or even thinking, but she did seem genuinely kind. It was welcoming to say the least, as those he had met thus far were simply focused on the extermination of pegasus and equines. Perhaps he was thinking to hard on this...

Having suddenly been lost in his thoughts, he nearly missed what Faelene had just said. With the softest of smiles, he allowed for all previous musings to dissipate from his mind and focused entirely on the here and now. There was something about this mare in front of him that was intriguing. Perhaps they shared the same views on this whole racist battle he had walked in to, or maybe it was simply the fact that she held a gentle facade unlike the others. Drawing a breath, the grullo spoke. "I suppose that is true," he remarked, his lips pursing for a moment at the sheer truth of that statement, "But maybe it won't be like that for long." A part of him was truly curious as to how long it would be before the residents of Frostbreath rallied and tried to take back their home at the World's Edge, yet the other part hoped that maybe, just maybe, they would relent and move on. Xanthos knew, however, that if it had been his own home, he would react in the same manners.

When the silvered mare spoke again, the stallion lifted his head and gave a nod. "Elizabeth brought me here from the Threshold. I have not met anyone besides her and Psyche so far... And you, now," he added quickly with a chuckle. "Faelene, how long have you called the Steppe home? How long have the unicorns been banished here?"

Hidden Account
Sica
F a e l e n e

The world was set on making everyone pick a side. This or that, choose. There was a neutral stance between two points, sure, but those there seemed to take the hardest blows. Why? It was because they had to take hits from both. She would know, conflicted to remain loyal to her kind or leave them for a different life and suffer the consequences of being a traitor. She was left with a thick shadow of fear trailing her, wanting to suffocate her, all because she wasn't sure what she would pay in the end. Each choice left her with a cost. If it was found out the way Leander made her heart a fickle thing...

Yes, there was great reasons Faelene was not easy to read.

His bright yellow eyes alluring with their unique shape she could not escape his glance. Something held to the yellow orbs. What was he questioning? How welcoming she was? Faelene had felt it a custom, they were all in this together, and if one wasn't kind to their own species how could they accomplish anything? No, if they could not stand together there was no point, and they would never have a place. The silver charger was thoughtful, letting it weigh on his mind, and his words seemed careful. It seemed they all stirred now to do something, and she did not know when would be the time to strike back, if they would be ready. All she knew was if they tried to claim the Edge, they would have to do so in secret not to rally it's allies who had helped steal it in the first place. "It's hard to say, but I hope you are right," she answered, not sure how well it did to think about how they had to live here now.

Elizabeth. She had seen the silver maned mare in passing, but had not talked to her. No, she was likely a follower of a Psyche with the same ideas, and Faelene had stayed clear. It was because of fear, but not quite what someone would think. Faelene was afraid what their hate and disgust would make her become. If she stumbled into the black pit, she wasn't sure she would find herself. No, there would just be a vengeful creature she had encountered during the invasion, full of venom with a want to hurt and kill. It made sense now, why he may be surprised by her though. "I see, I haven't have the pleasure of properly meeting them," she answered with a grin twitching to her lip that would become still. "We have been here for only a couple months now. This place, it has a way of growing on you. Did you come from a similar place, or were you lucky to live in warmer parts of the world?" She asked, pausing once for answer, before pawing again at the snow.