the Rift

The Colours of The Rainbow(open)

Tallow Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Tallow knew there wasn't much to marvel at in her new home, the World's Edge, but she marvelled at the future. This land was indeed promising. The mist poured in. Using her scent, she smelled the sharp edges. She'd touch forward with a front hoof, lest she topple over. What a horrid way to die? Tallow walked forward, the mist surrounding her, bathing her. It made her coat moist and she liked it. It made her look graceful, eerie. Her golden coat was like a candle in this land. She hoped to meet another horse. She'd met Torasin. But she couldn't have only one friend! Tallow lowered her head, nibbling at the short grass sprouts. The trees around her guarded her. Where they stopped, they led out onto a cliff. She was nearly there now. The trees subsided and she found herself on barren rock. Now she was extra careful. Right, left, right, left. she reminded herself. The buttercream mare looked out. The overcast sky was black with anger. Anger. She had no horse to be angry at anymore. Black mane hung jaggedly over her golden neck, framing her like the lady she was. Suddenly, putting her right foot forward, she met nothing. Looking down, a sheer drop led to the sea. So cold. A disturbed, trapped part of her mind marvelled at the prospect of dying from the cause of just dropping. Falling to the waves below. The mare stepped back from the edge. "This is it," she whispered to herself, "The edge of the World." Now she had something to marvel at. What if there was a safe way down. Turning sideways, the mare made sure to always have only one hoof off the ground. Suddenly the mare met a log. It was small, but it was tall. Easily jumpable. The mare looked over it. There was still a wide extent of land before it caved away to the sea below. And she could go back into the woods if she liked. The mare turned, trotted, turned again and finally cantered. She headed for the middle of the tree and jumped. A twig scratched at her belly but she mostly cleared it, arching her neck elegantly before touching down. Tallow stopped. Sensing that someone was there, she looked out to the water. "It's a long way down," she muttered. She turned around to face the horse but only saw a dark stallion. A dark stallion who was dead. Shaking her head, she cantered back towards the tree and jumped again. A shift in the atmosphere alerted her to the fact that a horse was watching, and by the scent, they were alive. "Hello," she gasped as her body hit the ground, turning her body. "Where are you?" she spoke to the other horse, but also to her lost mate, her lost best friend, and also: To her old self.

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
A golden dragon flew amidst the bare branches of the trees. It was a companion, bonded to the magnificent Leader of this land. Mirage was further within the lands, a dark smudge against the stark, monochromatic environment. Akaith flew ahead, a golden speck in the mists, listening to the happenings below, sometimes dropping her flight so that she could see through the thinner mists the happenings of those who also called the herd home.

It was inevitable then, that the little dragon would see the antics of Tallow, and report them to her beloved through that special mental link only they shared. The DragonHeart danced her way through the mists, elegantly transporting her bodice towards the Edge her lands, though Tallow was no longer near there, she would find her upon the outskirts of the naked forest.

A low whicker was offered in greeting as Mirage arrived to the scene, tilting her cranium by ways of acknowledgement to the buckskin. Torasin had mentioned a new recruit, and Mirage had trusted his judgement, as Sun Advocate he was a part of her close council, and had been her longest friend in these lands regardless. A smile tilted her lips at the mere thought of him, fondness and affection clear, triggered by nothing more than a memory of his smile, and unwavering happiness.

"I am here." Mirage spoke simply, but not unkindly in response to the mare's seemingly random query. Always, I am here, she thought to herself, a thought that was replied to with a warbling caw from the golden reptile that flew above her, before promptly landing upon her withers. "Are you enjoying yourself?" Relaxed, the mare displayed as much by shifting her weight onto the tip of one of her toes in the hind end, tail swishing lazily at her flanks at the non-existent insects.

Unregistered
Tallow's body moved lightly through the forest until she reached the edge. Her mind was so muddled up right now that she didn't notice the golden speck flying overhead. So she had no idea that the leader would make an appearance. She cantered so her body launched itself into the air, over a log. It was large. Very large. Her body planted itself on the ground again and the mare breathed. A nicker sounded her attention when she was once again on the other side. "Hello, Mirage. I am Tallow." She stepped forward and bowed her head. "I am glad to finally meet you." Her smile gleamed with beauty. But in the smile it was obvious that the ingredients of that smile had turned into something fake, something lost. I am here. "I'm glad. A mare of my sort shouldn't be left with the past." The leader asked of her enjoyment to which the buckskin replied with, "Indeed. I am enjoying this land. I hope to be able to stay." Tallow turned her head in the direction of the edge.

Jallyn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
BUMP PLEASE

Unregistered
bring up my post please?

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
( ooc : sorry I am on absence at the moment, posting this from my phone. I'll get a post for you this Friday. )