the Rift

How DARE She Forget | open, Torasin?

Nym Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Don't be lonely, I'm always here
The two boys had not shown signs of acknowledging their father in a while, and now, now was the perfect time. Their encounter with Brooke, the memory lost mother, went terribly wrong. Each stud had no clue what had truly happened to their mom but the problem was Abel wasn't open to accept it any other way than, she forgot about them. Nym only followed with his naive ways, misunderstood. The clues of the name Aera that their mother kept asking for never truly clicked.

Now it was time to speak with father. Would he even remember Brooke. "Come on Nym." the buckskin tobiano pointed his voice in his twins direction. The interesting little chestnut with islands of white on him turned directions and followed his brother. Both of them now crossed the borders into the Edge. Torasin, they were sure of, was apart of the Qian. And wasn't this for the Qian now?

Green eyes danced across the land as so did the blue of Nym's. Nym constantly thought inside his head. Replaying the encounter. Maybe Abel was right.

[ooc- imi, if you have too many threads don't worry about this one, i just figured to get the plot going Torasin would have to be informed of Brooke's return. xD]
[Image: abelandnymtable.png]
slime-stock.deviantart.com | venomxbaby.deviantart.com | dragoroth-stock.deviantart.com

Torasin Posts: 132
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 8
imi
by the time I noticed; you were already g o n e

Twins! Here!

Torasin looked up sharply with his eyes widening in surprise, the twins had never come looking for him. In fact, it was normally the other way around. The brown flew slightly in front and directed his gilded friend to the place in which the twins were located. Torasin's heart was beating fast, the fact this was so out of the blue made him wonder if there was something wrong. Were they hurt? Had something happened? Were they okay? All the questions, all the worry, came flooding into his body. The more it increased the faster his pace became until he was cantering through the trees to find his sons, Kiba dipping and diving around branches that got in his way.

Hooves slipped under his lithe body as green pools zoned in on the twins, creamy tail disappearing under his rear as he screached to a halt. Standing there in complete surprise for a moment. Next came the minute inspection, his medical eye running over each part of them, their ailments that plagued them as foals was no longer present. No scratches, no blood and no lipping. They were fine physically but something told him that not all was okay. So what had happened to them whilst he had been serving the Edge.

"Abel, Nym! My sons, it's been a while." His merry voice sang through grey lips and he moved forward, ruffling both their mane once he reached them in a fond fatherly embrace. Their scents so familiar. He took a step back then, Kiba landed smartly on Abel's back and chattering away as he normally did. Swishing his tail back and forth, content to sit on the darker twin whilst inspecting Nym. "As much as I'm glad to see you and know you're okay, this isn't like the two of you to pay a social visit."

A worried expression invaded his face as he looked into the depths of Abel's eyes, the colt most like Brooke and with a fiery temper to suit. The other, lighter brother, more like himself. Something was definitely off. "So what is it? What's wrong?" Concern was thick in his voice as he stared at them both, waiting for an explanation for their troubled faces.

neverFading-stock.deviantart.com | lumibear.deviantart.com | art by titaniumsun.deviantart.com

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
The sons of her beloved friend were of course, welcome within the borders of the World's Edge. Even their mother, a mare whom Mirage had seen nothing but ill-manners from, was welcome, if only they wished to ask and respect the laws of the herd. As it was, they evidently chose to be Outcast, a decision Mirage could understand perfectly well, having walked that path for most of her life.

Their scents were something she vaguely remembered, having met them at their birthing, and otherwise recognising them for their similarities to the golden and ivory Torasin.Brooke, it seemed, had been gone for a long time once again, and while this angered Mirage, she could not let her opinion on the mare be known to Torasin, lest he decide she still held his heart. It would not do well to insult the lover of a dearest friend, even if they were apart for a while - what would happen should the insulted lover return? Would they still be lovers?

It was not for Mirage to say, and so she did not say a thing on the matter.

Akaith sat atop the withers of her bonded this day, as the dark mare walked towards the area inhabited by the trio of relatives. A low wuffle was offered, a deep nod of her tiara given to her Advocate, a fond glance, overflowing with love and affection for her golden friend, simultaneously presented to him. Akaith proffered a friendly warble to the swiftly growing brown dragon, feeling the same affection for him as her bonded did for his bonded.

Swiftly she was able to ascertain that something was not quite right in the family of her beloved friend, and so with a concerned brow frowning slightly, she gently inquired after their wellbeing.

"How you have grown; I hope all is well?"

sxc.hu

Unregistered

Not too long after their arrival to the Edge the brown dragon Kiba was spotted. Along with the sounds of thundering hooves. Small thundering hooves. Nothing compared to the beat of their own, or the beat of their mothers. Oh their mother. A temperature boiled beneath the surface of Abel. Torasin's features were insight now. Nym's bright eyes widened with love. A bouncy mood swung from low light to high light.

"Father!" cheery tones met merrily upon the paint stallion. Chestnut patches stepped into the gesture of his father in greeting. Kiba landing down on Abel's back now. The silver buckskin tobiano paid no heed to the brown at the moment. His joyful chirping still fluttering about. "Torasin." head dipping in a gentlemanly manor, a less excited greeting as that of the other son. Abel began to reply the matters, as he was cut off by the arrival of another, "Its about mot..." green eyes snapped to the black and her dragon. Mirage. Abel and Nym could remember their birth day and seeing the features of her own self there. The twins could in fact remember the heated feelings their mother had given with the sight of the DragonHeart.

Abel was much like his mother in the way of feelings and personality, though Nym was far from it. Sensitive and happy like his father and so these personal feelings about Mirage were nothing but pure exception. Abel though, held something for the gal. He would not show a hatred his mother did but he did not show her the fondest warmest smile out there. Nym on the other hand was quick to proffer a smile. "It has been quite some time, m'lady, since I have seen your face. I'm sure we have sprouted since then." a slight amusement in his voice. Abel was quick to get back to the topic for this gathering though, and without a gap from his brothers words shot forth his own. Ears slanted forward towards his father, "It is about mother." annoyance found deep inside the tenors, "She is here. Though when Nym and I arrived upon her, she simply did not remember us? Going on about how Aera needs her and asking where she was. It just did not simply fit." Abel's eyes becoming squinted, a fiery temper steaming "How could she forget!?"

Nym began to move he muzzle to Abel's rump, slightly ignoring the conversation. He did not want nor really even understand that his mother truly did forget. He just figure Abel was too quick to judge. T-boned chestnut face nuzzling against Kiba in a passionate matter. Hoping to get the dragon upon his own back and take a short hike while this discussion held out.
[Image: abelandnymtable.png]
slime-stock.deviantart.com | venomxbaby.deviantart.com | dragoroth-stock.deviantart.com

Torasin Posts: 132
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 8
imi
by the time I noticed; you were already g o n e

She always had a profound effect on him. Even before she appeared before him, her presence moving closer was enough to make the gilded paint feel warm and content. The dragon mare with piercing eyes who lived in the shadows and hid herself in ways so similar to himself, it would be honest to say Torasin missed her dogging his every step. Missed her always turning up when he knew nothing about it. Their growing relationship through spontaneity. Nothing had changed of course, the affection he bared for her was still imprinted on his heart and forever will it be. The golden man just wasn't allowed to acknowledge it out of politeness for his friend, Vikram, and his love for Brooke. The latter could be stricken off now however. Whatever tatters of their once flowering relationship had now been destroyed along with her familiar disappearing act. All he felt now was a cold void within his heart filled only by his excitable brown who now chattered a great many greetings at the golden Akaith, still atop the back of Abel.

Green pools watched Mirage and he greeted her with the same warmth she showed him, pressing a grey muzzle to hers and inhaling her scent that was infused with dragon. A buttery lobe caught her concern for his sons and Torasin turned back to the twins with a worried look, finally they spoke and with each word the paint felt anger, hurt and an indecipherable emptiness from Brooke's sheer heartlessness. To him maybe, but to be so severe and dishonest to her own sons?! For a moment the paint considered telling his former lover to go back to the shadowed land and immediately scolded himself for thinking such a terrible thing.

Torasin didn't speak right away. Instead he took the time to order his racing thoughts and regarded the two. By the time he parted his lips, Kiba had hoped from Abel to Nym and was now chattering away at the chesnut splashed twin. "I don't know how Abel nor do I know why she would decide to play such a twisted game with her own flesh and blood." He paused and thought about it some more, Torasin simply had no desire to see her again. Why could he not disappear? Was he not allowed to runaway too? Alas it was not in his nature and he found himself shifting towards Mirage for she was a comfort to be near.

"Maybe I should speak with her, although I would rather not see her face again at all, for the sake of my son's I feel I must." Green pools fell to the floor and he silently asked the Gods what on earth he had done to deserve such an unforgiving life. Many had thought him a fool for loving such a heartless mare, but none had seen the side he had and one could never choose to whom their heart would skip a beat.

neverFading-stock.deviantart.com | lumibear.deviantart.com | art by titaniumsun.deviantart.com

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
It was puzzling to the mare, though she did not show it, how the sons of Torasin having been raised solely by him, could show nothing more than momentary disdain, and then nonchalance towards the mare whom their father clearly adored. What had she done to them, to their mother, even? But the mare's caring feelings towards Torasin allowed her to do nothing more than act as a supporting figure for him, and him alone. She sighed, not willing to give up on the colts, yet not able to see a way where she could prove her honest, worthiness of their respect.

The dark little mare listened to the tales with interest, wondering at what the dark minded mare, Brooke, was playing at. Indifference, bland and unreadable, showed upon her façade, softening only slightly as the golden painted steed stepped closer to her. She hid her surprise as he admitted to never wanting to see the painted mare again, though this Mirage took with a vacant expression too. The sons, they deserved something, more, more than the lack of a mother they had been given, more than the nasty tricks she was playing upon them. I could set her tail on fire. Mirage mused to herself, silently amused at the rebuff her own companion dragon made to her. You would not allow me to do so, why should I allow you?

"If you feel my presence would be useful, I will accompany you." A warm voice, coloured with an accent shaped over many lands, dripped from the lips of the WeyrLeader. She glanced at Akaith, and then Kiba. "Perhaps with their affinity for touching the minds of those lost in their own thoughts, our dragons could help her, if her mind is indeed lost in the past." Akaith bristled slightly at this, however, displeased quite severely at the thought of getting too close to the mind of such a savage, foul, loathsome creature as Brooke was. Even if Mirage did not accompany Torasin, by his request, the little queen could at least show Kiba her own techniques, techniques that she herself had used upon Torasin, when he had been captured by the former Throat inhabitants.

Though the mare was a capable little soul, there were restrictions to exactly what she could and could not do. This was one such time where she felt like all the she could do was support her friend, and watch as he struggled against something he truly did not deserve.

sxc.hu

Unregistered

With a pounce from Abel's back to Nym's Kiba landed. The chestnut paint with obvious love in his eyes turned his nares to the scaley nostrils of the dragon. A soft exhale playfully to the brown. Nym walked from the conversation a bit, slowly taking a soft gander at everything of the Edge. Thoughtfully considering the home of his father. Wishing with all his might that maybe someday, Abel would have enough sense to settle into a herd, protected and with his father. Though it was bound not to happen anytime soon, either way Nym was just fine with the circumstances. He'd follow his brother in any footsteps. Off a cliff even.

"A game? Father, I am a resemblance of her. For if it was a game there would be hints, she was truly confused. How do you disappear and forget everything? Your own blood." the green eyed locking faces with Torasin. A scowl across his maw. It was pitiful the acts of his mother. She disappeared far to often and reappeared with problems. "I know she has caused you grief and if it is truly a face you do not want to see again, do not feel as if Nym or I's feelings push you." the chestnut boy still walking about around a tree. Studying its organisms and dead winter limbs. Though Abel now directed his attention on Mirage, "Mirage, I do not wish to offend you, but we all know my mother had held a sort of dislike for you. Going would be pointless, father would receive nothing from her with your presence available." sincere and bland tones directed to her. Fiercely truth, and nothing but. His opinion of the mare was not here. Abel did not feel a dislike for Mirage, though he did hold his mothers thoughts to heart. There was a reason she disliked the black. So that would be his reason, if it wasn't too ignorant.

Nym though, enjoyed Mirage's tones and helpful being. His wandering blue eyes were now glued to the black shadows bodice. The chestnut paint came her way. Unused muscles that had yet to mature jiggled around joyfully, "Mirage, I believe Abel speaks the truth, though I do not feel he has say in this." his eyes glanced to Abel, "It is fathers choice, after all it is his lover." Abel's ears had pinned annoyed now, eyes shot to Nym, "If you payed attention, our father does not want to see her ever again, therefor. Ex-lover, meaning I, we, have say also. Love it may have been but we are the product and blood of that, we are not outcasts in this ordeal." true.

Nym though wished to be outcasts of the group call. His feelings twirled deep inside his stomach and gut throbbing pain stabbed his heart. Tears built a waterfall behind his eyes but they feared the fall. The paints head sunk low in submission and his tones became quiet. His inner thoughts were at war while his own twin sat and swam joyfully in his sorrow. Picking at the emotional issues already.