the Rift

she walks in beauty, open.

Yseulte Posts: 68
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 5
Itzal :: White Tiger :: Hypnotize roni

The morning fog was still..

Thin swirls of pale mist clung to naked branches threading through the whiteness like gnarled bones. In fact, so still was the world at this hour, Yseulte might have been the only soul with flesh and a warm beating heart. It sounded like thunder to the silvery unicorn, and she wished she could will that vulnerable organ to be silent, just like the rest of the world.

And yet it was there—steady as a war drum. Thud, thud, thud.

Her steps were so soft, so quiet, that even she, Yseulte, seemed blended with nature—her long, wild flaxen hair was the pale vanilla of the sky just before dawn, and her silver-blue skin the killing frost, hard and cold as diamonds. Her jewel-like eyes were brighter than an autumn sky—the only color not washed away by winter. Only the delicate imprints pressed into the thin snowfall hinted of her fleeting presence. The sickly sweet scent of frostbitten flowers lingered in the air.

With every step away from home and closer to the unknown, his presence faded. Faded like the colors. Faded like the vapor from her breath. Since her childhood, Yseulte had been told who she was, and what she was. The daughter of a monster, surely. Once, she believed them, as a lonely child with no friends because she was the daughter of the fire-eater. A time when she had been naïve, with eyelashes that whispered like the thrum of butterfly wings. Now, she didn’t know who she was, or why she was.

She just…was.

But they hadn't know him when his heart could be kind, and gentle. Her soft, blossom-pink lips had long since gone numb with the winter cold, but she remembered a time when he would use the fire in his veins to bring her small joys. He would warm the frozen ground beneath her hooves so that she might walk with ease through the drifts. He would not always destroy. Sometimes he would even breathe on a dead flower for her, melting the frost and showing her life beneath the surface. They were always violets.

But that was long ago, and he was long gone.

She stopped walking. Motionless, she watched the snow fall in a gentle hush, lost in the boneyard of other glittering snow-skeletons at her hooves.

ooc, I will remember how to write sooner or later, I promise.

yseulte,

image credits

ALL THE WAYS I GOT TO KNOW
YOUR PRETTY FACE AND ELECTRIC SOUL.

Shatter Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
From the calm of my resting spot by a tree, I hear a faint thud. Very faint. If there was even the slightest sound of a glistening butterfly landing, the thud would have been nothing. But now, in my silence and peace, I realize that another living thing could be moving toward me. I shake my white, frost-covered wings, and the frost dives down like my father did in war, one moment flying, the next, a meteor heading for the rocky ground. Of course, how should I know, with my only memory of him being...nothing?

Ahh, see, now, you must be interested. As an orphan pegisus, I was a nasty little filly. Oh yes, only when I was tamed my another of my kind was I not my usual unruly self. Now, I rise, and go out to greet the femme who seems the definition of quiet. When my lead-black eyes meet her, I gasp at the beauty. But, of course, this is mostly because of, yet again, a parent of mine. My mother, in the way they described her, was about the prettiest it could get. But shy. And it still troubles me to think how I, being the only offspring of Willow and Friction, could have so easily been effected by her disposition. I move foward. Ugh. I do daydream, as she did, and, oh yes- Thump. I run smack into a tree that somehow dissapeared in the midst of my thoughts. And that is just the kind of thing that happens every single day.

I greet her. "Hello. You seem troubled. Are you ok?" I am not my usual negative self around uncomfortable, innocent mares. Stallions, now they are a different story. I show no mercy for the selfish brutes that some young femmes go all googly-eyed over. I also show no mercy for the femmes. It's their fault. Oh well. Too bad. I examine the beauty that makes up this soft and quiet mare. My dark eyes imediately go to her soft ones. I always check the eyes first. If they show whites with fear, or nervousness, then you are on your own. All I see is that beautiful bright color. Trustworthy.

"I can help you, if you like, although I have nowhere to go, but I can offer a remedy to the loneliness of traveling alone. It would be a lie to say I have ever stayed with a soul for long, or to say that I enjoyed leaving them, but if you have no liking for stallions, you will be safe with me." I allow my soft self to come in, although my guard is still up. You never know when a seemingly innocent soul may attack out of pure rage for their past, usually the kind I tend to run into. With the way things go for me, although this femme seems ok, she will probably spear me with her horn to say the least.

Oh, the joys of being me.

OOC: Oh, its fine. I don't know how you would rate my writing either.

Hidden Account

Yseulte opened her eyes and the world came back to her in a blast of cold air. A biting winter wind swept through her wild blonde hair and curling strands trembled in thin, swirling lines across her young face.

For the first time in her life, Yseulte felt strangely at ease. Her heart no longer plagued her mind, and her mind was at peace. The battle within herself ceased. Perhaps it was the frozen woods, filled with hollow silence and stillness. Only the distant sounds of tinkling icicles and falling mounds of snow from upper boughs shattered the silence. It was a precarious balance, this winter wonderland. Much like herself, in fact. One moment, she is at peace with the world and it with her. And the next...

She wasn’t surprised to hear a quiet murmur of hoof steps padding through the morning, sounding cold and hollow on frozen ice webbed across the ground like broken shards of glass. Her mind had been drifting, as it often did these short, wintry days.

She supposed it was the winter; it reminded her of him, of his pale skin and cold eyes.

As the winged-mare drew to a stop near her, the serenity Yseulte tolerated like warm, comfortable rain vanished. Melted like the snowflakes that touched her hot skin. Yseulte found that she couldn't tear her eyes away from the massive, powerful wings folded elegantly at the mare's shoulders. A nameless emotion flashed across her face, envy perhaps, before it was gone. She had never met a Pegasus before; her father forbade it. But Daddy dearest wasn't here anymore, was he? The mare greeted her with gentle concern, and Yseulte felt something bordering amusement prick at the corners of her cold lips.

"I'm a damsel, but contrary to the popular belief, I am not in distress." The tone of her voice was drawling and bored, as if this wasn't the first time somebody had assumed she had just undergone some life-rendering tragedy.

It was a curse, her father's beauty. The bright eyes that were pools of mystery and allure (even when, in reality, she might be thinking about taking a piss in somebody's drinking stream), the wild blonde hair, the silvery sheen of her skin. She was a shining star against a vast, black sky. All Yseulte wished to be was a rock. A big, ugly rock, at that. She yearned for her mother's modest plainness, and to be rid of this cursed femininity.

"You don't say," Yseulte muttered under her breath when the stranger mentioned that she rarely had company. Drawing herself up and blinking in a somewhat serene, polite manner, as she imagined her mother might do, Yseulte forced herself to remain still and silent while the white mare finished her eloquent speech of loneliness, comradeship, and safety.

"That's all very kind, but I'm quite capable of goring a stallion in the belly all by myself, thank you." Yseulte sighed, eager to be out of these woods by nightfall. She wasn't fond of closed spaces. Giving the winged-mare a curt nod, she began wading through the snow powder once more, intending to keep the conversation short and sweet. She trudged along a few paces, sighed again, then called over her shoulder. "Oh, come on then. Better two than one, if you can keep up."
yseulte,

image credits

Reverie Posts: N/A
Unregistered

The indigo damsel moved like a wraith across the snow-laden Earth, her lungs rising like a pair of balloons with each inhalation, ribs sliding beneath her skin like rods of iron. White fog breathed slowly through the twisted forks of the barren trees, asphyxiating the celestial dame like moist clouds of livid dust. It suffocated her, enveloping her in a swath of mystery as dished hooves fell trepidly onto the filament robe of snow. It cloaked Earth's dark bosom beneath a layer of glimmering alabaster, and dim eyes beheld the wintry artwork with restrained esteem—beautiful though it was, Reverie did not enjoy not knowing where she was; her wanderings were aimless.

Which, this would have been all fine and dandy, had it not been for the cold; it permeated the air like an invisible mantra, thick as a cloud of smoke. The slender tassels of her tail swayed through the air in the starry woman's wake, and a barrage of diverse aromas wafted their way unto her. She inhaled them with indifference, and continued onward, silvern eyes acting as her perfidious navigators: the haze was thick, and the sunlight caught on the airborne vapors like a light swash of a fine powder.

The mare stained of sooty cobalt, the color of midnight, flicked her ears forward as a feminine voice came dancing through the mist. It reverberated amongst the obnubilate vapors, making it hard for Reverie to discern the exact location of its orchestrator. Her eyes became narrow, and the voice sounded once again, this time louder; fuller. 'Oh, come on then. Better two than one, if you can keep up.' A silhouette manifested before her, and Reverie became still; statuesque. She appeared to be talking to someone else.

"How 'bout three?" She egressed, somewhat rhetorically.

Unregistered
Huh. Well then, I thought, be gone with yourself, the same darn way every other dang horse I meet decides to do. I sigh at her seemingly unfamiliar glances at my wings. Not many meet pegisus mares strolling around the outskirts these days. At the mention of the beautiful unicorn being in perfect shape, I smiled. I hoped so. All that smart talk was just faking it. You wouldn't call me the planner-type. I just thought of last-minute things to make life easier. "You don't say" That sure seemed like my kind of talk.

Then comes the retort, or at least I take it that way: "That's all very kind, but I'm quite capable of goring a stallion in the belly all by myself, thank you." Well alrighty then. She eventually moved off, then halted. Looked back. "Oh, come on then. Better two than one, if you can keep up." I don't have the slightest notion of what to do. Finally, I decide to go with her. I walk calmly up to her.

Lynx Posts: 73
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15 :: 5
Shoikan

Lynx
I may be a monster, but at least I know what I am.

Snow crunches under the slightly cloven hooves of a buckskin brute, pacing through the skeletal woods with a purposeful air, though in reality he has none. Hues of violet and indigo draw his gaze to the two mares, and he instantly finds he resents their dreamlike beauty. Three, he silently amends, spotting the snow-white pegasus, another beauty. Bitterness rises, threatening to choke him and drive him to his knees. It is the greatest temptation to turn away, leave the trio of grace behind and return to his self-enforced solitude. However, his golden coat has certainly been noticed by now, so bright against the white and brown-gray background that he could not hide even if he wished to. So reluctantly he approaches, though his slightly flattened ears telegraph displeasure.

Even under the best of circumstances, the stallion would have been plain. A dark pelt of aurate, accentuated by deep brown banners and black stockings are nothing to look at, nor are his honey brown eyes captivating. The only truly noticeable thing about the stag is his curse. The smooth black horn that should stand proudly has been warped into an unnatural shape, curving down over the left side of his face and entering into his cheek. The place it has pierced through is surrounded by thick white scar tissue that extends over far more area than strictly necessary. Then, to add an even more grotesque touch, the spear punctured through the roof of his mouth and hangs cruelly between his lips in the mockery of a fang. He is well aware of how thoroughly the deformity mars his appearance, and many consider the beast a monster. Such harsh treatment has resulted in an ill-tempered isolationist, though every now and then he has been known to seek out company.

Silence is the only greeting he offers, the only one he can offer though he doubts that the faes will decipher this fact. He knows that among such ladies his disfigurement is even more prominent, and curses mentally at fate for leading him into their path. Yet had he attempted to slip away unnoticed, of course one would have been interested enough to call out after him, perhaps even pursue his fleeing form, and so in his mind it is the lesser of two evils to come to the group of his own accord. Tail swishes in agitation as he waits, certain that the ridicule will soon come and he will be allowed to leave. Or, if they are desperate enough to ask him about a land to reside in, he will lead them to the desert he calls home and then go his own way once again.

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR

Don't want to let you down, But I am hell bound..

My heart beat with the slow throb of loss, a loss for what, I wasn’t sure, but it was loss all the same. Each stride brought an empty reminder of where I was going but had not yet been and I was helpless to the carnage of such an emotion and yet, I was once again wholly entranced by the serenity of the Threshold. It seemed that here, new beginnings were made and while I had already been gifted with such a blessing, I found that comfort was inevitable here. Every creature in Helovia found purpose within these lands and I thought that if such revolutions existed from such a place, perhaps I would be able to find refuge here as well, even though I had already been given a name for myself. However, names were never enough. I had been so focused on what I had wanted to become that I had gotten lost in the process of actually working to achieve my entitlements. At one time, I had wanted to throw myself into the throngs of warriors that stripped the lands of vulnerability and yet, I had no real desire for the taste of iron blood upon my tongue.

Healing was my forte, even if I had yet to pursue the thought. At times I felt weak because I had chosen not to offer my body and soul to The World’s Edge in the event of siege, but I knew that I would bear my heart and soul for those wounded and in need of my remedies. As I entered the Threshold once more, I couldn’t help but think of Adura, the fragile mare who had been so intent on death when I had come upon her in these very grounds. She was like a fallen angel, precious and yet so damaged that Hell would have given anything to rip the wings from her very back. The image brought a small shiver to my skin that had radiated from within and not so much from the cold. It had been such a rough winter that I dreaded the heat of the approaching summer, so fierce upon my back. I shuffled the scant appendages upon my spine, only nearly aware of their lack of stability in the aiding of my warmth. How I longed for the fullest of feathers to sprawl heftily along my back and flanks. They would forever mark my deficiencies, despite my constant attempts to ignore them.

The cool air borne fiery crystals from the misted veil of my breath and it was almost magical to watch them float and swirl once more to the ground where all things died. Such beauty would always be lost to the hardened seat of the devil’s roof and with this, I moved above him, cursing him in vain for all things that I did not know. However, my raving was soon ceased in favor for the delights of company that was not entirely unwanted. There were three, as all lucky combinations came, but I was still weary, seeing as I was clearly the “odd man out”, quietly literally. Each in turn were beautifully sketched in such varying manors that I was unsure what to think of the queer trio. The first was painted in a lavender tint that was all too pleasing to the eye and I was helpless to look away due to the strange coloring, as I had never seen such a brightly hued creature, Avira aside. The second was painted like Torasin, the World Edge Sun Advocate. However, unlike my newly acquired confidant, this mare was speckled in twilight, the moon’s face filling in the blanks where old galaxies ended and new ones began.

The last of the trio was frosted in ice, amiable to the elements that blended her so perfectly into their frigid arms. I am not unknowingly throwing myself into the gauntlet, but I offer words of warm graces, not of cool arrogance as many before me. Such a defining factor it is sometimes, between the good and the bad, the light and dark, and perhaps I would be seen as such; light and ultimately ignorant, but there are more dark secrets that lurk behind such benevolent eyes should one so desire to acquaint themselves. “And where are we going?” I offer with a chuckle, obviously bemused by the current conversation before recognizing another mahogany beast lurking in the shadows. He is silent and utterly affixed in our presence and I do not shy away at his advance. Instead, I nod as graciously as one could in such an event. I find that all males come here in purpose of finding new interests and I do not deny the same, but I do not wish to indulge in the banter of power hungry moguls and should such occur, I would merely take leave. At times we must take up arms, but in others, we must lay our pride to rest.

[W/C: 827]
[Ooc: I'm sorry Lynx, I started writing this before you posted so I hope you don't mind how I wrote him in. X.x]

Hidden Account

Her father thrived in solitude.
Yseulte decayed.
Wilted, like a flower deprived of sunbeams.

And yet, Yseulte had never needed anyone else in her life but her father. While other foals played in the meadow, chasing minnows in the shallow pond, Yseulte would settle by Zjarri's side (never touching, for his skin burned like the sun on a smoldering summer day) beneath the willow trees and dream empty dreams. When dusk arrived on the horizon, sweet and cool, they would stir and wake. Mostly, they would simply count the stars. Silent and still as the stars overhead. Other times, on better days when he didn't hurt so much, Zjarri would teach her the web of constellations lacing across the sky like bright pearls. Pegasus here, the Lion there, and her favorite, the Never star.

The star that never moves.

It was her mother's star, he told her. Because her mother had been the only constant in his life. His rock. His guide. His light.

A sweet story, to be sure. But Zjarri never spoke of her mother again, and Yseulte learned to never ask.

The Never star.

Snowflakes drifted from the boughs over head, settling on her back and melting on her vapor breath. It was an uncomfortable sort of companionship, Yseulte thought, but she found she didn't mind so much. There had been a moment's hesitation, a fleeting silence, before the winged-mare complied and crunched through the snow after her. Yseulte smiled to herself. There were no words needed, between the two of them. But that might have been due to the fact Yseulte had no intentions of making small-chat, and the stranger probably had enough sense to keep her trap shut.

Yseulte twitched her ears in vague annoyance when a voice rang through the winter silence. A stranger, another winged-mare, emerged from the swirling fog. Two glittering amber jewels for eyes glowed brightly against the faded winter woods. And suddenly, there were stars. Bright and cold and beautiful.

Ice gripped her heart; it was suddenly very painful to draw breath, as if shards of glass were rattling around in her lungs. The memories left a bittersweet stain in her thoughts.

"The more the merrier," Yseulte said at last (although without much conviction in her voice), regaining some sense of reality and looking away from the constellations traced across the mare's night-like skin.

It's no wonder Yseulte never excelled at the very specific art of friend-making. Generally speaking, polite, chivalrous conversation was required in order to establish positive relationships. Now, offending people, well, that's a very different story. She was her father's daughter, after all.

After the third interruption, Yseulte gave up all hopes of clearing the woodlands before nightfall. Her penetrating gaze fixed on a winged bay figure—an impressively tall figure. His brown skin was the color of course tree bark dusted with snowfall, and his eyes were even darker.

Yseulte glanced at the two mares at her side. She briefly wondered what the pale mare thought of their newest companion, for the white pegasus had previously hinted her contempt the opposite sex. Yseulte had no quarrels with stallions—only with silly boys who thought themselves men.

Yseulte snorted softly at his light-hearted comment. "In circles," she replied dryly, though from her bland expression, it could be assumed she wasn't as amused by their marching colorful parade as he. Woodlands were foreign and unfamiliar to Yseulte, who was accustomed to wide, spacious grounds that stretched on until even the boundary between earth and sky blurred. "And at this rate, no where."

The fourth was a mere presence lingering on the sidelines; a shadow. An afterthought. She noticed him then, not because of the strangeness of his face, but because he seemed familiar to her in a way these other three strangers never would. She felt naked compared to these winged creatures; barren like the winter trees around them threading into the gray sky like bleached bones. They were one and the same, this stranger and she.

Beauty and the beast.

Her only greeting to the golden bystander was her unwavering eye contact, before glancing at each member of their little circus. They were a strange company, to be sure.

"As much fun as follow the leader is, I say we play another game."

yseulte,

image credits

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

"Does such a colorful group wander aimlessly? Or do any of you seek some purpose?" Deep chords emanated from the chest of the golden brute which emerged through the trees. His muscled frame strode tall towards the cluster of multi-hued strangers, his noble face holding some mysterious pull. He wasn't often one to be too dark or alluring purposefully, but then he didn't always search the Threshold so carefully, either. He did not look for untied bodies to fill his herd, not like so many others did. He looked with quiet skepticism, waiting for the right soul to present his or herself for the job.

The gathering of species was undoubtedly an odd one. His eyes went first to the horned lavender fae, who seemed to radiate femininity and loveliness. Her coloring was sharp on his gold eyes, not a hue that often painted pelts. There was another lady, winged as he, but with a coat like twilight and clouded with ivory. Both females were stunning, if only for their exotic looks, and one could only wonder what they held in those pretty heads. The third girl was a blank white pegasi, though she was no less pretty, if a bit more plain.
The familiar face of Lynx also stood within the group, and upon seeing him, the palomino nodded a silent greeting. The buckskin had been accepted into the Throat not long ago, and he was glad to see the fellow already out trying to bring in new recruits. It was an especially admirable feat for one without speech. White lined pools flicked to the other stallion in the midst at last. His wings were the most interesting feature, much too scrawny to be too useful in carrying such a tall stag. He would have looked upon the unknown stallion with sympathy if he didn't seem capable of taking care of himself just as well.

Feathered limbs slowed at the side of his quiet herd-mate, cream locks falling to rest along his nape and in long tendrils across his face. With a warm smile, he looked from Lynx to the group. "Welcome to Helovia. I am Leander, and this is my friend, Lynx. We hail from the Dragon's Throat herd."

[ooc: Shoikan, I wrote this assuming Leander had learned Lynx's name back in the Throat already. If you would rather he still not know Lynx's name, just let me know and I'll change it ;) ]

Unregistered
Another. And another. And, finally, another. My kind. I smirk, already forming my words in my creative mind. "Why, hello." Then I decide to take the stallions for a bit of a test. "Hi. I assume you two must be from the Throat?" I spread my thick, feathery white wings, and shake the frost off of them, as I must do now and then, for my wings don't circulate much heat. Let's see how this goes. Might find myself a new home. I remember my old home. Or at least the one that raised me. It was not the most enticing place, although it was packed full of sprinting room. I call back the memories of racing my other friends. This place was not the most organized, so we had unicorns, pegisus, hybrids, and a few plain excess wild horses. It was how we were. At first, they struggled to keep me alive without any of my mother's milk. Then, I became strong, tough. I could race any foal or grown mare or stallion. I would win.

I wince at the thought of the comfort, and can't believe myself, being here. There were matured ones, too. Why was I not there with them, raising the outcroppings of various herds? I will never have time to dwell on that. As you can see, I am not the most concentrated of the gang. Now, my vision comes to the present and I notice the others again, startling myself. Then comes the new stallion, sand gold, black wings and points. But all of this is only in a glance, for, like always, my inky orbs focus on his. Like the sun. Stunning. Then comes the sound from his strong-looking chest that makes up words: "Welcome to Helovia. I am Leander, and this is my friend, Lynx. We hail from the Dragon's Throat herd."

I take a moment longer to ponder over wether or not to question him. Yes. "Do you need a recruit?" I hope that my conversing with my own kind offends the flaxen-maned unicorn. Well, you get the point. I can be confusing. One minute, saying any brute may leave me with quite a purpose never to come again, next, canvassing with a few as if I were perfectly comfortable. I really am not, just a bit on guard. There is always a method to my madness.

Hidden Account
Shoikan

Lynx

Another joins their growing group, a deep bay stag with too-small wings. The stallion earns little more than a cursory examination, eyes running over the draft steed analytically before determining that he has not come for a fight. He feels a twinge of empathy for the pegasus, knowing all too well what it is like to bear a malformed adornment. He seems to be capable though, and not overly bothered by his shrunken appendages, and so Lynx dismisses any thoughts of pity that may try to wind their way into his mind. He doubts the sentiment would be appreciated anyway.

The lavender mare who seems to be the one in charge snorts, clearly not overly pleased at being surrounded by so many others. He understands the feeling, and her wry wit matches his own attitude at the gathering of more horses than he has encountered in all his time in Helovia. Not that he’s been here long, he thinks, but still. What could possibly lure this many out into the cold woods, leading them to tromp about in search of any other lifeforms that will accept their presence?

As if conjured, another stallion strides over, though the sooty figure is familiar to the buckskin. Leander nods a greeting, and comes to stand at his side. Lynx returns the gesture, dipping his head respectfully. The dark-winged stag introduces both himself and the speechless one, an act for which Lynx is grateful. Having someone here who is already aware of his silent condition will make things move much faster.

The pure-hued girl speaks boldly, asking if the Throat is searching for another member. He doubts that the herd will turn down any pegasi in need of a home, but rather than offer a nod or shaking of his head, he decides to allow Leander to respond to the question. After all, the buckskin is new and does not seek to appear arrogant, deciding who may or may not join. Yes, best to allow the dark-tipped palomino to answer.

Optics notice the star-painted lady retreating, but he does draw the attention of another to her, nor attempt to follow. It is her own choice to leave the bunch, and he can understand why she wishes to. He is not particularly comfortable in the midst of the crowd either, yet duty keeps him from departing. There are still two potential new herd members here, and he refuses to just walk away now and leave everything to Leander. He knows that the soldier is capable of handling things alone, but why should he have to when he could have Lynx’s help and support?

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

I was not ready to embrace yet another guest to the party and my skin bristled at the appearance of Leander, as he called himself. My gaze had hardened at the thought of losing Ysuelte to the Throat, as selfish as my actions were. I had felt quite comfortable in the presence of Lynx, whom had been introduced by the pale titan, which confused me slightly. However, I hadn’t the heart to inquire why. From the looks of it, Lynx suffered from an ailment of the appearance as well as I, but we all must deal with the hand we are given and I was sure that he felt the same. The two stallions were entirely separate entities and yet Leander acted as if they were one. Part of me wanted to figure out why, while the other, just really didn’t care.

After such a notion, my irritation was only encroached upon by the ivory mare, who had mistaken my identity for one of the Throat advocates. I was in no position to correct her and simply let the mistake stand as it were; I had no offer for such an ignorant animal should she blindly ignore my introductions. How this day was suddenly becoming so… irritating, for lack of a better term. “Leander, I assume all is well in the Throat?” This was said dryly due to my current state of annoyance, though I tried to save the courtesy by allowing him a curious glance, if not semi-sentimental.

At this, I turn again to assess my crew, which has decreased by one and while I question her departure, I say nothing to convince her to stay. I had yet to learn of even a name by which to call upon her and so I gaze at her midnight figure until she becomes lost among the trees in the fading light. Once again I return to conversation, dreading the drawn out process of waiting for exchange and reply. But once silence had fallen and I had gained the stage, I jumped on the opportunity to appeal to the Lavender mare. “I come from the World’s Edge, as aforementioned if you would like to visit sometime in the near future, or if I should be so bold, I could offer you shelter for the night.

I did not say more and did not expect much, but as the light began to fade, I was faced with the option to remain with the small band of creatures or return to the Edge for the night as my eyes had grown weary. I felt that each homeland displayed different meaning and different heart for reasons that could not be expressed in a few lines and words that were shared with passionate honor. Should she wish to accompany me, I would be delighted and if not, I would simply wander the long road home alone.

[OOC: Sorry, I wanted to get this up before work this weekend. <3]

Hidden Account

The stars faded into the trees.

Sometimes, when the stars were brightest in the sky, guilt consumed her and drowned her in an ocean of golden blood that she had spilled.

Yseulte watched the mare go, her bright eyes tracing the constellations laced across the stranger's back. Her heart felt swollen with an emotion she hated above all else: guilt. But not due to the mare's sudden departure. In fact, Yseulte silently commended the starry wanderer because the woman had the right idea. Yseulte was sorely tempted to play hooky as well.

The white pegasus spoke, greeting the menfolk and asking if they came from the throat. What sort of throat? Like a giant cow had regurgitated them or something? The bizarre word choice jolted Yseulte back to the present. The star-mare was gone, but the golden stain still lingered on her soul like a devouring, toxic acid.

Another stallion strode from the trees, a golden pegasus with equally bright golden eyes and prominent eye markings. Yseulte shifted impatiently, feeling restless and uncomfortable in such an enclosed space. She considered his question briefly, mulling it over and savoring it like sweet apple juice. The answer tasted bittersweet on her tongue. She wandered, not aimlessly, but without purpose. It was a sorry existence, really, but she was not so very different from her father, after all.

Leander and Lynx, the men who come from the Dragon's Throat herd and not a cow's throat. Names to two faces that will fade from her memory, and a place she may or may not see someday.

Helovia. Home.

The white pegasus pounced immediately, announcing an obvious intention to join the two back to their homeland. Yseulte's lip twitched in amusement—so much for offering a "remedy to the loneliness of traveling alone".

The tall bay stallion, who called his home World's Edge, seemed irritated by the arrival of the golden Leander, but Lynx seemed comforted. The stallion remained silent and still as ever, his eyes bright with wary intelligence. He offered her shelter for the night then, the bay pegasus. Inwardly, she smiled, and made her decision.

"One for you," she said to the Dragon's Throat boys, nodding her seashell horn towards the white pegasus. "And one for me. Everyone goes home happy." She nodded her good-byes to the Dragon's Throat residents, and then tilted her head briefly to the bay stallion, hiding a devilish grin. "Now, if you could be so bold..." she said smoothly, imitating his polite courtesy and motioning for him to take the lead.

What would her father say if he could see her now, taking a pegasus home.

ooc: yay! would you like to post in world's edge for me then, linds? c:

yseulte,

image credits

Unregistered
I had been standing, thinking, waiting, and watching with dark inky eyes for a long time. Unknown most likely to any other, for I have such a frost-colored pelt, it is blanketed thickly with icey snow. Now that I come back to the world around me, I realize I am shivering. I shake my whole body, splattering frost everywhere. Then I lift my wings, giving the ground around me a chance to replenish in it's hoard of the white stuff. Then I allow my lead-like orbs to question the pegisi brutes.

I had wanted for a long time to find a home, although I wandered enough. My first couple of homes had not been very enticing, although they were homes. Then they escaped my dreadful life and shoved me into the harsh days of exploration as if I were a small bug. Maybe sometimes I act like one. Can you ever be sure unless someone tells you? I change my mind quite often. Does that count as annoying? Although I might be confusing, others can be too.

Then the lavender, horned mare speaks. She obviously wants me to leave with the two of my kind. To be honest, so do I. Then she turns her attention to her kind. So she is interested in going to find a place to reside, too, is she? Well, I decide, we can just go our seperate ways and probably forget each other. Both happy. So, are the pegisi gonna reply or not? I ponder over this to take over my time. I do this often, pondering, thinking, wondering, just to take my time. It usually swallows me up like a giant blob, and I become incoherent to the world around me.

Hidden Account
Shoikan

Lynx

A brief exchange of words, then the bay pegasus and lovely unicorn leave together. Lynx tastes the bitter ashes of disappointment, but does not allow any such emotion to show on his scarred face. The snow maiden that remained was undeniably lovely, but she seemed too impulsive, too wild. True, the Throat was a welcoming herd, but did they really have need of one who may not be controllable? Perhaps he was simply judging her too harshly, taking eagerness for a home as impetuousness. It is for Leander to decide whether or not to bring the white girl home with them, not him. In truth, he doesn’t really have much of a role here now, other than a silent watcher. It was a part he excelled at playing, though not from choice.

With nothing more than the slightest of nods, he turns away, departing through the trees. Shatter could follow, should she wish to and if Leander would allow it. If not, then he would simply have to return to the Throat with nothing to show for his outing. That was the way of things, he had learned. Sometimes one would win, other times lose.

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

The Edge-scented boy's bland voice met the air, and Leander wondered why one of the lucky Qian would seem irked at such a time. They had, after all, gotten their victory against Mauja and his group, with the help of their loyal allies. Still, the stallion did not have anything rude to say of the Throat, and for that he was even luckier. The sooty brute had no intentions of hearing anymore slander in the Threshold, be it from the Foothills or otherwise.

"All is certainly well in the Throat, friend. I hope everything fares well for you and your kin in the Edge." Gold eyes gleamed warmly, despite the other stag's indifferent aura. He himself had shed blood for the Qian's cause, and had no qualms with them, even if their members could be a bit dry. He barely had time to regard the leaving mare before the ivory one spoke up, addressing both he and Lynx. Boldly, the girl managed to surprise him! It was not every day that a newcomer would ask of recruitment themselves. With a breif chuckle, Leander nodded to the lady. "Yes, miss. We accept any into the Throat who seek a home, and who are of good heart and mind. You are more than welcome to accompany Lynx and I back to the South, if you desire." Besides the hint of mirth still lingering in his gaze, joy was plain across his features. It was nice to see someone playing a hand in picking their own path, rather than waiting idly for herds to bicker over them.

The violet mare piped up, her attempt at wit ignored by the golden. Hopefully the girl really wasn't daft enough to decide upon a herd so haphazardly. Then again, such a short-spanned mare would not be of much use to any herd. Flaxen locks fell about his face as he looked to the dainty purple unicorn. "I wish you good luck in the Edge. Give my regards to the lady Mirage." With that, the stallion turned his attention back to Lynx and the snowy doe. "If you're both ready," He glanced to them both with a smile before starting off towards the Throat, ready to leave the Threshold behind for a while.

[ooc: Pegicorn, Shatter will be automatically accepted into the Throat, but if you'd like to put up an introductory thread for her in the Throat, I can post with Leander. You can go ahead and post in the rank updates for her, and seek a specific position for her in the Throat if you like ;)]