the Rift

Conversations in the Mists

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

The takeover of the World’s Edge herd had been strangely swift. The dark little mare who now held the title of WeyrLeader walked through the mystical mists of the lands, curious, cautious, careful and with an air or awe and wonderment at all the new unknowns she would learn. The ranks she had designed fitted the lands well, she felt they represented the ideals of the Qian and displayed a healthy, balanced realm. Finding occupants for the various titles would prove tricky, of course, but there was an unexpected occupant already hosting one such title.

The rank of Seer was one that Mirage knew very little about; but upon learning of it, she thought that her sister would be well suited to it. Being a student of the Moon Goddess herself, Rishima was the ideal candidate for it. Alas, the rank had already been filled, and as such, Mirage was seeking out Hellena, the current Seer, to see what this wise, misty old unicorn could offer. Would she accept her leadership of the lands she had called home for so long? Or would she turn against the one who had chased out her previous herd? Would she lend her powers of reading the future to Mirage, to benefit the lands?

In the thickest area of the mists, a gentle summon rose from the throat of the dark mare who was called the land’s Queen. “Hellena, I request your presence.”

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

It is curious, the way everything changes around me, and yet nothing ever truly changes. My life is lived in simplicity; the World’s Edge is my home, the Goddess of the Moon my sovereign ruler, the mists of the lands my comfort and within my magical grasps. I see the mistress who walks towards me before she has even arrived, her the mists reveal her shape to me, her magic, her very core ideals and the passion that drives her to me. My violent, dark eyes see these images with clear understanding; I see the newest Leader of these lands, seeking me out.

They always did seek me out, often with demands of knowing how their reign over my lands would pan out, how long would they rule for, how would they eventually fall from their perch of leadership. But this mare, was different, she strove for greatness and yet seemed surprised when it came to her, she held the heart of a dragon within her, and yet rarely acknowledged her own strength. I admired her, but still I was not pulled toward her; my loyalty laid with my lands, the beautiful World’s Edge.

I approach her, my delicate tiara inclining as the mists part to reveal my stance. Without hiding my inquisitiveness, I drink her form greedily, noting the similarities and differences we shared in physique, and perhaps, something more. She is as dark as I am light, and yet we stand here together, united by our love for the Lady Moon, and the lands she has blessed us with.

“Mirage.” I speak, and as I do so, the mists seem to swirl and dance about us. It is as if they are orchestrated by my voice, but I promise you, it is something even more than that. They are a part of me, my rank as Seer has been a lifelong dream, something so ingrained to my soul that without it; I would surely die. And my life’s spark will now be departing so soon, not even when the wretched Sun Lord insults us within our very trees. My small, svelte ears stand tall atop my poll, and with my clear, violet eyes focussed upon her own piercing amber pools, I await the purpose of this meeting to be revealed.

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

A pause in steps, and the little shadow mare awaits the one whom she is not even sure will arrive. It is then that the golden eyes pierce the mists, and she knows not what compels the magical veils to part and reveal the small clearing they now stand upon. It was as if the pale mare before her was transported by the mists themselves – she wondered even, if that was what had actually happened. Had this enigmatic mare orchestrated the very mists about her? Do they bend and mold themselves to her every whim? With each passing moment, the WeyrLeader found a new question to ask. She longed to know more, to unveil all the secrets of these lands, both for the past, present and the future.

But Mirage had not gotten to where she was by demanding answers, by listening to her every longing thirst for knowledge; the devious little mare knew when to ask questions, and when to simply observe and learn firsthand, for herself. And so, when the Seer arrived and spoke her name, Mirage nodded her tiara, confirming her identity – she could hardly deny it to a seer after all, this pale unicorn probably knew more about Mirage than the dark mare cared to admit to her closest friends.

“Thank you for coming.” Purring tones spoke the words with an honest gratitude, her accent speaking of the leagues of lands she had travelled, of the lands which had birthed her. Though their differences were many, she had an inkling that she and this mare were similar in many ways. Each devoted to the walk of the Moon, each striving to maintain a balance in this tumultuous realm called Helovia. Of course, Mirage could very well be wrong – she knew nothing of this mare, only what was given to her in the last handful of moments – but there was a quiet determination she recognised about Hellena.

“Do you accept my rule?” There was little point in asking after the wellbeing of the mare; she was obviously well enough to be standing here before her. It wasn’t that Mirage did not care, it was more a hope, a faith that Hellena would inform her if something was no right. No, Mirage had asked for the mare’s company ultimately to learn whether or not the Seer would work with her or against her. Ears pricked forward, hoping to capture any hint of a response.

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

The mists, they dance, roam, twist and turn, creating abstract, terrifying and yet comforting in their gentle embrace. They linger about me, like they have done all my life, and now I see that they also linger about the new leader of this moonlit land. My eyes are unwavering in their hard stare, penetrating the mists and gripping onto her own golden gaze with a fierce resolve. I see the thoughts churning in her head, I see how she watches me – how she understands me.

Something softens the harsh, marble-like façade that I had crafted to hide my true feelings. It is amusement, a quizzical, understanding, almost comradely amusement. She does not hesitate in her question, she did not waste time in small talk, or filling in the gaps of time with fluff, with nonsensical chatter.

“Just as the leader before you ruled the Edge with me as their Seer, and all those since my father, I will not oppose your rule.” Just as she did not hesitate, I did not, making it clear that as long as my position as Seer of these lands was not disputed, she would have my support. It wasn’t that I was heartless, that I cared little for other souls who might live within these lands too. I was not a leader, I could not rally the loyalty and love of followers, I was devoted to my land, to the celestial Goddess of the Moon, and while I could appreciate the company of a kindred spirit – it would take a very extraordinary individual to divert my attention off my path within the mists.

My façade glazes over then, I return to my distant, guarded self, shrouded in fog, mist and intrigue. My leonine tail swishes back and forth gently, further encouraging the mists to dance about us. A small, blurry smile curves my lips, and I tilt my horned crown towards this one who would be my leader.

“I will follow you Mirage, for as long as you are within the World’s Edge.”

And at that, I turn my pale, petite form around, and allow the mists to swallow me up. Never fear, Dragonhearted One, I shall arrive to your next call, before you even need to make it.