the Rift

I See Myself in You [Ktulu]

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

Ktulu.

Lakota had a very strange feeling budding inside her like the leaves that emerged from warming branches in Birdsong. Violet eyes were troubled, but not in anxiety. Trying to figure out, instead, what was happening within her. All her life, from the moment her eyes had opened to greet the unforgiving grey of the sky, Lakota had been beaten down and broken. Sharp snapping of teeth that had blood surfacing from sooty hide keeping youth and smiles away. Painful thud of hoof on tiny body as mother and father both punished their eldest daughter for daring to play or extend a kind word.

Respect was not earned. Her parents had beaten her down until she only obeyed them simply because she was tired of pain. It had turned her bitter against many of her leaders. Band after band was deserted, the shadowy mare disappearing without a trace. None of these leaders could inspire her to fight. Could reach deep inside her and touch that spot that a leader must know so well in order to instill fire and drive in their subjects. Never had Lakota felt as though she should fight for her leader. Always doing things for her own gain. But Ktulu...

The mare was more blessed than she knew. Lakota's beautiful face twisted in pain as she remembered Hana, her own beautiful sister. So pure and gentle. The one who knew her better than she knew herself. Ophelia and Ktulu had this same bond, Lakota could see it as well as she could see her reflection in still water. Once you experienced that bond, you never forgot it. And never would she take it for granted again. Jealous, almost, she was of the shadowed leader. But Ktulu inspired something in Lakota. Brought forth a spirit she hadn't had in years. Made her want to stay, to actually fight for The Grey. To belong in this band of silky lies and assassins.

Ktulu made Lakota want to respect her. Not have to. And Lakota was bothered by this. She had never felt this before, and she bit her teeth against it. It drove her crazy to not know what something was. With barely any knowledge of this sturdy mare, Lakota already felt the need to kneel down before her, an exiled Princess, and swear her loyalty forevermore.

WE ONLY EXIST IN TERMS OF THIS CONFLICT
In the zone where black and white clash

Resurgere | Wroth

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
 Ktulu the Constrictor</style>

Twigs snapped, snow crunched, and Eytan grunted and growled as he ran through the forest ahead of his bonded. She had no worry that she would lose him, the destruction he left in his wake could lead even the blind to him. She only grew concerned when his noise would stop, but then he would start again and she would just sigh and shake her head.

The little cub burst from the trees and stumbled to a stop, his caramel eyes landing on one of the mares that had been at the meeting. He scurried toward her without a second thought, making a bee line for her swishing tail. Eytan rolled onto his back and began pawing at Lakota's tail innocently enough, his grunts and growls continuing and growing in excitement.

Moments later Ktulu stepped from the very spot that Eytan had appeared and halted with her gaze locked on the cub. He stopped and rolled to a sitting position and stared back at his bonded, blinked, then flopped back over to continue playing with the dark mare's tail. Ktulu sighed and shifted her bloody gaze to Lakota. "I apologize if he's bothering you." She said.

from adversity, heroes are born.</style>

Icon by Tay

Noise alerted her to the approach of something that was clearly not equine. Young, too, if it crashed with such wild abandon through the forest. It had not yet learned the ways of silence in order to survive. Royal purple eyes swept up to the tree line. Watching in silence as it approached. Bursting from the shadows came a dark brown bumbling shape, big black eyes looking up at her as he paused in his destructive path.

It was obvious that this was Eytan, Ktulu's bonded companion. She had seen him twice before and saw no harm from the bumbling fluffball. With less than his initial pause he charged right at her, and amusement trickled into her gaze. He was rather adorable. It was nice to see such innocence and play from him, reminding her so much of Hana. He rolled onto his back almost like he practice it, swatting at her tail with blackened paw pads. A tiny smile appeared on her maw, barely there. Swaying her ebony tail above him, flicking and twisting it for his amusement. Only moving her gaze from him when Ktulu spoke, slowly drawing her eyes away to meet her leader's. "Innocence and play is something to be nurtured. He's quite alright." Realizing she hardly had spoken to Ktulu, in the Threshold it had all been questions and answers, and the meeting was much more political. Not knowing what else to say, she turned her eyes back to Eytan, twirling her tail playfully for him. Such an amusing little sprite. Nostalgia crept upon her face before she could stop it and she sighed, a sound so full of sadness and mourning that even she noticed it.

Resurgere | Wroth

Ktulu nodded her head once in response to Lakota's statement. She agreed and that was the sole reason she did not stop him from playing when he began to play. Once he grew older and became more aware of the evils of the world there would be no time for play. The world would cease to be the magical place he saw it as. When he came of age his training would begin and instead of enjoying life and playing he would be fighting and taking life. It was a sad realization, but one she accepted.

Her bloody gaze rose from the bear cub to the mare that was entertaining him at the sound of her sigh. Normally Ktulu wouldn't ask, but she felt inclined to do so, seeing as how the mare had joined her band of outcasts. "Something is bothering you?" She would not force the other mare to answer. If she chose to say that it was nothing Ktulu would leave it at that. If there was an outpouring of emotions, which she doubted there would be, she would just stand there and weather the storm no matter how awkward it would make her feel.

Icon by Tay

Curt nod met her words and her leader's eyes slipped into thought. Violet optics turned to the bear once again as if a magnet had drawn her there. He would not be spared as easily as any other companion. He was bonded to Ktulu, who bore the notches of war and battle in her own metaphorical post. Lakota did as well. Hacking another mark as another partner met her hooves. Eytan could not afford to be innocent. Same went for Ktulu. It was a bit of a shame, and Lakota sent up a rate prayer that Hana, having ascended to take the throne as Princess, didn't have to suffer the same fate.

Both were forced from their thoughts and turned as one to find the eyes that watched them. Lakota was faintly surprised when she spoke, but it was a little flicker that quickly died in her purple gaze. A long moment passed while Lakota observed her. Ktulu seemed farthest from a gossiping wench. But Kota still had pride. "We all have our burdens to bear." And for a moment believed that she would leave it at that. Yet the memory of Ktulu's expression when Ophelia appeared came back and bit her in the ass with the teeth of envy and sadness. Alleo and Hana...how Kota loved them. "I have lost my siblings to a land spoiled by blood and ruled by dominating devils. I had a sister, Ktulu. Her name was Hana. And Alleo, my brother. I don't ask for your sympathy, we aren't the most emotionally in tune of this band. Envy is a sick creature. Seeing a bond so familiar to me is all that bothers me. I shall be fine soon enough. You are lucky to have the blessing of your sister by your side." Finding that she meant it.

Ktulu and Ophelia clearly had a close relationship. Kota wouldn't wish for them to ever be separated like her and her siblings. Face remaining impartial throughout her words. It was a fire in her belly to remember and speak of it, but she wouldn't lie to Ktulu. Words cold and honest. She wasn't looking for a shoulder to cry on. Only for Ktulu to see how similar they were, and how incredibly blessed she was to have that bond remain present. Were Hana and Alleo still alive? Or had they been killed too, like Ithrim? Lakota doubted it. They needed their Prince and Princess. Did they remain in that land after Kota left? So many unanswered questions. Little red ribbons searching for each other in the dark. Praying to connect and maybe fill what was left of her heart with their love.

Even with her monotone voice, Lakota feared that awkwardness would ensue. If it did she would spare Ktulu of having to suffer it.

Resurgere | Wroth

Ktulu understood, though not to the extent Lakota might have wanted her to because the cared not for her other siblings aside from Ophelia. They were of little importance to her because she did not know them and had not grown with them. Varath was a cheeky, arrogant colt whom she had wanted to grind into dirt beneath her hooves upon meeting him. She knew of Vadim only from what Ophelia had told her of him. They were blood, but they still mattered very little to her. They were sheltered and had not weathered any of the storms that Ktulu and Ophelia had. Perhaps that was what had drawn the two sisters so closely together. Being nearly crippled at birth, Ktulu had relied heavily on Ophelia when it came to walking. Even with escaping from Isilme she would not have made it had it not been for her sister.

But she knew what it was to lose her.

"My sister has not always been by my side." Ktulu replied. "The land we lived in before this one was torn apart by the spirits of the dead. Before that a mare, Nyra." She said the name with distaste. "Stole my sister from our family and held her captive because she wanted our home. She hurt my sister." It was only a small cut on the shoulder, but who knew what kind of mental damage Nyra had done before bringing Ophelia to the Tides as her shield. Then there was the time that Ophelia had disappeared and hidden herself away in the Steppe. It was one of the reasons Ktulu was always so relieved when she came back. There was a hidden fear that Ophelia wouldn't come back one day. That she would be lost forever. What would she do then?

Ktulu snorted and shook her head as if that alone would rid her of the fear of abandonment. "I know it's a blessing to have my sister." She said a few moments later. "I also know how quickly that blessing can be turned into a curse." She may have been young but she was no fool. "Don't doubt your sibling's strength. If they escaped they will find you."

Icon by Tay

Patience had never been a virtue that Lakota possessed. Sitting around and doing nothing drove her insane, but she didn't feel that way standing in the still forest before Ktulu. Processing what she said as she spoke. Hana and Alleo had never been taken from her until her exile, and though in her jealousy she had assumed some about the sisters, Lakota didn't regret it. "Seems I never did learn the rule of assumption from my mother." Wry smile taking up sooty lips, the only way she would hint at an admittance to being wrong.

Face stiffened at Ktulu's insistence to believe in her siblings. How could she? Why would her siblings ever follow after her? She was nothing to be desired, and she doubted that they would leave their life for her. Perhaps her mother was gone now and they led a peaceful life. Chest hurt at these thoughts and she momentarily struggled with the emotions brought up. At last nodding her head. "At times I doubt they would wish to find me." Finally beating her emotions back down into the tiny chest she held inside her. Voice refusing to waver or betray the agony shed experienced imagining her siblings contentedly leading their lives without caring about their exiled sister.

Violet eyes turned back to Ktulu. "Thank you." Saying it quietly and a tad awkwardly. Lakota rarely thanked people and felt rather strange now but Ktulu deserved it. Even if she had to go through some talkative bouts like this one, Kota wouldn't mind. It was worth it to finally feel like she had a place to return to. Perhaps she would actually stay here.

[[ooc: okay she is being so awkwardly out of character :| so this post is probably suckish]]

Resurgere | Wroth

Ktulu understood very little of what Lakota's relationship with her siblings was. If they felt about her the way she felt about Ophelia then they would stop at nothing to be reunited with their sister. If they felt the way she did about Varath, however, then they wouldn't care about what happened to their sister. They wouldn't even fight to protect their sister if it came to that. It was a shame for her to feel that way about her brother, but there was nothing that had changed her opinion of him since she had met him in the Threshold.

"If they care they will find you." She finally said, finding it odd to try and comfort someone that wasn't her son or her sister. Her gaze met Lakota's as the older mare turned toward her. She nodded when the blue roan thanked her then shifted her gaze to Eytan, who was still batting at Lakota's tail.

"It is hard to believe in someone else." She finally said. "And even harder when you do and they let you down." Her weight shifted and she finally looked toward the roan again. "But a life without belief and trust is not a life worth living."

Icon by Tay

As talk diminished and thought took place, Lakota slowly regained whatever had made her so talkative and open. It was completely the opposite of how she normally was, and she was rather annoyed and unnerved by the fact she had somehow decided to blurt all of it out to Ktulu. It was like watching two sociopaths trying to joke. A complete, clueless bumbling between two individuals.

Merely nodding, though her cold face betrayed a respect for Ktulu at least trying to comfort her. Eytan pawed at her ebony locks, and reminded of his presence she twirled it around in a little spiral for him. It was rather adorable. For a moment she wondered at the bond between them, but knew it was too personal to ask. If she ever discovered it herself, then she would know. It was so strange to realize that Lakota was older than Ktulu, it was obvious. Perhaps not at first, as Ktulu was much more mature and dark than most her age. How she had garnered Lakota's rarely given respect and allegiance was beyond her, and something to be investigated in the depths of her own mind.

Grinning a twisted, tiny grin when Ktulu spoke once again. "You are much too wise for your age, Ktulu." There was nothing else for her to say to that, and really didn't know what else to say anyways. Violet eyes meet rubies, wondering why the world had to be so cruel to turn one so young into a damsel of the dead. Lakota could not say any better about herself, taking pleasure in poisoning the bloodstream of others. Either way there was no turning back the clock, and they were stuck as they were now.

Resurgere | Wroth