the Rift

Figures in the Mist [ Adura, Thor ]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
Was it the mists of the land that whispered to her? Or the faithful shadows whom had been her company since the dark, moonlit night that she was born? The dark mare stood within the heart of her lands, allowing the foggy air to wash over her. The discussion she had with Hellena had settled some thing in her mind; she had found a comfort in the words of the seer, despite learning nothing more than a passive acceptance of her leadership. It was pleasant, at the very least, to finally meet a being whose loyalties were firmly entrenched in the lore of the lands, one who was not swayed by influences of the outside. It was interesting, then, to observe that the mare would not defend her home against intruders, even if it risked her losing her title - but then, the title of Seer was one a Leader only had partial influence over. The Lady Luna, Goddess of the Moon, was the one whom made the final call there, and it was obviously a fitting choice; Mirage was foolish to ever doubt that her beloved Goddess would choose one to fill such a prestigious rank on a mere whim.

As the mare settled into her thoughts, she reflected upon the curious trails of the mists before her, wondering what it was they were trying to tell her. She was no Seer herself, she could not read them with the expertise of Hellena, rather, she relied on a sense of niggling unease to inform her that something was different. With this sensation directing her, the little shadow mare travelled about her lands, wondering what it was that was guiding her. A new member, perhaps? A new lost soul, seeking a place to rest their bones, a land to call their home, to serve, to nurture and protect others? It wasn't completely unheard of; Mirage herself had been that way not even a year ago. The mare paused her steps again, and in an unusual display, she let loose a gentle, curious song to the mists, carrying her enquiry through the foggy atmosphere, requesting the presence of the cause of her niggling sensation.

sxc.hu

Adura Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Adura
Erased, everything within you will feel erased now...

Mist has become a refuge to the fragile fae, softly enveloping her slight bodice and allowing her to disappear into an indistinct world of shifting grays and white. More importantly, when she lets her mind wander and simply gazes into the constantly changing fog, she can forget her past. It is comforting, to disappear into a swirling ether and cease to remember anything, even her own identity. Reality is cruel, clawing and raging whenever she chooses to acknowledge it, and so she avoids such a harsh thing. Ignoring life will not make it go away, but it does provide temporary comfort, and so she embraces the delusion.

A sudden, unexpected sound pulls her from this disconnected state of contentment. The call was soft, a request rather than a demand, but Adura is not pleased with the way it has shattered her trance. She had almost managed to erase herself, to dissolve into the uncaring vapor that surrounded this new land that perhaps she would be allowed to call home. Vague annoyance shifts to resignation, and the snow-hued unicorn reluctantly follows the song back to the one who had created it.

A dark figure become visible, and as always, her heart leaps at the thought she may find a black-winged angel awaiting her. Of course, it takes only a second for her hopes to crash, for the shape is recognizable as distinctly horselike. She steps closer, and an amulet that produces a soft glow catches her attention, drawing her in with faint rainbow colors. It is beautiful, and her mind again detaches itself from reality to float in a suspended state of fascination. It is so easy for the broken lady to fade, yet so easy to call her back again. For now, though, blue and gold eyes gaze upon the pendant, unfocused stare giving away the fact that her consciousness is shifting into something close to nonexistence.

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

It was a cool feeling that passed hesitantly through my body before it started to spiral out of control. My knees clenched and buckled before it dissipated entirely. I wasn’t sure what had brought the strange sensation about, but I chose to ignore it and continue on into the Edge. It was peaceful there as I amused myself with counting low hanging branches. One, two, three, stop. The snow had taken its toll on the land and had coated everything in a wintry white plaster and it crunched lightly beneath my heels. It was sheer bliss to walk upon these grounds and feel as if they meant something to me as “home” was not often a term that I spoke of in honorable tunes. However, the more I came and went, the more I felt my heart squeeze with relief upon my every return. I was gradually finding what it felt like to belong and it made me feel alive.

Since I’d last seen Adura, I had pondered her recovery. I had promised my everlasting assistance should she need but she hadn’t called upon me to indulge in such an offer and I was not offended by any means. In fact, I had spent a lot of time roaming the lands of Helovia, meeting and greeting at my heart’s desire. I can’t say that these social conventions were altogether inspiring but some proved helpful. Torasin was certainly among those that I would like to revisit another day, if in fact he desired the same. I felt as if I could confide in him in many ways, if not all. However, I wasn’t sure about that, as we had yet to touch base on anything other than trades and my aspirations to become a newfound healer.

When I came across the two mares, I was quote pleased for a multitude of reasons. One being that Adura looked to be in better health and that brought a soft smile to my dry lips. I had also yet to see Mirage since her offer to guide me to The Edge when my days had appeared so bleak. If only she knew how much she had done for me. I felt as if I were a whole new creature, building confidence at the core of all my insecurities. I did not hesitate to approach and a small sound of excitement tread the air, as I could not hold it back any longer. “I find you two are well then, it’s so nice to see you.” I gave both ladies an approaching nod as they had finally come to meet one another, or so it seemed. I wasn’t sure at which point I had entered the conversation, but I was hoping that it was going well.

[W/C: 461]
[OOC: I'm sorry this post is poopy, I wanted to get a reply up FAST! <3]