the Rift

Baby, You're Gorgeous! [Phaedra]

Tolio Posts: 110
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3hh :: 6 Years 8 Months Buff: NOVICE
Brit

Nutmeg hooves struck and pawed at the sand that coated the stretch of choppy grey blue waters. Particles of the coarse ground sprayed up around him as white painted nose lowered towards the earth. A sigh escaped the stallion and hocks were stung as his long cinnamon tail snapped behind him. Boredom had never been more tangible for the effeminate male, and sad almost pouty mercury eyes gazed out over the whistling sands. Harsh grass that grew despite the fierce season sprung up determinedly within the rolling hills of nude colored beach.

Huffing and tossing his mane, jagged blazed face raised itself once again, ivory horn pointed high and straight. Trudging forward once again with an almost petulant slinking form. The air was cold, but not nearly as cold as the water that surrounded the area his band occupied. It was-dare he say- pleasant compared to the harsh place. Even in the warmer months the Frostbreath Steppe was ferocious in its freezing temperatures. Now, with the Sun God banished and winter taking the reins gleefully, it was almost unbearable. Yet they weathered on. But Tolio was tired of being the warrior, and switched over to his other side. It was nice to be serious and strong, but he wanted to be carefree today. Just one day, he told himself.

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud

Phaedra glided over head, enjoying the marginally warmer air currents that streamed above the water. The cold sun glinted off her sooty-golden coat, as she drifted high above Tolio. Phae's large tawny wings carried her lithe form easily, as she cruised the open air. Banking slightly, Phaedra began to return to shore, fearing to stay above open waters for too long. She was far too tired, should the need arise to flee, to do so over a vast stretch of water. Land was much safer, for the time being. Slowly, as her warm green gaze adjusted to see land, rather than open frosty blue, Phae noticed Tolio.

She preferred males, to females. Felt safer with them. In her experience, her natural beauty had always won her favourable attention, and so they protected her..or at least, they coveted her, which in the end, amounted to about the same. It was the mares who she had trouble with. Jealous and game-playing harpies, the lot of them. And yet, had she not just thrown herself into a band with them? Was it a mistake? Time would tell...but for now...

As Phaedra drifted closer to shore, she banked to the left of Tolio - you can never be too careful, after all. Her dark hooves struck the sand lightly, as she softly lowered herself into the ground. Phae stretched her wings out to their full length, allowing her feathers to return to their places, before tucking her wings neatly onto her flank, trying to retain as much heat as she could. A light sheen had covered her, making her bird-catcher spots appear iridescent in the cool daylight. Inquisitively, she tilted her at Tolio, sending her sand-hued mane into her eyes. A Unicorn... she thought dismally. Horses were better but...As long as she stayed out of horns-reach. However effeminate the stallion appeared to be, Phae could also tell that he was quite strong, and so she ventured no closer.

"Enjoy long walks on the beach, do you?" Phae had a pleasant sounding voice, even moreso with the playfulness that she currently felt. She looked at the stallion teasingly, expecting some macho reply. Perhaps he was meeting someone here? That would be awkward. Phaedra looked around uncertainly, for indication of another, before finally returning her gaze back to him.

HP: 45.5

Deceased
Brit

The sound of heavy downstrokes above him turned curious eyes heaven bound. It wasn't abnormal in Helovia- there were plenty of Pegasi, and Tolio could tell the difference between a flying equine and a larger bird. It was rather obvious once you actually heard the light boned flyers. Golden caramel met the grey backdrop of sky, clearly a female even from Tolio's vantage point. Down, down, down she glided like a princess descending a winding stairway to enter the ball. Tolio refrained from giggling at the thought.

It always surprised him how lightly a Pegasus could descend and land. Don't get him wrong he had seen more than enough stumbles, crashes, and loud thumps of hoof on earth. But elegance seemed to be born in every winged horse. She stayed a good distance from him, wary but clearly interested in his presence. Cinnamon tail swayed pleasantly as he remained still and unmenacing before her. It was smart of her, as the world wasn't always kind. Tolio wouldn't harm her, but he noticed her need for this small cushion of space and protection.

Feminine voice rang out in the cold drafty air, muting the crashing ocean as the tide came in. Teasing playfulness laced her tone, clearly expecting him to be...offended? Something of the sort. But he merely giggled and grinned in his foolishly endearing way. "Sure do! Don't see why others don't do it as often." Winking and giggling again. He was always a bit more effeminate in the presence of females. Other stallions were awkward to know he fancied their gender. This often offended the warrior. His sexual preference had nothing to do with his friendship or his fighting abilities. It wasn't like he desired every stallion that walked the earth! Shaking these thoughts away to tilt his head almost childishly at the fae. "And you? Are you the type to wander the beach?"

Deceased

The stallion behaved nearly as Phaedra would have imagined...until he opened his mouth. Standing on the turf, long cinnamon locks flowing in the gentle breeze, he was still the picture of masculinity that Phae had first taken him to be. She appreciated that he had kept his distance - it showed a certain amount of respect on his part. Or that's how she interpreted it, anyways.

As he giggled and called out to her, she titled her head inquisitively. There was something...but...she just couldn't place it. Sure do! Don't see why others don't do it as often. And you? Are you the type to wander the beach? Pheadra began to walk towards him, stepping lightly as her hooves had a tendency to sink in the sand. Flying was so much easier. She arched her neck prettily and subtly drew herself up to her full height, which was still smaller than the stallion. Being flirtatious was the only way Phaedra really knew how to be around males. It was how she protected herself. If they saw her as something worth having, worth keeping safe, they usually did so. Her natural beauty was really her only asset in that regard - she had always thought of herself as something which look dirty, though. Her coat, not quite golden palomino, had a sooty sheen, and her mane and tail too where closer to cream than bright white. Her odd bird-catcher spotting was just another thing to mar her already questionable coat. But still. They liked her, and she fed on that, to keep herself safe.

As Phaedra came within a few paces of Tolio, she smiled demurely and nodded. "I am the type to wander" She admitted, looking at him flirtatiously.

In the back of her mind, Phaedra couldn't quite shake the odd feeling that something wasn't right. Tolio wasn't interested in her...in the right way. He wasn't looking at her like most stallions did. Frowning slightly, Phaedra again resorted to the thought that he must be waiting for someone, which could mean trouble. Still with flirtatious tones to her voice, she glided past him, rubbing a wing-feather gently along his side. "Are you waiting for someone here?" She cooed softly.

Deceased
Brit

Golden head tilted at him after he spoke, but Tolio only continued to smile at her. Letting her work out whatever had intrigued her so about him. She stepped forward, neck arching gracefully and steps light and delicate. Being a little over sixteen hands, Tolio easily stood above her, but wasn't bothered by this. There was no denying that she was beautiful, certainly unique in her coloring. Tolio found her rather fascinating because of her markings alone. Yes, he could see beauty in females, but that didn't mean it affected him. Something could easily be found aesthetically pleasing but it didn't stir anything within him like most other stallions.

Tolio watched her curiously as she came closer, smiling in a way he had never encountered. Looking a little confused as she spoke, not understanding the tone she spoke with. Deciding to just flow with what she'd spoken, smiling chipperly. "That's great of you, I've found that you discover many things by simply wandering." Flicking his ears at her pleasantly. She paused and then brushed past him, wing touching his side. Tolio curled his neck, turning his head to watch it move against his side in confusion. Smiling a little awkwardly, clearly not understanding what she was doing.

Looking around briefly, Tolio turned back to her. "No miss, I'm not. I'm a bit new here, I'm afraid. Although you seem the type to have quite a few friends waiting for you. Am I holding you from their company?" A teasing, playful tone in his voice. But it was very clearly only friendly, watching her as she moved by him. What a curious lass.

Deceased

Phaedra was slowly realizing two things. The first, was that this stallion wasn't interested in her in the right way. His eyes followed her movements, yes, but....He wasn't taken in by them, the way he should be. His skin didn't shudder as she gently brushed past him. His voice didn't return her flirtatious tones. The second thing she realized, was that if he wasn't interested in her, then she was in danger.

Backing up from the stallion, Phaedra unfurled her wings. She did not fully extend them, but allowed the tips to gently lay on the beach, looking relaxed. In reality, she was posed to lift herself off of this sandy beach, should the need arise. Am I holding you from their company? Was this a trap? Was this stallion prodding to find out if there were others nearby? Others who would hear her cries, should he attack? Or was he finding out if she would be missed, should an unfortunate accident befall her.

Phaedra shook her head slightly, sending bits of mane into her eyes. She really only had one defence card she could play..."I am part of a mercenary group called The Grey" She replied boldly. So I guess you could say I have a few friends waiting for me, yes." But no real friends she thought rather sadly. Phaedra had been on the run, almost her entire life. That did not leave much time for learning to form friendships, or learning to trust. She didn't understand how to handle a stallion like Tolio. Because of his indifference to her, did he fall into the mare category? Of lying and manipulative bitches? Of course he wasn't the first stallion to not be immediately interested in her - she'd met stallions with whole harem of mares devoted to them. But she could always feel the primal bond between a mare and stallion, regardless of their intentions. A bond that said it could happen. You could have me. But in looking at Tolio, she did not feel that same sort of connection. She didn't feel anything at all.

Still looking rather tense, Phaedra gazed out onto the open blue waters, trying to let the calmness of the ocean radiate into her frightened mind. It wasn't working, but she needed to learn...she couldn't be afraid all the time.

Deceased
Brit

What in the world was this mare doing? Tolio was so utterly dumbfounded by her behavior. He was forced to stand there with an awkward confused smile. He didn't understand her actions at first but when she stepped away, wings slightly unfurled, the soldier in Tolio caught on sharply. This, he did know. She felt threatened or in possible danger. Why she did however Tolio couldn't figure out. He'd been kind and gentlemanly hadn't he? He hadn't even moved! Crazily blazed face tilted as he observed her.

What did she have to fear? His power? Tolio was taller and yes he was lean but he was built more for speed and sharp attacks, and he had never once threatened her with his posture. Ears remained pricked in her direction, body relaxed and tail swaying pleasantly. What had he done to startle her so?

Boldly she spoke of a mercenary band. This only confused Tolio more. But he was part of an exiled herd so who was he to judge? Feeling a little comforted knowing she was protected. "A brave lifestyle, you have my respect." Dipping his head in respect to her. A mercenary group wasn't like a family oriented herd. "I'm afraid not many would miss me!" giggling when he admitted this. Mauja was rarely if ever seen. Totem and he were mere acquaintances. The only one who would miss him would be Faelene. Shaking his head at himself as his giggles subsided. Faelene was the only soul that he clicked with. From the moment she had found him in the Threshold, he had respected and admired her. Considered her a sister.

Shifting his weight he rested his back leg with a silly smile. "May I inquire your name? I'm Tolio!" saying it a tad eagerly. He wished she wouldn't fear him so. Expression crumpling a little in sadness when he saw how tense she was. Had he done or said something wrong? "Have I done something to frighten you? Honey, I wouldn't hurt you! Why would I? You've done nothing but offer me a smile and some conversation!" Giving a little giggle to the sentence with a dumbfounded smile, hoping to keep it light.

Deceased

Phaedra's gut told her that she was not in danger, but she couldn't figure this stallion out. He wasn't...Something didn't add up. She did however, find herself becoming more and more charmed by his giggles and outbursts of laughter. It must be nice not have your guard up all the time Phae thought, finding a smile playing on her lips, as she did so.

"I am Phaedra. Pleased to meet you, Tolio. Again, she found laughter laced her words - he was just infectious that way. Honey, I wouldn't hurt you. All at once, it clicked. His laughter, his speech, the way he looked at her, and the way he didn't look at her. He was gay! Surely that must be it. A weight suddenly lifted off of Phaedra as her mind drew this conclusion. Should she ask him? What if she was wrong? Storing these thoughts for the moment, Phaedra was just content to know that she was likely safe.

She neatly tucked her wings against her flanks, and smiled genuinely, shaking her head; "No, you didn't. I'm sorry I'm just....a little on edge today, that's all. Baggage, and all that" She tossed her forelock away from her eyes dissuasively, and returned her cool gaze to Tolio. Deciding that she did indeed like this stallion, she stepped closer again, but without the flirtatious pretence that she had employed earlier. "Are you not part of a herd, then? A handsome stallion like you?" Back to the flirting again. She just couldn't help it, but at the same time, everyone liked being flirted with. Most everyone, anyways. Who doesn't like compliments? Now however, it was harmless; it was just who Phae was. She reached her muzzle forward, prodding his shoulder with her velvety nose. Then, looking up at him, she winked conspiratoriously (yes, I'm making this a verb. What up.) at him and whispered, "You know, I think I like you. We should be friends"

Deceased
Brit

At last the beautiful doll didn't seem to be frightened by his presence. Relaxing and no longer posed to spring up into the air to flee. But with this sudden comfortable nature around him also came her dissecting gaze. Tolio didn't mind this blatant observing of him and found it more amusing than anything. He had nothing to hide after all.

Laughter sparkled through her words and Tolio couldn't help but smile brightly at having lightened her mood. He didn't have a suave seductive smile, no matter how hard he tried it always ended up childish and innocent. Lopsided and endearing. But he'd come to terms that he would never be the sexy type. "Sweetheart the pleasure is all mine!" Glad that she was opening up and had stopped confusing the poor boy.

Her wings shuffled and moved against her, no longer poised to move her quickly away. Once she finally smiled Tolio was pleased to discover that it was beautiful. "What a gorgeous smile, you really should smile more." Smiling honestly at her. Tolio enjoyed being like this. Free and flamboyant compared to his stronger and more controlled side. But it was nice to blend them or get a break from one.

He easily waved away her apology. "Don't worry at all. We all have days like that." Ah yes there was his more controlled side. Seemed that he could blend his personalities around Phaedra. That was good. Often that didn't happen and he had to choose one or the other. Normally the controlled side. Pouting a little at that thought. Phaedra stepped closer and this time he understood her intentions. Giggling at her teasing compliment. "I have a herd, yes. But I'm afraid that our leader has seemingly disappeared...and thank you I am rather devilishly handsome aren't I?" Standing in a pose with head high and eyes a fake seductive, chest pushed out. Holding it until he collapsed into giggles and resumed his normal stance.

Velvet soft muzzle touched his shoulder and he gleefully returned it by nibbling playfully at her forelock. Flicking his ears at her when she gave him a wink and a conspiratory grin. "Baby, we're gonna be best friends."

Deceased

Phaedra was not used to actually hearing compliments. Sure, when she flirted with other stallions, in order to gain their favour, they complimented her. But she was only ever pretending...it was as though they were complimenting the mask that she wore - and not actually her. But for the first time in a long time - maybe ever - Phae had let her guard down, and Tolio liked it. What a gorgeous smile, he had said. She could barely contain her smile, let alone the blush that was quickly colouring her cheeks.

Baby, we're gonna be best friends

The little mare practically felt her heart swell in her chest, and suddenly she felt like laughing and screaming (happily), all at the same time. But nothing came out, she just stood grinning foolishly, her eyes twinkling happily. She found that she liked Tolio that more that they were together - the tambre of his voice, his childlike but yes, still handsome smile, the white streak in his mane and tail...Having a friend wasn't so bad after-all. But they weren't all like him, and she had seen plenty that weren't.

"So, tell me more about this leaderless herd." Was it the Edge that he spoke of? Of Mauja? Didn't they have some....relation to The Grey? She couldn't be sure - she had only caught snippets of conversations about who The Grey did and did not like. What if they were enemies? What if Phaedra was meant to report back to Ktulu, or Ophelia about having seen an enemy? Torn, Phaedra waited on Tolio's response, hoping that she would not already have to chose between her new alliance, and her new best friend. "After all, they should keep a charmer like you under close watch" She joked with a wink, nudging his shoulder affectionately.

[OOC: d'awwww. I actually giggled when I read his post <3 ]

Deceased
Brit

Phaedra seemed absolutely shocked that he had complimented her in a candid fashion. Beautiful smile spread over her visage like petals unfolding from the heart of their flower. Flustered, she seemed not to know how to take in his compliment. Tolio was saddened that she was so unknowing of her beauty, but comforted by the fact that he had brought such light and joy to her demeanor.

It looked like she had never been so happy and Tolio was rather shocked that he had managed to make her that way. Was he really so nice to be around? It was a wordless compliment to him. It was nice to have someone accept his admittedly flamboyant personality, and her presence was welcoming and feminine in a way he greatly enjoyed. She was like sunlight clashing with his own supernova creating a friendship that was quickly budding.

Being reminded of his herd made Tolio a little sad. He had heard whispers of Psyche and the Plague and didn't agree with what they stood for. With Mauja's disappearance, Tolio did not feel he should even stay. "My leader Mauja disappeared and a rumor has been spread of a different leader coming into power with a group of her own. I don't agree with what she speaks of. I'm afraid I may leave sometime in the near future...I'll have to converse with the only other person I remain there for. Perhaps I will follow you to your herd when this happens." Blinking his big mercury eyes at her, pondering that thought rather seriously. Disgust coated his words when he spoke of Psyche and the Plague. Maybe the Grey really was the best choice. He would speak with Faelene when he returned to the Steppe.

He giggled as she nudged him and dipped his head to her height, nudging her shoukder with his muzzle in return. Thankful for the distraction from the sadness and serious thoughts. Hoping she would welcome him to her herd if and most likely when he left. Laughing at her compliment and shaking his head at her teasingly. "Alas they cannot! For I am here to charm every walking creature I find including pretty little mares," Winking right back at her and giggling.

Deceased

Phae's ears flicked forwards and back to the rhythm of Tolio's words. She had never met Mauja....but of course, she had arrived in Helovia after the invasion, and had only heard whispers of what had happened from The Grey. As she listened, she was glad that The Grey wasn't a formal herd, there was no chance of them being invaded, or overrun. Absently her mind wondered how many others herds, and groups there were in Helovia. Truthfully, she had joined the first that she had encountered. It seemed her luck was better than Tolio's in this regard. Confused, Phaedra shook her head slightly, "What she speaks of? What does she advocate for? Racism?" She asked, meaning this suggestion as a joke. Phaedra had never encountered racism before.

Flicking her tail, she stepped backwards, comically pretending to 'check' Tolio out. She walked in a wide circle around him, muttering to herself, and stopping every now and then to squint and narrow her eyes. As she returned to her place before him, she winked and nodded. "Well, I guess we could find a place for a big tough stallion like you .... (then more sincerely) if you ever needed it." I have to converse with the only other person.... At these words, Phaedra felt a pang deep in her gut - an emotion that she couldn't quite explain. Later, she would come to know this feeling as jealousy, but as she had never cared about another before, she had never felt this particular feeling. Shrugging this off, she playfully nudged his shoulder, then leapt away, using her large wings to help propel her forward by buffeting the air. Prancing, her nose high in the air allowing her tangled mane to stream from behind her, she cast a sideways smirk back in his direction. "Guess what?" Then, not giving him time to answer, she rushed excitedly: "I'm on a quest. From the God's"

[OOC: Ack. That sucked. Sorry.]

Deceased
Brit

It was surprising how willing Phaedra was to listen to him, and Tolio couldn't help but be flushed by the attention. He had been alone so long that even one person's interest in what he had to say was a great relief to him. Faelene was hard to find in the snowy world of the Steppe, and he missed her company greatly. With Totem disappearing just as easily, and Mauja nowhere to be found, Tolio was alone in his thoughts. It was a nice change of pace. Perhaps he really should leave the cold lands if this would greet him. Her joke of racism was sadly nodded to, a more serious expression taking over his childish face. "Sadly it is the truth. She believes that those who are not horned have no place on this earth. I cannot bring myself to believe that. And she is rumored to be brutal in her ways, that she has no qualms with killing innocent souls merely for having bare head." Rumors spread fast in the Steppe, almost as quickly as a fire would despite the freezing temperatures.

Seriousness melted away as she walked around him in a wide circle, checking him over with a teasing gaze. Giggling at her teasing tone and lifting his head high, posing for her once again. But her quiet continuation had him smiling at her. That she would extend such an offer to him...he reached his neck out to her and brushed the arch of her neck with his muzzle. Sincere gratitude shone in his eyes, and was shown clearly in the touch. Words were not needed. Moments later she nudged his shoulder, leaping away quickly, buffeting him with her wings. Her excitement was tangible and he pranced after her, crimson legs lifting high in a bouncing gait after her. The gods? He'd heard of them but had never approached the Veins himself. "Really?! That's great!! What do you have to do? And for what?" Curiosity easily sparked by this. He desired to visit the Veins, but knew he should settle down first before he did. Extending his legs to reach her easily, as her stride was much shorter compared to his long legs. Nipping playfully, and very gently, along her spine as he approached. Continuing this exuberant dance along the beach with her.

Deceased

Each time Tolio made physical contact with her, what felt like an electric current shot through her body. It was exhilarating, and she could easily feel her pulse rising as her heart pounded. This must be what friendship feels like, she introspected, marvelling at how wonderful she felt being around him. She was instantaneously glad that she had decided to fly over this place, and for every decision before that which had led her here, to him.

"The God of the Earth said that I either have to fall in love, or introduce two who will fall in love, by the end of BirdSong." She twitched her lips to the side, thinking on this. She hadn't actually stopped to really consider her quest yet. Her falling in love seemed automatically out of the question. And the few that she had met here, like Ophelia and Ktulu didn't really seem like the romantic types. Well, Ophelia maybe...but she seems insatiable. Continuing to prance along, her wings began gently pulsating down, causing her to bounce slightly into the air with each step, as if gravity had less of a hold on her, then it should. "I've really no idea how to go about this though." She concluded, but still sounded hopeful.

Her mind wandered back to what Tolio had said previously, about Psyche's racism, and felt troubled. If having Tolio in The Grey would mean seeing him more, then she was all for it but...But it might put him in danger. After all, while there were mostly Unicorn's comprising The Grey, that she knew of, there were some that weren't. She was an example of this. If Tolio were to leave...would this Psyche come after him, as a traitor? She halted, and waited for his long legs to bring him alongside. Affectionately, she reached her neck up to lay her head on his back, feeling his warmth. He was strong...she could both see and feel that, and he clearly wasn't alone - there were others like him, who didn't not follow Mirage's values. But still..."You be safe, okay?" She whispered, her words rather vague in context, in regards to what they had just been speaking about, but she thought he would understand.

Deceased
Brit

It had been ages since the cinnamon stallion had last felt so complete. Tolio was a naturally emphatic, social person. He enjoyed the company of others, found life without friends simply unbearable. Solitude did not suit him well, and he despised being left alone. Phaedra's equally cheery atmosphere fixed up the little bit of loneliness that lingered in his chest. Whatever had brought him to the beach, Tolio thanked it deeply. If he hadn't been brought to these sandy shores, he would have never encountered Phaedra. 

Mercury orbs focused on her as she bounced effortlessly around him, hardly as heavy as the puff of a dandelion floating on the breeze. Unable to help but tease her when she described her quest. It was so odd! "Darling, you should set me up with some handsome stud! I need some lovin' too!" Giggling and snapping his tail at her hocks playfully when she passed by him. It was true, sad as he found it. There were few homosexual stallions, and Tolio had resigned himself to the fate of being alone. Phaedra remained hopeful but Tolio could see she was troubled by how to complete this task. Eyes softening and instantly going to her aid. "I'll help any way I can. Maybe if I find a lonely gal, I can have you find her a good match?" They lived in different places, there had to be a way to accomplish this quest. 

Beautiful golden face faded into thoughts that seemed to trouble her. Tolio wanted badly to comfort her, but knew he must wait a few moments. He didn't want to interrupt something that she might discover. Surprised when she laid her head over his back. Face softening at her quiet whisper, laying his head over her shoulders and tucking his head, bringing her closer to assure her of his presence. Muzzle brushing comfortingly over her spine, only returning to her back to whisper in return as he understood what she was saying. "I will. I promise." Serious as he said this, as if speaking an oath. 

[[ooc: Aud dear it's Psyche not Mirage teehee ;3]]

Deceased

If they could have heard each other's thoughts, they likely would marvel at how different they were. While Tolio enjoyed the company of others, Phaedra was constantly on the move, constantly running. Tolio was an extrovert, while Phaedra was quite introverted. Just not around him. Again she felt that overwhelming feeling of electricity pulse through her, at the thought of him. Just not around him she thought happily.

Darling, you should set me up with some handsome stud! I need some lovin' too! Phae couldn't help but grin at this. From what she had seen of Helovia, there were an abundance of different types here, surely one of them would be to Tolio's liking? She mentally stored this in the back of her mind, as a mini-quest. She would keep an eye out for a possible suitor for her new friend. Best friend her mind reminded her. Now she was on the look out for gay stallions and needed to find two star-crossed lovers, as it were. Did the God's know this would happen, when they sent her off? Possibly.

As she halted and placed her muzzle upon his back, she was once again overcome with the rush of his touch, as he pulled her closer to him. She needed to hold onto him...true friendship that came this easily, must be rare. She had been running for almost her whole life, and had never encountered anyone who made her feel like Tolio did. Who made her feel so safe. She liked how he listened to her, how he played and teased. Most of all his giggles. Her cheeks flushed with colour as she recounted the sound of his laugh, even in such a serious moment. Yes. She would hold onto him, with everything she had. I will, I promise She heard him say, softly. And she believed him - she had too. Phaedra was the sort who would likely become mentally unbalanced, if something ever happened to the Unicorn she suddenly held so dear. Thus her conscious mind chose simply to believe his sincere words, and ignore the possibility that despite the best of intentions, there were other forces in the world which could end their time together.

Removing her muzzle from his back, but still keeping her body pressed up against his, she looked into the sky. With FrostFall ending, the skies held signs of BirdSong approaching - they held slightly more colour. She flicked her tail slightly, and sighed. Flying was the one place she felt truly free, and as her gaze shifted to Tolio's chestnut coat, she realized that she would never be able to share that experience with him. Was there magic here, that could grant him flight? She mentally stored that mini-quest in the back of her mind as well. If there was, she would find it for him. "I wish you could fly. I could show you so many things" She said, nosing his shoulder blades where the bones of his wings would be, if he had any.

[OOC: *edits* Gah. Too many threads! :3]

Deceased
Brit

His joke had brought a grin to her face and that meant more than looking silly in front of her. Tolio didn't mind making a fool of himself if it gifted him with the joy of her laughter or happiness. It was...nice. More than nice, it was incredible to finally be himself around somebody and not worry about them judging him. She knew he was gay and had not made fun of him, but hadn't judged him for anything less than a stallion. He despised being thought of as weak just because he didn't fancy girls. It was cruel and ignorant. Phaedra on the other hand, hadn't once seemed disgusted by him and had remained kind and friendly. If Tolio were a smidge more emotional than his normal self, he would have been prone to tears. Which may seem strange to others, but it seemed they were so perfectly compatible that an instant deep friendship had been struck.

Their embrace lasted longer than Tolio had first thought it would, but he wasn't surprised to discover he didn't quite want to pull away. Warmth was shared between their coats in the freezing day, creating a bubble only they belonged in. As if their very hearts were beating in sync, an easy understanding of the other's intentions and inflections coming to them without words. Deep inside himself, his heart reached out to hers and tied them together. She was more than just a friend, or a best friend. Phaedra was welcomed into his world as the sister he had always wanted, and knew if the time ever came he would put his life down for her. Would do it even in that moment, despite knowing her for such a short time. It was a little dizzying, to bond so quickly with her, but it was a good kind of dizzy. Like lifting all restraints and simply being.

Her head lifted from his back, and he tilted his to lay his cheek over her shoulders, gazing out over the sand comfortably. Following words were so completely wistful and random that he couldn't help but giggle in surprise at her. Where had that come from? Velvet muzzle touched upon his back, and he sighed. "Sometimes I wish I could too, doll. I'm afraid there's not much I can show you here on the ground." Imagining what it would be like to fly. How strange and exhilarating it must be, weightless in the clouds. What would his wings look like? Fanciful thoughts that would never come true, but it was fun to imagine at least.

Deceased

"Maybe there's a way..? The Gods?" Her mind somehow doubted it. Besides, she was nothing special. She didn't think the God's would be particularly persuaded to grant the gift of flight, just because she wanted her friend to experience it. But still...She would ask the God's if anything like that was possible, if/when she returned from her quest. There's not much I can show you here on the ground. She frowned at this, she hadn't been in Helovia very long...there must be a million things here that she didn't know about that Tolio would - Her mind abruptly halted at this, would he? A feeling of uncertainty suddenly overwhelmed her. She really didn't know much about Tolio. I mean, she knew the important things - that she...she felt bonded to him, in some regard. It was hard to explain, but they were linked now, and that was what she knew. But as for everything else..? She really had no idea about him at all.

"Tell me all about big strong you she nickered, imitating what she hoped sounded like a southern drawl. She really was interested to know about him. How long had he been here for? Who was this...other that he spoke of? What made him the way he was? And what would she say, if he asked about her past? Would she tell him that she normally runs from every conflict? That she was a coward? She grimaced at this thought. Who she really was, was quite different than the way that she was around him. The way that he made her. She didn't want to lose that but...she didn't want to lie either. Was this what it was like, having someone you cared about? Phae suddenly felt afraid to tell him the truth. She was almost positive that he would understand, that nothing would change but...what if it did? She could barely bear the thought, much less have to live the possibility.

Deceased
Brit

It was interesting to think of flight. Tolio of course had never experienced it and never would, so he couldn't imagine it as it likely was in Phaedra's world. Waving away her softly murmured words, making sure not to offend her. It was doubtful the Gods would ever grant him the ability of flight- him, a completely plain and normal stallion. "Most likely not. They're probably terribly busy as it is, hun. I'm alright right here on the ground though!" Picking up a leg and tapping the sand with his hoof, grinning. He already worried over snagging his horn on various trees, though you grew used to it. Wings would most likely make it even worse for him. The image of it was amusing. 

Mercury eyes searched her curiously at the sudden question, unsure why it popped so quickly into life. Inwardly shrugging at this. Tolio would amuse her, do anything to satisfy her curiosity. Nothing dark hid in his past anyways. Looking to the sky for inspiration, a smile playing on his lips at memories that tickled his mind. "Well...mum was a healer. Best of the herd. She fell in love with my father, he was the general of the herd. He hurt, she healed. They were a perfect match. I'd never seen love so pure. They fought, as all do, but never for long. They raised me well, but both were often busy." Tolio, of course, had grown used to that. He didn't blame them at all. They would always return and shower him with affection no matter how tired they were. Eyes warm and find as he recalled this. "That's when I became a troublemaker. Causing general havoc with the other foals. My parents bid me a loving goodbye when I knew it was time to leave. Joined a bachelor band. Became even more of a mischief maker," giggling and grinning as his mind supplied him with many of the pranks he'd pulled on his fellow members. "When I had learned all I could I left. I wanted to be proud of what I could offer, like my parents. Devote myself. Find someone to love like they did. That's how I came here. Faelene found me, invited me to the Steppe with her. She was awfully messed up but she never complained a bit. It was hard to watch, I steady felt a great amount of respect for her. But because of that I wouldn't offer my aid. She accepted me, respected me, let me in when she didn't have to. I consider her much like my sister, like you now are. It's rather lonely in those freezing lands though. That's why, if I ever leave, I wish Faelene will come with me."

He didn't see her as the type to join the Plague. She was much too honorable for that after all. Giggling as he turned back to Phaedra. "I like going buck wild and crazy. I play pranks. My favorite color is grey blue. I'm gay. I've never been a very good swimmer, and I hate being tall sometimes." Throwing random things out there to get a laugh or a smile. After pretty much his life story, he wanted a few completely strange facts. Turning and examining Phaedra with honest, open orbs. "And you?"

Deceased

Phaedra felt her heart swell as Tolio spoke of his parents. He hurt, she healed. , he had said. I wonder what love that pure feels like. Or at all she thought, as he continued to describe his upbringing. A cheeky grin broke out across her features as he spoke of being a trouble maker, and joining a bachelor band. He certainly wasn't a sissy by any means, yet she still had trouble imagining him hanging as just 'one of the guys', in a band of testosterone filled stallions. As he mentioned Faelene, Phaedra felt a surge of relief. The knot of jealousy which had welled up in her stomach suddenly dissipated, for she knew Faelene was 'with' someone else, even if it was complicated. Having never loved anyone, Phaedra didn't really understand the dynamics of it, only that Tolio was likely still all hers. "If you ever do leave, I think Faelene and Ktulu, who leads the warriors, would get along fabulously." If this mare was as resilient as Tolio was making her out to be, she was almost sure that the stern unicorn with the bear companion, would welcome her gladly.

As he rattled off things about him, Phaedra felt something else stirring in her belly, where the feeling of jealousy had been previously. Only now, it felt like an electric current, which was making it hard for her to stand. Not comprehending this feeling either, Phaedra tossed her head anxiously . Still thinking on Tolio's encounter with Faelene, and about his father being a warrior, she furrowed her brow, ignoring his request to hear about her past. As her mind focused, the feeling slowly dissipated within her. As it did, she squared her shoulders to him, looking him seriously in the eyes - all amusement and feelings of adoration that she previously displayed at hearing his history, were gone. "Tolio, can you teach me to fight?" She asked sincerely. She chewed on her lower lip as she waited for him to reply. It was expected of members of The Grey to be able to defend themselves, but she had no skills in that area whatsoever. She had imagined in her mind, Ktulu happily welcoming Faelene into the herd, while giving Phaedra a scowling reprehensive look. Even though Phae had brought her an amulet, to aid The Grey, in her mind Ktulu still seemed to her sister Ophelia's decision, to invite her into their ranks. "Please?" She inquired further, tilting her head, shooting Tolio a pleading look.

[OOC: Ack. Sorry, that was no good :P]