the Rift

Snow, Trip, Rear

Beauty Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
A brisk canter. A black coat. Silver spiral horn that curves upwards slightly. Black hooves. Green orbs. An exotic filly. A gentle, yet, flirty creature. A long arched neck and highlighted muscles. All alone though. The slowed to a moving trot. Her hoofs raised higher and she looked like she was gliding. She walked now. Warm breath that misted in the air. A small muzzle with slight whiskers.

She shook her head. The light reflecting off of her black coat. Perhaps a fellow foal would come and play with the young lithe. Energetic and vibrant. She enjoyed her long runs in the cold. She halted. A slight shrill left her maw. A branch cracked over top of her and she reared frightened. A clump of snow landing on her back then sliding off. On all fours now, she eyed the object. She noted the clump of snow. Every dip and line. Bored, she just scanned the area.

She needed a friend, one with or with out a horn. Someone she could race and crow-hop with, or one to explore the land. Her thoughts escalated. Many more. Piling on. Every thought fled as a snowflake landed on her muzzle. The cold sensation tickled her muzzle and she pranced around, until she tripped.. and fell. Snow scattered her whole body. She lay for a moment, dazed. "Cold.. t-to c-c-c-cold." She hopped up. Cords that seemed shaky and uneven. Pearls almost quivering, making clicking noises.

She flattened her ears against her cranium. Stupid tr--" A sqwaking noise cut her off. A bird took flight. A bird. "--ee." She finished her sentence. Chords dropping quieter and lower at the end.

She made a few annoyed groaning sounds. She stood still. Listening to far hoof beats, far whinnies, and close birds. A breeze blew through the winter wonderland. A shiver ran down her spine. Black was associated with death, was that the reason she had no one right now? How she wished a foal would come prancing through the forest and befriend her!

Lynx Posts: 73
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15 :: 5
Shoikan

Lynx
Hope and pray that you never need me, but rest assured I will not let you down.

The sound of crunching snow heralds the approach of a sun colored stallion, shadow shaded legs carrying his small frame through the drifts. Amber eyes focus on the child standing alone in the snow, softening as they always do upon spotting a lone foal. Frostfall is no time for a youngling to be wandering about, and her presence in the Threshold suggests that the poor filly is an orphan. Well, he certainly can’t leave her here, not when he could offer her a home in the Throat, though how he is to communicate such things is uncertain.

He steps closer to the exotic flicka, hoping his appearance won’t frighten her. Generally, the younger a foal is, the more likely they are to accept his wickedly deformed horn, the smooth black spear twisting down and piercing through his face rather than growing straight and proud as it should. Keeping his head low to avoid seeming threatening, he stops several feet away, waiting for acknowledgement rather than crowding close without permission. His normally irritable nature has been replaced with an unexpected protective instinct, urging him to bring the black girl home with him, keep her safe from those who may wish her harm. But first, she must accept him as a friend. Black tail swishes gently as he stands, wondering if she will be repulsed or curious about this stranger who has come to her.

OOC: I wasn't sure if you only wanted another foal to reply or not, just let me know if you do and I'll delete this.

Unregistered
Light scents of a lingering stallion. Fluffy ears flicking forward. Small had turns to wherever the scent had come from. A buckskin beauty. A young stallion. She walked forward to him. She enjoyed his horn, unique. She reaches her muzzle out. He smelt like the orange sand in a desert. Her spiral curved very slightly upward, almost opposite of his. Her horn was just a small stubble, and only about four inches long.

Green orbs didn't hold any fear, only excitement at the stallion she had just met. Such an open, helpless life, yet she loved her life. Yes, the stallion wasn't a foal, but he was interesting looking and that was all she cared about. Her front small hoof pawed the snow. Stay flakes flying everywhere, and making the prettiest patterns. A happy shrill left her maw. Breath misted in the cold area. "Hello." A hyper and bold voice cutting through the silence. She continued... "I am Beauty, and you are?" Fluffy ears flicked forward. "Oh.. I also like your horn." A beam crossed her maw.

She reached her muzzle out once more and clacked her teeth. A sign only for respect. She didn't mean any harm. Just an instinct of hers. A breeze whistled against the trees and towards them. Cold wind that stung her orbs and most likely his too.

OOC: It's OK! ;)

Hidden Account
Shoikan

Lynx

Fortunately, the ravenling seems delighted to have company, and enjoys his malformed horn. A large part of his fondness for foals stems from the fact that most are far more welcoming and accepting than adults, embracing his disfigurement rather than shunning it. The green-eyed child is no exception, and so he takes a few more steps toward her, glad that his appearance has not startled her.

Then comes the inevitable question of his name. A pegasus filly had once suggested drawing the image of a lynx in the snow, but how is he to know if Beauty has ever seen such a creature? Still, he supposes it is worth a try, and if she doesn’t understand then he won’t mind if she chooses to apply a different moniker to him. He begins to sketch the feline shape of a lynx in the loose white powder, adding distinctive details that make the cat different from others in its family. Spots, a short tail, and oversized paws are all carefully placed on the figure, then he deems the abstract form adequate and steps back to allow the filly to examine his work. It is crude, he knows, for Lynx had never been much of an artist, but it doesn’t much matter if she can determine what it is that he has drawn or not. Still, he offers an apologetic smile, wishing as he so often does that he could speak.

OOC: You can either have Beauty figure out his name, or pick something else to call him, whichever you'd prefer :)

Unregistered
The stallion starts creating something in the snow. A sort of cat. Why was he drawing? "A cat?" As he stepped away, her small voice echoed into his ears. She got closer. It was a spotted cat. "It's a lynx!" Then she realized that was his name. She dropped her muzzle closer to the drawn figure. Admiring it. She found only one error. She ignored it though. It seemed he had been muted for some while.

She smiled at him. "Lynx. Can I call you Ly?" Small voice escaped the lithe's body. A small breeze flew through the woods blowing his drawing away. She turned and faced him. "Ly? Do you have a herd?" How would he answer these questions. Did he prefer the quiet? A slight prickle of curiosity crossed her features. Ly was still company, quiet company, but he was enjoyable.

Sweet like honey. Strong like rock. Elegant like ballerinas. She was diverse and exotic. A silver horn, green eyes, solid black coat. Who DOESN'T think she is exotic. He was also exotic. A horn that was shaped oddly, and and a muted sound. Two peas in a pod.

Hidden Account
Shoikan

Lynx

She gazes at the picture for only a few moments before understanding dawns across her features, with an exclamation following soon after. She must have seen them somewhere before, and often enough to recognize one with a quick glance. Where does she come from? Someplace mountainous, for that was the only place he knew of where the cats roamed. If she had a home though, why was she here in Helovia? Wouldn’t it have been easier to remain in her old land? The questions crowd his mind, yet he has no way to ask them, and so pushes the queries away. Perhaps she will reveal her story to him later, and he can learn what drove the flicka to find a new home.

She asks if she can call him Ly, and the buckskin nods. It is a childish nickname, but he does not mind. He has been called much worse, cruel taunts such as ‘monster’ and ‘freak’, and the girl’s suggestion of Ly is pleasant in comparison. His head dips again when she asks about a herd. He does not know the members of Dragon’s Throat well, being both new and having a normally solitary nature, but they are still a family of sorts. Gently, he nudges her neck, then gestures in the direction of the desert land. A questioning tilt of his crown follows. He hopes she will understand his actions as an offer to lead her to his home. If not, then he doesn’t know how else to communicate the idea. Could he draw something to show her his intent? The stallion lapses into thought, pondering how to draw such a thing should she not understand his silent gestures.

Unregistered
The flicka watches his eyes glaze over as he thinks. Almost in a cloudy manor. After thinking her question fills his mind. He gestures some fuzzy directions. To his home or something else? Slight confusion crosses her mind. His muzzle gestured down a path into the dead forest. Frosty white snow covering the forest ground. Clarification forms. The femme understands his silent gestures. She walks to his side and turns around facing the same way he was. "Well? What are we waiting for?" Breath fogging in the chilled snow. Lynx. What an interesting name.

Cloven hooves holding her steady. Silver horn only a stub, and barely even starting to curve. She had grown prettier and it seemed her seductive manor and pretty grew with her. She had an elegant swift walk, trot, and canter. Furry ears flicked forward. What was this place like? We're there others? Did they have horns? The flicka doesn't truly know how equines think. They confuse her. The far more superior Pegasus and unicorn were intelligent, more so than equines. Ly looked very young, but older then herself.

Sweet chords churned through the silence. "How long have lived there?" Muzzle gesturing towards the path their hooves would traverse on. It seemed to have fair footing and no place to trip. She smiled, excited to see this so foreign place.

Hidden Account
Shoikan

Lynx

Again, she deciphers his voiceless communication, walking over with apparent intent to follow wherever he leads. Emerald eyes shine with emotion, captivating in their brilliance. Next to such a perfect child, his twisted horn and scarred face must appear grotesque, horrifying, but the girl does not mind that he is ugly, and that is enough for him. A half smile forms on his lips, interrupted by the horn tip that hangs down in the imitation of a fang, and he starts forward. He has found a friend in the ravenling, and perhaps later she will become a sister or daughter. Family.

Another question issues forth, one that he is uncertain of how to answer. He could paw at the ground for a number, but how to indicate what measurement he is using will be tricky. A foreleg strikes the earth seven times, wondering if she will understand the signal to mean a week. His speechless condition is frustrating, making even the simplest of communication difficult. Drawings, gestures, actions, none compare to the simple action of speaking. Still, Beauty had proven to be quite intelligent, easily figuring out what it is he attempts to tell her. Perhaps she will get the fact each pawing motion meant a day.

Unregistered
Foreleg striking the ground. Seven. Seven what? Months? Day? Hours? Hours was too short. He would've gotten lost by now. So days and months? 50 50 chance she would get a guess right. "Days? Seven days?" Ly seemed to have practice with silent gestures. A smile waded onto her face. Green orbs looking gently at him. She nuzzled his shoulder. Perhaps they could stay together?

So opposite. So very different. The flicka didn't mind him though. Company was company, and he was pleasant to be around. "Do you like it there?" Less questions was probably better for the stallion. Some answers it was inevitable they may be harder to answer. He may have been interested in her history and she was just asking questions. "If I tell you my history, you can't laugh." Tiled her head and looked at him with big serious orbs. She straightened her head and begun, without him saying if he would laugh or not. "Ok, I was born in an icy cave with my mother. A frown of disgust crossed her face as she looked at me. She got up and left. Her sweet aroma still there." Her voice cracking slightly. Her head hung low. Orbs somewhat pleading though. The little girl wanted to be kept close by her parents. She had never gotten that feeling. "Someone eventually helped me and when they passed on, they told me about this place. I traveled through mountains, plains, and many forests." She remembered the elder that had helped her survive. A smile crossed her face.

He had been pure white and very old. He told it was his time to leave and he left her, but she understood why this time. He told her to travel here and find safety and love.

Hidden Account
Shoikan

Lynx

She accurately guesses at what his motions mean, and he bobs his head in confirmation. He may be voiceless, but the flicka seems to have no trouble understanding his wordless way of communication. Tiny muzzle nuzzles against his shoulder, warming his normally chilly heart. She is so innocent and open, trusting that he will care for her, even if he does look more like a monster than a guardian. Then again, monsters often have something precious to protect. The filly, with her shining onyx pelt, emerald eyes, and stubby spear of silver, can be his treasure. He smiles faintly at the thought. The dragon and his princess.

“Do you like it there?” Her sweet voice instantly pulls his attention back to the girl, and another nod is given. Though the desert land is suffering in the grip of an unnaturally cold Frostfall, it is still a pleasant place, and the frost that settles on the sand gives it a glittering glass-like quality that is captivating. Then when the winter ends, soothing warmth will radiate from every direction, easing the sharp throb of pain that is the result of his hook-like horn. With luck, the filly will enjoy the Throat as much as he does.

Her story rushes out then, revealing the past that had brought her to Helovia. Why would a mother have abandoned her child in the cold? What about this enthralling girl had disgusted her dam so much? He can see nothing repulsive in the child, just loveliness. At least another soul had taken pity, helping her to survive. He, too, knows what it is like to be left alone by family.

Now, though, it is time to take her to a new family, introduce her to the other residents of the Throat. There are other foals there for her to play with, and he doubts she will be denied a home amidst the herd, even if the majority of inhabitants possess wings rather than horns. The right side of his muzzle brushes against her face, lightly as a butterfly wing, and he motions again down the faint path that will bring them to the desert. Lynx travels a few steps, then pauses to look back at Beauty, checking to see if she chooses to follow him.

Unregistered
It seemed the stallion enjoyed his home, nodding at her question. He seemed as confused about her history as she was. Lynx was a hidden jewel. Yes, his horn made people shutter and scamper away, yet his true personality was likable. He walked forward a couple of steps. Most likely wondering if she would follow or not. The young fae stops next to him, then stops and smiles at him in a goofy way.

"Are we going to see your home? What's it called? Whats it li--" She cut herself off. She would ask her questions separated. So it would be easier for him to answer. "Ly? Am I asking to many questions?' Her sweet and innocent voice echoed.

How was this stag muted? How long? Was he born muted? Where were his parents? Did he know them? Where they like hers? Questions circulated her young brain.

Her small legs blurred as she trotted his walking speed forward. Hoping he would come. "C'mon! I wanna see your home!" Was it a herd? To many questions. She stopped thinking about them and a blank expression crossed her face. Maybe this was her opportunity to start a new life. This is the only life you have so you have to co big or go home. Dreaming also is a good thing. She dreams of being held close by a family member. The warmth of their body keeping her from freezing.

Her nerves got jumbling up and she let a shrill out. A loud, melodious, yet powerful voice. She smiled at him. Green orbs most exotic as they looked at him. Silver horn reflecting the light.

Hidden Account
Shoikan

Lynx

The constant nodding is becoming repetitive, but he once again performs the gesture of assent to her when she asks if they are to head to the Throat. Then, moves side to side at her query of too many questions. Of course she is curious, and how else will she learn? It is a good practice anyway, learning to speak with motions and body language rather than words. Too many years spent in isolation have prevented him from developing such skills, and he will need them if he is to rejoin society.

The girl rushes ahead, and he follows at a more sedate pace. Then, knowing how eager she must be to reach a new home, he shifts into a rolling canter, racing past her as she lets loose a call of excitement. Nose stretches out to bump against her as he moves by, attempting to incite a game of tag. Having fun will make the distance seem shorter, and occupy the girl’s attention until they arrive at the desert. Then, hopefully someone with a voice will be able to help satisfy her inquisitive nature.

OOC: Shall we move them to the Throat?