pendulum [mandrake/sons, open]

Tajheri Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
   TAJHERI</style>
  i won't describe all the pain that i will bring upon you
look in my eyes, or did the shame destroy your vision
</style>

They had left him behind, but that was okay. That was perfectly fine, he did not care that they had all run like cowards. Tajheri had enjoyed the endless fight that he had been subjected to when they had all fled. He didn't care that his hide was littered with cuts and that his blood dripped from his pelt and stained the snow red. Even the cold did not bother him, it was invigorating and breathed life into his tired body. It numbed the pain which was the reason he was able to ignore it so effectively.

Over and over he told himself that he didn't care that they had left. That it was fine that he had been abandoned by them all. In reality he was furious and it showed in his eyes, which burned with barely contained anger. When he found them they would pay. All of them, even mother. How could she leave a son behind when she claimed she cared about them so much? The only thing that might have been even remotely true was that he had enjoyed fighting.

Tajheri snorted and sprayed blood onto the snow. The stallion ground his teeth together and pressed on through the trees, deeper into this new place. Were they even here? The answer was unknown but he would search for them and if they weren't here he would move on. He would not go back to Isilme to look for them again. He would not face those shades for a third time just to find the family that had left him behind. If they still happened to be there or happened to go back to finally look for him then they could all die and rot in that hellhole for all he cared.

Mandrake Posts: 53
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 15
Alex

Mandrake
I did not love in the way that kindly mothers did. It was complicated. Too complicated to explain easily. I liked watching my sons bring down the prey I alloted for them, I enjoyed watching them rise to great heights, and I lusted for power. But I did not want the power of a herd- just complete an utter control over my sons, which was more power than being a herd leader could ever get me. Ultimately, I just wanted my sons to succeed, which may be good. Or not. Even my skewed mind wasn't sure how to seperate that fine line between appeasing me and making their own choices. I'm just confusing myself now. I wasn't certain what had drawn me here to the Threshold either- maybe it was the sense one of my sons had returned. Yes, I decided, that was it.

Indeed, there he was. Tajheri. Scarred along the throat and jawline. Eyes a green of the sea. A sooty kind of buckskin. Covered in blood. My little warrior. Some fillies may call him handsome. I just call him my son. One of my nine sons- Archibald, Evers, Casimir, Vincent, Knox, Wilder, Emerson, and Kipp. Lately, I had only been seeing Archibald and Evers, occasionally Knox. Where were the rest of them? Back in Isilme, where the shades roam? Dead, more likely. Dead and gone. "Tajheri! Did the shades find you?" I growled, coming closer to the blood-stained body. I didn't want to drive him off, but I was no loving mommy who would embrace him with open arms. He should've left with me and my other sons! Idiot! He had almost been killed for it! All my work undone! "Why didn't you come with me and your brothers?" I snap, ears flattening. I wouldn't bite him, for pity's sake, covered in wounds as he is.

"C'mon darling. Let's go see your brothers and get you to a healer."

you know that idea about MORALS? i never had any.

Unregistered
   TAJHERI</style>
</style>

There was no mistaking the scent or presence of mother. He had seen some dams with their children, had seen the gentle way they fussed over them and heard the softly spoken words they spoke. There was none of that with Mandrake. Only harshly growled words and beatings. He took it all in stride, as did the rest of the brothers. He knew there was a reason she had done it and that it was to make them strong. They were all strong, but some of them were cowards.

Her voice caused the sooty stallion's ears to fall back against his head, and her question of why he had not run with them caused him to pull his lips back and bear his teeth. "Because I am no coward, mother." He ground out moments later. "You all ran from them. Cowards." He spat, not caring that she would grow angry at his disrespect. Let her hit him, he was already numbed to all feeling.

His tail lashed against his bloody hocks and he glared daggers at the mare that dared come to him when she had abandoned him before. "Darling?" He barked out a laugh. "Really mother, do you care so much?" Tajheri knew better. It was all for show.

Deceased
Alex

Mandrake
Insolent bitch! He forgets who made him so, who trained him, made him strong instead of a weakling! The sooty stallion pins his ears at me, and I give a bark of laughter. "You're an insolent bitch Tajheri, and you must've forgotten that you obey me!" I lunge forward, aiming to have my teeth snapping shut on the flesh of his injury-riddle neck. "Who taught you to fight? Who trained you? I did, Tajheri, and now you forget yourself. Apologize!" I snarl, steel ears pinned to my iron skull, death dripping off every word. "You're a fool and an stuck-up idiot whose forgotten his place! I suggest you come with me right now before I have my sons, your own brothers, kill you!"

I reach out again to give him a firm nip to his muzzle. If he doesn't back down now or very soon, I will have Archibald and Evers kill him. No loose ends allowed. "Brave of you to stay in Isilme, but it's game over. You're coming home with me, where you can prove your worth again." Savage gray eyes lock with green ones. He should know by now I have every intent of following through on my threats.

Unregistered
   TAJHERI</style>
</style>

Tajheri grinned despite being called a bitch. "Well then, mother." He said. "You would know all about being a bitch wouldn't you?" He was pushing all the wrong buttons and he knew it, but he was angry with her for running and leaving him behind. His head jerked back instinctively as her head shot forward, but the numbness kept him from feeling the bite she placed on his neck. His teeth snapped together in a sort of threat that he would bite back.

The stallion remained silent at her demand that he apologize. "I have nothing to apologize for." He said stubbornly. He stamped a hind hoof into the snow, causing a few more droplets of blood to drop from his hide and stain the snow. He still remained firmly silent when she threatened to have his brothers kill him. He knew by now that she was good on her threats, but he was feeling particularly stubborn. Blame it on the blood loss and the mind numbing cold.

She nipped at him again and he jerked his head back once more, so she would miss. "My worth." He snapped. "You know damn well what my worth is, mother." She taught him to be a machine. To kill in cold blood and not think of it. She knew damn well what he was worth and if she thought she could easily replace him she was mistaken.

Deceased
Alex

Mandrake
I watch as the blood-crusted stallion gives me a playful grin, that trouble-making grin I had singled him out for even with all my children. Yes, my children were obedient, but Tajheri never had been perfectly changed, still stubborn as a mule and just as annoying, hee-hawing at me and being a little rebellious. It was a change from Archibald and Evers, and I had to stop, force the stiffness out of my body. Of course he'll be an idiot. That's what Tajheri is, as much as I may have forgotten it in his times away. Yes, I'm a bitch, and I know it, but if you're going to lay down and let people walk over you, you're much worse than a bitch. "Yes, Taj, I know all about being a bitch, because if you're anything else horses just walk right over you, crush you under their hooves." He would have to try harder than that to make me angrier than I already am, although his words make me a little more pissed. I really have forgotten what an idiot and mule he can be at times.

I watched my bleeding son stamp his hoof, watch the shivering globules of red drop off his injured hide and hiss, steaming, into the snow, leaving exotic red trails behind it in the white. "Yes, Taj, I do know, as you put it, your 'damn worth'. Unfortunately, you've rather fallen. When you've been hiding in Isilme fighting shades, Archibald and Evers have risen to the positions of leader in the herds. You would do well to remember that. Maybe you can take over some other land in time, but for now, you're just one more son out of nine who will need to prove himself again." My voice is filled with sarcastic pity as I watch him, eyes intent on my buckskin colt. For really, compared to me, he is a colt, a youngling.

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi

"Taj...Heri?!"

Heated voices and familiar smells had brought the blue boy into the cross fire between his mother and his brother. Tajheri. How long had it been? Since he'd seen this scarred dolt who had a tongue almost identical to that of his mother which seemed to be the escalating problem right now. Maybe a better horse would interfere but a wiser one would keep his maw shut. Mandrake was still Mandrake, all of her sons would kill in cold blood should she ask it. There was no defying the power in her voice. He wondered if Archibald or Casi had felt their brothers presence, or maybe Wilder or Vincent. Their family was vast yet Evers barely saw them, apart from Archibald, who now led beside him.

He had come in as their mother was finishing off telling Taj about he and Archibald's rise to power and he now stood rather impishly between the two, dipping his head in greeting to Mandrake and looking curiously at his brother.

"I thought I heard you" there was a chuckle behind his tones as he resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

[sorry it's so short. If my internet will sit still so I can read the thread they should get longer :T]

Image Credits

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Like walking into a dream, so unlike what you've seen
Archibald pulled himself closer and closer to the Threshold, Loretta's pace keeping steady with his. As a warrior and as General Archibald frequented the Threshold in search of new members and now was Chief he was expected to basically live there. He thought it was almost pointless, he was the Warlord of the Foothills and Evers was the Diplomat--let the blue stallion heed the Threshold. Correlating with his thoughts, Archibald caught a glimpse of the blue trotting before him. Content Archibald followed him, feeling protective over the Campolina now more than ever after his run-in with the twin pegasi. They had threatened Evers' life and Archibald did not feel comfortable with that--he would kill anything that got in the way of his family's safety.

Two more scents hit Archibald and his ears twitched. Mandrake, Loretta said to Archibald and another. She finished, ending in a silent snarl. Archibald lifted his head and looked carefully at Mandrake before he turned his head again and laid eyes upon one of his brothers. Tajheri. Surprise flooded Archibald--he had though his brother was dead. Archibald had fought so hard against the shades and thought he had been the last in the family to leave Isilme. Obviously he was wrong. Tajheri was covered in blood--obviously something, whether it be the Shades or not, was still ruling the land the family once called home.

As Tajheri spat about the family being full of cowards Archibald's anger boiled. The massive beast took a step forward, pressing Loretta back with his mind, and flattened his ears against his head. "If you wish to stay on this earth any longer, Brother, you will silence your tongue." Archibald knew that Taj would not stop sputtering, but he could at least threaten him. Taj may not be afraid of Archibald, and they got along as brothers and generally more than tolerated each other's company, but when it came down to it Archibald knew that if he needed to he could silence Tajheri. Whether that silencing would not give Archibald cuts and bruises on his own hide was a different story--Tajheri was a fighter, a scrapper. Archibald, however, was a machine when he fought. When the brothers fought it was truly an epic thing--for they knew each strength and each weakness of the other.

Looking down at Tajheri Archibald made a short snort and shook out his mane. "You are a warrior of the Windtossed Foothills now, brother, if you are still loyal to this family." The behemoth waited for the reply, eyes and body collected and calm, holding a suffocating air of authority and power behind his rippling muscles and narrowed, emotionless eyes.

[Image: architable.jpg]
FiagaiStock.deviantart.com | arctichorse.deviantart.com | by: Imi

Unregistered
   TAJHERI</style>
</style>

Tajheri bit down hard on his tongue when his mother began to sing the praises of Archibald and Evers. So they had become leads. Who had she whored herself out to to ensure that it happened? "And?" Just because they were leading a herd now he was supposed to bow down to them? No, he didn't bow down to his brothers. Even when Evers finally arrived the sooty buckskin did nothing more than glare daggers at his oh, so wonderful brother.

Moments later Archibald arrived and began to threaten him. "Oh, what the fuck is this?" Taj snapped. "A family reunion. Bite my fucking ass, Archibald." He growled as he stamped his hoof into the ground again and sent more droplets of blood careening into the snow. It may have been foolish, but he was not scared of Archibald. His brother may have been bigger and able to pack more power into his hits, but he was faster and he fought with a fury that went unmatched in any of his other brothers.

The moment remained tense even after Archibald declared him a warrior of the Foothills. Tajheri rolled his eyes and snorted. "Kiss my ass." He grumbled before he began to shuffle through the snow. "Where are these Foothills. I want to see them for myself." He would not outwardly say he was loyal, but his decision to see the land hiss brothers were ruling now should have been enough for them.

Deceased
Alex

Mandrake
I watched in amusement as Evers and Archibald appeared, like silent ghosts arriving at my mute call for them. Yes, I am proud of my sons, but as for Tajheri... there is only annoyance. In a way, I love him for his sharp tongue- only he would dare to back-talk me. On the other hand, it's an inconvience and an annoyance. "And you should strive to achieve control just as they have successfully done." I answered for his question, knowing in full that chances are he would roll his eyes and mutter to himself.

"Archibald, be polite. He's your brother, as much as I appreciate your protection." I sigh, clucking my tongue. My red anger has stilled into ice, and even Tajheri knows when I'm quiet and sweet, I'm at my most dangerous. "The Foothills are to the west. If you don't come, darling, you officially declare yourself as against me." A threat sweet as sugar and as deadly as poison.

Hidden Account

It all deteriorated rather quickly, wasn't that always the way in this messed up family of theirs with Mandrake at the head. Tajheri knew who was in charge and Evers thought he should also know better not to wind her or Archibald up. The latter had just arrived with his ever faithful Loretta beside, growling her disapproval as always. An expression of exasperation imprinted itself of the face of the blue, was there no one who he could hold a perfectly normal conversation with?! Did everything always have to be done between baring teeth and threatening hooves. Surely not. Evers contemplated asking his mother to corrupt a more civil stallion in her next venture, so he may have a normal conversation for once.

"Your presence is needed in the Foothills, brother. Though try not to scare everyone away with your foul tongue" he faintly smiled at Tajheri and turned in the direction of the Foothills, wondering past Archibald as he did so and offered a brotherly greeting. He dearly hoped he didn't have to wait all day for them to follow him, arguing didn't really get them anywhere and he's rather be back in his own land. The blue turned his head and watched them with an inquiring face, as much as he found their squabbles annoying. Evers really was glad to have more of his brothers around him, it made him feel safer and reminded him of who he was. Or rather, who he belonged to. The blue didn't mind the chain like bond he shared with Mandrake, it made him feel like he was needed in the world.

Evers flicked his skinny tail and sighed. Idiots. The thought was comical, for he loved all his brothers.

Image Credits

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Like walking into a dream, so unlike what you've seen
Archibald lowered his head and pinned his ears back, a growl following from Loretta. Quickly and precisely, Archibald struck out. His jaws quickly snapped shut somewhere near Tajheri's shoulder, a bite not strong enough to break skin but enough to remind his brother to watch his tongue--Mandrake was supreme and her patience was growing thin. The dark knight re-positioned himself after his reminder and swung his tail behind him in an annoyed manner. "The Foothills are a great herd, equipped with a dauntless equine, an able unicorn, an a stormchasing pegasus leading them." Archibald snorted, eyes hard on his brother.

With Mandrake's command of politeness Archibald nearly rolled his eyes, his entire body wanting to smash Tajheri into the ground for the disrespect he spat at the matriarch. Sometimes Tajheri pulled on Archibald's anger and other times the knight truly enjoyed being around his brother, training with him and competing. This was one of the times where Archibald's anger was being ripped on, fueling his heart, hooves and tongue for a great lashing at the drop of Mandrake's word. Tajheri had never been the one to follow so closely to the silver mare like the other sons were. Taj was often running off on his own, getting hurt and running back to the family only to receive punishment at the teeth of Mandrake or the strength of another son--primarily Archibald. The Dauntless was a muscled puppet ready to do his mother's bidding without question, even against his own siblings.

Unlike Evers, Archibald did not feel love. The brute was a machine that ran on logic and obedience. Even in the absence of Mandrake Archibald had made decisions for the family that the mare would have commanded. His thinking was so closely linked to the mare's because of his colthood and her brainwashing, although Archibald knew it as nothing more than training and discipline.

[Image: architable.jpg]
FiagaiStock.deviantart.com | arctichorse.deviantart.com | by: Imi

Unregistered
   TAJHERI</style>
</style>

"Are you blind, mother?" Tajheri asked, rolling his green eyes at his mother. "I'm already walking that way." It was only dumb luck that he had been heading in the right direction, but Tajheri would say it was skill. His eyes never left his bigger brother, however. He knew when he was pushing Archibald's buttons and he knew that eventually his brother would snap and would try to attack him. That attack came more quickly than usual, probably because he had been insulting and back-talking their mother and not just his brothers.

The smokey stallion danced easily out of the way of Archibald's biting attack despite his cuts stretching and pulling in very uncomfortable and somewhat painful ways. "Slow as always, brother." Taj goaded the bigger stallion. His eyes held the same challenge they always did as he looked at his brother, and his lips curled into a somewhat mocking grin. His gaze fell down to the dog and he snorted, one of his forehooves striking the ground. The damned animal didn't scare him anymore than his brother did. Thanks to Mandrake Tajheri had no sense of fear and very little sense for pain. It was what made him such a good fighter. He would keep going until his heart stopped.

With a roll of his eyes, Tajheri looked away from Archibald and began to trot after Evers. "How long is this trip going to take?" He asked the blue roan, no longer concerned with his aging mother and muscle brained brother that took up for her.

Deceased
Alex

MANDRAKE
don't cross me, for your own safety

I watch, almost removed, as my sons bicker. Archi's so noble, so fueled by his strength and his ranking in life. But somehow he manages to keep his ways like mine, without any love. A true machine, a beautiful success on my part. Time to have him kill a few strays, by any means. As for Evers... same as always. More diplomatic. A more typical flaw of remaking and remodeling older horses rather than foals. I should remember that. In fact, perhaps I should quest for magic to fully erase or reform memories. It could be a powerful tool. Yet I find myself more tempted towards the path of voice control. True control, over any horse. Convienant, certainly. Soon as my position in the Foothills is secure, I will head to the Veins, entrusting my sons with their strength. My thoughts are distracted by Taj's sarcasm, Archibald's stiff movements.

I begin walking with them, ignoring them, partly listening to them. "Taj, serve your new herd well. Serve me well, my brave one." The words are colder, harder, taking on purpose. "Sooner or later, the name of Mandrake and her nine sons will be feared and admired throughout Helovia. I expect all of you to reinforce my rule and, in turn, have strength and the ability to carry out tasks when I may be wandering." I pause, letting the words sink in. "Recruit strong warriors here at the Threshold, even if they're mares. We can dispose of them once they have done their use." My form shifts into that of the panther, and despite the pain that comes with the transformation, I welcome my second skin. "I will call a meeting within a few days, or at a later date. All of you will be there." And then I melt into the forest.

Image Credit

Hidden Account

So cold were his siblings. Quick to hate slow to love, perfectly manipulated by a mastermind. The blue had tuned out of the remarks being passed between Archibald and Tajheri, it was not in his nature to get involved with such squabbles. It was a strange sort of security though, their voices so familiar even if they were throwing snide remarks at each other. A shadowed smile lay present on his lips as Mandrake spoke her last parting words, reminding them of their true task before shifting into her predator form and drifted into the woods. Only the sound of Taj's bouncing gait as he drew closer, Evers watching him thoughtfully before continuing his journey back. "Not long, a simple walk North" he assured his sooty brother before turning a look back at Archibald. His stout, powerful brother whose actions tended to speak louder than his words. Maybe that was the reason for the Able's existence, someone had to do the talking.

The blue, however, sincerely hoped they were not planning on bickering the whole way back, Evers was not prepared to act as the go between and was already planning an alternative route should it be necessary. No use being caught in a fight, he'd rather walk back by himself. The smaller brother sighed audibly "Coming Archibald?" He smiled and moved into a brisk trot, leaving them to their arguements should they wish to continue. Skinny tail held a little more higher, things were looking brighter in the horizon before them.

Image Credits