the Rift

predictability is key [paladin, open]

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

Courage, Loyalty, Honor</style>
  there's a brotherhood between us. if you're not ready to give up   everything you've already lost.</style>

Ktulu hoped, for once, that her father was as predictable as she liked to think he was. Upon giving up his throne in the Foothills she didn't think he would stay, and her assumption hadn't been proven wrong. So where would he go? The beach, of course. If he wasn't there she would have to regroup and think about where to look and hope that he hadn't left Helovia. But why would he leave? Where would he go? Isilme was riddled with undead monsters. Only someone with a death wish would go back.

The young mare sighed, her white tail waving beback and forth as the wind whipped wildly. Eytan whined and grumbled in protest, but Ktulu ignored it. "Focus, Eytan." She said to the bear moments later. "We're on a mission." The bear stared up intently at her before he looked down the beach again. "We're looking for my dad." She explained. "He looks like me."

Please be here. She thought desperately because she didn't know where else to look. Please be predictable.

CREDITS

Icon by Tay

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

PALADIN
The sound of iron shocks is stuck in my head

Crimson eyes gazed fixedly in the distance, not feeling the cool breeze through his pale hair or the misty spray of the waves against his face. The sense of nothing in his soul spread to his body, the hollow sensation widening like a gaping hole in his gut. Perhaps it would grow wide enough that his heart would fall to the sand beneath his hooves, and he would not care. Ebony ears tilted to the side as he watched the sun begin to fall beneath the horizon like the death of a mighty warrior into darkness. Charon would ferry the fiery soul across the river and into the realm of the dead before some sick turn of fate would rip it back out again to see the light of another day.

Was that how he felt? Like someone had ripped a dying sun from the losses and misery of war to fight again? And for what? His sons were gone, his daughters were old, and his youngest was already incredibly independent. Soleil's love kept him going, but someones, even that was not enough to fight the darkness that was threatening to rise in his soul. Too long had he denied his baser nature and the brutal teachings of his father, and he feared that he was starting to slip. Though this slippery slope did not lead to a mistake, it led to bloodshed and tragedy.

The bitter chill of night did not even make his body shiver, and the warrior stallion tilted an ear on instinct as shuffling in the sand and heavier steps revealed the oncoming of two others. One was smaller with padding steps like a bear or large cat, but the other was distinctly equine. Paladin did not bother to back more into the shadows of a rocky cliff, but instead, he stood, watching the horizon with emotionless eyes. A mirror image of himself made him pause, and he could not help but smile a little when her realized it was his eldest daughter (even if only by a few seconds).

Paladin nodded to her and then noticed that she had a bear with her. Everything was passing him by, it seemed, though he really only had himself to place. "I am predictable, aren't I," he rumbled deeply, feeling his heart thud dully in his chest. What cause was there now to fight for? No Tides called his honor, no loyalty tugged at his heart strings. He was misplaced, a relic from another age.

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

Courage, Loyalty, Honor</style>
  there's a brotherhood between us. if you're not ready to give up   everything you've already lost.</style>

"I am rather thankful that you are predictable." Ktulu said in response. "I wouldn't know where else to look for you." She trotted toward her mirror image, only slowing to a walk when she was a few paces away and stopping, finally, when they were almost touching. "Hello, daddy." She murmured as she touched her muzzle to her father's in a familiar and affectionate gesture. At her hooves, Eytan plopped down and watched intently, curious at the sudden change of his bonded's demeanor. But that was always the case when Ktulu was near her father. He gave her a sense of comfort that she longed for at times and found only with Ophelia and her son. He allowed her to take her guard down and be more than stoic and reserved.

"I would say I've been looking everywhere for you, but I haven't. This is the first place I decided to look." Paladin might not have liked or appreciated his predictability, but Ktulu did. "I've been meaning to talk to you for a while." Her gaze had shifted to the last remnants of the setting sun, but as she spoke she looked back at her father.

"I don't understand why you gave up your place as the leader of the Foothills. Were you not happy?" From as far back as she could remember he had been a glorious leader. He had been fair and just and had ruled with vision of equality that he had passed on, in a sense, to his daughter.

CREDITS

Icon by Tay