the Rift

Lost Little Lamb [Open]

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn
Bleating cries echoed over the snow. Weak, desperate. It would and could attract any predator lurking this deep into Frostfall. This was unknown to the tiny creature that stumbled and threw herself into the snow that surrounded her. White base spotted with hundreds of rust and cinnamon colored dots. Mane and tail short and fluffy in youth, barely weaned off her mother. So tiny for her age, barely able to walk through the snow that surrounded her minute form.

Blood welled up on the pretty pale surface of her skin, where hoof and tooth had painfully punished the babe for wishing to follow her mother. Every step hurt. Rattling coughs shook her; Nayati was born with bad lungs, and wet or cold seasons had her wheezing.

This only led to her panic attacks. Already she'd had one of them after her mother drove her far enough away to disappear forever. Pretty mahogany eyes, wide and full of fear, wildly swept the horizon. Where was her mother? Why had she chased her away? Where was she?

The cries grew louder as she wobbled dangerously to and fro, wailing for somebody- anybody- to come and be her savior. Everything seemed to be closing in on her, suffocating her, and little innocent tears soaked her cheeks. It hurt too much to move any longer and she let herself sprawl down into the snow. Turning it pink around her as she cried her tiny hurting heart out. Nayati was so very scared without her mother. She would take her back, she promised! Nayati would forgive her for hurting her again. Like she always did.

She just wanted to be found. It was terrifying to be so alone so young, to feel pain that she was used to. But it had never been this extreme when her mother punished her. Now, all she could feel was the aching and all she could think was that she must surely be dying with the agony so much worse in her easily stressed mind.

[[Still getting into her character. Preferably to be taken to the Edge or Foothills but anyone welcome! She'll probably need a healer]]

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: b_and_w_by_ladyfey-d5j1ndw.png]

SVETLANA
the StormChaser

Svetlana was alerted to the filly wandering through the Threshold by an immediate sense, a sense that had been buried under her warrior and diplomacy skills- a maternal sense. She had been walking. But she began to run. Hooves flashed through the snow, kicking up plumes of white powder, and still the Chieftess ran faster, galloping full-out, fear awakening in her. Who was crying out? Something was wrong! There must be a foal, and something must be happening to it! I was gasping, my lungs shuddering as I breathed in, legs aching from use- I was used to flying, not running. I skidded to a halt, panting, ears flicking wildly from side to side, trying to find the source of noise. I whipped my head, scanning the world, and leaped from a standstill into a gallop, towards the wailing sound.

I slowed to a trot, into a walk, and found the little bloody body. I don't think, I do. I bend my knees, nuzzling the little body, extending a black wing over the tiny body. "Sweetheart, you need to come with me. You're hurt. I promise I won't hurt you. Where are your parents?" Fear. And anger. Who had left their hoofprints on her delicate body?

Outcast
Cold. Cold everywhere. And still, she couldn't bring herself to move from her little prison of snow. Thin legs trembled and deep ruby brown eyes stared at the red that splashed up them in shock. Trying to focus only on them lest she have another panic attack.

Another sound soon came to her, pushing through the shock that enveloped her like a blanket and into her consciousness. Someone was running. To her? Had her mother returned? No...her mother would have approached from behind. Little desperate cries quieted as the other approached, eyes wide and scared. Would this newcomer hurt her, like her mother? What had she done so terribly wrong?

Gait slowed and approached, tiny head lifting as a worried face appeared. Kneeling down and extending- what was that? A wing? It was so beautiful, so warm as it wrapped her up where she lay in the snow. A wing. Only furthering what Nayati thought was an angel, her kind beautiful face surely belonging to an immortal being. Gentle nuzzles touched her hurting body, and Nayati wobbled to a halfway standing position. Leaning into the touches instinctively. It reminded her of when she'd first been born and her mother had urged her up to tiny hooves.

Soft, soft words they were as they touched her ears. Kinder than anything mother had spoken to her. "I promise I won't hurt you." It was a massive relief to Nayati's wounded heart that no more pain would be offered. Blinking slowly up at her angel when the divine being asked where her parents where. Thin legs trembling as she tried to continue holding herself up. Seeing that the angel was kneeling she did the same, sinking back down to the bloodied snow with a whine. Think. Think. Where were her parents? Shock was unkind to her but tiny muzzle twitched and opened.

"M-Momma...M-Momma hurt Nayati...Nayati no know what did wrong this time!" Voice quiet but with a sad and pleading tone. Her mind too young to know very many words. She'd never had the chance to learn. Always silent. Always hidden. Away from her father who wasn't her father. That was Nayati's life. "Momma hurt...tell Nayati bad things...must go way, I evil...but I always forgive Momma. Momma hurts Nayati lots...Won't let come with Momma anymore. Leaves." Many words that were surprisingly stuck in her vocabulary: evil, for that was what Nayati was. Forgive, for she always did. Go away, what her mother had screamed at her amidst profanities.

Trusting eyes turned to the angel. "Go with angel?" Remembering her first spoken words. Growing tired as a large gash on her flank continued to hurt and bleed. Laying little spotted head on the angel's shoulder.

where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Unregistered

SVETLANA
the StormChaser

I sighed, tightening my raven wing around her frail body, breathing softly on the filly's ears to warm the delicate thing, gently rub my muzzle against the girl's neck. Red anger, hot bloody red, fills me as the girl whimpers of her mother. A mother beating her child! Fucking mom deserves to die. I cannot believe this, a parent harming her own foal to try and drive her away! If I ever have a foal, I will treat it with all the kindness it deserves yet not let it get away with doing anything it wants. And how the little girl called me angel! It was sweet, but I was undeserving of such a title. Nayati must be the trembling filly's name. I feel warmth creeping through me as she lays her little head on my shoulder.

"Nayati's safe. Understand? You're safe." I speak, strongly and tenderly all at once, and get to my feet, still keeping one wing draped over her. "Nayati come with me. I make sure you're safe and warm. You'll have to walk, but it's not far." I promise her, and I have every intent to keep it, no matter what. I will make sure she lives a good life, with no more beating and no more injury. Ever.

Outcast
Warm breath rustled little ears, neck warmed by friction and soft exhalations as the angel looks after her so carefully. No words are spoken for a long time and Nayati is finding it hard to keep her eyes open. She's so very, very tired but cannot understand why. It had not been long since her last sleep. Everything around her seemed to whisper to her to let go and just fade into dreams, and Nayati was intent on following them. Sleep sounded very good right now, wrapped in the cloud of warmth that the angel's body was slowly giving off.

However sleep wasn't to be. The angel's words are insistent and draw her from her stupor. It isn't something Nayati wants to do but how can she do anything else? If the angel wants her awake, then who is she to deny her? Her words spark something deep in the little filly and she can only stare up into the beautiful mare's eyes with complete trust and gratitude. Words spoken with such conviction that Nayati believes them wholly and completely. She stands and Nayati follows, both to continue to linger in her warmth and because she longs to get away from all of this pain. Listening very carefully to her words and nodding. If the angel says it isn't far then she clearly speaks the truth. "Okay," and a tiny little smile pulls at her lips. Leopard spotted legs tremble where she stands, and they ache fiercely, but Nayati wants to be strong for the pretty winged female. Finally tilting her head, a little shy to ask the question that niggles at her mind.

Nayati was rarely allowed to ask questions of Mother, and so her ruby brown eyes are hesitant and downcast as she speaks. "You angel?" Was she correct in thinking that? She'd never seen one of course but the mare seemed to be one. Winged, kind, and so gentle whereas Mother had been cruel. She had to be a mythical creature! That was the only answer Nayati had. But surely the angel had a name?

Unregistered

SVETLANA
the StormChaser

"No, I'm not an angel, youngling. I'm Svetlana. I come from a place called the Foothills." I murmur, careful to keep pace with the fragile filly. The snow was soft, and cold, and too soon it would build up as they reached the open steppes before entering the forests at the bottom of the rocky mountains that stretched their peaks to the skies. I wished I knew who Nayati's mother was, just so I could beat her for all the pain she caused her daughter. Her mother did not deserve such a little one! It made my heart heavy, thinking of horses like that- I had heard rumours of Mandrake, a mare in my own herd, treating her young ones as such... hmm. Maybe I should check into her. No, I would not allow such a horse into my herdland, even if I had to fight Evers and Archibald myself.

"We'll be there quite soon." I say, frost exiting my lips as I speak. I fear for the very life of Nayati, for if night comes soon, I'm not sure she would even survive, even if I'm here to help her stay warm.

[ooc: if you want I can add her right away to Windtossed Foothills' foals and we can do a new thread in the foothills :D ]

Outcast
Nayati was a bit skeptical when Svetlana told her that no, she was not an angel. How could she not be? The little filly studied her carefully before finally deciding that she must be speaking the truth. How, she did not know, but perhaps she wasn't an angel after all. Instead trying out the name curiously. "Shv...sv..." finding herself struggling with the beginning of her name, little brows drawn together in concentration, trying to say it. Blowing air out in frustration. "Shvaylana?" Pouting and sniffling when she didn't get it right. Wondering if she would ever get it right. The syllables were a little difficult for her, the v especially.

The Foothills? What an interesting name. Nayati ponders this as she stays close to Svetlana's side. Her stride is much shorter, but she knows that stopping is not an option. She knows if she stops, it will be infinitely harder to get up again. Holding onto the words Svetlana spoke, that they would be there soon. If she keeps saying that in her mind, maybe the time will go by faster and she can rest once more. Svetlana is by her side keeping her warm, and Nayati keeps shyly looking up at her. Wondering why her life was changing so quickly. Why did all this have to happen? But it seemed so much better now that her mother was gone...was she bad for thinking that? All she remembered until now was pain and secrecy...the sudden change, having Svetlana care for her, was more than she could have ever imagined.

[[ooc: That would be great :D thank you!]]

Unregistered

SVETLANA
the StormChaser

I resisted the urge to laugh when the filly seemed to wonder if I was telling the truth, and her little head turned to study me. The little mouth seemed unable to pronounce my name, and it pulled a little chuckle from me when Nayati frowned and sniffled at her inability. "You can call me Lana. Lahh-nuh. I'm sure you'll get it soon." I nuzzle her head, already fond of this little girl, which surprises me. I had never thought of myself as maternal- I was rather too much of a warrior for that, even though I was skilled as a diplomat. In fact, it made me want to halt and carefully think it over. Was I going to take on Nayati myself? Yes, you are. My brain told me, and I gave a little snort. Crazy! That's what it was- crazy! I would have to be careful to balance my duties, but Nayati was already weaned. Surely I could find someone to babysit her while I was traveling.

As we walked, I kept an eye on her, and soon enough, we were exiting the Threshold into the plains. I paused, tightening my wing a little over her, bringing a bit closer to my flanks. "This is the hardest part, Nayati. As soon as we cross the open fields, we'll be in the herd, where it'll be warm. Alright sweetheart?" I ask, a little concerned. She must be exhausted.

[I can set up a thread in the Foothills next :D and we can continue there]

Outcast
[[ooc: Alrightie <'3 I'll jump on that as soon as its up! I love Svetlana~]]