the Rift

Not without purpose [Solstice/open]

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

[I've played it out as if d'Art poisoned her with some narcotic drug that makes her feel sleepy in order to take her from the Edge. It lasted until he reached the Steppe.]

The northern lights lit up the way as d'Artagnan led his prize back into the snowy mountains and the realms of the unicorn. It was small defiance and a reminder to the residents of their old land that the blood bay was planning on returning and they were foolish to dismiss him as such. The mare he had drugged and taken here was gold and white, hornless and now belonged to him. Although he wanted to make his point known simply keeping her would not suffice, he may rough her up a little and then send her back with a message of his own.

Although he didn't agree with Psyche picking up the lead, the shade would always serve the plague to the best of his abilities. Thus, he had completed one of the missions listed. d'Artagnan wanted the Crux to know that he wasn't a waste of time and he had his rank for a reason. He wondered if any of the others would turn up to view his little slave girl, she really was a sight to behold.

The Nightshade flicked his tail and shoulder barged into the mare, biting her left shoulder as he did. "Wake up!" His voice was harsh and he walked forward and turned to face her, the wind whipping his mane and snow flurried all around them.

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Solstice Posts: 93
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15 hh :: 8 (at time of death)
Emily
How the sleepy mare had been drugged she did not know. It had only been the work of the drugs that had indeed gotten the mother away from her home and children. Sleepy hazel eyes could see the northern lights and her frame could feel the cold air. The bite to her shoulder and yelling snapped her out of it. "Wake up!" Eyes widen in shock at first then pure anger. How dare he!? How had he.. She shook the fogginess from her mind and snapped forward with her teeth bared. "How dare you!" Clearly he had taken her away from everything she had known to the frozen outlands where she had no want of being in the middle of FrostFall.

She stared at him face to face for a while before speaking again. "Clearly you stole me from my children and family for a reason, so spill. Why have you gone through all the trouble of drugging me and bringing me out here." Her voice was icy cold, almost as cold as the weather around them. The snow flew around the bay stallion and the golden painted dove. If he thought he was going to have an easy time and beat her up for the Qian taking hold of the Edge.... Well he must not know who he was dealing with. After all she had taught Aaron most of what he knew.

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

The northern lights had served to captivate the shadow-mare since the unicorns' exile to the Steppe. A creature of darkness, she was one with the night, and she was transfixed by the beauty that lurked in its depths. Waves of green, blue, purple flickered constantly across the sky, blurring and shifting into new colors and shapes, never staying the same for more than a moment. Perhaps it was a kinship that she felt when she observed the lights - she was dark, and plain, and maybe even scary, as was the dark; but perhaps somewhere she, too, held an eerie beauty. Or perhaps it was just a weakling's dream.

She skirted quickly around an outcropping of rocks, sticking to their shadows. Out in the open, she stuck out like a sore thumb, even during the night. Especially with the dancing hues overhead. They lit the land much as the sun would during the day. Perhaps it was not so bright and vivid a light, but it was a light all the same, and she was not a creature of the light. She was not particularly worried about been seen, however, as these had become her lands. Or at least that was how she saw them. The circumstances were complicated, and she wasn't sure how she had ascended to leadership, but there you are. When you weren't asking for a thing, it simply fell at your feet; when you asked, it would be nowhere to be found.

A movement caught her amber gaze and held it. One figure was vaguely familiar, though she couldn't place it at this distance. The other was not. It seemed she wasn't the only one who saw fit to wander this night. As she approached, surprisingly fleet-footed in the drifted snow, a slow, malicious grin split her features. Her pleased, poisonous tones rang out strong under those beautiful lights, the contrast between sound and sight a grating discord. "Well, well, well... look what we have here." She nodded a greeting to the Doctor as she came into view.

She would not compliment him condescendingly as she might have another; his rank was higher than that and required more respect, even from her. Especially from her. His support of her reign was key, seeing as at least half of her followers were only called that half-heartedly. They no more trusted her than they would a complete outsider, as that was what she had become. But if she could win them over, starting with d'Artagnan, who may have some sway with others of the Plague, working on them one by one if need be, then she would have their support once more. And so she stayed back, leaving the leadership of this little situation in his capable hooves. He had gotten her this far - she would not interfere now.

[W/C | 472]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

An arrogant smile played about his mad lips as she screamed at him. Like a mouse caught in a trap. How pitiful. Brave some may say but the shade only saw her as foolish when she dared demand an answer off him, a merciless laughter boomed out as he watched her with zero sympathy. The snow whipping up in the wind and biting at his red fur, brushing dark grey mane into his eager morbid face. "Trouble?! My dear you were no trouble at all" his dual coloured pools scrutinized her, as if he was looking down on an inferior. The shade was about to continue when a familiar scent announced the arrival of Psyche. Perfect. d'Artagnan watched the dark form of the Crux materialize in the night, his face twisting into a cruel smile as he enjoyed the sound of her words. Maybe she wasn't all that bad after all, the Nightshade would still prefer Mauja but as long as the mare did not stray in her course, d'Artagnan would follow her in order to fulfil his own beliefs.

He proffered his head in respectful greeting before turning back to Solstice, looking at her thoughtfully. How long would he be able to hold the mare captive? Not long he guessed, word was sure to have reached the ears of the Dragon Heart now, if not soon. "I took you so your leader would know her lands are not safe as long as the rightful herd of the Edge still remains intact. She was a fool not to wipe us out..." He left it hanging there for a while, allowing time to gather what he needed to say and enjoy the moment and triumph.

You will remain here in this wasteland, where I can keep an eye on you. Once your harmless little family comes to get you, then you may return." d'Artagnan turned to Psyche then and looked at her curiously. "These Qian have not a shred of strength in them, either herd life has made them complacent or we put up a dire show when battling. Such weakness does not belong in the land of the Moon."

With that he turned back to Solstice, his weathered coat a welcome protection from the icy wind whilst intense pools watched his prize.

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!