the Rift

The Unknown Things (Lynx | Open)

Beauty Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Lynx had led their game of tag for a while, but now she tagged him and she was only slightly ahead of him. Beauty could see the yellow sand start. The trees and the smell filled her muzzle. Still galloping she turned her head and looked back. Unfortunately, her terrible coordination rang true. She tripped and fell. More like a roll. She sat on her rump. Sand blotching her onyx coat. The flicka stood up and shook. Sand flew everywhere.

She snickered then looked at the stag. His idea of tag was smart. She would never have thought of it. She reared. Tiny hooves kicking the air. Silver jewel starting to curve upwards. The lithe fae was hyper and ecstatic. She was finally going to see the stag's home. Desert. She knew that much of the place. She wasn't even sure what it was called.

She had a young profile, but she was still pleasant to be around. The filly could always keep a conversation going. It seems the little one always fell. Everywhere she went. Her clumsiness had gotten much better.

"This is it right? It's so pretty!" The looked around. Green orbs looking at the shape of the land. The Heart of Helovia's smoke could still be seen in the far faraway distance. They had run a lot. She enjoyed running so it wasn't to hard, but she wasn't sure if Ly liked running.

The onyx fae had a bubble of excitement pop. She actually had someone. She might have a home. She had a lot of things that she could have, but she just had to try to make them hers. She already loved life, but now she may have a family. What if Lynx could be her dad?

Lynx Posts: 73
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15 :: 5
Shoikan

Lynx
Hope and pray that you never need me, but rest assured I will not let you down.

The game had served as an effective distraction for the black filly running before him, keeping her amused the whole trip. Of course, he had also enjoyed the run, though he would never admit such a thing, despite the fact it had caused a dull ache to throb in his jaw where his horn grew through it. The discomfort was a constant companion, an awareness usually kept in the back of his mind, occasionally demanding his attention and shifting from irritation to pain. Used to the feeling, he focused his mind on the child in front of him, distracting his thoughts from the twisting spirals of annoyance.

She glances back, and suddenly is tumbling to the ground. Concern floods his being, but Beauty is rising again, unharmed by her fall onto the soft sand. A snigger drifts from her, presumably from her own clumsiness, and lifts herself on her hind legs in excitement. Convinced by her display that she had suffered no injuries, Lynx calms himself.

A nod and smile are the mute stallion’s only reply to her words, and he simply watches as she takes in her new surroundings. Tail swishes as he contemplates his actions. Of course he couldn’t have just left the filly alone in the woods, but is he truly ready to raise a foal? She had no one else, no family or friends, just him. It is daunting, more so than any opponent he has ever faced. At least Beauty is capable of looking after herself, instead of being completely dependant on him.

Eyes scan for Leander, or the mysterious Kri. Anyone who could formally accept his new ward into the herd.

Unregistered
The stag had come with her this far, how far until he got bored and left the fae? Everyone had left her already. She was strong, but social. The stallion showed concern for the filly as she tumbled to the ground. A smile and nod was her satisfying answer. That was all she needed to know. He must have a million questions to ask her, so she wanted him to somehow ask her. What did his voice even sound like?

"Who are you waiting for?" Soft voice left her black maw. "Or what are you waiting for?" The girl couldn't wait. She wanted to see his new home. Wanting to see his life. It seemed less pain surged through his body went the cold wasn't biting. "Does it hurt, Ly?" She liked his horn. She really did. It seemed slightly painful though.

Sand held onto her onyx-pearl coat. Emerald green orbs were happy and excited. Silver jewel was proud and elegant. Black hooves seemed strong and durable. Lynx was a dun stallion. His horn curving over his eye and into his cheek. Then came out of his mouth like an extra fang.. thing.

She thought of her mom momentarily. The white Arabian-Fresian mare had ditched her. Her mom had a black horn that didn't spiral forward. No. Her mom's horn had curved drastically. Like a coil. Slightly separated though. She never saw her dad. No idea what the stag looked like. Did Lynx know his parents? Did they blow him off also?

A pleasant warm ease had a grip on the desert. Comforting. More so than the cold and numbing snow. The sand kissing her tiny onyx hooves. Fluffy mane. Hadn't started growing.. growing.

Aisha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Aisha cantered along,quiet far away from the little foal and the stallion but her sharp eyes caught them. Aisha stopped her own bucking and playing around to watch the two horses frolicking around. A black filly. Pure black. Galloping around,enjoying herself. She reminded her of herself as a foal. Except she wasn't as care free. The older colts would often kick the younger ones,and it could really hurt if they got you just right. Perhaps they had taught her to defend herself? A vision of a chestnut colt sprung to mind. She remembered his cruel,heartless laughter as he kicked her and the fellow fillies and colts her age as the tryed to defend themselves. That chestnut,was truly cruel.

Her mind switched back to the two horses as she started her way towards them. She arched her head and set of at a brisk trot in there direction,letting out little bucks as she went. She just had to much energy to contain. As she got closer The stallions horn caught her eye. A black curved horn was pierced though his cheek and came down from the roof of his mouth. It looked painful. Well,I suppose you would get used to it. Now she turned her attention the to black filly. Green eyes peered from there sockets as her black coat engulfed the rest of her. They look the same. Except for the eyes. And the scar.

She was soon only meters away. She came to a dead halt,kicking of some snow from her back leg and peering at the two before letting out a greeting whinny. "Hello fellow horses,and foals." She nodded at the foal,her eyes catching the green eyes of the foal before looking up again,and pricking her ears. "I am Aisha. Rather new here." She watched the body movements of the two horse before her,looking for signs that they didn't mind her being there. She hoped they didn't. Being alone for to long worried her,but she never showed it. She held her head higher,taking a step forward. "And who might you two be? Father and foal? Or weary travelers?" She was curious about these to. She had seen quiet a few horses on her gallop but they didn't have a intriguing effect on her as these did. She cocked her head to one side,waiting for a replay.

Hidden Account
Shoikan

Lynx

How was he to answer now? It wasn’t like he could explain the system of acceptance to Beauty, not without speech. Fortunately, she became distracted by a new question, asking about his malformed horn. He nodded, though the pain triggered by their earlier run was slowly reverting back to mere discomfort. Not pleasant, but manageable. Familiar.

A distant form draws his attention, a black figure standing quietly. Then, whoever it was began trotting toward them. Not someone he knew, for the only other Throat residents he had met were pegasi, and the approaching horse does not appear to possess wings. Instead, a black horn emerges from her skull, marking her as a unicorn.

Uncertain of the lady’s intent, he shifts his stance from relaxed to wary. She looks remarkably like the filly, shaped from darkness, though a few minor differences are apparent. He steps forward, placing himself between the strange mare and the ebon girl he has taken in. She stops a short distance away, a friendly call escaping, and he allows a slight amount of tension to ease from his body. An introduction further soothes his nerves, and he dips his head in a greeting of his own.

More questions now. With a wry amusement he wonders why it is that everyone he meets feels the need to issue queries with complex answers, ones that he cannot easily convey with his mute condition. As to being father and foal, well he wasn’t sure how the ravenling had fitted him into her life. Friend, yes, but did she think of him as family? Answerless, he turns to the flicka, certain that her chatty personality will urge her to reply for the both of them.

Unregistered
He answered her question with a nod. Ouch. It must have been very painful. She enjoyed the company of the stag. Pleasant, but quiet. Didn't he wish to use his vocals? She thought for a moment. Quickly, her thoughts were dismantled as an onyx figure walked up.

Fuzzy and far, but the shape grew and sharpened. It was a unicorn. A mare unicorn. She shrilled when the fae walked towards them. Delight rained down on her. The mare had been a spitting image of Beauty. Everything black, but that exotic spark in the eye. Her eyes were blue and Beauty's were green. That being the only noticeable difference. "Hi!" Very bold yes, but that was her. She was always courageous and brave. "I am Beauty! I like your horn." The filly didn't have preferences when it came to horns. She loved everyone's horn. No matter how ugly they may seem. The stag had given her his answers in one mere gaze. "This is L--"[/b] She paused her self. She didn't want everyone calling him her nickname did she? "Lynx." She smiled. Leaving the father foal part out. She didn't know what to call them.

The mare was an older version of the filly, and everyone could see in the young one's eyes that that intrigued her. How could two horses look so alike? Did she come from the same place as her? Curiosity striking her heart in every direction. "Where are you from Aisha?" Curiosity got the best of her.. all the time. She wanted to know about the mare. Intent on hearing her words, she waited calmy..ish. She fidgeted slightly eager to know. Wanting to learn. An easy student to teach.

OOC: Sorry for the SUPER long wait! Schools got me hooked with mid-terms!

Aisha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Aisha realised what she had said. Of course he can't talk! Am I stupid of something? It would hurt like..I don't even know what it would hurt like-it would hurt that much. She flicked her tail and bowed slightly at him. "I am sorry. I realize how much it would hurt to talk now." She gazed into the stallions eyes hoping he would understand her mistake. I should really thing before I talk... She shifted her weight,taking in the filly's name. Beauty. Yes,she was. Her ebony body was strongly built,and her hoofs sturdy. She had no markings,not a scar. She was pure,and Aisha hoped she would never have to gain a scar in her life like she had.

She laughed noticing the weary eye of the stallion as he protectively placed himself in front of the foal. "Do not worry,I do not plan to hurt either of you." She laughed again,letting out a playful buck to show she meant no harm to either,as she had said.

Realizing her scar was not covered she dipped her head at a slight angle,making her forelock cover the scared eye and hoped the other two had not seen it. She then turned to the attention the filly's words. I like your horn. Yes,she was pure. Pure in her appearance,and pure in her mind. The kind statement flooded her mind with pride. She loved her horn but it wasn't as great as a lot of Unicorns horns. It was plan and simple-which she believed was the most beautiful of horns-not that she was vein when she thought this. She watched as the stallion turned to beauty,giving her a quick glance. Lynx. Yes,the name suited him well. She nodded,taking in the information,glancing at horse to foal.

Where are you from Aisha? She shuffled around,wondering how to answer the question. She had guessed the filly was curious about where she had come from,she was to,they were to similar to not be curious about each other but she didn't want to tell the foal about where she had come from. The smell of blood always lurked around the trees,hoofs always kicking,teeth always biting. Horses always dying. She went of into a day dream-but it was more of a nightmare-She had made one mistake in a battle and had been scared ever since. A sharp sting seemed to run though her scar-almost as though the hoofs were still pounding her. It was the one battle she had lost.

She flicked back to reality and didn't think before she spoke-she told them bluntly about her past home. "In my past home the horses were always fighting. The smell of blood and death was always there. And I have had my fair share of it. And you two?" She now purposely flicked her head to the other side to show her scar before flickig it back again to cover it. Expecting a eager replay from the filly as before. She chuckled to herself as the filly fidgeted about. Like herself,she couldn't stay still when she was her age. Now,she had lernt to control it a bit more.

OOC:Its ok:)

Hidden Account
Shoikan

Lynx

As expected, Beauty quickly takes the floor, answering Aisha’s questions and asking her own in return. The hint of a smile appears on his face as he observes the interaction, for the moment content in his role of speechless protector. He is confident that the black filly will gladly speak for him, or at least translate his motions and gestures.

Unexpectedly, Aisha bows and apologizes to him, grasping the fact he is without a voice. Their eyes meet, and he inclines his head slightly in forgiveness. Many did not understand his condition so quickly, their minds unable to imagine the pain that lances through his skull should he attempt to speak. To find one who does is refreshing, almost pleasant really, and he finds himself liking the raven lady.

She speaks of her past, troubled and violent, and shows off a scarred eye. Aisha is not so different from him, both victims of gruesome disfigurements, both warriors. His respect for her rises, even as he contemplates how to reveal something of his own past in answer to her query. How to convey the forced isolation, the way it felt to be considered a monster. His acceptance into a band whose main goal he had not shared. Unable to formulate a response, he just stands silently, a golden shadow, an afterthought to the conversation. The voiceless.

Ghayth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
OOC: Feel free to skip me. Beauty's being slow.. and hating me..