the Rift

But you're QUICKSAND [Earth God]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud

This isn't a trap

Phaedra repeated those words over and over, as she glided, uncertainly, high above the veins. For once, her resolve wasn't breaking, but still, she could not make herself land. She knew what she needed; a companion. After meeting Ophelia and Tinek, she knew. Her heart craved the relationships that she saw around her. Between members The Grey, between Ophelia and her sister, but even more strongly, between Ophelia and Tinek. They shared a mental bond, Phae was almost sure of it. That sort of relationship was something that over the past few days, Phae jealously coveted.

Subconciously, Phae wanted a companion for another reason. On the surface, she told herself that having a companion would give her added security - an extra set of eyes who could look out for her. But really, she wanted to look out for something. Deep down, she knew that truly caring for and being responsible for another life, would give her a reason to be less fearful.

Finally making up her mind, she brought her wings close to her sides and began her descent. She flew to the ground quickly, anxious to begin this process. A wave of confidence washed over her as she landed; she was fresh off a successful stealth of an amulet for The Grey. If she could do that...she could do this too. Hopefully.

"I see an audience with the God of the Earth She called in a strong voice. Then, realizing that this place was not just a free-for-all, she added, "Please."

[OOC: Phae would like a Secretary Bird as a companion (They look like this). If I get a lucky roll, just as a suggestion, I was thinking that her quest could involve seeking out others with companions/children to see how difficult being responsible for another life can really be. ]

HP: 45.5

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

A deep rumbling from the bowels of the earth alerted the small pegasus of the god's arrival. Like a tree from the ground, he erupted, the large, draft figure taking shape like a behemoth from the soil. However, the jovial expression on his kind face and the understanding in his green eyes were a comfort in contrast to his abrupt entrance and rather imposing size. After shaking the dust from his soft, feathered wings, the god leveled his gaze on the small pegasus, looking at her curiously.

"Greetings, little one," he rumbled, his voice like thunder. He smiled. The young mare almost mentally screamed that she wanted a companion to share her flight with, but he held his tongue and allowed her a chance to ask for her request. "What is it you seek?" he asked gently.

Deceased

As the ground broke before her, birthing the God of the Earth, Phaedra's mental clarity almost broke. She hadn't thought this far ahead - her plan had only involved getting herself here. Her instincts told her to take flight, to depart as quickly as she had come, and not to be so foolish. But there was a need, a yearning deep within her belly, which made her stand her ground. Besides, the rational part of her mind comforted her, there is no escaping now - and that was certainly true. The God towered over. As her gaze swept over his mountainous form, she quickly realized that while she may be fast, that he would be able to catch her based on size-alone, not to mention stamina, surely. Surprisingly as her mind must have known, this was reassuring. There was no chance of escape, and so nothing for her mind to be anxious over.

But what now? Do you bow to a God? Kneel? Should she bother introducing herself? Did he even care? Likely not - he was just getting to the point, and she would follow his direction. "I seek a companion. Someone to share the skies with, someone to watch over me...and to watch over." Her voice softened noticeably at the end. Being honest with a complete stranger, even a God, was one thing. But revealing her insecurities...that was still challenging.

Phaedra flicked an ear forward curiously. She found that she was shaking slightly, not out of cold or nervousness, but out of anticipation. This was a new feeling for Phae, who had lived so long running away. But now...now she had a purpose, that was all her own.

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

As the tiny mare trembled in front of him, he closed his massive wings closer to his body and watched her closely, trying to minimize his size (which did not work well). She was right in thinking that he could catch her; he could snatch her from the skies with water and pull her straight back to him. Had she chosen to flee, he would have let her go; he had no need to display his divine strength or powers.

When she asked for a companion, the god smiled softly and thought about how to best allow her to earn such a gift. The bond between the two creatures was a beautiful connection that could never be broken, and the mare needed to understand her responsibility. "Birdsong fast approaches, little one," he hummed quietly. "Since the bond between a companion is like a bond of love, you must find love yourself or introduce two other who shall fall in love. You have until the end of birdsong to complete your quest."

Deceased

Phaedra faltered at the kind God's words. Love? That was certainly unexpected. Of course she could see the justification in making that a pre-requisite but...How the hell am I supposed to do this?. It would not be her who fell in love, of that she was certain. The thought had never even crossed her mind. But to pair love in two others? That not only meant understanding what it meant to love, picking out two compatible candidates, and developing enough of a trusting bond between herself and them, that they would trust her intuitions.

This was going to be hard. Mayhap even impossible. But she would try. She was changing - had she not stollen an amulet recently? Maybe she could do this as well. Her eyes met those of the God. "I will do as you ask"

Phae nodded politely, curling her soft muzzle until it touched her shoulder. She felt slightly enamoured in the God's presence, but she supposed that was natural. "I shall return, once I have completed my quest. Thank you" for believing in me...

Phae turned on her haunches, and sprung into a canter for a few steps, then pushing up from the ground once she had enough momentum to attain lift. As she felt the cool current's under her wings, she felt refreshed; exhilarated. It was time to begin.

[OOC: Just a quick question - are we talking romantic love, here? And the two character's CANNOT previously have met?]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
[OOC: Yes, romantic love, but they do not have to stay together if it's a fling; also, two new characters that have either not met or have not had more than a few threads together ]