the Rift

To be Like The Family [Moon Goddess]

Azale Moniet Posts: 49
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 3 Years Buff: NOVICE
Emily
With her mother disappearing seemingly stolen away in the night by those who did not like the Qian, the young filly took action. She went to the one place she knew that could help. She knew of both her brother and mother's magic gifts, and she longed for one of her own. It was with that idea in mind that she set out for the Vein of the Gods. She didn't even wait to tell anyone where she had gone to, just up and left the moment the idea came to her.

The trip was long, and her belly rumbled hungrily as Azale had not tasted the warm milk of her mother for two days now. She had tried to nibble at the brown grasses her mother and brother ate, but they seemed to do nothing to ease her hunger. As she reached the rocky land bridge, the young pegasus tucked the wings she had yet to learn how to use in tight for fear the wind would pick her up and carry her away. She came seeking the Goddess of her home, the Goddess of the Moon. Softly the little filly called out "Miss Goddess of the Moon, please hear me. I need to ask you something" She closed her orange eyes, praying that she was answered. If not it would be a lonely and cold walk home.

OOC: Azale is asking to quest for magic - PYROCHLASMA :: WindxFire :: Ability to release a wave of fast superheated air that burns body and lungs.

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

Heavy mist began to envelope the shrine and the surrounding area where the young filly stood after having called out to the Goddess of the Moon. Her form began to solidify behind the thick veil of mist, leaving just her silhouette visible to the foal. There was a rustling as she shifted her wings, her feathers rubbing against her purple hide as she moved closer.

"What is you you need to ask, child?" She spoke, her voice merely a whisper carried by the wind to the foal's ears. "Speak quickly."

Deceased
Emily
Trembling the filly watched as the Goddess of her home arrived. The mist that surrounded the area was thick mist, and only the shape of the Goddess could be seen. Orange eyes watched as the beautiful Goddess moved closer. A mere whisper of words seemingly brought to her by the wind. 'What is you you need to ask, child? Speak quickly.' So quickly the little filly spoke her question. "I come from a family who seem to hold fire magic, and I wish to be able to help protect them as they protect me. I wish do whatever you wish of me to earn the power to make a wave of fast really hot air that burns body and lungs." It was a strange request from one so young, but she longed to help her family instead of feeling so powerless to protect them.

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The Moon Goddess listened, but now without mugging a face, at the knowledge that the child's family held fire magic. Thankfully she was hidden behind the veil of mist and the face she pulled went unseen by the child. "Why would a child so young wish for magic that would greatly injure another?" She questioned. "Are you prepared to be a killer?" No, she didn't think so, but then again children tended to be surprising.

Deceased
Emily
The filly did not think to mention that the fire magic was mixed with other elements of magic, but it did not matter. The Goddess, still hidden behind her mist spoke two questions that needed to be answered. Why did she wish for such a magic, and was she ready to become a killer.... Moniet had not thought of it that way. She stood there in silence for a moment before speaking. "Because I am small, and my life has already been threatened by one who did not like the fact I was not wingless like him. My brother has told me there are others out there like that stallion and I do not want my family to worry for my safety."

She fell silent again, her young mind still thinking over her answer to the second question. To her, this one was more serious... Was she really ready to take another's life. "No, but as others seem ready to take mine for just the sight of wings on my back I want to be able to protect myself.... Even if that means taking the life of one who is trying to take mine.." With this said the pale filly fell silent again waiting on the Goddess's decision.

Helovian Ancient
Admin

"You don't know what you truly want, child." The Goddess murmured as she stared down at the foal through the veil of mist that surrounded her. The Goddess could snort in a very unladylike fashion at the reasoning. Every foal was small and there would always be someone out there trying to hurt someone else. But for one so small, so young and innocent, to want magic that could kill someone .... this foal certainly spoke big game, but the Moon Goddess was unsure if she could deliver. She did not want to waste her time or her magic on someone that could not or would not use the magic to its potential.

"If you are not ready to take someone's life then why quest for magic to do that very thing?" Finally the veil of mist dissipated and the Moon Goddess stepped forward. "If you want the power you seek then you will have to kill. You will go to two of the herd lands and you will kill two animal in each of them. Then you will go to four of the outlying lands and you will kill three animals from each of them. Bring back their lifeless bodies and I will give you what you wish, but these animals must be in the prime of their lives. I will not accept any animal that was plagued by sickness or weakness. No mercy kills, child. And no help."

Deceased
Emily
The filly frowned as the Goddess said she did not want what she asked for. However she was not prepared for what the Goddess said next. So many animal she had to kill, so many lives she had to take on her own. The other danger would be crossing into herdlands that were not her own. Would others be so accepting of her double wings? She listened quietly as the Goddess said she was to have no help as well. She nodded and softly replied. "Thank you, I will not let you down." With that she simply turned and began to exit to the wilds. She needed to get started and the sooner the better.