Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan
Once upon a time there was a man
With his eyes towards the moon
And he wonder to himself:
"Will love come soon?"

The winter was coming to an end. Slowly but surely the stars turned in the sky, allowing the reign of cold and dark to shorten. For each morning the sun rose earlier, the night came later, and the bite of frost in the air lessened. It was a fickle time of year, between radiant days basking in sunlight and violent snowstorms, as if nature couldn't quite decide whether it really wanted to change.

The path he walked was slippery, slick with half-melted snow upon newborn land. If it hadn't been for the luminescent veins surrounding the trail he would surely have gone astray in the storm, blinded as he were by the whipping wind and stinging shards of ice within it.
He never expected the trip to the Veins to be easy. It would be presumptuous to assume that the Gods were easily reached, that it was allowed to simply come waltzing in on their shrines without purpose. It was because of that reasoning he chose to save his visits for times when he really knew what to say, what to ask or thank for.

And he had much to thank for this time.

With the warmth of the white dragon pressed against his back, the cold-draped silver knight approached the shrines of Helovia's protectors, bowed respectfully to all three and closed his eyes, relaxed and in a good mood despite the storm that howled around him.

"I greet you, honorable lords and lady. I stand before you once again, to offer my thank you. Surely I must have been blessed, because so many good things have come my way as of late. No longer do I need to wander from land to land, lost and despairing. I've been accepted, taken in as a friend and confidante of someone, given a home and a family. It certainly feels a bit strange, but for every day that passes I grow more and more fond of my new comrades."

A smile tugged at his lips, the lids parting to regard the holy shrines through the haze - seeing, but mind turned inwards to the faces of Qian and friends from other places.

"The only cloud on the horizon is the constant threat of the former inhabitants of the World's Edge. A group of outcast unicorns remain hostile to us, but I think of it as a price we must pay for the crime of bringing war and strife to this land. I have no doubt that the matter will be resolved in due time, one way or another; by the ousting of the Qian or the scattering of the outcasts. I wish it wasn't necessary. I wish this small measure of peace could last, but no matter where I've gone in this world there has always been conflicts, open or brewing beneath a surface of prosperity. Is it really all our races can accomplish, to battle and squabble over unimportant things?"

A faint sigh slipped from the inky maw at the thought, lithe in face of the howling winds but caused by heavy thoughts. Lace shifted, feeling the claws of the dragon as she held on to his back.

"It seems not only mortals struggle to agree with one another, however" he continued, somewhat daunted over revealing his thoughts on this particular matter - but hey, he was here to pray, right? Might as well speak his mind on all matters that concerned him.
"The winter has been cold. I think I speak for all of us when I say I long for spring to come. I also hope that the lord of Sun will return to his shrine soon, and that he may be forgiven for his actions in the past. I know only little of the events that transpired, even though I myself have been marked by them - the aftermath, no doubt..." Here the equine trailed off, voice consumed by deep thoughts of matters that may or may not be of his concern. He would remains as such for a while, quiet and thoughtful, a mortal standing tall and enduring as the rage of winter whipped the landscape.

Should no answer come, no sign of the Gods appear to pick up the threads of conversation, he would speak for a while longer of small events within the herd before eventually leaving. Content, for he had no desire for power, fortune or companionship. He already had that, more than he had ever hoped for, and the only thing he could offer was the touch of a mortal to perform eventual tasks a divine one didn't have time for.

If required, he would do so willingly, no matter who asked.

[Lace just wants to pray and perhaps receive a quest, if he can be of use somehow]

Image Credit
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

What could Lace possibly want? He already had a companion and as far as the Earth God had seen the stallion had no desire for the power that drove most mortals to seek them out because he already had magic. He stepped from behind his shrine and slowly walked down the path toward the silver stallion, his expression carefully neutral so as to not give away his confusion.

"Greetings Lace and Fajira." The Earth God rumbled in his deep voice. "I hear your concerns and I understand them, but in all of my existence I have not seen mortals coexist for long without starting war. Mortals are not alone in that observation, however, as you well know from my brother's actions." What was Lace getting at? Would he ask that the forest of the Edge be protected against the unicorns that had lived there before they had been thrown out?

"What do you seek, Lace?" The God asked at last.

"Will love come soon?"

The appearance of the God was quiet and unremarkable, and that in itself surprised the stallion more than the very fact that his words had been payed attention to. Last time he visited this place his plea had gone unnoticed, and while he didn't mind it the timing made him rather curious. What kind of gods ignored a plea for help but showed up when no desires tugged at his heard?

He bowed respectfully once more when faced with the Father of Earth, golden eyes curiously studying the Immortal under the cover of pale lashes. It was the second time he saw the shape of the impressive stallion, but he felt the same awe as he had done the first, the same sensation of shrinking in both size and importance in the world. The green eyes were kind enough but seemed a bit distant, like the deep rumbling voice and offered words were distant and almost guarded.

They puzzled him. What he sought? As far as he knew the stallion didn't seek anything. The things that were left to do within the Edge were matters he was quite capable of handling, together with Mirage and the rest of the Qian. It was nothing to trouble the gods with, and if so the Lady Luna would have to be consulted seeing as she was the protector of that particular area.
A cobwebbed head tilted slightly in thought as the equine searched within, but turned to look to the dragon on his back as she sat up and warbled softly, filling his mind with suggestion. Here they were, faced with a God that didn't seem entirely averse to granting a request, and he was about to throw it all away?

But I do not wish for anything, Fajira. If it's like that, why don't you make a request yourself?

The dragon snorted, pinched his skin with a claw in a bout of temperament and then slipped down from the back and onto the ground, using the wings to slow the fall. Her tiny frame almost disappeared beside the large God, barely visible against the white blizzard. Despite that her confidence remained secure, her eyes comfortable in her own worth and strength as she gazed up onto the Deity, mental voice enhanced with chirps and warbles. Surely a God would understand the draconian tongue.

"Colors are everywhere in the world" she trilled, utterly serious in her intention of making use of the situation. "The force that resides in the soul of some also have color, but ones unseen to eyes like ours. If there exists a means to view those, could You tell us where to find it?"

Lace listened with a raised brow at the question, not even aware that his bonded wished for such a thing. For all that their minds were linked, she sometimes surprised him immensely by holding desires and dreams to herself. He shrugged, returning the attention to Father Earth.

"What she said. If there's anything we can do for you in return of such information, we'll be happy to assist" he said, ignoring Fajira's silent protest. Of course they couldn't expect to receive anything without giving something in return - and the quest of one was the quest of the other. Such was the nature of the bond; everything was shared.

[She wants an item that can detect magical presence within a character. ]
Image Credit
The Store | The Warden

Helovian Ancient
Admin
[Companions cannot possess items. For something like this Lace would have to want it and wear/control it.]

Edit: Admin are also discussing if an item such as this is possible.

(Lace would be the one wanting/wearing/controling it - Fajira is only the one voicing the want. Do feel free to deny them the request; if it's not possible to get such an item, I'd like to have his wood-manipulation magic upgraded to include all plants, not just trees and bushes. Not receiving anything is alright too - it'd be character building. ^^ Ultimately, simply talking to the Earth God is plenty already.)
The Store | The Warden

Helovian Ancient
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

[The item can happen, so long as lace is the one using it.]

The Earth God too was surprised by the dragon, not accustomed to dealing with companions. A gentle laugh rocked his frame in the moments following the shocked silence by he and Lace. The rumble was like a mountain slowly collapsing into an avalanche.

"Where such exists I cannot know, but I can make this for you. I will need some assistance though..." he glanced at Lace and Fajira in turn, contemplative. The Crafter would be well versed on gathering resources so perhaps this would not be too hard a task.

"I will give you one of each type of amulet to store the magic I will need. These will not shatter, as others might, but will not work for you as others would, they are but vessels." He explained, stomping his hoof in time which his voice, each tremble of the earth producing a crack where a flower rose with an amulet wrapped in its petals. All bore chains for the stallion to easily tie or wear them. "This can work two ways... store in each amulet an element by each of the four gods here, or, store in each 4 different manners of magic: one that does physical damage, one that does mental damage, one that heals physical damage and one that heals mental damage."

"Bring them to me when all four are full and I should have the other supplies by then."

"Will love come soon?"

The offer to create the mentioned item stunned the stallion. At most he had expected a long and arduous journey to foreign lands where he may and may not find what Fajira had suggested; he'd never expected the noble Immortal to offer them such a deal. Half embarrassed to ask for something he wasn't even sure he needed and half humbled by the kindness of the Earth God, he could but listen in silence as the God brought forth four amulets and explained how each of them had to be filled with magic.

Lace nodded that he understood, and watched as Fajira carefully collected them from the plants they had sprung from and brought them over to him. Two she slipped over his neck to rest against the chest, and the other two she braided into his mane to sit beside the amulet of the Time God he had received some time ago.

When Father Earth had finished speaking, the Glazier dipped the head deep in respect for the generosity of the Deity.
"Thank you. My lord, you are more generous than we deserve" he said. "I will do as you say - and should you ever be in need of aid for any other task, we are more than willing to help you, in whatever way. I look forward to our next meeting."
Honest and meaning every word, despite that they may sound cheesy or empty, the horse and his dragon backed off a few steps and then turned to leave, mind already contemplating the task ahead.

Image Credit
The Store | The Warden