the Rift

The Tree Of Knowledge, Forbidden [Plague(?)]

Zikar-Sin Posts: 78
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 8
M.E.

....Did that hurt you...?

The snow had begun falling earlier that day; sheets of the silvery, powdery cold had fallen all during the sunlight's hour, blanketing the landscape in an empty canvas of white. The wind blew bitter and vengeful; the snow stuck and clung to the frozen earth and the quaking boughs of the naked trees. The invisible cloud that brought forth this unforgiving vista clung to the skies above for the duration of the day, mocking the Banished Sun God's domain by blotting out warm rays of hope. The cloud was ever so cheeky, for as the sun began to make its decent, the cloud dissipated-- so that by the time the sky was inky black and adorned with its cloak of diamonds, the sky was clear and blemish free, moon-less; it was a perfect night to survey the heavens, if one so wished.

Nature is cruel to his subjects, and the fickle nature of the cosmos is liable to damn the most innocent of souls. Such was the fate of the robin fledgling that sat at the dappled-one's hooves. The poor bird was old enough for flight, his wing feathers having come in nicely; however, the fledgling lacked the experience and caution to survive the winter storm unscathed. His bones were brittle, as was characteristic of his kind. The storm proved powerful enough to break them, snapping the wing as easily as Sin might snap a fallen branch with his hoof.

How interesting.

Ice-blue eyes watched the protesting fledgling closely, observing the bird's awkward movement and jerky reflexes. Sin had never encountered a sky creature confined to the earth before, and he found this instance immensely interesting. The wing was broken; that was their mechanism for flight, then? How could something so fragile imbue such a sought-after ability as flight? And was there any way to fix this appendage to restore that ability? Was there any way of stealing this ability?

Sin snorted, his warm breath ruffling the annoyed fledgling's feathers; he took a moment to fully enjoy the effect. Inching a cloven hoof toward the tiny bird, he carefully trapped the broken wing-tip to the ground, forcing a garbled TWEET to emit from the injured bird. Sin tried to keep the pressure light to avoid further fracture of the bird's wing-- but it was in vain, as he heard the unmistakable snick, crick-crick POP of snapping bones. Very brittle bones, he surmised.

Dragging the wing-tip through the snow with his hoof, Sin stretched the wing taut, ignoring the bird's strangled cries and awkward fluttering for freedom. His eyes were opened wide, and stared like glassy orbs as he observed the shape of the wing. Was the secret of flight etched into the curves of the primary feather; buried in the depths of the secondaries? Sin's mind was a-whorl.

My, but what an exciting pass-time Science was!

...Forgive Me...

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
[Image: darttable2.png]

d'ARTAGNAN the NIGHTSHADE

Snow turned to mud and d'Artagnan soon found himself wandering through the Threshold, cold flakes melting as they hit his red body leaving only the faintest of touches before turning to liquid. The dead trees were heavy with dripping water, giving the shade a shower for good measure. The cold rivulets slid down his mane and tail, making them clumpy and heavy. He was moody and dishevelled when he finally came across the unicorn mercilessly standing on a baby bird. The Nightshade watched from a distance whilst the boy laid a hoof on the already struggling chick and continued to drag it through the snow, dual coloured eyes watching in morbid fascination. Whatever floats your boat I suppose the thought was echoed with a low chuckle, making his presence known to the stranger before him.

"You stepped on something brother" the merlot steed laughed and nodded at the ram horned one and then to the struggling bird. He shook his mane, flicking the heavy water from it, glass horns reflecting different colours as he did so. It was then the shade looked at dappled boy properly, noting the matted hair that grew even along his back, the leonine tail and ice pools. He was a grand stamp of a unicorn and the indifferent view he showed to the bird he was crushing was simply marvellous. Rare indeed, to find one so devoid of natural feeling.

The Nightshade stood, at least a hand taller than the other, and waited to see how his kin would react. Had he finally found another possible prospect to follow their path for supremacy. Did this one understand the feeling of hate and what would he do in the face of it? Lobes stood erect with keen interest, wondering idly if he was going to let the chick go. Or put an end to its misery.

h e l l can't handle all of us

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

Stars sparkled upon the mare as she shifted her form, sleepy golden eyes appearing as dark purple lids fluttered open. A yawn escaped the mouth of Irrydae as she pulled her wings in, a quick burst of winter wind slicing through her. She gritted her teeth and ducked her head before pressing her brushed gold hooves into the soft moss below her. She lifted herself, crania bumping the low hanging branches of the tree. Brittle wind pushed against her as she pulled herself out from underneath the tree, whistling in her audits.

Irry rubbed her maw against her front leg, stretching the muscles in her slender body. She flicked out her wings, watching the twinkling stars for a second before moving on from where she had hunkered down last night. She didn't know where she was going or what she was looking for, but she might as well try.

Her heart thundered in her chest like a steady drum, a slight hum in her ears. Irry tried to close out the cold, remembering the days where he mother would call her over and curl up with her, keeping her warm. Irry shook her head, dropping it slightly as she clenched her teeth. She had to stop clinging to the thought of her mother- it was devouring her little by little inside. The voice of her mother rung slightly in her ears, and Irrydae tried to focus on the beat of her heart. A faint shriek, not from a horse but from a... bird? Irry stops, ears pricked forward as she finds herself in the threshold again as she weaves through the trees. 'You stepped on something brother,' the voice following with a laugh. Irry appeared through the trees, looking at the two unicorn stags. The grey dapple one has a small robin pinned down, broken wing, by his hoof, dragging it across the snow. "Stop! Stop! What the hell do you think you're doing?! Let it go! Do you have no emotion inside you whatsoever?" Irrydae sputtered, angered to no end, holding her tongue from insulting him. Coldness fills her eyes as she watches the two, her own wings unfurled and raised slightly. She pulls them in tightly, hiding most of the stars upon her body.

[ooc; heh, irrydae is mad if you can't tell xD]

irrydae,

image credits

Hidden Account
M.E.

Sin snorted again, taking in the robin's scent as the bird continued to struggle against its restraint. He watched with rapt attention as the bird's body twisted around the trapped appendage, and wondered vaguely if the creature was willing to break off its own wing in order to win freedom. Should he apply more pressure to test this theory? Is freedom that much more valuable than the power of flight? Wasn't flight considered freedom in itself? Sin's thoughts were whirling furiously, but decided against the thought of crushing the wing completely. It was contradictory to his earlier line of study, and he strove to keep his focus.

"You stepped on something brother."

Sin looked up briefly with eyes full of vacant, pleasant interest, catching a glimpse of a rust-coated stallion watching his endeavors, before turning his gaze back to the experiment before him. He released a soft, distracted sort of chuckle. "So I have," he said, murmuring more to himself than the stud before him, "So tiny, so brittle, I guess I applied too much weight against the bone? Weak little things they are...but I hope not to fracture it more. It ruins the research, see. Hopefully it won't die before I'm finished...studying..." He gently pulled the wing toward himself, using his cloven hoof as delicately as he could without releasing his catch. The bird exploded in a series of violent chirps, and fluttered in a much more frantic nature. He studied the robin's reaction with glazed eyes. "I wonder...such a light, fragile thing, how can it...imbue flight..." His speech was soft and garbled in a sing-song of random thoughts that happened to cross his mind, quite forgetting he was in the presence of a guest.

With a jolt, he came back to his senses and remembered his manners. "I do apologize, sir," he said, his tones warm and so appropriately contrite, "I never meant to be so rude, I just..have a passion for the pursuit of knowledge, see," he said, giving a slight chuckle. He took a closer look at the stud, lifting his head slightly to study the rust-brute's glassy horns and ebony locks, the look of an overt ruffian adorning his face and body language. Sin's eyes were alight with evident interest as he looked over the stallion. "I am called Zikar-Sin," he said formally, straightening himself up (making sure not to set his subject free) and inclining his head slightly in respect. He enjoyed meeting new people, and was quite sure that this particular stud was someone worth getting to know. "I hope I'm not intruding on your own personal territor-"

"Stop! Stop! What the hell do you think you're doing?! Let it go! Do you have no emotion inside you whatsoever?"

Sin snorted in shock and shifted his weight, startled at the venom-filled voice coming ever closer. He cringed as he heard the sound of even more snapping bones (crik crik CRACKK Pop) and adjusted his footing, trying to preserve as much of the wing as he could. Damn.So much for keeping the specimen intact. Any more of this would probably kill it.

"Excuse me," he called out to the form that rapidly approached, the one who was making such a racket, "Could you please keep it down? I'm trying to conduct an experiment and you're...you're inter...interfering..." Sin's voice trailed away into the still air, his icy eyes bugging as he beheld the approaching filly. The glare like frozen daggers, the agitated energy to her body, the evident horror that emanated in her voice-- all of it was lost on one as Sin. He couldn't register these things as something worth noting; he saw these things, yes, and he heard them as well, but they passed his field of scrutiny unjudged and unaccounted for. Nor was he one to fall for the beauteous charms of a mare, for he was well past that kind of desire. No, something else entirely caught his interest.

Something else.

"Those wings," he said hoarsely under his breath, watching as the filly's appendages lifted and fluttered in her anger, "They....they're so..." he couldn't finish his sentence, because once again his mind was a fury of thoughts. How did they grow? Did they also contain the power of flight? How much did this filly weigh, and did it affect her flight pattern? Were her bones as breakable as this robin's? And if so, how did her legs sustain her weight? Sin strove to be a polite and pleasant individual, and so would have kicked himself if he could see the unadulterated greed that permeated his features as he stared, glassy-eyed, at the filly's wings.

He looked down at the robin-- who now fluttered halfheartedly against his hoof-- and lifted his gaze back to the filly and her marvelous, fantastical, mysterious wings. His intention and deepest wish was etched in every facet of his body.

(ooc: whoa, long post o.o Pretty much twice the replying power so...yeah...*awkward*)

...Forgive Me...

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

Tor's inner radar was screaming pain at her. Something was in pain. Something close, something near, something that did not deserve it, nor should have it. She made regular trips to the Threshold, as she frequented the Deep Forest and often patrolled its boundaries, helping to heal the sick crossing through the border into Helovia or sometimes just watching and learning. And on occasion, recruiting one or two horses. But today, there a sick wrench to her gut as she was walking, and she nearly fell over gasping, worried by the sudden pull of power sucked from her. The pull she only ever experienced when healing. Was she unconsciously mending someone right now? Deeply unsettled by the small fact, the big draft began to trot, and her pace only quickened as she heard a screech of anger. What was that? What was going on?

Something seemed to whisper to her, and she leaped into a canter, an unknown force urging her onwards to see the strange scene before her. Her head swung frantically, searching for the source of the agony. It wasn't until she heard a vague, cold voice annoucing a name of 'Zikar-sin' that she realized the cause of the pain wasn't a horse. It was a bird. Warm chocolate eyes turned, settled on the member of the Plague- the Doctor, she remembered, from her brief time staying with the ex-Edge. Her lips curled in distaste as she caught sight of the vacant-eyed horse, and she instead of screeching at the strange furred unicorn, she stepped forwards, and launched herself at him. One white shoulder angled forward to knock the stallion off the twitching, spasming hatchling, at the same moment her mind was frantically trying to split itself in two, one focusing on Sin, the other on moving the bones, mending the broken spirit within the bird, soothing the pains, knitting together the red flesh.

"Leave the bird!"

T O R

Image Credit [Bottom of Page]

Elizabeth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Elizabeth
the fallen

"And tell me, feather brain, exactly what it is you'll do if he does not release the disgusting creature of life?" a cool tone rose from the trees. As she stepped to the clearing. Elizabeth's eyes sliding over Tor and Irrydae's body grotesquely. A nice lump of disgust in her throat. Silver orbs harshly looked upon them. As her eyes began to absorb the familiar figure of d'Art she remembered his name, or so she hoped it was his name. A questioning tone of greeting and dipping of her head fell, "d'Artagnan." Continuing to move from the shadows her obvious scarred hide rippled in agreement with her well toned muscles.

[ooc- here to help recruit the Sin to Plague(;]

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
[Image: darttable2.png]

d'ARTAGNAN the NIGHTSHADE

The next events were all rather amusing and the shade sat back on his heels watching with fascination.

Zikar Sin. d'Artagnan rolled it round is tongue and found he liked the way it sounded. Evil and morbid, perfect. The boy clearly had some habits that the shade wasn't really that interested in, his 'experiment' was all rather boring to the red steed, whose interests lie elsewhere. However, it was a simple fact that his dappled brother would fit into the plague perfectly. Time was moving faster now and they were in need of more man power, this Zikar Sin had all the qualities of a great unicorn. d'Art shook his head and proffered it in greeting, "I have no need for your manners, instead maybe, your talents. My name is d'Artagnan" his smile was dark as he motioned to the little bird. Talent indeed.

The first intrusion the Nightshade did not quite care for. A ridiculous looking loud mouthed pegasus interrupted a conversation that was turning interesting. Dark dual eyes turned on the sparkly mare but he said nothing, instead enjoyed watching the horror on her face. It seemed Sin would be useful should they need to torture say... One with wings. The thought of that kind of entertainment sent a rippling of laughter through his merlot body, watching as Sin spoke in wonder of her harmless appendages. "Why don't you step on something bigger brother Sin? You never know, it might scream louder."

d'Artagnan felt his mood lift. It had been a while since he'd been allowed this much fun and it seemed the heavens were placing them in front of him as Tor, the painted femme who had healed his comrades, appeared before them. Using her art to heal the bird and tried a laughable authority that really didn't suit her. It was through dark lashes that the Nightshade glanced at her, maybe Mauja would show mercy, but I don't owe her anything. With that, he kept the dark smile and walked towards the bird she had just healed, raising a large hoof and ending its life in an instant. He looked unemotionally at it's remains then turned back to Tor. "You want to try that again, our dear saviour. Don't tell me you can't bring back the dead?!"

Sarcasm laced into his every word, daring Tor to step closer, daring her to go within reach of his horns. Within reach of the Nightshade. d'Artagnan looked up at Elizabeth who said his name in greeting, he knew little of the mare but gave her a respectful nod in return before walking back to the side of Sin. The smile, still playing on his lips.

h e l l can't handle all of us

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo

The white stag watch from a distance and chuckled. This should be fun. He already liked this new unicorn, Zikar-Sin. Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. He’s the most perfect recruit I’ve seen yet. Plus, Elizabeth and the Nightshade are here. Excellent. He thought he should make his presence known, and in the most wicked way.
“Are you afraid, little one, that your wings will snap just as easily as that little bird’s did?” He walked into view, a wicked smile forming on his face. “I would very much like to find out. You see, all I would have to do it pull it out a little, then stomp on it. Or, I could just tear it out, and take it apart slowly, feather by feather. The bones would snap easily against. Hm, I wonder how your marrow tastes like? That would be the best meal I’ve ever tried.” He paused; know that he would make an impression on both the mares. He hoped it was a very unpleasant one, for that was what it intended to be. He looked at Elizabeth and d’Artagnan, and smiled at them. “Ah, it’s so nice to see that others agree. A greeting to you, Elizabeth and d’Artagnan.” He looked at the other unicorn, and his smile growing bigger. “And to you, Zikar-Sin. Welcome to this fine land. Don’t be bothered by these hornless imbeciles, they are nothing like the rest of us.”

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Hidden Account
M.E.

(NOTE: This character has already been cleared to post as part of the Plague, but for the sake of completion I would like to finish this thread ^^)
~.~.~

*"I have no need for your manners, instead maybe, your talents. My name is d'Artagnan"*

Sin blinked rather rapidly, but he kept his relaxed expression and never lost his attentive bearing. "Of course, d'Artagnan," he mused in his warm, civil tongue. The fact that this coarse rusty stallion had no appreciation for polite etiquette didn't faze Sin in the slightest; he had known several others in the past who ignored and even scorned civilized behavior. Sin had learned to take it in stride and humor these individuals; now, though, Sin's interest was glued to what the stud had said. He had interest in Sin's talents? Sin had no clue exactly what he was referring to, because indeed, d'Artagnan seemed very bored with his scientific explanations. Maybe...maybe the rusted stud was drawn to the small, ever-fading squeals made by the suffering insect fledgling under his cloven hoof. It...made a certain kind of sense, seeing as Sin himself could appreciate the dulcet tones of--

*"Leave the bird!"*

CRASH

Sin was caught unawares, and the dappled buck was slammed in his side by something large, whitish, and rather bushy. He was a slender thing, not quite sturdy and built to withstand such powerful blows-- but he somehow managed to keep on his feet as he wheeled away from the offender. Sin was even able to snap his teeth randomly in the direction of the culprit, spitting through his maw and giving off a low growl of blinding rage. The anger was only a small spark compared to the soothing ocean of calm apathy that usually permeated the confines of his mind, but someone--or something-- had attacked him completely unprovoked, without even the decency of a proper announcement of attack or a challenge for battle. In that split second of rage, Sin decided that whoever had attacked him needed to die.

As he backed away, Sin indeed identified his enemy; a large, docile brute of a mare, seeming to fret over a lifeless pile of brittle bones crushed under d'Artagnan's hoof. Sin might have been upset over the untimely death of his experiment, but this was blinded by the unrelenting certainty of his judgment: That mare most certainly needed to be killed.

He stilled his limbs though, aware that there were many others now; all of them crowded and hot and excitable in a cruel way, frenzied over Sin's "talents" and unified over the scorn and hatred they displayed towards the two hornless ones. Sin noticed something almost childishly fundamental, however: They they were most welcoming and forthcoming, even helpful, even fraternal, while the Winged One attacked him with her words, and the Plain One had attacked him with her body. The boundaries and laws of this new domain were lain before him. It was clear where his allegiance lay.

"Welcome to this fine land. Don’t be bothered by these hornless imbeciles, they are nothing like the rest of us.”

Small tremors ran up and down the dappled-one's limbs as Sin nodded his understanding; he breathed heavily, snorting with pent-up energy and vengeful passion as he strove to remain civilized under his new found allies. There was a time and place for unrestrained wrath, and a first impression did not fall within those parameters. He had a small flare of hope, however; that perhaps this small band of ruthless curs somehow understood him, seeing as they were so accepting of his rather peculiar pass-time. Perhaps...he had finally found his niche. His hope only flared as he recalled something d'Artagnan, that fine copper bastard, had uttered not moments ago:

"Why don't you step on something bigger brother Sin? You never know, it might scream louder."

...Forgive Me...

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

She hit him, hit him good, yet somehow teeth connected to flesh. Tor had never been a fighter. The bird was already winging it, healed and well-aware of the torture the mad unicorn had inflicted on it. Eyes of dark brown glared at him, glared at the whole herd of unicorns running about trampling birds and suggesting horrible things. Mauja had never been like this, even to a hornless!

"What do you think you're doing?" The mare snapped. But she was outnumbered. She backed away, swiftly, a ghost in the forest, and turned to leave, melting away, reminded distinctly of the time the wolves had attacked her and Lace.

[awful post. sorry no muse for tor right now!]

T O R

Image Credit [Bottom of Page]
WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Elizabeth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[ooc- feel free to skip Elizabeth. She'll just silently listen and agree with what the Plague members say!]

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

Irrydae had stood and watched as the stallion, who had been destroying the bird, stepped towards her and marveled at her... wings? 'Those wings. They....they're so...' he couldn't finish and the mare narrowed her gold eyes, her audits pinning to her cranium. More unicorns appeared suddenly, they're footsteps unheard and they made themselves known by speaking out. The one of white and red looked towards her, an evil smile filling his features. 'Are you afraid, little one, that your wings will snap just as easily as that little bird’s did? I would very much like to find out. You see, all I would have to do it pull it out a little, then stomp on it. Or, I could just tear it out, and take it apart slowly, feather by feather. The bones would snap easily against. Hm, I wonder how your marrow tastes like? That would be the best meal I’ve ever tried.' His descriptions disgusted her- but she didn't show it. Eyes narrowed further and she slowly drew in her wings. "Why would I be afraid? My wings are stronger then your legs," she said, a possible hint at a insult. The large mare left quickly, she was smart. Should irry fled too?

No. Stand your ground.

[ooc; sorry it's so short (and late) D:]

irrydae,

image credits

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo

The stallion laughed, watching the equine run. His smile got wider, and he laughed again.
“There are many things you should be afraid of in this world. One of them is definitely I.” He moved his body in a languid motion towards her; making his movements look snake like. “I’m sure your wings aren’t faster than my feet though.” He lunged at her, using his horn to scrap against her right wing. He didn’t want to any damage, just frighten her. He moved quickly after the attack, and he when back to chuckling. “I myself am strong young-ling, and it would be best for you not to temp me, for you might get yourself in more trouble than you can handle.” He stood up to his full seventeen and one inch height, towering about her. “I am something to be reckoned with, and something to be feared. I’m going to let you go for now, but don’t take me kindness as a weakness; take it a threat. Or as a warning, if you choose.” He walked toward Sin, looking at him as he watched this whole thing go about.
“Like I said earlier brother, don’t worry about these hornless. We are the stronger race here, and not all of them know it yet. However, with your help, we could get to place where they would, if you’re interested in helping. Mind you, it might be difficult, but I’m sure you wouldn’t mind the challenge."

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598