the Rift

Shade in Heaven [RE, Open, Questing]

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
[Image: 50a95020212e7]

d'ARTAGNAN the NIGHTSHADE

The Doctor had slowly trudged his way back to the snowy domain of his kin. It was as he reached the Frozen Arch that d'Artagnan realized that the realm of winter might not be the best place to look for the plants he needed. The red boy was especially intrigued by the properties of the milky flower, were these ingredients the Moon needed to gift him his magic? He chewed on the thought whilst travelling up the rocky path that led to the Heavenly Fields, the one place he had yet to venture to. Dual coloured pools brimming with intense curiosity and excitement at all the possibilities that could be growing up here. He was short of breath at the peak, not realizing just how far up the rocky path went. With a grimace, the shade carried on into the Meadow.

Winter was harsh and d'Art wondered if there were any plants that survived so far up. Maybe it was only those hardier types that would be worthy enough to give him the magic he sought. The Nightshade lowered his head and scanned the earth, scrutinizing each scrap of dirt, grass, plant and weed. Noting anything new he came across and growling in annoyance when he couldn't find the ones he needed. Would he have to scour Helovia to find them? The red scowled. How did the Moon expect him to find them with no guidance, even the guidance of the Earth God couldn't help him here. "Fuck it."

The growling and grumbling continued on as he continued to look. To any onlooker he may look light a complete mad man, talking to himself whilst sniffing the off plant.

Whose gunna dig you out when you're
s i x f e e t u n d e r

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Vermillion Posts: 42
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 14.3 :: 7
Guess

The Doctor wasn't the only one sniffing the plants - although he was the only one doing it successfully. Vermillion quite literally, had no idea what he was doing. All he knew, was the the healer needs herbs...and that he should find them. His youthful spirit had carried him off in search of rare and magical plants, without so much as a question about what he was actually looking for.

Oh to be young...

Vermillion flicked his leonine tail as he pierced a purple-ish coloured with his horn. As the petals fell away, they released a sweet and smoky sort of smell. Maybe this isn't so hard... he thought, inhaling the scent deeply. Tilting he head, attempted to pull a few from the ground, to bring back with him. As he arched his neck, he felt more resistance from the roots than he would have thought imaginable. What the....? Vermillion continued to tug, now really throwing his weight into it, he leaned back onto his haunches. Still nothing. How is this even possible? His little mind wondered. Instead of realizing that a plant which was providing this good of a defence should probably be left alone, Vermillion continued to tug. He pinned his ears back, and gnashed his teeth back and forth hoping to break the (what appeared to be) quite delicate stem, rather than pull the little flower out by the roots.

Giving one giant tug, he finally lost his balance and was thrown backwards into a near sitting position. Dumbfounded, Vermillion watched the flower spring back from his grip, and sway completely undisturbed and undamaged.

Please tag Vermillion in all posts !

"it is when we are most lost
we find our truest friends "
                   - Snow White

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Lucky for the stallion, a sickly looking white flower grew in the middle of decaying snow. The stem was thick and hard, able to withstand the intense winds at the top of the mountain, and the white flower looked diseases with dark rot. However, the picture of the plant was almost exactly like the picture at the Moon God had made, but her warning was clear.

Gathering it without getting paralyzed by the milk inside would prove a challenge.

Aviya Posts: 59
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
Aviya's hooves moved swiftly behind her father's. The filly was no longer small and fragile, but she was growing each and everyday. As the weather warmed up with the approaching Birdsong her cough began to subside. d'Artagnan had also been giving her herbs to ease the suffering the cough brought on, which she appreciated. Now the filly followed her father with her head held high. She only had to stop to let her coughs out every couple of hours. She was learning how to keep her general functioning when her smaller coughs came, able to keep moving forward after her father.

The doctor's spawn was growing much like him--she was graceful but powerful, with her horn reaching further and further into the sky. The glass made it fragile, more fragile than a natural bone horn, but it also made it incredibly sharp. She knew this from the scratches it left on Momma Kou's belly when she was not careful. Momma Kou warned her each day not to hurt her friends, but encouraged her that one day her horn would rip into the stomachs of the lowly nakeds and birdbrains. With her growing strength, racism ran through her bloodstream. Her parents were quick and never-ending when teaching Aviya the ways of the Plague. Aviya dreamed every night that she would rid the world of all other lower creatures, establishing a rule for her unicorn kin. The thought sent shudders of pleasure and thrill down her spine.

"Daddy," Aviya started as she trotted up to walk parallel with her father after he cursed the place they were in, "What exactly are we looking for?" She lifted a brow to follow her question, blue eyes glistening with curiosity and confusion. d'Art had not told her why or where they were going, but now she needed to know. Aviya stopped and turned quickly when she heard the loud thud. She watched the white unicorn fall back to the ground and her eyes recognized it as the stallion Vermillion she had met before. The smoky colored filly lifted her head and let out a soft neigh to the creature, letting him know he was not alone.

[ooc: aud, I just played it like our verm/aviya thread already happened and they got introduced, hope that is ok.]

d'Artagnan watched whilst he was joined by what appeared to be a young unicorn who quite calmly started scouring the ground with him. The Nightshade watched sceptically for a moment, wondering whether he should interrupt the boy's unspoken help to ask him 'why?' Instead he shrugged and left him to it, quietly glad for the extra company and the increased odds of finding his prized flowers. He seemed to be enjoying himself anyway, veinly trying to pull a stubborn root from the ground. d'Artagnan smiled faintly then returned to scouring the fields intently.

Aviya still lingered behind him, her father sending one eye to watch her ever so often. Happy that she was here too, learning the ways of poison and the might of her race. She would grow to be a great mare, he could see it everyday. The offspring of the Doctor and the Nurse were surely bred to fight with a cunning to be feared throughout. d'Artagnan did hope that his child did develop some of Kou's good sense and not all of his madness.

It was as he turned back to check on his daughter once more that the Nightshade spotted one of the plants he was after. It's sturdy stem peeping out of retreating snow complete with a sickly looking flower. The shade paused. This one was the flower the Goddess had said could paralyse him, and so he stood there regarding it for a moment before turning his head to Aviya. Projecting his voice loud enough for the grey boy to hear as well. "You see that flower over there, that is what I was looking for" he proffered his head to indicate his prize. "If you touch it you'll be paralyized"

With that the shade moved forward, eyes narrowing and horn placed low to the ground. He then continues to carefully slice the plant from the earth with the sharp points of his glass weapons. Gingerly holding his body away from it and, if successful, jamming it between his two horns. For there it would remain whilst he found the other.

s i x f e e t u n d e r

filled with rage

Hidden Account
Guess

A smile broke out onto Vermillion's young features as he watched Aviya's approach. As she stepped next to the Doctor, Vermillion noticed the similar resemblance of their horns, and was not surprised when she addressed him as 'Daddy'. Vermillion rocked forward, awkwardly rising off of his haunches and standing up fully. He shook slightly, bits of grass and snow falling off of his hide as he did so, and began making his way towards the two. He regarded the doctor with an expression of awe - he clearly knew what he was doing, unlike Vermillion. Tor had told him that the plants he needed could be found in places like this one, but so far, he wasn't having much luck, unlike the Doctor, who had apparently found just what he was looking for. Vermillion held his breath as d'Artagnan gently cut the plant out from it's bed, and pierced it with his horn. When he didn't fall to the ground paralyzed, he exhaled with relief. Apparently glass horns were good for that sort of thing. But how could one plant paralyze you, so easily?

Frowning he looked to Aviya for guidance and clarification. "Why's he need those?" He whispered to her, out of the corner of his mouth; his gaze firmly fixed on the odd white flower.

- Snow White

Finally having the nerve to pluck it once skewered, d'Artagnan gingerly held it in his mouth. Watching some of the milky liquid drip from his horn and onto the ground below. With a swiftness, d'Artagnan moved off to the stream and dipped his twin swords in, cleaning them free of all poison. Just in case. With that he returned to his young crowd of admirers.

"That. Young colt. You do not need to know" d'Artagnan answered for his child. Giving Vermillion a look of warning. A thought appeared in his mind however and the shade moved towards the cream babe with a glint in his eye. The Goddess had said this flower poisons those who touch it and, if the Mender really was honest with himself, he was curious as to how that would affect a horse. Was their whole body paralyzed? Or was it not as strong as that? Standing before the colt he allowed an eye to check on Aviya, hoping she wouldn't think him too cruel. Maybe it would do her good, he thought himself a master of poison and admittedly he showed scarce mercy. It came with the job. She would have to learn that. Although given her aptitude already, d'Artagnan didn't think it'd take all that long. If at all.

"Here... Touch it." He offered the flower's head, watching with interest. "I'm a healer, I can heal you later" he baited this time, testing the colt's bravery. His eyes judging and watching him with intense scrutiny. The Nightshade hadn't decided whether he would heal him or not as of yet, it depended on how entertaining it's effects were. The child needn't know this however. His head tilted, he wondered if he'd have to force it onto the colt. It wouldn't take long, not with his feeble body before his might.

Tail swished and ears flickered and he waited expectantly.

s i x f e e t u n d e r

filled with rage

Hidden Account
Guess

Vermillion

Vermillion listened obviously - he nodded and smiled at all of the right places, politely appearing interested, but clearly not listening. If he had been, several warning lights would be going off in his little mind. Or should be at least. As he realized that d'Art was no longer speaking, he ceased his head bobbing to words which were no longer being spoken, and shook his head, righting him of his stupor. Here…touch it Vermillion's mind offered, replaying d'Art's words. "Oh yes! Touch it! Right. Good. I'll just ehm, pick it up with my mouth, shall I?" Promptly, Vermillion stepped forward, lowering his head towards the flower. As his lips reached to pluck it, finally his mind sensed something was wrong.

Bringing his head swiftly up, he tilted his head to the side, frowning slightly. "Sorry. Quick question - " he began politely, "but didn't I hear you say that if you touch it you'll be paralyzed?" He forced half of his lips into an awkward smile, hoping he hadn't come across rude. "Surely you don't actually mean for me to pick it up?" Noting d'Art's expectant tail swishing, he realized all too quickly that yes, that's exactly what he meant. "Right. Because…well, because you said you were a healer so you could heal me….later? How much later - " Sensing that he was rambling, and was bordering on being rude, Vermillion promptly shut up. His breathing increased as he looked down at the flower with a mild terror in his soft gaze. "Right. I'll just pick it. And be healed. Pick it, and be healed." Looking at d'Art one last time for confirmation, he slowly lowered his head, scrunching his eyes closed dramatically as his lips closed around the head of the flower.

[OOC: I don't know how strong it's supposed to be - imi, would you mind describing the effects on Verm? Anything you like.]

& if you were going to crucify me,
I wouldn't want 'nobody to see.

- Snow White

The boy hesitated like d'Artagnan thought he would, the shade kept his cold calculating gaze on the child as he fumbled with his words. The alabaster boy sure did talk a lot. It was almost amusing, how he talked himself into eating the plant, if the child didn't talk so much d'Artagnan could almost like him. Almost. His diseased eyes grew wide then as the colt finally placed his lips around the plant and ate it's pale form.

He waited.

The boy seemed still and the more the flower was digested the stiller he got. d'Artagnan flicked his pitch tail into the face of the boy with a sharp slap, watching with interest if there was any physical movement. Vermillion truly was paralyzed. The mender's eyes narrow, did it only extend to the physical part of his body? Could he still feel and speak? Or were they suspended in time too, silent like a statue. d'Artagnan had to admit, it would be an affective way of shutting up those who like to talk too much. First he had to test it. "Can you talk Vermillion? Can you feel your body? Does it hurt?"

d'Artagnan wasn't even sure if Vermillion would be able to give him an answer. He looked around to check Aviya was watching, it would be good for her to see how a poison worked. If she should so desire to walk a similar path as he had, then she would be well equipped to do so. It was his duty as her father after all, to teach her this knowledge. It may even save her life one day or give her the means to be prompted to a higher rank. Poison was a handy thing to have in one's arsenal and this one in particular was rather curious. d'Artagnan was almost trembling in excitement, where most went to the beach or sparred as a hobby. The shade found his spare time being taken up in poison research, he wondered if there would ever come a day when he would find all the poison the Earth God had stored in his mind that day. He seriously doubted it. That was even more reason to pass this on to his children, maybe one day they would take up were he left off. He wasn't immortal after all, death would claim him and d'Artagnan highly doubted he was going anywhere good after.

[ooc; sorry for the wait! D: But I played it out as if the effects were general paralyses, so he can't move his body but he can talk. It's up to you to decide if it hurts or not ^^]

s i x f e e t u n d e r

filled with rage