the Rift

Did I find Something? (Open)

Cielo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Cielo

It was cold, morning rays only just peeking through the branches that had been bare from the loss of their leaves. Every leaf had turned from greens of the warm and humid summer to the oranges, reds, and golds of the lovely fall. Slowly plants and trees had deciding that it was time to sleep for the winter, and tucking themselves away. A light layer of frost decorated the floor of the forest, making the ground white and shine where the sun touched it, not quite warm enough to melt the fluffy frost.

That was past. The animal was here now. The winter would evaporate soon. The snow would melt soon and the trees would let life grew. The sun would shine down on the horse’s backs. Everything would become warm again, until of course winter came again.
The horned being was there, sprawled on it’s hooves with eyes open and horn shifted out of his forehead. Stride had been slow when the dark form made his way into the Forest. Though he knew little, he knew enough. His body had ached as he had moved. He was unaware of his surroundings but he fully intended on figuring them all out later, but at the moment, he was lazy. He stood tall, proud. The being took the form of a horse, one with bay coloring with a tribal sign on his right hindquarter, beige hooves, and silvery-black horn. It was quite clear that this being had gotten lost the night before and was still looking for something, as his fur was dusted with frost that was slowly melting from the body heat that put off and his banner slightly knotted.

Slowly he stirred, legs twitching first before weary copper-brown eyes opened with a passion. His mouth opened in a slight yawn before he rolled forward a couple of steps, standing and shaking himself off. It was at this point that it was obvious that this horned horse was a stallion, for he was large in build. As he took the time to look around, his entire body shook from hooves to horn. Stupid, white snow… Don’t be so cold. A cryptic smile encompassing his black lips. The stag looked around and then remembered something.

"I forgot... I'm lost." His thoughts trickled around the speech that he had given. He had come, and he thought it through over and over on his way. He snorted slightly and tossed his large head, shaking his forelocks out of his eyes before turning around and looking at everything. Where am I? He asked himself, eyes blinking lazily at the surroundings. Almost a parallel universe. Not too worried, he had gotten lost very often. A thought wormed its way into his mind though, what if he wasn’t lost, but had found what he had been looking for? Helovia.

Cielo contemplated that heavy question for a moment before his focus was caught by a sliver of light reflecting off his wet hooves. Curiosity toying with his mind. He looked it over, peering at his hooves in hopes that it would glint again. Oh wow yes, attention span very short and lacking with this one. A lot.

He listened carefully, following the path of thought as it went. He didn't think he'd be going into the spot of the lead for a herd he barely knew, but there were always the factors that he wouldn't just let anyone lead him. He had been a loner his whole life. He didn’t think he would just switch his entire life style.
Distant hoof beats echoed to his ears. They sounded like his own hooves thundering against the open plains. Cielo could smell a fellow horse very near. So close he could almost taste it. The vision flew into his head. The slick horse leaving his dead sire. ”What a jackass. Who was that?” He had absolutely no idea. None.

Orinthia Posts: 132
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 17 hands :: 4 years
Orinthia
I was walking in the forest, as I approached a bay unicorn with glistening bay fur, and a long protruding horn. I have only seen a unicorn once in my life, but he was elusive and just trotted away at the sight of me. Maybe this unicorn was more friendly. He had a silky black mane, and a strange sign on his thigh, that I have never seen before on any equine. He was different to me and I was sure to be the one to greet him.

As I kept on quietly walking up to him, I realized he was lost. He had that distant confused look in his eyes, like I do when I am in new places. I yearned to know what the slim bay unicorn was thinking, so I curiously popped up. "Hello! My name is Orinthia! You seem very lost!" I said staring at him, but not trying to make him nervous in any way.

Sometimes when I greeted horses, I could be a bit brusque, or too excited and happy. I have scared off horses before, but in the presence of this unicorn, I didn't feel scared at all. I cocked my head and waited for his reply, trying to put on a friendly grin, and seem pretty much harmless.

Elizabeth Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Elizabeth
the fallen

Scars littered across a silver hide noticeable even from a far. A distant unicorn moved throughout the snow hastily. Annoyed by the smell of an equine close by. My oh my how she hated the bare creatures. Along with the feather brained idiots that flew where actual birds should. Elizabeth came into view. Slinking from behind a few trees and silently she muttered within her mind fresh meat. The bay unicorn she had no problems with but she had a few bones to break of the black mare.

To look at they weren't much different in size or breed, but species and coloration wise they were far from the same. A white tail with black tips slapped against her hocks roughly. Blood boiling beneath her surface. She arched her neck and pointed her horn out in a battle ready position. The spirals evenly dancing to the tip. Sharp point that she aimed towards Orinthia. Elizabeth pushed from her hind legs, front hooves relieved of the ground for but a few moments as she harshly cantered to the two. Stopping right before the equine, horn still ready to pierce at her skin. Elizabeth held no fear. "Its the sight of nakeds like you that curls my lip in disgust, be gone or I will shred you to pieces with my own superior horn!" the corporal commanded.

Emotionless expression upon her face. Silver eyes stared with raging life at Orinthia. Elizabeth's ears fell to her neck hastily, tucked in beside short mane hair, forelock though... long and lucious. Snapping her head towards the unicorn at her side she stomped a hoof and quickly cut to the chase, "Does her disgusting appearance not send repulsion through your stomach?" his answer would determine his fate. Soon enough the Plague would rule Helovia and the traitor unicorns would die alongside the equines and pegasi.

Cielo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
The stag couldn't tell how long he had been traversing the unknown woods, he had just walking wondering if he would meet anyone. Until something would distract his eyes. Then he would veer far way to off course to find where his hooves had come from. Normally, his eyes would catch illusions of horses, he would walk up to where they were, but see nothing, and he would go back to his aimless, lost, traveling.

He let different thoughts cascade through his mind. He may be considered an adult, but he still wanted to have fun. He loved the anxiety of a scary scenery, and he loved not knowing what would come next.

The stag shook the thought out of his mind quickly, for a young mare was walking up to his copper coat. He turned, and faced this mare. Her ears were perked up and swiveling to catch every sound possible. Her forehead was hornless. A disappointment, but not minding it, he answered her. "Hello ma'lady. I am Cielo." He heard yet another pair of hoof-beats. Swiveling his cranium to lay his eyes on the othr body. No sight of another horse until snow flew everywhere and a flash of silver flashing like lightning at the other mare. She threatened her. Then asked him if he hated such vile creatures. "I am not one to be racist." He held his head slightly higher, proud to stand up and out. "Why judge in such a harsh way without actually knowing?" He wasn't the greatest fan of equines, but he wouldn't choose now. "I must say though, I admire your courage." The only thing that would ever spark a romance was courage, but he felt absolutely no connection.. with either of them.

The stag looked into their eyes. "How about we break this.. tiff up?" His charming manifestation would be hard to resist, but they could.. if they wanted. He shock his head and walked right in-between them. "Yet, equine, you came with no second guessing me. What if I was a cold killer?" Cold killer? More like a bold passionate thriller. He was a voga-bond, but with his daredevil trait. If you became his friend, would you bring him down from the sky,or join him? His decision decides solely on yours.

OOC: No table, because it would be awkward if Orinthia was the only one without :P! You can use your table though!

Orinthia Posts: 132
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 17 hands :: 4 years
Orinthia
I looked up to see another scarred unicorn with white tail and mane walk up. She insulted me in such a manner that sent rage boiling up. I wasn't a one to provoke fights, especially with a unicorn so rude, and racist as this one. I knew I had to keep my mouth shut, but this ugly unicorn made me over the top in fury. "Excuse me, but you are not superior to me," I said, gritting my teeth with such force, to keep me from charging at her. I didn't let her horn deter me from wanting to smash her. "And I will not leave. I would like to see you try to MAKE me", I snapped at her staring her straight in the eyes. Endless silver eyes stared right back at my moss green ones.

The bay unicorn, sort of stood to my defense stating that he wasn't racist. "At least there are SOME normal horses here", I said, still wanting to stamp all over the femme unicorn. "I am so sorry, Sir Cielo", I said respecting him. It was an honor to me, meeting not just one but two unicorns, even though the second was provoking me to a fight.

The stag spoke in such a charming way, though it wanted to make me forgive the cruel looking female, but I still felt anger deep within me. I took a deep breath, calming myself, still staring at the two.

(Sorry! I do have a table, because a nice person gifted me one :) ... I just don't know how to apply it to my writing! )