the Rift

morning .f l i g h t. [Phaedra, open]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies

She always did her best thinking when she flew. It wasn't the best day for such a flight, of course: it had dawned bright and cold, though remarkably free of the blanketing clouds that had been the staple of this Frostfall. The frigid air did not bode well for those of the sky, for they relied on the warm updrafts that accompanied the warmer months to soar easily. At this time of year, flight was accompanied by heavy wingbeats and rapid strokes, an overall workout that was not only tiring but also awkward to observe. Nonetheless, it did her good to stretch her wings, and she wanted to take advantage of her freedom before she joined Rowan in the Dragon's Throat.

Would she miss her outcast lifestyle? She rather hoped not - she had agreed to join a herd because Rowan had convinced her it was a life worth having. But still, she wondered if she would still be allowed to roam as she pleased. Would she even want to? She turned into the wind, flapping hard; she wished for the easier flights of Orangemoon, then let instinct take over. When she arrived at her destination - the Endless Blue - she smiled and turned, riding an air current that always existed where the sea breeze met the land. It may be weaker at this time of year, but it was there nonetheless, and it allowed her to glide in a much more graceful fashion.

She was hit with the sudden urge to land, and she banked sharply. It was the most exhilarating part of her flight: she dove, hurtling for the ground, folding her wings tight against her bodice. At the last moment, she flung them out; wind bunched, straining against the outstretched appendages, slowing her momentum as she steadied herself. Her hind legs hit first, followed by her front, merging smoothly into a canter. She flicked her wings up, out of the stream of air, and as she slowed, she settled them against her. It was a relaxed, loose arrangement, and when she settled into an easy walk along the water's edge, the wind tossed her mane and tail, teasing strands into a playful dance along her nape, sending feathers fluttering. She would set them straight later, but for now, it was almost a relief to feel the chilled air.

[W/C | 392]

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud

Phaedra new exactly how Sohalia felt - about doing her best thinking in the air, anyways. And she did have a lot to think about. At the top of her mind, was the quest that she received from the God of the Earth; she either needed to fall in love, or she needed to introduce two, who would. It was...bizarre. Why was she given that quest? It made no sense to her easily-frightened mind. That's why, she replied to herself. Maybe this was the God's way of forcing her into interacting with others..? Ugh.

As she glided along the same air current which Sohalia recently did, she pondered what it was to fall in love. She had heard once, that it was sparks and electricity - the feeling of never wanting to be without them. Of giving anything for them...but there had to be more than that her mind insisted. She felt that way around Tolio...A blush crept onto her features as she remembered him. The way she felt sparks when they touched, and the instant connection that they shared. But...they were only friends. So love just had to be something more. And whatever it was, it eluded Phae, who had never been inclined towards a friendship much less love, before meeting Tolio, her one and only friend.

Her mind had drifted about as far as she had physically, and suddenly the little mare found herself gliding over top of Sohalia, who had just come to a walk on the sandy beaches below. Phae nibbled her lip, thoughtfully. Female pegasi were the kind she trusted least. Not only were mares manipulative and judgemental, but a pegasus was the one species who she could not immediately run from in the skies. But the quest... Her mind probed. What if she's the one? For a moment, Phae contemplated leaving Sohalia be. Surely there must be some ground dwellers who were fated for each other? Then again, maybe this was all foreseen by the Earth God, and if she gave up now...you will never get what you want.

Fine.

Phaedra arched gently, rather than shooting towards the terrain as Sohalia had done. By turning her shoulder at a sharper angle, her spirals became smaller and smaller, until she was only feet above the ground. Beating her wings quickly to keep her descent steady, her back hooves gently set down first, follow by her front. Even though there was still about 10 feet between the two, Phae kept her large tawny wings outstretched, just in case. She looked the other mare over, with interest. They were so similar, physically. Other than colour of course - but they looked about the same age, and nearly the same height. Phaedra thought that maybe she was a little more athletically built, but couldn't really be sure. It meant that this mare could probably keep up with her in the skies. And that could be a problem. Carefully, Phae lowered her head in what could only be described as a canine-looking act of submission. She flicked an ear cautiously forward, watching Sohalia carefully, but saying nothing.

[OOC: Sorry. She's afraidy cat. ]

HP: 45.5

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
Levi glided through the air borne sky. The wind slipped through his luxurious mane and tail. His pelt had a faint shimmer from the sun's blazing rays that kept his alert. He wanted to fly around Helovia's beautiful scenery. He hadn't been around yet so he wanted to just have a nice day to explore. He especially loved the blues. The dramatic sea beneath him showed his reflection. Smirking at himself, he thought he looked pretty good flying bravely through the skies. He was very cocky though. He loved being arrogant and selfish. Although, he couldn't help who he was nice to. Sometimes it just happened. For instance, he had been nice to his friend Aryel. And Phaedra the stunningly beautiful and witty mare at the beach. Maybe his attitude was changing? Nah he thought to himself.

The skies were clear and blue today. Nearly any clouds to fly through. Just perfect sights of the endless blues. His loved flying though. It was his absolute favorite part about being a Pegasus. He could get away from enemies in danger, travel quicker, and just enjoy the skies. Almost like he owned then.. well maybe not that. That's how he felt though, like he was...free. His thoughts were suddenly interrupted when he noticed a familiar pegasi. Phaedra? He thought but then he spotted another snow white pegasi. She might know Phaedra, but he couldn't tell for she looked more submissive then welcoming. Staying higher he looked at them for a minute and then shouted "Phaedra? Is that you?"

[Hello all. I wasn't sure if it was okay for me to post here, even though it says open haha. I sort of feel like I am intruding, so if you want I can delete this. Didn't want to cause and inconvenience or anything :D]

[OOC | Sorry for switched to 1st person in the middle of a thread, but I find it much easier to write her this way! Also, Levi, welcome!]

I have always adored the beach. It is a place of such tranquility, such peace. I can come here, to the Endless Blue, and simply close my eyes, feel the breeze toss my mane to and fro, smell the salt tossed into the air by the crashing waves, listen to them crash and then lull in an endless cycle. I can abandon myself to these sense and let go of my worries, whatever they may be. It has always been that way for me. Flight is when I have the best thoughts; visiting the sea is when I lack them completely. It is a blessing at this moment, when I am so close to uprooting my entire existence in favor of following a new friend into a herd. I shudder. Why in the world have I agreed to go with Rowan to the Dragon's Throat?

But I know the answer. I have spent so long alone that I have forgotten how much I can truly treasure another's presence. I've been alone with good reason, of course - back home, I was left alone when my parents were murdered. And then in the process of traveling to this land, to Helovia (though I didn't know that was my destination at the time), I also lost my foster mother. I know that this is the reason that I shy away from making new friends - I do understand the basics of psychology. But I am unable to break free from the fear completely. If I let Rowan in completely, if I adopt her herd as family, if I immerse myself in a life filled with love and care and happiness, I stand to lose so much more than if I simply remain an outcast.

Love. Care. Happiness. Those are all things that I want desperately. Some I could find simply throught friendship: care, happiness. These are things that can be fulfilled simply through knowing Rowan, or others like her. But love? That she cannot provide me. And I want to be in love. Despite having lost them so young, I have learned all I know of love from my parents, and though it may take many forms, it is beautiful. It is fulfilling. It is a blessing to behold, much less to have. And yet, however much I may want it, I stand here now on the brink of possibility, and I hesitate.

So lost in thought am I that I am unaware at first of the tawny mare that alights nearby, looking a bit nervous. It is her scent that alerts me to her presence; my eyes are lost in the blue of the sea, and my auds are distracted by the calls of gulls and the crash of the waves. I start, looking around, lobes pricking towards this newcomer, and I smile hesitantly. I am not unfriendly; merely shy. But she doesn't seem to be all that outgoing either, so I take the first step into conversation. "Hello," I say nervously, a bit uncomfortable with her silence. Nonetheless, if I am going to be joining a herd, I may as well learn how to speak to strangers.

"I... my name is Sohalia," I begin awkwardly, sky blue orbs watching her for any sign of attack. But she is still, and submissive, and I begin to feel a bit bad. Am I fearful to behold? But then why would she seek me out? Why not continue on her merry way? I admit, I am perplexed, and I am about to continue an attempt at awkward conversation when I hear another voice. "Phaedra? Is that you?" The voice belongs to a midnight-hued stallion soaring above our heads, and I peer up at him, my head cocking to the side as I considered the situation. They knew each other, and I was the odd one out. How fitting for me.

[W/C | 642]

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Deceased

Phaedra seemed to hear them back call to her at the same time, as if her mind had suddenly slowed the passage of time until everything just lumped together. The sight of Levi actually calmed her. She knew from their previous encounter that he was not to be feared...at least not yet. Still, she was cautious. She didn't believe that Levi knew this other mare, this Sohalia as she had introduced herself, as he did not call out to her. This made Phaedra relax a little more. Yes, she believed physically that she was evenly matched with the white mare, but even so she felt that Levi's presence gave her the upper hand. Yet a nagging voice, still told her to be prepared.

Phaedra took a step forward, trying to appear composed, yet she left her wings unfurled. Just in case. As she walked, her wing-tips dragged on the sand creating little patterns in her wake, framing her delicate hoof prints on the beach. She cast a glance to Levi and nodded with a small smile. Her emerald gaze quickly cast back to the moon-coloured mare before her. What a little group they made, Phaedra observed: She, the colour of an ashy sun, Sohalia the colour of the moon, and Levi, colour of the night. "As he says, I am Phaedra." She said, with a small polite tilt of her head. As she did so, her mane clumped loosely around her chest, revealing the amulet that she wore. Pheadra realized foolishly, that she did not know from which herd this amulet had been stolen. Might someone recognize it? Levi hadn't...So maybe it wasn't from the Throat. But what about this mare? Where was she from? In order to hide the amulet from sight again, Phaedra readjusted her wings, purposefully causing bits of her sandy-coloured mane to fall in front of it again.

Phaedra exhaled, continually attempting to appear calm, and in trying to do so, she began to feel calm. Unless it's a trap her mind warned, as she began to think that Sohalia didn't seem threatening. Gritting her teeth against the thought, she turned to Levi with a curious smirk. "Back at the beach, so soon?" She teased. "I can see why. There's now another pretty face here. Must be something in the water" She winked flirtatiously at him, alluding to their meeting in the water itself.

Hidden Account
Ava
(Thanks :))

Levi's face turned into a smirk as Phaedra said "I can see why. There's now another pretty face here. Must be something in the water" He chuckled to himself. It was true, Sohaila was quite pretty as well. Her snow while mane and tail shimmering in the sun's rays made her look attractive, but Levi wasn't in the mood to flirt with anyone right now. Especially right in front of Phaedra. Although, he wouldn't mind being her friend. He kind of liked her and hoped that they would be friends. And if Sohalia was someone he could possibly be friends with, he might accept her as a friend as well.

"Yeah, there might just be. I'll let you know in a sec." He winked at both pegasi and then he gracefully swooped down beneath them. Down and down he went circling up and down and up and down. Once he met the waters presence he turned slightly to his wing down. The water was cool and fiery at the same time. Maybe it was because he was going so fast that the water felt like millions of tiny bullets rising into his wing. Although he did enjoy the water he wasn't in the mood to swim right now. He really just wanted to fly and talk to the pretty mares that flew quietly above him.

I always seem to be the odd one out. When I met Lace and Tor in the Deep Forest, they had known each other, while I knew neither; and now again I was the intruder, as Phaedra and - had the stallion said his name? - seem to know each other as well. It is almost enough to make me want to retreat. Almost. But no, if I am to join a herd, I must get used to this feeling. I hope it won't last - that I will eventually be the one making newcomers feel uncomfortable by knowing the rest of the herd - but I am skeptical. It has been so long since I have belonged anywhere.

I am intrigued by this Phaedra. She seems a bit skittish, and I am still not sure why. She approached me, so shouldn't I be the one who is wary of her? A gust of wind blows; a stone becomes visible circling her nape. I stare at it, entranced by beauty, but just as quickly, it is hidden again. I sigh, jealous - does everyone in this land have some manner of magic or mystical items? I must seem so plain. They don't seem to notice me, anyway, as Phaedra teases the stallion and he returns the favor with a flirtatious wink, still in the air. I watch him fly, seemingly simply for the job of being in the air. I share that connection, at least.

I smile at the pair of them, as they have just called me pretty, and it would be rude to ignore the compliment. My sky blue orbs return to Phaedra, and I decide to reinsert myself into the conversation. I am determined not to be left out - I have to stop being a wallflower sometime, after all. "Well, other than the pretty mares, what brings the two of you out today?" I ask cordially. "If you're like me, you are simply enjoying a beautiful morning!" Yes, of course, talk about the weather. It's the simplest solution, and I'm at a loss. Hopefully they will not judge me too harshly.

[W/C | 355]

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Deceased

[OOC: Levi, try and stay in order :) In Helovia, we always reply in the order that things have been progressing. So for here, it goes Sohalia, Me, you. :3 ]

Further realizing that she was not in danger, Phaedra completely relaxed. Taking a deep breath, she stretched her wings out - ridding any cramps that had been caused by their being held open for so long - before tucking them neatly by her sides. She tilted her head inquisitively as Sohalia spoke. Why she was out here? My quest She thought. Her lips twitched uncertainly as she considered whether or not it would be a good idea to keep mentioning her quest. It couldn't hurt, could it? Deciding that it would likely be alright, as the God of the Earth had never mentioned any sort of secrecy, she nodded. I am on a quest from the God of the Earth. I have to introduce two who will eventually fall in love." She left out the part where an alternative would be for her to fall in love. But she just didn't really see that happening.

As Levi gave his own answer, she was puzzled when he looked her after saying unless they are rude to me first. Thoughtfully she reflected on how they had first met. Had she been rude to him? She couldn't recall, though she didn't think she had. But they had left things amicably enough, so if she had, all seemed to be forgiven. Turning back to Sohalia, she smiled genuinely. When in doubt, talk about the weather Phaedra thought with a silent chuckle. She was no master conversationalist either, and it seemed comforting to know that she was not alone in that regard. "It is beautiful. Although I'll be much happier once BirdSong arrives, and things warm up. I'm not exactly built for the cold" She remarked with a silvery sort-of laugh. She was very athletically built, with little meat on her bones, so to speak, to keep her warm. Her saving grace was her large tawny wings. How do horses and unicorns manage? She wondered, glad to have them to buffet the cold winds of FrostFall.

Looking from Levi to Sohalia, her mind generated the opinion that they would make a cute couple. Why? Because they have opposing colouring?! Came her conscious automatic response to herself. But yes, that was the only reason. Oh, and they were the same species. Phaedra internally groaned, only now really comprehending just how little she knew about match making. How was she ever going to complete this stupid quest!?

Hidden Account
Ava
Levi opened his maw wide, as he flew quietly through the sky. A sound of laughter crept off his tounge over whelming himself. Love? For Levi? No damn way! That would not happen, unless he chose his own mate and really ended up falling in love with someone. Phaedra really needed to understand that she can't just make two horses fall in love. He knew she needed to finish this quest and was eager to help her, but not like this. It wasn't that he didn't like Sohalia, it's just he just met her like two minutes ago. He wasn't ready to just be with any mare he meets. Although, he wouldn't have minded Phaedra... What was he saying? Capturing his thoughts he kept himself together.

He knew that Sohalia would probably laugh to, for that was ridiculous. Falling in love now? Right this instant, or maybe sometime in the future? But, it would have to be the close future. He wasn't the type of stallion who wouls just pick any mare, he wanted one that would like him and accept him for who he is, giving him unconditional love... forever. Nudging closer to the mares, he tunred to Phaedra with a huge grin.

Still baffled from the idea, he said "Phaedra, I don't mean to burst ya bubble, but I just met her like two seconds ago. And I'm not saying that she's not nice or in th future we can be friends, maybe more, but I'm not going to fall in love with someone because of a quest." He gave her a sorry smile. Flying to her side now he nuzzled inro her playfully saying "I wouldn't mind helping you out though. I could try to find two horses that might be able to fall in love, but of course you would have to be there." Winking at her he went back to Sohalia's side and asked her "So, what brings you here today?" His orbs sparkled as he asked her, greeting her with a friendly smile. Then shooting a look towards the complicated Phaedra he said to her jokingly "I know why your here." Winking at her he waited for the mares to reply.

[OOC: Sorry about his stubborness, but he is sort of hard to persuade ;3]

What an interesting quest! I wonder what she is questing for - I have been contemplating asking the gods for my own power, and thus for my own quest. Will mine also be like this? I am very intrigued, and I would very much like to ask more questions, but before I have the chance, the stallion jumps in with his two cents. His words are truth - it is most unlikely that two people will fall in love simply because Phaedra says they should. But it's not impossible. I regard the dark pegasus shrewdly, and I decide that I'm not sure if I like him very much. Oh, he's well enough, I suppose, and I'm sure he's quite fun. But where is his faith?

I stretch my wings, shaking the signs of my earlier flight from them, before settling them neatly along my sides. "I don't know," I say thoughtfully. "I find your quest rather excited, actually. Love is wonderful. To be a part of a couple finding true happiness, that will indeed be a blessing. I wish you the best of luck." I smile at her. In my mind, the wheels are turning. Perhaps I had come across the fae for a reason - would she be the one to introduce me to my true love? For I do believe in such things, and I would love to meet him sooner rather than later. It was an interesting thought - perhaps I will befriend Phaedra, and try to help with her quest.

I speak again. "I would offer myself for a subject of your quest, if it will prove helpful for you," I tell her softly, and I feel a tremor of hesitancy in my breast. Is this really what I want, to entrust my love life to someone else? But, I suppose, there's no rule that says I must fall in love with one that she introduces me to, and I suppose if she was given the quest, she must be able to sense who would fare well together - right? I am snapped out of my thoughts by the stallion, who is asking me a question. "I had a lot on my mind, and a good long flight helps me clear my head."

[W/C | 377]

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Deceased

As Levi spoke, first to her, then to Sohalia, her ear flicked in his direction, uncertainly. But of course you would have to be there. He had said, in reference to aiding her on her quest. With Levi, she feared that she was often reading too far into his comments. When they had first met, he had been openly flirtatious with her. But was it all in good fun? Or was there more to it than that? When he said things like you would have to be there she wondered if there was. Her gaze lingered on him, considering this carefully, before moving her attention to Sohalia.

Phaedra, who had never experienced love before, could only nod and smile politely as Sohalia talked about her quest. She really didn't have a solid plan when it came to completing the quest; she just assumed that she would know. The God of the Earth wouldn't have given her an impossible task to complete....would he?

I would offer myself for a subject of your quest, if it will prove helpful for you

Phaedra's ears pricked forward, her politely blank expression melted away as she grinned happily. "Really?" This must be what the Earth God expected... She thought, pleasantly surprised by the white mare's willingness to help her. Generosity of spirit was something so foreign to Phaedra, that she quite literally could not believe that the mare was offering her heart into Phae's care, so willingly. Phae was cunning, but was constantly afraid of being captured, as she had before. For someone who didn't know her, or anything about her, to align their life-path to hers, was incredible. "I would be so grateful..." Her voice trailed off, as she tilted her head uncertainly. She was grateful, because of her desire to have a companion...but should she tell this mare that? Unsure, she decided to keep that information to herself, for now at least.

[OOC: Just as an FYI Levi, Phae didn't say any of the stuff about Sohalia and Levi out loud. Anything in italics is just her thinking. I always write in white when she's talking :3

Oh. And Rayo, who is playing her love interest? I might as well be in the process of meeting him, so I don't hold things up any longer.]

Hidden Account
Ava
"Yeah, it’s always nice to clear your head, I do that a lot also." He beamed, smiling at the white mare. She seemed to like to fly as well. As the horses flew silently though the air, Levi was once again wrapped up in his thoughts. Why was Phaedra so eager to find love for two horses? Didn't she want it herself? Surely she could have many stallions that would want her for her beauty and friskiness was all for her. She seemed to be the loyal type to, for once you got to know her. He didn't understand why she just didn't ask Levi for help in the first place, he would have helped her out! In his herd many horses were falling for each other. He could have taken her there and just let her take over for her quest. Knowing she would have to be there to do the process, though ,or it might not count. Hopefully, he hoped, she would be able to finish her quest successfully and get whatever she asked the gods for.

His gaze turned towards Phaedra as she talked to Soholia. He listened as she was surprised to hear that Soholia wanted to help out to. She was truly a sweet mare to do that. not knowing Phaedra from a hole in the wall and just offered her helping like that? Levi was also impressed on how kind this mare was. Phaedra though also had to understand that not everyone was out to get her. He could tell that it was very hard to trust anyone, but not all horses would try to go and take her. The way Phaedra looked at Soholia was like a surprised shock. A happy grin spread across her face as Soholia agreed to help her. He was happy that Phaedra was accepting to this mare, because Levi still couldn't believe how generous she had been to her.

Levi's wings ached a bit because he had been flying a lot lately. Figuring maybe it might be best for him to just leave to two mares to their business, he slowly started to fall back. It seemed to him that Phaedra didn’t need Levi’s help. She seemed to have confidence in Soholia so it wasn’t anything different to him. He was used to being put out of a plan. That’s why he was more of a loner type. He occasionally liked to be with horses, but right now they didn’t seem interested in his appearance. Anyways he had training to do for his herd. His eyes turned a bit sad looking as he slowly started drifting behind the mares. He really did want to help out, but it might be best that he just stay out of this one.

[OOC: Aud, yes I understand she talks in white :3. He caught on to Phaedra because she said that she needs to make two fall in love for her quest. He figured that she obviously doesn't love Levi so, he figured it was he and Soholia was who she was referring to. Sorry for the confusion. I didn't take any of what you said in italics and put it in my post. I'm sorry if you felt offended from my post... I didn't mean to if I did. :/ And also sorry if I sounded rude to you at any point in this OOC post, I really mean no rudeness :P]

I smile as her obvious surprise, pleased that I have gotten her to open up a bit. Things don't seem nearly as formal now, and I feel as though the very air around me has relaxed. Perhaps I am not so bad at making friends as I thought I was. Or perhaps I have just gotten very lucky with my company lately. Regardless, I feel a spark of excitement budding in my breast. I have complete faith in the gods, so I can't help but feel as though I came here today with the purpose of meeting Phaedra and hearing of her quest. Everything happens for a reason, after all, and this seems to be it. I find myself wondering what kind of stallion she would find for me. Would he be handsome? Kind? Would he be a pegasus, like me, or something else?

I am not against other species in the least, and I believe in equality between the species, but I can't help but think of a little foal, one day - a little filly, I think - mine and my future love's, complete with wings, the spitting image of her mother... I shake my head, clearing such thoughts. That would be a long way in the future and, of course, I would be perfectly accepting of anyone, regardless of their species. If that meant I gave birth one day to little horned hellions, then so be it, so long as I had true love. "I would be so grateful..." My smile widens, and a small chuckle bubbles from my chest. "My dear Phaedra, if you complete your quest, then it is I who will be grateful to you!" Levi's presence seems to have faded now, and I believe he is contemplating leaving we females to discuss love. Are all males like that? And if so, how is she ever going to succeed?

[W/C | 315]
[OOC | -is missing out on cuddles- It's supposed to be Ambrosius, but I'm not sure if his player (can never remember who is who >.<) has been around lately. :| We can always find her another lover, if he takes too long!!]

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Deceased

[OOC: ALLLLL THE RAYO CUDDLES! <3333 And I also messaged Amby about meeting up, to see if that was still happening.]

Phaedra's grin widened as Sohalia spoke, the wheels of her mind slowly turning as endless options ran before her eyes. Images much like the one's Sohalia was envisioning - of a white mare flying happily with a large dashing white pegasus...or maybe with a golden unicorn, and a hybrid foal? With a contenteds-sigh, Phaedra looked at Sohalia with a renewed intensity, now studying her physically. Her would-be suitor would surely want to know what she looked like, yes? Phae's green gaze ran over Sohalia's lithe features, her form, her wings. Approvingly, she smiled. Sohalia seemed to fit the classic image of a pegasus, and her features were exceedingly beautiful. Finding a suitor shouldn't be hard; but fate or no, there were still things that Phaedra would need to be aware of.

"Sohalia, what things are important to you, in another?" She listened patiently as Sohalia spoke. <[OOC: For this part, I"m going to assume that Sohalia answered, and then Phae addresses Levi - hope that's okay with everyone, or else this would be an awfully short post :P] As Sohalia listed the qualifications for an appropriate suitor, Phae furrowed her brows, thinking if she knew anyone who fit that description. She threw a glance back towards Levi, who had considerably dropped out of the conversation. Didn't he say he wanted to help? She thought amusedly. Tossing her head in his direction, casting her sandy mane in front of her eyes, she smirked. " Know anyone who fits that description Levi?" She thought that he must - hadn't he told her that new recruits were constantly being brought into to his herd? Surely one of them must align with Sohalia's ideal man. If not, Phae would have more questing to do.

For once, the idea of having to approach others didn't seem so daunting. Phaedra would always have an incredibly strong flight instinct when it came to interacting with others, but as she considered Sohalia's desire to have a companion, her heart surged out and understood that longing. Was a companion not precisely what was driving Phae's quest? She knew exactly what it was, to want to have another to call their own, to love and protect, and be protected by....only Phae didn't want a romantic relationship with the companion she was questing for, but really, didn't it boil down to the same thing? An inner peace seemed to settle over her, as she once again considered the white mare before her. Yes. She thought, I can do this. Sohalia will be the one.

Hidden Account
Ava
[OOC: Pulls Rayo away from Aud shouting mine as I snuggle her <333- Oh, it's actually a nice way to split things up:D Cool idea Aud <3]

Levi's expression turned as shocked a Phaedra's as Soholia was really trying to help Phaedra with her, somewhat ridiculous, quest. As Soholia's soft voice rang to Phaedra's, Levi's examined her. She had a beautiful glow about her, kindness and loyalty, Levi liked that about her. Her natural beauty, she looked like an angel horse. Her snow white pelt shimmered as she looked as though she was floating on a cloud of feathers(her wings) that carried her to where she pleased. Honestly, any stallion would be lucky to have such a wonderful mare, Levi was somewhat disappointed he hadn't met her before. A frown appeared down the lip of his mouth. Why was love so impossible to him? Why the heck, couldn't someone love him? Levi was more impatient about things. He still needed to learn self-control and maybe that things would come with time if he waited patiently. Levi figured that only happened in fairy tales and this was reality, not some fairy tale with a happy ending.

Levi caught Phaedra's smirk if she were saying "Well, get your ass over here and help us!" Quickly he sped up to the mares as he thought about what Phaedra asked him. "Know anyone who fits that description Levi?" Thinking about suitors that he might be able to find for her, suddenly a thought appeared in his mind. There was a new Pegasus in the throat named Note. He seemed like a good age for her and maybe would be a possible suitor? Wait, then there was Yiska. Yiska was also a new stallion that recently joined the herd. Both of them didn't have mates and maybe they would want one? He would have to find out. His wings stretched out as his look of concentration turned confident. Gleefully he told the information he knew “Okay, so I know of two who may be good in her favor. There are two new members to the Throat. Their names are Yiska and Note. They may be good for her, for I know they seem nice.” Perching forwards he turned his gaze to Soholia. His eyes sparkled at hers as she talked. “Soholia, I am truly impressed. I just can’t believe you would do this… offer your love to mare you just met? I mean, your amazingly sweet and I wanted to thank you also. You are going to be one true friend.” He shot a smile at her as he swooped underneath Phaedra to reach her side. “Not that I’m being rude to Phaedra, but why would you do this, I mean are you just really that nice?” He cocked his head to the side as his smile took over his maw. He was so baffled that someone would do something like that, especially because Soholia didn’t know Phaedra. Wow.. he thought What a mare.

I take a moment to allow myself to consider what I would look for in a suitor. A soft giggle escapes me, and I am reminded of younger, easier days, when I stood with my young friends, discussing our future princes in soft whispers, heads together, bonding through shared dreams. I miss those days; everything was so much simpler then, and I had not yet lost the life that I had been born into. But alas, then is not now, and I am far too infatuated with the potential for love to spend time thinking of such sad things. But I do feel as though I have returned to that moment in time as I find myself unconsciously wandering closer to Phaedra, as though to once more revel in the secrets of youth.

"He would be handsome," I say dreamily, though I know how shallow this makes me sound. "I should like someone who is kind to me, and loves me for me. Someone who will start a family, and be a good father as well as a good mate. He should be intelligent; I enjoy a good debate every now and then, though I should never want it to become an argument." Well, that is a good enough start, I suppose. In truth, I am not a very picky fae. I simply want someone whose company I can enjoy, and who can enjoy mine. I want to grow old with someone. "Oh, and he should be faithful. I wouldn't want to share."

And then there is Levi, pulled back into the conversation by Phaedra. I should take notes on how to keep others involved. He offers a few names, none of which I know, and then turns to me, addressing several quick questions to me. I tilt my head, considering him for a moment. He's a bit overeager, but he really isn't so bad, and he seems to have a good heart. But still, I'm not sure I could fall in love with him. I laugh suddenly at my thoughts, now so directed at choosing a love that I was analyzing the first stallion to be around! "I suppose it is rather strange," I muse. "I believe that things happen for a reason. At each crossroads in life, we make choices that determine how our life will go. Had I chosen not to come here today, I would not have had this opportunity; to me that seems a sign that I ought to take advantage of the quest that she has been given."

[W/C | ---]

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Deceased
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

This was definitely doable.

Phaedra turned her green optimistic gaze towards Sohalia once more. She felt...bonded to the mare, almost. They were after a common goal, after all. For Sohalia, the outcome would be love afterlasting. Hopefully. For Phae, it would be a different sort of love. But then again, were they not both looking for family? As Sohalia spoke of the crossroads of life, and how things seemed to come together, Phae couldn't help but think that meeting Levi on the beach, had been no accident either. He seemed to more more of the Helovian population than either of them did, and would prove a much-needed ally in completing her quest. Her mind reeled as she imagined all the ways that this scenario could have been prevented - just from the smallest of things either happening, or not.

For the first time in her life, she was grateful, for having made the acquaintance of another. Normally, Phae simply tolerated the presence of others, and thought no more of them, when they weren't around. These two however....these two would prove paramount in her life, based on the outcome of this quest. Turning from Sohalia and Levi, Phaedra spread her large wings - flapping them a few times to remove the tension which had built up. "Well, we won't find your Prince Charming, just standing around" Phae said, looking at Sohalia optimistically. Then she turned a flirtatiously amused gaze towards Levi. " Well? Are you coming?" She inquired, flapping her wings and miming impatience.

I did my best, it wasn't much.
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you.
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

Hidden Account
Ava
"I suppose it is rather strange," Sohalia muses. "I believe that things happen for a reason. At each crossroads in life, we make choices that determine how our life will go. Had I chosen not to come here today, I would not have had this opportunity; to me that seems a sign that I ought to take advantage of the quest that she has been given."

Listening, his ears perked up as she spoke. Sohalia really seemed to know what she was talking about. The way she lit up as she spoke about love and then herself. Levi didn't really know too much about love, just that it was something that everyone wanted so desperately and he couldn't really figure out why. Why the rush? Why couldn't everyone just get that being normal is fine to. Although, Levi was used to being a lone so therefore it wasn't anything much to him, until the one day that it hit him when he would find his love. Turning his head he flickered his eyes towards her in a drawing gaze “Well, I still don’t understand how you could be so open, but I guess that’s just something that’s part of your wonderful personality.” His eyes seemed to smile at her as the flew gracefully through the air.

“Well, we won’t find your Prince Charming, just standing around.” He could hear the irritation in Phaedra’s voice, Levi could tell she was getting excited to go find Soholia’s “prince charming”. He knew Soholia would find a good suitor and plus she seemed to know what she was doing anyhow. “Well? Are you coming?” Turning her gaze to Levi, she shot him a flirtatious look. Levi looked at her with a flirtatious grin and said sarcastically “Yes, coming mother.” Chuckling to himself he caught up to Phaedra’s right side nudging into her gently. He loved playing around it was so much fun to do, especially when there was someone who could also get you back just as good.