the Rift

A new chance at forgivness

Broken Promises Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Broken Promises paws at the ground. There isnt a chance i'll make it it had been so long since she had even a lick of water. With her wings at her sides she trudges on. The air felt humid and damp not her favorite type of weather. Her ears prick foward listening for the sounds of movment. Movment usauly meant animals or better yet horses, that had to mean there was a small pool of water or a stream nearby. No animals could live in such a place without it.

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

[[ooc: Please make sure you check your word count. Posts must exceed 100 words. Yours is 90 so it isn't as bad but please glance at the Threshold rules.]]

Despite Kri telling the members that they should only leave the borders in pairs, Cera couldn't help but explore. With her desires to increase their sparring Midas had been around even less, always tired when he returned home. The little colt was patient but very sad that his father was being worked so hard. And anyways the Threshold wasn't that far...right?

Oh well. Big green eyes took in the familiar snowy scenery as he trotted along happily, shuffling his wings and glancing about. He knew this land well from constantly slipping out of the borders to find adventure. It would take him mere seconds to find safety if he were in danger. But danger wasn't even close to the colts mind. It was such a beautiful day! Freezing cold, and therefor hard on his thin frame, but activity kept him moderately warm.

A rock had placed itself hidden beneath the snow and tiny caramel hooves tripped over it as it was discovered rather surprisingly. Cera, with his long lanky legs, had constantly been tripping over them. Despite having gotten better he still knew well the flailing and falling. Which he now experienced, landing in a flop of sprawled legs and wings. Whining and pouting he collected himself and rocked back up into a standing position. Shaking off the snow attached to him. As he did this the sound of hooves crunching snow hit his ears making them prick and swivel in that direction. Whickering in greeting and prancing over to meet the stranger.

"Hellooo?" Calling out in a happy chirp. Finally spotting the mare and feeling triumphant as he bounced towards her. He'd never seen her in these lands before. After scenting the air he determined that she didn't smell like Wanyecha had- the Foothills. And certainly not the Throat. "I'm Cera!" Makig sure to watch the sun. Last time he'd been in the Threshold too long, Midas had been frantic trying to find him. Swearing to himself he would be home in time to greet him.
Image by Alex
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Unregistered
ooc kk thanks for the heads up.

"Hello" she whinnied trying not to sound grateful. "Im Broken Promises, but you can call me Broken or my full name." She neighed shuffling her hooves for what she was about to say, "I am afraid i might be lost, but for sure i'm tired and thristy." she sighed. Her dark eyes trained on the colt, those dark almost black eyes. Her wings were tucked at her sides to keep the moisture from reaching her skin.

"do you happen to know where there might be a small pond?" she asked him. her legs were shaking, there was no doubt she was weak and this horse could kill her with only a few kicks. So she was being careful of what she said. She took a step back so she had a better chance of maybye outrunning him, for she was too weak to fly.

Her eyes met his curious ones and she called back to him in greeting. Announcing herself just as Cera had. He tilted his head to the side and mouthed her name to himself a few times before he understood it. Giggling and smiling at her once he got it down. "Okay!" After encountering so many horses with strange names, he wasn't bothered by hers. After all his sounded like a girl name so he couldn't judge. Then again Cera loved his name.

Drawn back to the present he watched her awkwardly shuffle her hooves through the snow. Ebony forelegs striking against the snow as she asked him whether he knew of a close water source. In his mind a mental map appeared in a flash. The closest water source he knew was near Thistle Meadow, where the river split into the Threshold. Nodding, excited to have a task. Innocence clouding his eyes from her wariness of him.

Little sand and snow colored face turned instinctively towards the river. They would have to walk south towards the merge of the Threshold and the Deep Forest. "Yup! It's toward home! Near Deep Forest. Come on! I take you!" Eagerly turning south, nearly bouncing with excitement. They weren't far from it, so Broken wouldn't have to walk too long of a distance. She was lucky to be where she was. Little wings flapped joyously as he pranced ahead of her, leading the way cheerily. Turning his head back to look at her and hopping on. "You no have herd?" Still a little troubled by this. Cera knew the different herd scents and couldn't imagine living alone again. Before Midas had found the orphaned Cera, he had been lonely and scared every day. His herd was his safety net. Broken being new and unclaimed made him worry for her.

"I from Dragon's Throat! You no know Helovia land?" She surely didn't if she asked where the nearest water was. He was hardly five months old and knew the land like an expert. Then again he was born here. Unknowing if he bothered her with his constant chattering. Midas and all his other friends accepted his constant talking and he remained unaware of his own exuberance.
Image by Alex

Unregistered
She eagerly followed Cera. Some of his questions puzzled her. "no, i'm not one of a herd." she answerd. It had all been back in her homeland. She winced at the memories , Watching her mother fall, hearing the terrible screams of her sister. The one memory was watching her dad fly noff into the dark night, abandoning all of his family.

She remberd her heart pounding, sweat rolling down her body. Fleeing blindly through the trees while screams echoed through the night. These were the memories of her home.

She shook her head and went back to paying attention to Cera. "Excuse me for asking, but what is Dragons Throat?" she felt curiosty tugging at her wings.

Visage crinkled with confusion when Cera inquired if she was part of a herd. Was she completely new here? Cera had never been outside of Helovia and therefor had no idea of the other lands off the peninsula. "Oh! You like Helovia, I promise! Not always so cold." Pouting childishly. He preferred warmer weather. Being so thin he often had to hide against the side of various herd members, trembling and whimpering. It was rumored to be an especially long and fierce Frostfall and Cera hated it.

With his constant glancing back, Cera caught the emotions and pain in her eyes. Frowning and turning back to gently touch his muzzle to hers, neck stretching up. Hoping he had comforted her from her memories he smiled and pranced back to lead her forward. Answering her question as he went. "Dragons Throat is here in South. For Pegasi! Deep Forest has...Ktulu? She lead The Grey, accept all." Remembering Midas speaking of his friend Ktulu and how she was the leader of The Grey. What else...oh yes Wanyecha! "Windtossed Foothills for no horn, no wing. Edge for...horned? I think. And Ex-Edge. Throat fought them, they ran to the cold lands." Remembering Midas leaving for war and frowning a little.

They were approaching the river soon. Cera could see the natural symbols of water. Snow thinned, trees were thicker and stronger, the scent of the air. The sound of it was heard within a few minutes. The dead bushes had to be pushed through, but before them was the end of the river. It was fresher towards the south west where it ran faster but the snow kept it clean and Broken would benefit from it. "Here! I told you!" Proudly jumping around and letting his wings snap out and lift him a few inches into a little hop. He stayed close to the edge but didn't step in. He would freeze thoroughly if he dared to do that.
Image by Alex

Unregistered
She listend to every word as Cera described Helovia. It sounded like a nice place to settle down, maybye even join a herd. She quickly shook the thought remembering why she was there.

At the sight of the river she spread her wings, the span of them was no doubt larg for her age. she flaped them a bit but had to stop , her wings hurt from the effort. She had not flown in a week. She was too weak to do so.

She stuck her nose into the flowing river not caring how cold it was. When she finally felt like she might have swalloed the whole river she lifted her head, she looked at Cera. "Thank you so much, Cera. i couldn't have made it much further without water"

Unbothered by the fact that Broken mostly kept quiet, Cera chattered on about the herds. Though he didn't know them well, children had ears of corn and often stored away rumors better than the gossip mill. That, and he wandered quite often into the lands Midas had introduced to him. Never far past the Deep Forest or the Threshold, as that's when other herd territories appeared.

Cold wind blew off the river and the thin babe retreated a few steps with a shiver, curling his wings about him like a blanket. Broken on the other hand stretched here out before dropping them once more. As she quenched her thirst his curiosity took hold and he wandered a few steps away to paw at the frozen rocks, intrigued by the different colors. When she spoke he lifted his head, blinking at her for a moment before his distraction left and he realized what she had said. Giggling and nodding at her, glad he had done something right. "You welcome!"

Living in the desert around an oasis he carried his water fairly well and didn't need it as often, so he didn't approach the freezing currents. Emerald orbs turned to the shadow canvased mare in curiosity. Where would she go now? "Where you go now? You no have home, where you go to then? I don't understand..." Speaking slowly, brows drawn together with worry. He couldn't imagine not having a home, or even a place to return to! Wondering how Broken could live like that, in solitude. It was completely foreign to the colt.
Image by Alex

Unregistered
Broken to another sip, it was so good but it made her teeth chatter. Water, was water and Broken seemed to had never been more grateful for it. The water brushing against her hooves would have botherd her but not that day.

Broken looked up at Cera, she had thought about this but never decided on anything. She sighed A pulled her wings closer to her. "honestly, Cera I have thought about this" she told him "i am still young, I have no family and I am chasing a hopless dream. It's been long and hard, and I haven't decided." she looked away "eventually I will walk into hostile territory, and be killed or captured."

She stared at herself in the stream "I was not raised here in Helovia and I would have died if you hadn't found me."

Letting Broken replenish herself, Cera wandered a few steps down the riverside, examining things that caught his attention. Imagining bridges, wells, pulleys. Systems that took shape in his mind. Crafter at heart, forever and always. Even so young he desired to build, to create things that no other being had seen. Distracted, he nearly missed when Broken began speaking. Turning his head and trotting back to listen to her.

It was true she was young. Though he was only barely five months old, she would be approaching three times his age. Though it seemed old, Broken wasn't even into womanhood. She was still hardly just a babe, when maturity came along around three summers. Sympathetic and understanding emerald eyes met hers, knowing the pain of having no family. The only difference being his mother had abandoned him in the Throat for Midas to find. Cera would never take it back either way, he loved his life now and wished for nothing else. "I was left in Throat by mother, daddy Midas found me. I sorry, Broken. Not good to have no family." Hoping he wasn't offending her, as he didn't know how she had lost her family. Death, war...those things were never spoken around his young ears, and he didn't know them at all. The cherub had never experienced any tragedy.

When she spoke of being killed or captured he whimpered loudly in despair. Eyes wide in horror at the mere thought. He simply couldn't allow it to happen, not to his new friend! Her words struck something inside him, a feeling of doing something right and honorable. He had saved her, in a way, if what she spoke was true. "No! Broken can't die, I won't let you. I...I always lived here. Broken, come to Throat. I can help! Throat will love you! I promise." Voice growing a little desperate. He couldn't simply abandon her! It seemed so dreadfully wrong, leaving her to her own devices when she didn't even know the land.
Image by Alex