the Rift

;; cross my heart [Phi, Mirage, Any]

Adele Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The gentle spring breeze barley ruffled the flaming child's mane. Vera chirped from her hiding spot within her mane. Her barley foot long body pressed tightly against the fire-childs poll. Adele lifted her head, her steady breath sending puffs of condensed air into the air. Vera then clambered into the sitting position atop her poll, balancing herself with the spiky white tail.

In frustration Adele stamped her translucent hoof against the dirt, sending dry particulates flying. He still wasn't here. There was not one sign of Terrador. Her family was gone. Whatever. There wasn't a singly thing she could do about it now. Vera cooed, reaching her pearlescent head down to nuzzle between Adele's eyes. One long, loud sigh erupted from Adele's throat, followed by a low groan. She didn't want to go back, she didn't want to rebuild from the rubble once again, but it looked like she would have to.

With another indignant snort, she moved forward into Helovia. Afraid of what was to be found. Maybe Phi would be here, maybe not. Who knew. All in the world was a guessing game, a mystery. A long call erupted from both Adele and Vera, who then hid back in flaming-childs mane, ready to pounce on any strangers who dare hurt her best friend.

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

Roaming eyes could search all they liked; it was unlikely they would settle upon the shimmering, fuzzy image of the little shadow that stalked the Threshold. A golden ray of sunlight – or was it a dragon? – filtered through the canopy above, darting this way and that. It was indeed a dragon, a queenly one at that, golden as the sun’s surface, glittering brighter than a sparkling crystal. The creature was bonded to the shadow-mare, by a link than ran deeper than even the ties blood could offer, a bond that combined their very souls and minds.

The singsong call of the equine and dragon were noticed, particularly by the dragon, who created a colourful trilling song as she flew above the fiery filly’s stance. Motions were made, a little ways away, by a dark smudge of a mare, it was difficult to know however – if one did manage to focus upon it for more than a second, they might think it was merely a trick of the sun’s heat, and continue on with their life. But it was a living, breathing creature who orchestrated this magic, this magic that defined her, just as her bond with her dragon did.

A smooth melody was hummed from the maw of the mistress, as she crept closer to the youthful femme. The shimmering veil fell away from her, and as she approached it was as if she were pulling herself directly from the shadows of the surrounding forest. The Threshold was a comfortable realm, for this mare enjoyed forests, but it was too close to the outskirts, too near to the part where Helovia became undefined and the wilds of the outside world more dominant over one’s existence. Warm, honey-gold eyes peered out from beneath silken tendrils of the charred mare’s forelock, a kind gaze held within them, though very little else was expressed by this devious little mare.

“Greetings.” The mare’s accented tones stated, and she bowed her sculpted tiara to both equine and dragon. Mirage always felt a certain pull towards those who were also bonded, even if the pale dragon she was bonded to was at the bottom of the draconic hierarchy. Akaith usually only treated wild dragons of lesser colours with disdain, she treated most companion dragons whichever way her bonded treated them – usually.

“What brings you to Helovia?” The question was posed politely enough, a whisper of a smile hinting at the corner of her lips. The mare’s gaze roamed over the young belle, she was perhaps not that young, maybe only just coming of age, discovering the world for all it was worth. She stood upon the doorstep of a realm of opportunity, would she take the next step or would she trip at the doorway? Akaith glided easily down from the canopy now, alighting upon the obsidian one’s hide as delicately as a feather might land upon a pillow.

Torasin Posts: 132
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 8
imi
[Image: tortable.png]
The threshold came into view and Torasin took in the familiar surroundings. It was a familiar scent that first triggered him to this place, he knew Mirage was here but something smelt vaguely of the Oasis. Ears tweaked as the double cry drifted into his lobes, both equine and dragon and they did not belong to Mirage and Akaith. Torasin picked up into a swift trot, Kiba took to the sky eagerly looking for Akaith and the new dragon. Trees parted and both Tor and Kiba emerged on the little meeting, Kiba soaring off to Akaith squawking a greeting to Vera on the way. The young brown not entirely concerned by the white, his youth making him brave. His flight drifted slowly to a stop as he glided down smoothly onto Mirage's hide next to Akaith, his slender appearance intensified by the gold's stature.

Flames for mane and diamond hooves could only signify that the daughter of Aera had come to Helovia. Torasin bellowed a greeting to Mirage before turning to the filly "Adele! It is great to see you again." The former healer approached her, grassy eyes beaming as he took in her coat. His own ocean and stars had disappeared when he had entered Helovia, yet she still retained the gift given by the sparkly goop they had both encountered that day. On this day the only thing that was different about Torasin was the symbol that was now tattooed on his left thigh. Happiness. It seemed Helovia wanted to make its own mark on him, a rather apt one at that.

Kiba, come meet Vera

Torasin thought to his dragon. Mind speech was a long way off for the two, but at least the brown could understand his bonded's thoughts. "Vera, meet Kiba. A brown I found here in Helovia" the young dragon moved swiftly into the air from Mirage and landed onto the pale neck of Torasin. Peering curiously between his buttery ears at the white.

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
BLAME IT ON HELL'S FIRE AND ON MY DESIRES
THE SKIES ARE CRYING
BLOOD.

The more she thought about it, the more the mare realized that she was in a terrible and miserable transition. She was stuck in a phase where she was neither child nor adult. She neither belonged to this world or her old one. Ophelia was stuck, trapped in this world between worlds this age between ages. Old memories sprang clear as day, though bathed in darkness, and as she looked up at the sky now, it seemed less bright, less... blue.

She decided to search, perhaps leave this world behind. Ktulu would hate her for it, but she had seen what she had seen here. None of it mattered. The young mare, her coat now white as snow and mane bright crimson on the fringes, walked through the Threshold.

Voices, like murmurs underwater, broke through her melancholy, and Ophelia turned her head to the side, curiosity now controlling her steps. One murmur sounded familiar. The young uniquine brushed through the trees and was surprised to see none other than a childhood friend show up at the doorstep of this new and different world. "Adele..." Ophelia trailed, the hints of a smile on her lips.

Her two different colored eyes looked her friend over. "You have grown! And so has Vera." The dragon, just as beautiful and white as always hiding in the fiery mane. Ophelia took a glance at the other two equines in the trees, and her spiraled, white horn suddenly seemed overly conspicuous. Her cloven hooves turned strange markings in the earth, though otherwise, she looked rather normal.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Unregistered
The first to answer her call was a black mare, looked almost like her mom, and for a moment, she wondered. However, all ponderous thoughts were reigned back when the mare spoke, and a gold dragon descended upon her body. Vera hummed quietly into Adele's ears, trying to make her feel better. "Hello, and a place really, some place to start over I guess." Adele wasn't even quite sure what she wanted.

Adele was then taken aback by a familiar scent. This was really beginning to become an assault on her senses, and she wasn't quite sure what to expect. However, as the pale figured approached, it was easy to see it was Torasin. However, it seemed that with him was a brown dragon, an excited yellow color erupted into Adele's mind, coming from the tiny dragon. Maybe she could actually have a friend outside of Adele, and Adele felt that vague thought, thinking a sarcastic whimper which Vera rolled her eyes at. When the dragon, Kiba as he called him, landed upon Torasin's back, Vera peeped her head up over Aera's poll. Her slender, tiny white face cocked curiously to the side as her milky white eyes scrutinized the brown. A curious call chirruped from her throat, meaning nothing in particular, but she wanted to see if this dragon would give her the time of day. Then, her eyes glanced to the gold, giving a head nod, and the same small chirp. However, Adele was ignoring the exchange between dragons. "Torasin! It's wonderful to see you two! And my, what a dragon you've got there." She said, nodding towards the brown.

Then, just when she thought the little pow-ow was going to close off from others, a familiar figured moved forward, however this one, even Vera knew very well. A trill of happiness trilled from her lips as she sat atop Aera's poll, her small body shaking with delight, and her tail gently swinging back and forth, showing her contentment. Adele's smile grew on her face as Ophelia spoke. "Ophelia!" She exclaimed, this time taking a step forward closer to her. "How have you been?" This time, Vera moved down her face, and her claws clung gently to Adele's nose as she extended her small body to move closer to Ophelia. When she found she was stable enough, she offered a small, toothy smile before climbing back up Adele's face to sit atop her poll.

"Well, if any would like to help me, I need a recap on what's happened and maybe places I could go. That would me nice." She said with an awkward smiling, leaving it to be answered by anyone as she stepped back from Ophelia to assess the group.

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

It was not long before the familiar, warming scent and sight of Torasin happened upon Mirage’s senses, and the belle offered a quiet whicker in response to his enthusiastic trumpet in recognition. He was familiar with the femme, and she realised that the lingering scents of Isilme were upon her hide, she should have detected it sooner, but they were faded scents, faded in her mind as memories lived a lifetime ago. The flamed flicka was curious in hue, but otherwise she seemed but another equine bonded to a dragon, but now Mirage recognised the touch of the lands of Isilme upon her. Kiba’s weight was welcome upon her withers, Akaith greeting him in her draconic way, her rough tongue running over the youth much like a mother would wipe clean the dirty cheeks of her son with a damp tissue.

Another arrived, this one horned, and pale in hue, with streaks of crimson staining the very tips of her long silken tendrils. Mirage had to wonder who she was, but her silent query was answered soon when this, Adele, exclaimed the name of the unicorn; Ophelia. The horned one smelt of the dusty desert lands where Pegasus mostly flew, though the charred one knew it to welcome most others should they prove worthy of warranting an invite. That the belle must have earned some regard of Kri’s allowed Mirage to view her with the same quiet regard, her tiara tilting in silent acknowledgement. The fiery flicka requested a regurgitation of the happenings – did she mean the happenings of Helovia or Isilme? She wanted a realm to start anew; certainly she had wandered to the right realm to find such a thing.

“Isilme has fallen. Many travel from there to here, seeking refuge, or similar to yourself, a fresh beginning.” The mare stated easily, she held few cares for the lands of Isilme, though they gave her Akaith, little else kept her tied to the lands. “You may wander wherever you wish; my band welcomes those who seek protection, though we do not call a specific ream our homeland yet.” Glancing at Torasin, she smiled a small, shadowy smile. “Forgive me, I’m yet to introduce myself; I am Mirage, and my bonded, Akaith.” The golden queen ruffled her scales, beautiful was something that easily described her, and she, like most dragons, was very prone to vanity. But she greeted the others with a colourful trill, despite their lack of metallic hues, that they were bonded to equines spoke leagues about both dragon and horse’s characters.

Torasin Posts: 132
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 8
imi
[Image: tortable.png]
Torasin watched in interest as another came by, she was a unicorn filly who had interesting red ends to her hair. Scents were rolling off from all different directions and Torasin quickly deduced that the arid smell floating around must be this filly, she came from the Throat. They too seemed to mix their herd, unlike the supremacist group found in the Edge. He listened to her youthful voice as she too seemed to know Adele from the past, although he had never met Ophelia he was glad more had made it over here. Kiba watched Vera in keen interest as answered her curious call in a rather loud trill of his own. It was meant in greeting, but the brown never did much quietly.

Tor smiled at her compliment of Kiba, looking at him fondly as she did so. Mirage came to the fore then, the oh so familiar vocals answering the question little Adele inquired. She did it so well, so kind and informing in her voice. Torasin tended to make a conversation of it before finally getting to the point an hour after meeting them. It was unlikely anyone would ever describe him as being abrupt. Kiba was sending amused waves at the paints thoughts to which the latter frowned at the former. He liked a good conversation, what was wrong with that? Mirage commented on the Qian to which Tor caught the shadowy smile and he laughed back at her. The little band she had slowly formed was becoming more and more like an army each day, Torasin didn't even know how he became part of it. He just was. Not that it bothered him in anyway at all, he was no leader but he took commands well. Especially if Mirage directed them.

The paint turned his attention back to their little gathering as Mirage finished what she was saying. "I too am part of the band Mirage speaks of. It has become a good foundation after the fall of Isilme..." His thoughts trailed off. Torasin tried not to think about the previous land he had been part of, the healer of Oasis. He sighed he could not of been there earlier, to enjoy the old land for longer.

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
BLAME IT ON HELL'S FIRE AND ON MY DESIRES
THE SKIES ARE CRYING
BLOOD.

A joyful smile spread across Ophelia's lips and her sadness over her old home had slid into the background. Her heart soared happily at the sight of her old friend, and she thought back to how she helped hunt for the white dragon who now sat atop Adele's head. The dragon seemed eager to talk to her again, and Ophelia arched her neck up to say hello, blowing kindly through her nose at the chortling creature. "You look stunning and so grown up, Vera!" she told the dragon.

Her comfort with the fire-breathing creature gave away her equine blood, and she glanced at the two hornless who also approached. Torasin was a name she recognized, but she committed the others to memory. When Adele asked her questions, the horned filly took a few steps back and her ears slid to the side, heterochromatic eyes filling with sadness.

"I have been as well as I can be. This is as calm as my life has been in a very long well, and I am still adjusting," she replied softly. The memory of being kidnapped, taken away from her sister and family before the shades broke out made her cringe, and she shivered. "On a brighter note, my sister Ktulu's, legs were healed by the Earth God." She smiled. "There are gods here, which is strange, but interesting. Most of us have made it away safely to here. Others may be in other lands, but many have fallen."

Ophelia sighed and glanced once more at the other two, nodding her head respectfully. "I live with my sister and the Pegasi in the Dragon's Throat, but my parents live in the Foothills with Smoke. Do not venture to the World's Edge - they harbor hatred for all without a horn." The young filly stared curiously at the other equines. "I have heard positively about Mirage and Torasin. If you go with them, I will visit as often as I am allowed." She smiled kindly.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

Aaron
And shepherds we shall be, For Thee, my Lord, for Thee
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be
In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti

Late as ever, but then againg the colt sis not often wander to the Threshold. Today for some reason he felt drawn there, as if maybe just maybe he would find someone that he knew. Aaron of course by now never had his hopes up. His larger frame moved slow in the heat. However he was slightly glad the God of the Sun had blessed him with the magic he had asked for. His footsteps fell heavy, almost dreading what he would find in the Threshold.

However his eyes flashed to a chocolate color the moment the group came into view. "Aunt Adele!" he exclamied running forward not paying any attention to those around him. He stopped short, still not used to her firey mane. However he smiled and nosed her neck gently. It was then he really paid attention to the others and all the dragons. "Oh um... " He stepped back quickly and shyly. If it could his face would of turned a bright pink if not red... Especially when he realized Phi was there.... He stood quietly, embarressed by his childish actions. His eyes looked to Phi as he nodded, still not speaking out of embarressment.

Unregistered
The compliment that Vera recieved quickly led to a trill of glee as she settled back into Adele's mane, and a smile was given as she heard the good news of her sisters legs. Then everything quickly turned to more business like matters. The information pouring out quickly, about an actual, stable outcast band, and of herds mixing with different races. Everything was so... different now.

Adele tilted her head in thought, as Vera flashed images of whom she thought she'd like to follow. Of course her images flashed pictures of Ophelia, she was a familiar trustworthy face. Adele contemplated them both. Each had a good sense of family, which is what she had been craving. However, she knew she couldn't head back to Smoke and the others. Aera had really been her only connection to them, and with her gone, she felt more distant from them. Nor could she deal with the pain of going back to them and hearing their condolences.

She had a few questions first for both groups before she would make her decision set in stone. First, she turned to Mirage. "For starters, it is wonderful to meet you and your dragon. Im Adele, and this is Vera, as you have probably heard." At the sound of her name, Vera popped her head back over Adele's poll and offered another awkward, toothy smile before settling back onto Adele's neck. "Now that introductions are over, I have a few questions for you. One, who is currently with the group besides you and Torasin? And what are your motives if you do not reside together?" She paused for a few moments to allow time for response, and then she turned to Ophelia. Probably her closest friend now, besides Vera. "And for you Ophelia, who do you currently work under? And what are their motives?"

Suddenly, another familiar scent bombarded her as Aaron came bounding into the scene. A gleeful whinny was given to him as he approached and brushed his nose over her neck. She too offered a comforting graze as she ran her muzzle along his cheek. She noticed his body tense as her realized that there were others in the situation. "Hey Aaron, Its wonderful to see you! We were just discussing places where I might be able to call home again." She said, trying her best to make him feel a little less awkward in the situation.