the Rift

Tearing sutures out to make the anguish last. [Midas]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I'LL WEAVE YOUR NAMES INTO MY RIBCAGE,</style>
lock your hearts inside my chest.</style>

It was my sense of responsibility that likely crippled me. For too long, I had been trapped under the thumb of leadership, playing the role that all of the herd expected of me. I did not fear responsibility, nor did I regret my decision to protect each individual in this herd with my life, but sometimes the wind which gently touched my face was a painful reminder that I am not free. Freedom was granted to those with no ties to such things as herds. Freedom was granted to the citizens of my herd, and the price for such a novelty was throwing myself in the cage that had become my life. Live to protect others. Breathe to protect others.

That is my responsibility.

Walking from the meeting my head is held high, but as soon as the cavernous tunnels of the sandstone waves is behind me, the echoes of chatter from those I protect dying off into nothing but white noise, I let out a heavy sigh. My crown falls, sluggishly from my head as I lower my gaze to the red rocks of my home, the afternoon sun slipping below the horizon and painting everything in the day's fresh blood of crimson as it dies, transitioning into night. Stars began to pull over, the dark purple hues opposite to the burning sun mimicking the dark blue tones of my own eyes. It seemed like a sorrowful goodbye.

I had chosen the golden boy to lead beside me, and while he accepted it with a smile, feeling pride fill his chest, soon he would learn the cage to which I have assigned him. I would laugh bitterly like a villain if tears might not threaten to fall from my face and onto the cooling winter floor. I am tired, so very tired, but the beaming faces which surrounded me were a reminder to keep pushing myself. This was worth it. Everything I had sacrificed for them was worth it. Even the kindhearted, pale face of my daughter reminded me that my position as head of the herd was right. Even if I was not the carefree mare that I had once known years before when I stepped into the land of Isilme, I am following what my heart feels is the correct path for me.

A whistle of wind at my forelock, though, lets me know that the temptation of freedom would loom ever present. If only I could fly away from this place and not return; if only that action meant to set me free would not also kill me from the inside out. If only.
""

KRI the Resolute</style>
I WILL GIVE YOUR HEART A PLACE TO REST AFTER EVERYTHING YOU HAD HAS TURNED AND LEFT.</style>

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
Had the headmistress offered her thoughts outloud to a silently following lad, they might be mimicked by an echoing response that laced no similarity to that of stone. Midas also felt the weight of innocent souls upon his breast; they felt just as heavy as the magical collar around his shoulders. Choices that he had chosen to wear with pride and honor, as one would hope every soul did in their lifetime or the next. After the meeting, questions, and chatter, he had watched from a standing point in the crowd as Kri took her leave from the group. Midas wanted to speak with his sultana. Attention sought her until chocolate body disappeared from sight. Turning to Cera he told standing youth kindly, “to head for Oasis and await his arrival”; after assuring his words met agreement, Midas trotted round to catch up with Kri.

She had already dropped her composure long before he caught up, body slowed to a quiet walk; muffled sand ridden steps did nothing to announce approach, so he snorted out a soft nicker so not to catch her unaware. Approaching with dipped skull as was polite and proper for her rank he murmured, “Sultana,” breathing out, “I have reason to speak, if you can spare a moment?” Gaze remained low, resisting the urge to gage her response by looking up, and instead awaiting approval or rejection. Magic had only come to him during the change of seasons; its threads were woven much tighter than before. In summary, he was confident in ability to assist in construction of her wall.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I'LL WEAVE YOUR NAMES INTO MY RIBCAGE,</style>
lock your hearts inside my chest.</style>

Sorrow gave way to alert tension as I here the steps of an approach. I lift my head up high once more, ropes straining to lift such a weight against a heavy heart, my hard face taking to curious lines as I turn to see one of my generals. I smile meekly, unable to greet him in a manner that would be acceptable on other days. My blue eyes linger on the gold markings surrounding his eyes before they sinking into the abyss of brightly colored irises. I could see a question posed on his lips before he even opens his mouth, and I sigh inwardly. Still, I hold up my sagging shoulders with willpower born of a stubborn child. Glancing at him carefully, making sure not to reveal my inward thoughts through my eyes even while balancing a delicate layer of attention to his words.

Sultana, my ears flick back in annoyance, though not at my good hearted solider. I felt no ill will toward Midas so much as the flowery title, and I could almost grimace from the way it sounded in replayed in my mind. "My name is Kri," I say sharply in reprimand, looking at him with eyes that have regained some of their lost fire. "No matter what titles the land gives me, I would have you call me by the name given by my parents." My name, after all, was one of the few lasting details I held of my parents. I do not recall much of them, except their names and the vague color of their coats so similar to my own. Therefore, the name is like a keepsake, tucked carefully into my heart. If I listen well enough to the beating in my ribs, I can sometimes here the softened voice of my mother chiding me by that same name.

Back then, Kri was just a troublemaking, violent filly. Now, Kri is the name of a leader who would gain respect from this stallion, much more worthy of praise. How we change over the years.

"I always have a moment for any of this herd."
""

KRI the Resolute</style>
I WILL GIVE YOUR HEART A PLACE TO REST AFTER EVERYTHING YOU HAD HAS TURNED AND LEFT.</style>

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
"My name is Kri," a half smile formed at her blunt distaste for labels; quickly Midas chased it away for fear of offending his ladyship. Gaze trailed up and found that she wasn’t entirely done, "No matter what titles the land gives me, I would have you call me by the name given by my parents,” ‘fair enough’, he thought kindly while murmuring, “Apologies, Kri,” in humbled tone. The feathers along his spine shifted with the evening breeze; straightening a little Midas stilled their movement and tried to look more professional than he felt.

"I always have a moment for any of this herd."

Trying to not waste her time, Midas went straight to the point through visual demonstration. Calling for magical threads within a beating chest, the throat general summon small shapes of sand below and ahead of them. Three shapes formed, circle, triangle, and finally after some concentration—a square. They circled innocently before colliding with each other to create a thin shield of glistening golden sand. He didn’t know how far this gift could go, but the idea of testing limits excited him in many different ways.

“Lady Moon granted me a talent; I wish to use this for the benefit of the wall….if you have need for it.”
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]