the Rift

Taint My Blood [d'Artagnan]

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

"Seek out d'Artagnan and allow him to poison you. With that poison still coursing through your system come back to me. If you survive the journey back I will grant you what you wish."

d'Artagnan. Whispers of the doctor were not hard to find. One merely had to ask the right questions, and that was what Lakota had done. He was a part of Mauja's band, a celebrity of the cold lands that Lakota found distasteful. The shadowed forests that housed the Grey were much more suited to her tastes. In the darkness she could slip away unseen. In the drained, colorless world of the Steppe she was a blotch that was easily spotted. The fae refused to enter the lands of snow and ice. It was not her territory, and Lakota recognized this despite her attitude. Already she was far from the Veins, and the trek would be long and agonizingly painful. It would be nearly impossible to make it, but Lakota would not waver. She had felt pain's tight grip before.

And if she did not make it, then Ithrim, beautiful Ithrim with his kind and loving face, would greet her on the other side.

She was in the South West of the fields, and tilted her head to the skies to sing out a chorus of summons for the Doctor. Loud and clear, echoing over the hills into territory she wouldn't approach too far into. Already she was too close for comfort, and she wished to retreat back into her lands. Back to the twisted trees so many found themselves lost in. But she forced ebony hooves to remain still, violet eyes trained on the horizon for the shape she had been informed of. They had never met before, but today would be the day. Though it would be on strange terms, Lakota was at his mercy in a way she didn't favor. For even the favor she required was one that harmed her, it was still a favor she needed.

WE ONLY EXIST IN TERMS OF THIS CONFLICT
In the zone where black and white clash

Resurgere | Wroth

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
[Image: darttable2.png]

d'ARTAGNAN the NIGHTSHADE

Heavenly Fields... What a pretentious name!

d'Artagnan wondered in the shadows, a flicker of blood red here and there when the stray sunlight dared bare his banished head and kiss the pelt of the dark servant. Flashes of silver danced in elegant half moons upon merlot stained flanks, a reminder of one wild night with the stars. Something new and blue, encased in a chain and swung in a clunky dance, an amulet of awesome properties and tangled in dark mane. Each cloven hoof pressed against the earth as silent as the one before it, ever watching eyes of dual colours were shadowed by dark lashes. A call from a stranger brought him to the fields, it was the reason the shade remained hidden, not foolish enough to fall for a trap. So it was with bubbling glee that he stumbled upon a lone equine, who must be mad with fever to call the Nightshade out when she stood so alone. Like the mare had simply volunteered her own life, rapped a noose around her neck and called for her own executioner.

A rumble of malicious laughter rang from quivering lips and the red boy made himself known to the roan maiden who had so generously offered herself to him. "Do you want to die, girl? Is that why you called me here, foolish hornless" a voice of harsh tone and unblinking pools dripping with morbid intentions.

d'Artagnan stopped walking towards her and left a small gap between them. She could not escape him and it was always more enjoyable to do these things slowly, savour each minute. The madness was creeping up on him again, the femme better speak quickly before the too eager Doctor looses his grip on sanity. Why does an equine call out a racist like him? Surely she does not want to die here. His heartbeat was loud inside furry lobes.

Not long now.

h e l l can't handle all of us

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Bloody bay arrives, slithering like a serpent in the way he moves. His horns are dangerous and threatening, but Lakota merely eyes them for an instance before returning her vapid gaze to his eyes. His approach is silent, like a panther, and Lakota knew she should be afraid. Any other sane horse would be terrified of his mist like approach, but Lakota does not feel any terror creep upon her. She has resigned herself to this, to this meeting. Knows already the dangers it holds, and the danger that shall come even after this meeting is finished. Why should she worry? She has literally nothing left but her life to lose. And if it is lost, then she will be embraced by the smile of a lover long past.

Dark laughter swirls around her, as if she is caught in a whirlpool of malicious intent. He asks of her, does she want to die? Expressionless, she answers. "Perhaps. Though that is not why I have requested your presence." Black lips twitch, the only betrayal that she is refraining from hurling a derogatory of similar kind at him. Hornless her ass. She watches as a craze of sorts takes over him, and though she doesn't fear death, she knows she is staring into the eyes of it. Lakota would much rather achieve her quest than die, and so she speaks. "The Princess of the Moon has set upon me a quest. I ask for you to poison me, in a way that leaves me able to move. I am to then return to her for my own abilities. Surely, one so noble as yourself, oh horned one, would not find this so distasteful? To cause agony to one lower than you?" Her words are sharp but her face never changes, though she desires to sneer and spit in his face. Sarcasm is unable to be withheld, as much as she knows it should be. Sharp violet eyes never waver from his face.

Resurgere | Wroth

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
[Image: darttable2.png]

d'ARTAGNAN the NIGHTSHADE

d'Artagnan watched the roan hornless, his expression changing from malicious to curious and finally landing on confusion. What is she doing?! The shade thought of the Moon, why was she doing this? Of all the Gods he had only bowed his head to her shining omniscient light, followed her every word and even fathered her child. Even now Mesec remained in his and Kou's care, did she care nought for his feelings. Was he simply a slave who must obey on a whisper. Of course he was but it didn't lessen the anger he felt. This equine was no gift for him, poison but not kill? This was pure torture and he gritted his teeth at his blackening mood. Bitch.

"Noble? That's a new one" he chuckled, his deep voice echoing the red steed's slow decent into maddening anger. Dual coloured pools slipped downwards and eyed the purple plant below, a hallucinogen. If given in large doses the recipient would surely be paralyzed in a coma, however if d'Artagnan only gave the hornless mare a small amount she would only experience hallucinations and be sent into a state of delirium. A species of flora that belonged to the family of his namesake. For the purpose at hand, the poison was perfect. The Nightshade motioned to the plant and looked back at the mare, "this plant will suffice for your task. Be wary however, in large amounts it will put you in a coma."

With that d'Artagnan took a step back from the plant and proffered his head to the plant. His last words were almost spat through gritted teeth, half of him wishing her to eat the whole thing so he could gloat over her dead corpse. Like his last casualty. Another unsuspecting equine who met her end surrounded in a pool of her own fluid. This time wouldn't be the same and it almost killed him to remain restrained. Expression scowling as he watched the roan mare.

[The poison is the mandrake plant. She will experience hallucinations and be delirious but nothing that would stop her from travelling back to the veins.]

h e l l can't handle all of us

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Watching. Always watching. Lakota did not remove her eyes from him. d'Artagnan was not to be trusted, this she knew deep in her blood. Logic was not needed, nor experience. You simply knew when not to mess with someone. Hatred of her kind roiled in the doctor's soul, something Lakota had encountered before. His expression changed swiftly, and Lakota for once felt awkward standing there watching it. Like she was intruding on something personal. Lakota didn't do personal. Jaw bulged as he grit his teeth, and the hatred directed towards her was rather intense. Lakota however didn't move and calmly if coldly stared back. Best not to provoke him if she hoped to get what she wanted.

His chuckle was not fitting for their encounter, Lakota merely inclining her head in recognition of his words. No need to speak. Motioning to a purple plant at her hooves, Lakota observed it. In her homeland she knew every plant, every poison that could be made from them. However Helovia had different plants, and she was bitter in her helplessness and lack of knowledge. His warning would in any other situation be noble, but in this case was rather strange. Everything was strange about this encounter. Spitting voice didn't effect her, and instead she nodded. Pinning him with her gaze for a moment. "I would bring myself to thank you, one lover of poisons to another. However I do not think you would accept it from myself." With that last biting remark she dipped her head, taking the plant within her lips. She did not trust to leave her back to him but had no other way of leaving, and so was forced to do so. Moving silently back down the hill to blend into the forest below. Lakota was too proud to ingest the plant in his presence, holding it in her lips until he was smaller in the distance. Chewing and ingesting it, careful to do it in moderation. It slowly slipped into her veins but she was already running by then. It had, of course, to circulate into her body first. As it did this, she had a tiny window of time until the hallucinations set in. This was spent in a headlong race towards the veins, pride all forgotten and determination setting in. Lakota knew when it set in, the trees swaying as Hana and Alleo both appeared randomly, smiling at her. Lakota grit her teeth, relying on what little she had of her senses to drive her to the Veins. Back to the Moon Goddess.

It seems I must thank you, d'Artagnan.

Resurgere | Wroth