the Rift

corpse [drake sons, death thread]

Tillas Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: v75vt4.png]
WHY IN THE WORLD? WHY, BECAUSE SHE'S
...Tillas

Why was I here? Staggering along, tired, my Edana at my side, stumbling, bumbling, crashing through the snow, blue-of-ice eyes exhausted as I crossed into the herdland. Death. It was closing in on me, closing its hands, tightening its grip, squeezing me, crushing me painfully. I was starving. My ribs showed through my pitiful coat, and I knew I was bleeding to death fighting off that Mandrake who had attacked my precious baby. Exhausted I was, too exhausted to move, until I was choking, retching, head low to the ground, trembling. No longer was my coat white and pure as an untouched filly's. No, it was cut and bleeding and dripping red blood.

I was watching in dark pleasure as the mare came stumbling into the domain of me and my children, entering the black world starved and about to collapse. The filly was trotting at her side, worried, but nonetheless healthy enough, little thing. I hated fillies. Hated them more than anything. The hate was choking me, twisting me, until all I could see was the splatter of red blood on snow. "Sons!" I call, and I wait, watching for my loyal babies to arrive. "Kill them, darlings, kill them until their blood runs red and bright." I croon to my children, and I take pleasure in knowing my sons will not stop until the two horses are dead. I glance upwards, towards the darkening sky. Perfect. No damned witnesses will risk this mission, run back to a certain pegasus to tell her of the murderers my sons are in my presence. A clean, quick kill is all that's necessary. I stand on the slopes of the mountain, and watch as my sons kill.

[ooc: just assumed at least one or two sons showed up. Also, the filly escapes into the forest and to her father, and the sons leave her alone please.]

""
Mandrake

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

image by deadair @ flickr.com</style>

round up all the pieces, but they just don't fit the same.</style>

Strange Stallion gathers himself from his bed of snow and buried bones to answer his mother's call. It is strange how penetrating it is, how it finds him anywhere and everywhere. She is far enough that he must run to find her, but close enough that her call for murder rings in his ears. His hooves thunder across the earth and tear at the ground, shaking it with each turn of muscle and shift of bone. There is a clamoring followed by the faint sound of paws tearing at soft soil and kicking up snow, until it at last grows still.

His mother is not far ahead, standing tall and imposing as she watches a weakened pair in the near distance. Knox does not feel, can not smile or feel remorse for the task ahead of him. "Would you prefer the poor beasts see their ends, mother?" the young thing remarked coldly and calculatingly as he looked over the innocents with his gray-blue eyes of a storm. His tail flicked and Manhattan saw the command in even the slightest of his movements. At her feet the unpredictable magic of terror swirled and threatened to leap forth. "Should I let them keep their sight, we can make it a wretched one."

He felt cold and empty. He became aware of the fact that he was a villainous sinner about to kill, but could feel no remorse. The moon of his god shone above and his bridle glowed a bright green in the night. He stood tall now, almost as tall as his father had been; almost as majestic. His eyes were edged in the silver of his magic, his thoughts were dipped in poison. He sidles alongside his mother, lets his breath brush across her shoulder blades. He waits.

knox</style>
& manhattan</style>

Mandrake Posts: 53
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 15
Alex
I am quite pleased to see my youngest son Knox arrive shortly. In the constant black turmoil that is Mandrake's mind, Knox climbs up a notch higher in her eyes. How old is he now? A couple of months? A year? No. A year. And his father... sexy. Handsome. Big. Black. Lovely. Totally unsuspecting. Easy prey. A golden-eyed boy. Here was his son, and mine. Knox. The little black dog trotted at his side. Speaking of dogs, Evers should be questing for one about now. "It is time to put the poor things out of their misery, yes." I think it would be his first kill. Suitable. Black-hearted souls they have become, just like me. I admire my boys, love them. Should one of them ever be harmed... the person would pay dearly. Not by a son- by me.

"Knox. Let us wait a few minutes. Then we can begin. I don't care about the filly. Let us just get rid of the mare." I incline my head to my son, and I shift. There is hot, awful pain, before I am in my slinky panther body again. The best way to kill is with the jaws of a predator.

Jen

Strange Stallion is told to wait, but the silence brought on leaves him uncomfortable and at odds. It is Manhattan that breaks the emptiness, and her magic that dances across the snow to greet the mare named Tillas. The target; the walking dead. His companion stays still, eyes fixed ahead, body stuck rigid behind his mother. She must concentrate to keep the illusion of Tillas' fear alive; she must concentrate so that the magic will not turn on her. It was strange to him that his mother wants the filly untouched, but he shook his head and let it be. Best not to interfere with her orders.

Knox walks forth, parting the sea of snow and letting his massive shadow break its white sheen. He walks towards the mare, watches as she shakes and bleeds. This is his first kill; he knows it will be an easy one. Nearby the filly stands, and he feels her fear. But she shall know no more; silver slips from his vision into hers, blinding her from the sight of her mother's death. It is a sight none should see.

Strange Stallion lets his body slip beside the victim's, lets his breath stroke her cheek. He touches her as if she is a lover, lets droplets of her blood cross the line of his lips. There is beauty in the latticework of her fear, but there is pain.

"You are safe," he whispers into her ear. A lie, but one worth telling. Shadow folds behind him in glorious sheets, building the unknown mare's greatest fear from Manhattan's magic. "I will protect you from this."

With gentle ease he reaches to pass his lips across her neck. He presses them to her flesh to form a sort of kiss, as if she is a long lost friend he is wishing well on her way. Then lips part and teeth clench, gently at first. In a moment, the stallion jerks and twists, and waits to hear the crack of her neck hidden in the thunder of her fall.

In the near distance, the filly is blinded and for once, alone.

[[Permission to blind. Permission to terrorize. Permission to kill.]]

knox</style>
& manhattan</style>

Deceased
Alex
This is Knox's first kill! Oh my little boy, growing up, with the first spray of blood on his soul that has remained clean to this day, even if quite obedient. We stand, the seconds ticking by, fast but loud, in this bare, cool day as the white mare staggers on. Blood, droplets of it, beads on the snow under her silver feet. If she notices us, she does not give a hint of it, until her body stiffens and her eyes widen to expose a ring of white around those icy irises. I glance at Knox, and sure enough, there is his companion doing his work. I would like to compliment the dog on her work, but it must be difficult to do such an illusion, for Manhattan is straining with concentration, and I remain silent.

He has grown in his first year of life, grown so much, almost an image of his cursed father. 16 hands now? Perhaps a little more, little less. His frame has filled out beautifully, he stands so strongly and silently, the gleam of the sun glistening on his ebony coat and silver dapples. But not for long. The others have not answered soon enough, and as it is, it is rightfully Knox's time to kill. The petrified filly wanders a little away, fearful, blinded likely. Tillas is shaking, nervous, scared. I told her she would regret insulting me, regret protecting the insolent filly she named Edana. And now my revenge is rightfully mine, and now Knox will have his first death on his hands as it should be. I watch my handsome boy caress her, coo to her, and then kill her.

I watch in dark pleasure as the mare falls. I can almost hear the subtle snap of the bones in her neck cracking under the strain my Knox has given her. Yes, this is beautiful day, stained as it is by the red dripping out onto the snow, wine spilled on the fine dining cloth. Somewhere, the filly begins to run, lost. Her cries of fear do not conjure pity in me, and instead, I pad up to Knox's kill. I dip a black paw into one of the wounds leaking crimson, turn to face my big son. I stand, precariously, but I manage to run the red line of blood down his forehead, and I turn to the dog as well, landing on my forelegs heavily. For her, I carefully apply the red down her snout, avoiding the use of my claws.

"Both of you have done well. Knox, you are truly my son." My words are quiet, filled with dark twisted love.

Jen

Strange stallion cannot feel remorse for his actions. Mother at last speaks the words every one of her sons longs to hear. The words of acceptance and a strange sort of kindness that seal a colt's fate. She says he is her son, she looks upon him with pride and perhaps a bit of love. But he does not feel like her son, he does not feel as if she is his mother.

For he is the son of Roanne the Sentinel. He holds the memories of his father and the memories of freedom- a knowledge of revenge prevails. It was a foolish thing to feed him the Sentinel's blood and gift him with his bridle. Nevermore will he be his mother's son, for he knows what lies beyond the life at her command.

Still he cannot smile. His situation is as such that there is little to do but condemn himself to this life and push aside the guilt. he leaves the corpse with a parting glance and strides closer to his mother. The threat of physical contact is neither revolting or appealing, but he reaches for brush his cheek against her neck nonetheless. He remembers the feel of the kill, the stone cold silence and the emptiness he felt. There was no rush or high; it had been as simple as taking a breath. Now he stands close to his mother, just as he had done before with Tillas. He considers how simple it could be to snap her neck, how unsuspecting she might be and how freeing it might be.

Manhattan interrupts his sociopathy with a gentle whine and a nudge of her head against his leg. She is hungry and anxious; the magic has left her weak and frightened. Strange stallion backs away to look Mother in the eye; he sees nothing there, feels nothing from them. Beside him Manhattan pants and whines; rises on hind legs to lean against him and run claws along his flesh. She longs for the chase of a hunt, yet Knox knows better than to let her do anything other than rest now.

"I must tend to her, Mother," he says swiftly and coldly. There is no emotion in his tone, there is nothing. "The magic has left her weak and the kill has left me weary- shall we retire? If it would be your wish, we might first feast upon a kill." His eyes wander over the still corpse. He feels no irksome sense at the thought of eating the flesh of the slain. He has drunk blood before, has now snapped a neck and watched another die by his will. What difference would a meal make?

knox</style>
& manhattan</style>

Deceased
Alex
I must tend to her. I let a gentle sigh escape my black lips, and change forms, ignoring fiery pain that comes with it. In my horse form, I stand only a little shorter than my son. He doesn't love me, none of my sons truly do, even if they act as such or believe they do. Love isn't necessary, however, if they listen to me, so I suppose it's alright if Knox doesn't do so. "Go and care for your companion." I respond, shaking out my ebony mane. I tilt my head, watching with gray eyes.

"There is no need to feed on the corpse of a mare inferior to your strength and skill. If you companion so wishes for meat, she may eat." I nod my head, and give Knox one gentle bump with my nose. "I'll be taking my leave now. I have work to do." And so I turn and leave my son, disappearing towards the forest. Back to the Threshold, back to find horses to help my grow to power.