the Rift

Maybe We Can All Help [Tor/Earth God]

Avira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A . v . i . r . A
pegasus | mare | 15.2hh | 8 years | unclaimed

Avira circled above the sky. Voices told her of these gods but truly she did not understand how one had so much power they could even grant power. From where the blue tipped gal come from, you were born gifted or you were born useless. To them she was beyond useless. Being kind, oddly colored, and extremely forgiving. She was an outcast. Picked upon and deemed unworthy. Though she did not hate them for the pain they caused her, she was very cautious of them now. Choosing to be far from their judgmental selves to find some better for her own good.

Descending slowly enough to cause much to nothing in ruckus. To have respect for the gods home. After all it wasn't her job to tear up in sound. Though she did have to make herself noticed, or maybe she didn't. Either way she was going to ask kindly. Ask along her nature of ways. As the mare began to touch ground she leaned far back and flapped her wings. Gentle winds moving some soft dying snow around. "With kindness and hope I ask for the presence of a god." Avira didn't know if Tor would show up. Maybe. Maybe not. If she didn't the mare was obviously on her own, she didn't mind but she would much more prefer another's company when greeting with someone so powerful.

[ooc- I'm not for sure which god would grant the powers of healing...]

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable
Here Tor was again, at the Veins of the Gods. This time, Tor was not intent on powers for herself. No, she was simply here to help guide a friend of hers on her way, a member of the Gray, a trainee under the draft mare. Exhaustion tugged at Tor's limbs- she was tired, climbing up this rocky mountain jetting out into the ocean twice in the last week, but she took the scramble anyways, hooves scrabbling for a rock on top of hard rock, mud gathering in her feathers and coalescing into balls in her hooves. She hated this trip, hated the agonizingly long trip up, and felt a momentary pang of jealousy for Avira fluttering above, landing gracefully at the shrines minutes before Tor came. Then again, gods might come slowly, so on she continued walking and finally stopped, legs trembling slightly, puffing lightly. Even Tor, despite eating plenty of herbs to strengthen herself, was suffering from this bitterly cold winter, a sharp contrast to the desolately hot summer.

"Let's wait honey. The Earth God came to me, but the Moon God may come to help you as well," Tor told her in gentle tones, praying the gods wouldn't turn away such a kind mare.

[ooc: Tor was just ignored by the Earth God but it's for Avira anyways.]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

"Greetings Avira." The Earth God's voice rumbled and the ground began to shake as he strode from his shrine toward the two mares that were waiting for him. "And Tor. It is good to see you again. I assume your healing powers have been aiding you well." His eyes twinkled as he smiled at the larger of the two mares before his gaze shifted over to the smaller pegasus.

"Your kindness and patience is appreciated, Avira." He said, his large head nodding his appreciation. "What is it that you would like me to aid you with?"

[so sorry for the wait!]

Unregistered

A . v . i . r . A

I gave a simple nod to Tor. Noting that in return of her long journey, as I see her muscles quiver, I must gift her something in the future. I will find something to help her. Maybe I will find something they, around here, call an amulet. Though as the ground began to shake my stance hardened and my hooves began to vibrate apart. I found myself quietly shuffling comfortably before the shaking ceased and the Earth god spoke to me. It was odd, that these high important beings were even real. I lowered my head in respect and listened to his deep intimidating, yet handsome, vocals. My electric blue eyes began to focus on his appearance. interesting.

"It is the least I could do," I smiled brightly to his words and then listened for the next "As you have spoke to Tor of healing powers, I have come for the same reason. To seek the ability to heal." without greed I asked. Perfectly fine if he was to deny me this. As maybe he has plans for somebody else with these powers. Maybe I am not suite for what I desire.

[ooc- it's no problem at all!]

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable
Sure enough, the Earth God did erupt from the ground. Tor inclined her head, appreciating the old god's wisdom and kindness. "Yes, the gift has been great use to me. I thank you again, Father Earth." She waited patiently for Avira to speak, understanding the awe and surprise she must feel at being gifted with the presence of an all-mighty immortal being of power. Tor did not speak after Avira, for it was up to Avira to talk her mind and not be afraid of these creatures of strength. Well, there should be some fear. You can't just walk up and anger them.
WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Helovian Ancient
Admin

"Another healer." He said, eyes twinkling at the knowledge that his magic would be used for good. "I can honor your request for healing magic, Avira, but even healing magic comes with a price." His voice sobered as he became more serious. The Earth God looked at the two mares as he thought over the magic and tried to decide on an appropriate price.

Finally, he spoke again. "I will grant you the magic now, but only of a temporary nature." He explained. "You will use vines to heal. They will rise from the ground and wrap around the injured area. The vines must stay in place for one night before being removed." He looked pointedly at the mare who had come searching for the magic. "In order to keep the magic and make it permanent you must heal one individual from each herd land. Each individual you heal must be a different species from the last, and you must heal one outcast. The outcasts' species is unimportant. You must have healed them all before BirdSong ends for the magic to be permanent. If you do not heal them all the magic will disappear."

Unregistered

A . v . i . r . A

The interesting opinion dwelling beneath the surface of the Earth God had Avira's mind twirling with wonder. Amusement, intimidation, and slight fear creeping beneath her throat. Like a large ball clumped in knots. Swallowing was hard and somewhat painful though it wasn't true, this ball. She shook the thoughts away and tried to suppress her fear by smiling and feeling confident. Though when he sobered and spoke with serious tones, he spoke his price. For a second she felt it would be something ridiculous and cold hearted. Something not worth it. Maybe he would send her on some crazy task because she wasn't worthy of anything. Like they all had said many times before. He could put her down, tasking her with the impossible. Though to her nothing was impossible.

Avira's ears tilted forwards and she drank in his words. Not ready to give up on hope. She would do what she had to just to get this magic. This ability to help those in need because she knows how it feels to be low and hurt. Emotionally that is, but emotional pain is far to extreme to be healed. It can be helped but the scar will only fade. His words though began to fade her own scars. This wasn't to hard. Easy enough she supposed. "Thank you sir, I will do as such." graceful tones gliding through the air. Disrespect was not a hint to them and she turned her eyes to Tor quickly. Sharply giving her a permanent glare of trust. This mare may have only accompanied her but it meant so much to Avira. The mustang dipped her head gently to the earth god, warming the air with a new smile and turned her hooves to walk away. Walking slowly for Tor to follow. Wings placed properly across her back.

[ooc- since there are 4 herd lands would that mean one would have to be the same?]

Helovian Ancient
Admin
other species can be hybrids or others too