the Rift

Smoke and Mirrors [Orinthia]

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

M U R D O C K
If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman?

A chill wind swept across the steppe, ravaging the barren landscape and lifting the powdered snow into majestic swirls. The evening sky was clear and still devoid of stars as the last fragments of light had not yet slipped below the horizon. Already, thin ribbons of dancing colours began to streak across the heavens, lighting up the snow in glittering rainbows. Murdock walked along the shoreline, watching the frigid waters lap gently at the rocky beach. A short ways ahead, great towers of ashen rock reached upwards from the snow-blanketed terra, winding about each other like the walls of a great castle.

Pausing, Murdock admired the great structures; they seemed such an oddity upon a plain of white. Turning towards the labyrinth of stone, he wandered closer to it. Carved smooth by the howling wind, the rock curved gently overhead, forming a gateway through which he passed. He stepped lightly, footfalls muffled by the thick layer of snow underfoot. The steppe was silent save for the crash of the dark waves and the soft moan of the wind. Nonetheless, he remained alert as he wound his way through the great structures.

The overhanging rock was slick with frost, great icicles hanging down like stalactites towards the earth. In places, the great ice-knives had fallen from their holds and shattered upon the ground like glass. In places where the frost had formed thickly across the face of the stone, mirrors of ice reflected his dark figure as he passed. He smiled at his reflection, chuckling as he noticed the way the ice distorted his face.

The wind had begun to calm, dying down like the end of a soft sigh. The cool air played across his snowy feathers, tugging at his mane and sweeping the snow about his feet. Beyond the walls of stone, the land seemed to go on forever; just a blank and empty plain with no end. The sky above was equally endless, unbroken by sharp black peaks of jagged mountains. Gazing upwards, he watched the sky darken, and small points of glittering white break the silky black.

Lowering his head, he returned his gaze to the surrounding walls of stone. They closed in about him like the walls of a cage. Gritting his teeth, he fought away the memories of his captivity. That was all behind him now, and he was safe from those who sought him. Taking a deep breath, he felt the icy air sting his lungs. Exhaling slowly, he blinked against the cloud of vapor that rose before his eyes like a shield. It was a lovely night, so why not enjoy it?

"speak"

Orinthia Posts: 132
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 17 hands :: 4 years
Orinthia
The barren topography amazed me, as I never had felt a place so cold, and so utterly lonely. The bright rainbow-like lights were dancing and flickering all through out the sky, causing a spectacular array, amazing me. How did these lights form? I have never seen them in my life. The wind around me was whipping up snow, causing flecks to get stuck on my onyx colored mane. "Ugh", I grunted to myself, as it was that I wasn't a big fan of the cold, or the snow.

I shivered, again as the frigidity of the place took toll on me again. I tried remembering the lush green forests of my old herd, and I slightly felt warmer. I looked to my right looking at the shores waters so close to me. I knew it was going to be cold, but I have always enjoyed going near the sea. Such a fantastical thing, with all the different creatures of the deep. I trotted down to the waters edge slightly putting my hooves in, letting the frigid water lap on my legs. Nimbly, I got out of the water just as fast as I got in and started running towards the great rock structures I saw jutting out in the distance.

As I was walking through the magnificent structures, I observed the patterns. They seemed like the jagged teeth of the wolves that ripped my old herd apart. The rocks brought back the painful memories as I shut my eyes to keep salty tears from dripping. Suddenly, I heard the noise of another horse, or Pegasus? I looked to see a pure black Pegasus in the dark, with illuminated feathers, and his face. He slightly gritted his teeth, and looked like as if he was going back into the past.

"Hello!" I said carefully approaching him, not knowing if he was bad, or a kind horse.

Gaz

M U R D O C K

Murdock started suddenly at the voice behind him, his heart leaping into his throat as he turned quickly about. His iridescent hooves slipped on the packed snow, and he stumbled ungracefully as he turned about to face the stranger. He looked into the kind, curious eyes of a young mare, her figure standing taller than him by a fair amount. He stepped back from the black mare, looking her up and down while he found his words. He noticed she had no wings, nor a horn, and simply stood plainly before him. Where he was born, the only race he had ever known was the pegasi. Equines and unicorns were new to him, though he had heard of them before. The only others he had met on Helovia so far had been pegasi, until now.

“You scared me!” he responded teasingly, muscles relaxing slightly as he dismissed her as unthreatening. Though she stood taller than him, he could still fly to escape her if need be; though he was never really one to run from a fight. “Don’t worry, I wouldn’t hurt a pretty little thing like you” he smiled, noticing the searching look she had regarded him with as she hesitantly approached him. Looking up at her, he noticed her oddly-coloured hazel eyes. He wondered for a moment what it would be like to be so plain, having no horn and no wings to set you above the rest.

Stepping back away from her, he turned to walk around her, circling her slowly as he began to speak. All the ice mirrors were bound to mess with one’s mind, and he was willing to play that game a little further. “So, what’s your name?” he asked, hardly curious about her response as he turned to face her again. “No, wait…I know…” he scrutinized her carefully, considering his thoughts. “Raven, maybe?” he asked, taking the dark shade of her pelt into consideration. “No…that can’t be it. Crow, perhaps? Blackbird? Blackberry? Coal?” he ran out of guesses and of breath, shutting his mouth to allow her time to respond.

"Speak"

Hidden Account
Orinthia
The pegasus jolted upwards spinning around, in what you would call ungraceful, but if I were in the same situation, I would've probably fell. I chuckled to myself, silently as I imagined myself clumsily falling. He looked wide-eyed for a moment, and then started calming down profiling me. He seemed much smaller than me, and I felt myself as intimidating? Was my size intimidating. I tried slightly bending my knees to appear smaller. He looked at me as if I were the first horse he has ever seen. A question appeared in his eyes. I yearned to know if I was the first horse he has met.

I walked to him, as he was teasing me. "You scared me!" He said. "Sorry," I replied. "I had no intention of scaring you off", I said. He was the first pegasus I had actually talked to. I sometimes saw a pegasus flying in the sky, in the vast places I explored, but some just didn't want anything to do with a plain equine like me. I felt a little left out, with no wings and horn. I wondered what it would be like to have long graceful wings, or a beautiful horn that could pierce skin. I always wanted to fly, and I sometimes envied my pegasus anscestors.

"Don't worry, I wouldn't hurt a pretty little thing like you", he said smiling. I liked his attitude. He seemed the type not to back down from a fight, like me. He was playful and joking-like. "Why thank you," I said internally blushing. Horses, didn't really compiment me like this, and much less a pegasus. He smirked slightly and started circling trying to guess my name. I saw his game. I smirked. "Guess a little bit more. It has something to deal with the forest", I said, tracing him as he circled me. He looked clueless, and I knew he would never get it. "I'm Orinthia, meaning Pine tree", I said smirking, knowing he would've never guessed it, if it weren't for me.

Gaz

M U R D O C K

Murdock dipped his head, scrutinizing the black mare as he sought out a name that would befit her. Nothing came to him, and he studied her for a while more before she guessed at his game. “Pine tree. I never would’ve guessed” he laughed. Stepping back a bit, he glanced about at the shimmering mirrors of ice that surrounded him. The rock structures created shelter from the wind that swept across the steppe, and from the spray of the ocean nearby. It was a desolate place, and he could hardly imagine why he had chosen to come here. Glancing up at the distant mountains, he noted how closely they resembled those of his homeland. No matter how he tried, he could not shake the nostalgia that haunted him.

“Well, Pine Tree,” he grinned, stepping back from her. Yes, he knew her true name. But what was the fun in calling her by it? “Try to guess my name?” he asked, spreading his wings slightly as he struck a pose for her. No matter how he tried, there would be little he could do to portray a hint for her. He gave her a moment to think, holding still until his muscles began to protest against it. “And no, it’s not ‘Firefly’” he laughed, referring to the iridescent markings that were painted across his black coat.

Relaxing his position, he watched her think for a bit longer. “It has something to do with the sea…” he hinted, smiling as he looked past her at the dark waves that peeked through holes in the rocky structures. “It’s an ancient name for the ocean. I doubt that you will know it though” he shrugged slightly, turning to look at himself in the mirror. His dark face was obscured by imperfections in the icy surface, the glow of his feathers reflecting off the frost. “Give up yet?” he asked, tipping his head as he turned back towards her.

"Speak"

Hidden Account
Orinthia
I smiled at this humorous Pegasus. "Stop calling me Pine tree", I joked around, in a whinny voice. I flicked my tail in mock annoyance, and twitched my ear, smiling. I felt safer in this cave like place. The mirrors of ice were dazzling every where making me smile. 'It's a beautiful place here', I thought to myself. I loved how the beautiful ice stalactites hung off the rocks. The ocean scent came to my nose again, and that's when I realized how much I love the ocean. So beautiful. If it weren't for the isolation of this place, I would love to come here, but it was so lonely, I couldn't bear to walk around here alone, for too long. I saw the Pegasus tip his head in the direction of the mountains, and I wondered what was bothering the lad so much. I almost felt sorry for him, but then he turned to me with a playful hint in his eyes.

"Try to guess my name", he said smiling at me, striking a 'gallant' pose. I rolled my eyes and tried to guess. It was hard, he was dark like me. "Luminescent? Shadow?" I kept on trying to guess, but as he tried guessing with my name, I couldn't guess his name. This game again. "And no, It's not Firefly", he said joking. I gave a little laugh at this and kept on guessing. "RavenFlight?...Ummmmmmm....." I said thinking out loud. "It has something to do with the sea", he said, knowing he won this game already. "Erm...Triton?" I said guessing ancient sea names, as he referred his name came from. "I give up!" I said, knowing I was defeated in this game. "You win," I said playfully smiling.

Gaz

M U R D O C K

Murdock watched with a slight smile of mild entertainment as Orinthia tried to guess his name. It was an unfair game he played at, and he knew she would never guess it. Though, the thoughtful expressions upon her face served to keep him amused for a while. It was not as if her name had been any more obvious, though he had put himself in the position of guessing her title without being invited. He shook his head enthusiastically following each of her guesses, a smile beginning to creep onto his face as she began to look confused.

“Nope, not Triton. I suppose it was a little unfair…” he said, dipping his head to look at her from below dark brows. Upon her admittance of defeat, he smiled broadly, raising his head to look at her triumphantly. “Murdock! Captain Murdock, at your service” he smiled. Of course, his title didn’t entirely apply as he was now part of a new land, and separated from his fleet. However, his name somehow felt empty without his rank presented first.

Shifting his wings across his back, he tipped his head slightly to look at her. “So, Orinthia. Tell me more about you,” he smiled invitingly, “and more about Helovia! I’m new here…still trying to figure things out and such. You were born here, were you?” he asked absently, turning away from her to admire the scenery. The rock maze hid most of the barren landscape, though still the vast sky was open to view. He gazed at it, smiling up at the stars and the pale moon that seemed to smile back down at him.

"Speak"

Hidden Account
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

The stallion was amused at my concentrating. Ancient ocean. What name means ancient ocean? I guess he got his pay back. He couldn't guess my name, I couldn't guess his. He had a smile creeping on his face. I guess I was far from his name. I probably had a look of pure confusion on my face.

“Murdock! Captain Murdock, at your service” He told me dipping his head in a proud manner.“So, Orinthia. Tell me more about you,” he smiled invitingly, “and more about Helovia! I’m new here…still trying to figure things out and such. You were born here, were you?” "Well. My past is a long story...I'll shorten it up though", I said, not trying to make it sound like a sob story, or to bore him 'till the point of sleeping. "I wasn't born here. I was born close by to this place, Helovia, but I was born in a place called Forest Meadows, by a forest and stream...", I paused not wanting to kill him of boredom. "My family, my herd, was killed by a pack of wolves, in front of me...I did nothing to stop it..So I ran away like a coward, adventuring new lands, until I came here...", I said.

Captain? After hearing his name. I have heard of the horses that fight, the pegasi, and that racist unicorn that wanted to attack me. But captain? Was he the head of his team. Suddenly I ached to know more. I was so curious. I wanted to know about fighting and the legendary fleets I have heard about. "Captain Murdock", I began to say, putting emphasis on Captain, playfully, but in a way of respect. Captain was a high rank in the legends, and I had to respect it. Sadness seemed to show in his eyes. There was something wrong, and as rude as it was, I wanted to know. Was there something I could do to help the poor lad. "What's a Captain? What's a fleet? Can you tell me about your past?" I inquired, saying it in a total word blurt. Stupid. You are stupid. I thought to myself, lowering my self esteem.

After asking him the question in such a blurt, I felt the urge to endlessly run, as my energy was about to burst.

"blah blah blah"

Gaz

M U R D O C K

Murdock listened intently as Orinthia began to share the story of her past. He wasn’t usually one to parade around and ask others to spill their life stories, but he was curious of this equine and the tale she had to tell. He had lived as isolated life on his island, and he had heard of few places in the surrounding area. ‘Forest Meadows’ was just another place he had not heard of. He could see the sadness in her eyes as she spoke of her family, and he pitied her. Such memories would haunt one for the rest of their life, and he was glad to not have experienced such a terrible fate for his family. “I am sorry to hear that” he said softly, tipping his head up to look at her.

He smiled proudly as she repeated his name, noticing the playful emphasis she put on ‘Captain’, and the tone of interest in her voice. He looked away for a moment as she watched him thoughtfully, but his attention was directed back to her as questions began to spill off her tongue. He smiled at her embarrassment, taking in each question as it was presented. “A Captain is a rank I received in my fleet. It is quite a high rank, and I earned it through months of service. I was not the leader, though, and I still had to answer to those above me”.

“A fleet is a herd unit of sorts, but it is a more militaristic term. The herds on my homeland were all called fleets. There were four main fleets that held the majority of the power, and then there were many smaller fleets scattered around the island. My father lead one of the smaller fleets, but he was killed a few months after my birth. My mother took over control of the fleet for a while, but my uncle returned to usurp the throne. Together with her supporters, she took me and fled the area. We later met up with a more powerful fleet, and our small group was taken in.”

“I was drafted into a small army unit of sorts in that fleet, when I was old enough. I was trained in aerial combat for a few months, before officially becoming a part of the unit. I was promoted several times, until I reached the rank of Captain. On one of our missions, I was captured along with several others in the unit. We were imprisoned by the enemy fleet, until one day I managed to escape. I fled here, and here is where I hope to stay”
he smiled slightly, his story finished. He had been cautious before about sharing the story of his capture, lest anyone who knew him was around to hear it, though he felt he could trust this mare.

"Speak"

Hidden Account
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

I saw sympathetic flashes in Murdock's eyes as he intently listened to my story. I sounded like a sob story. Ugh. I didn't want him to end up pitying me. I wiped the sadness and grief off of my face, and put on a cheerful smile. Covering up my pain.

Murdock spilled out some of his life story to me, and told me about captains. I was intrigued, hearing about legendary fleets, throughout the whole horse world. "Wow", I said impressed about the captains and ranks. "I'm very sorry that you got captured", I said. We shared the same pain. Having our families...our lives ripped apart from us. "It's not fair...I can see you long to be back with your fleet...", I paused suddenly having a genius idea! "Why don't I help you find your fleet!" I said like an excited foal. "I'll race you!" I said, all of a sudden excited, taking a head start, wondering if he would try racing me too. I called back to him "Fly! I want to race you flying!" I said, feeling so stupid, acting so childish and immature, but I felt happy for no reason.

"blah blah blah"

Gaz

M U R D O C K

Murdock shrugged his shoulders slightly as Orinthia offered her sympathy. No matter what anyone said, simple words couldn’t undo his past. He appreciated her comfort, though he had little time to dwell on what she said before an intriguing proposition met his ears. Shocked, he looked down at her. Was she being serious? “I, uh…well-“ he began, but before he could finish, she was racing off away from him. He stood there for a moment, startled. Her offer was tempting, but there was no way he could return to his home. He was ‘Wanted’ there, and the fleet that had held him captive would surely stop at nothing to re-acquire their prisoner.

Such thoughts could be left for later though, as now he was being challenged to a race. The black mare had given him little time to respond to the statements that poured from her lips at him, but now she was gaining ground and he was still standing there. He hesitated for only a moment before lunging into a gallop, pulling his wings in against his sides so they wouldn’t create drag. He had never been very fast on foot, and he could hardly see how he would catch up to her. She threw her head back over her shoulder to call to him, the volume of her words swept away by the wind. But he had caught the general idea.

He didn’t need a second invitation from her, and spreading his wings he easily rose up off the snow. With the ground speed he had obtained, it took little effort to rise on the still air. He maintained his altitude at 100 feet, flying high enough to catch the aloft winds, but low enough that they could still call out to each other. Flying, he was easily faster than any horse on foot, though Orinthia was quite fast and managed to keep pace with him for a while.

He shifted his position to catch the weak thermals beneath his wings, rising higher for a moment before pulling his wings in against his sides. Gracefully, he pulled himself into a controlled dive, losing altitude as he sped towards the snow. This place was perfect for flying. There were endless expanses of relatively flat land, and no trees to hinder flight. Though the air did not hold the desired warmth for ease of flight, it was still pleasantly supportive at the greater heights and quite dense. Dipping as low as he dared above Orinthia, he angled his wings toward the sky to slow himself down.

"Speak"

Hidden Account
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

I watched as he stood there speechless for a second at my request of helping him. Maybe there was something wrong back where he lived? I felt pity for him, but maybe a race would take his mind off. I had a feeling if he flied, he would be faster than me, so I took an unfair advantage, a head start, and raced ahead. I smirked to myself, and looked back seeing him struggle to run. His wings were lifting up with the wind coming below them, and he struggled to keep his wings in the right position to run. After I called back to him to fly, I didn't hear anything.

Ha! I got that sucker lost! I so won! I silently thought to myself in pride, until I heard flapping noises and saw him gaining. Eep! I thought. He's fast! I went into a full run, at break neck speed, but there was no way to beat him. He was about a hundred feet higher than me, enjoying the wind. I envied the fact that he had wings, and I was just a mere, probably weak equine, trying to show off my speed, when he beat me by millions. I wished, so much I had wings. I didn't want to be a racist unicorn, with a horn that served no purpose but fighting, but I wanted to be free, soaring in the wind like a butterfly.

We were evened out for a few seconds, but he gradually increased speed, leaving me behind in the dust. He was a figure of true speed, in the air like a falcon. In a few seconds, he positioned himself, and swooped down onto the ground. "That was fun!" I exclaimed, very re-freshened and energized at the run. "Geesh you're fast!" I said again, sounding like a foal that just got finished hearing a legendary battle story. "So why can't you return home? I heard you stuttering, and I can tell somethings wrong," I said, probably being rude again, and nosy.

"blah blah blah"

Gaz

M U R D O C K

Murdock slowed his air speed further as he angled his wings against the wind, slipping across the air to drop firmly upon the snow. He felt himself sink lightly in the white powder, his weight once again on firm ground. He smiled brightly at Orinthia, stretching his pale wings before folding them gently at his sides. Though he flew often, it was more for travelling purposes or for personal enjoyment. It had been a long time since he had flown at such speeds. He nodded in agreement with the black mare's remark, his foggy breath obscuring the air before him. "I'll admit, I had a tail wind at my advantage" he shrugged modestly, eyeing her with a smile. "But you're fast too, for being on foot!"

Murdock shifted uncomfortably as she inquired about his past again. His history was a topic he had been dwelling on often lately, and he only wished he could just forget the troubles he endured, and move on with life. However, it was a fair question and she deserved an answer. His expression turned serious as he met her gaze, pondering for a moment how to go about responding. "Well, like I said, I'm sort of 'wanted' there. If I were to return, it's likely someone would recognize me. There's a bounty on my head, and I'm sure there's plenty a man out searching for me...It would be dangerous for me to go back, and you would have to find a way to cross many miles of ocean if you were to go with me" he smiled weakly, meeting her gaze once more.

"But, I have more questions for you!" he exclaimed, turning the subject away from himself. "I'm still new to this here land, and I long to know its secrets! You've been here a while, haven't you?" he asked, glancing around at the barren steppe before looking back up at her. He knew there were several other regions to Helovia, but he had not been to many of them. However, he enjoyed the snow and the clear skies that the cold weather harboured, and the steppe brought conditions reminiscent of those he endured at home. It was pleasantly calm here, and he was not plagued by the hot weather of the south. "What else can you tell me about this place? Are you part of a herd?" he asked curiously.

"Speak"

Hidden Account
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

He was quite fast and I was amazed at his speed when he landed back on the snow. I have to say, I am so envious at his powerful wings, that let the wind uplift him. "You're so lucky you have wings", I enviously muttered under my breath, barely a whisper. "Oh. I see. It sucks that you're wanted", I said. I couldn't bear not being able to return to my home due to military invasion. But my past is long gone and buried.

"I have been here for...quite a while I guess?" I said pausing. "I have been to many lands, such as the spectral marsh, and other lands"...I stopped. "But no..I remain in no herd", I said looking at him. "What are your plans...?" I questioned him. I didn't dare switch the subject back to his past. I knew it hurt him. I saw the visible pain in his eyes, so my desicion was not to hurt him anymore.

"blah blah blah"

Gaz

M U R D O C K

Murdock listened as she responded to his question, pausing hesitantly as she tried to remember how long she had been a part of Helovia. He had been here for several weeks now, and already he was sure he preferred the north to the other regions of the province. It was the most like his home, for the snow and the ragged cliffs that dotted the horizon. He loved the cool temperatures, and though he would wander throughout the other areas, he figured he would always return here. He had always been quite nomadic, and he was desperately curious to explore the southern reaches of Helovia; though that would have to wait.

He nodded thoughtfully as she finished, pondering this ‘spectral marsh’ she had mentioned. It sounded frightening. Sort of like a place where one would avoid going at all costs. “My plans? Well...” he trailed off, staring into the distance as if searching for the answer to her question. “I’m not sure, I suppose. I didn’t really have much in mind when I came here. I just wanted to get away from the bad guys” he smiled. “But, I suppose maybe I want to settle down somewhere. I’ve never been much for staying in one place, but I could be convinced. I’m more the type to be a part of some sort of a mercenary group, rather than a big family unit like a herd” he shrugged slightly.

He missed his family, or what was left of it. He had never known his father long, but his mother was the most beautiful mare he’d ever seen. She had the kindest heart he had ever come across, and she had been beside him through everything. He had planned to remain a part of that fleet, at least until he was older. Then he would reclaim his father’s seat from his uncle, and lead his own small fleet. Those plans were behind him now, and he had to admit he felt as though a great weight had been lifted from his shoulders.

“What are your plans, then? Going to join a herd? Or just wander?” he asked, turning back towards her. She looked tough enough to remain on her own, but then she seemed the type to enjoy the company of others. He didn’t always like to be alone, but solitude was something he’d come to appreciate. Perhaps he could find a group that suited his tastes, and he could start over again.

"Speak"

Hidden Account
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

As Murdock spoke, I noticed how he liked this place a lot. I wondered how his old home was like, but I didn't want to plague him with questions, and especially the probable painful questions of the past. It made me sad to see Murodck suffer. I wish the enemies weren't in his land anymore so he could return, but by the look in his eyes I knew he was never to be able to return.

He told me about what he wanted, and then I replied. Maybe he would want to be part of the Foothills tribe? They did have fighter's I've heard of. I've never met one though. He looked at me in a scared way when I mentioned the spectral marsh. It wasn't a place that would suit a pegasus like him. "I have heard of some herds. Like the world's edge, and the Foothills herd", I paused. "I don't really know of any mercenary groups though", I said thinking about if there were any warrior groups.

I saw him look thoughtful after my mention, and I knew he was probably remembering his past. "I don't really know..." I trailed off when he asked me that question. "I love the life of adventure, but I want to settle down some day...close to the forest...I already have gotten an invite to the Foothills, but I didn't like that place, and the World's edge doesn't suite me..." I paused. "I would like to join a herd though", I said, thinking about having a family and how it would be like to be accepted.

occ: Sorry for not replying in so long! I had a ton of school crap! XD

"blah blah blah"

Gaz

M U R D O C K

He watched Orinthia as she analyzed him, calculating a response in her head according to what he had said. He pondered the herds she had mentioned, trying to imagine what they would be like. 'The World's Edge' sounded like a decent place; perhaps a place where sharp cliffs seemed to mark the edge of the world. Such a place would be very much like his home, but he wasn't going to join a group simply for sentimental value. Besides, he wouldn't fit in in such a large herd. For almost all his life he had been raised as a fighter, and a relaxed lifestyle was not something he was prepared to settle into. He was fresh into Helovia, and he planned to exhaust his curiosity before making any permanent plans.

He nodded thoughtfully as she relayed her plans to him. She was like many mares her age; adventurous, yet eager to settle down. He had not yet even considered the prospect of family, as it was never something he had time or cause to consider. But she looked like the type who would be a good mother. Of course he would settle down in a group as soon as possible, for of course he wanted protection and security, though he would leave himself to his own devices until his wander lust had been satisfied.

He stood in silence for a few moments, thoughtful and quiet. Their race had brought them to a flatter section of the steppe, and the rock formations were small knots in the distance. To their right, a great set of mountains rose up towards the star-strewn sky and their dark ledges and crevasses were thick with snow. Wispy clouds had begun to creep across the paling sky, and he noticed that dawn was creeping up on them. He had been on the steppe for several hours, and he was beginning to grow a bit tired. "What is your favourite colour?" he asked spontaneously, turning back to look at the black mare. It was just like him to bring up such random subjects, and he was running low on witty remarks.

(Lol, sorry...crap post :P )

"Speak"

Hidden Account
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

I watched as Murdock analyzed me. He was an interesting fellow. I wanted to know more about him, when he randomly asked of my favourite color. "My favorite color?" I said trailing off in thought. "I have to say the blue of the sea, and the green of the forest tops", I said smiling. I suddenly thought of something. "Say...could you teach me how to spar and fight? Back in my herd females weren't really allowed to learn but maybe you could teach me?" I said. If he thought he was random, he just met the queen of stupid questions and random remarks.

occ: Sorry for not replying in such a long time. I have a lot of homework :p oh well... ^.^

"blah blah blah"

Gaz

M U R D O C K

Murdock’s eyes widened slightly upon hearing her suggestion, and he shifted uncomfortably. He had never taught anyone to fight before, though he had sparred plenty of times; it was a regular part of his training routine. He could easily spar with her, though, although he had never fought with anyone so in-experienced. He worried it would be difficult to control himself and remember that she did not have the same sort of training as him, but he would try his best to put himself in the position of a teacher.

He tipped his head curiously, smiling at her. “I could try, of course. I’ve always been the student when it came to fighting lessons, but I have seen it done enough that I’m sure we can make it work. Being able to defend yourself is a valuable skill, especially if you are going to be spending time alone”. If she had the will and determination, getting her started shouldn’t be hard. Although he was most practiced in the area of aerial combat, he had of course learned to fight on foot as well.

The pale blush of dawn had begun to bleed into the inky sky, and morning was coming fast upon them. It had been just after midnight, so he guessed, when he had set out across the steppe, and already the break of day had arrived. “Perhaps we could schedule this spar for another place and time? It’s quite late, and I think we should both be rested before any learning begins” he added, smiling at her.

(We should do the spar in the Battleground, so I can start up a thread for them there as soon as I get some time :) )

"Speak"

Hidden Account
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

I was anxious. I did come here to Helovia, not only to escape the past, and the wolves that destroyed my family, but also to learn new things. One of my goals was to learn how to fight. I would never go anywhere without putting up a good fight.

Even if he didn't want to teach me how to fight, I would still find another place, possibly to learn. It was okay if he didn't want to, though, but I was very determined to learn how to fight, and if I did become a student, I would do my best to please him and learn as much as I could.

He replied yes. I felt my blood rising, and I felt happy. Yes! Exactly what I wanted. Someone to teach me how to fight. "I believe we should find another time and place to fight." I said to him. The sun was rising from afar, lighting up the sky in many different colors.

occ: So if we do spar, can you make the thread? :3

"blah blah blah"