the Rift

What's on the Inside?[Open]

Ubaya Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The creature black as night wandered restlessly. Pupil-less orbs dart back and forth. The creature flicked his ears back. "Mommy here?"He spoke, his voice echoed around the trees.

A flickering soul appeared before Ubaya. It took the shape of a lovely mare. Scars from her life now healed, her mental problem fixed."Ubaya, my son."The mare's apparition spoke softly and soothingly.

"Me no want you here."The creature protested. He turned from his mother's form. He trotted onward.

The spirit rolled her eyes, vanishing from her son's sight.

The creature folded his wings up and looked back. He bowed his head. His hooves scratching the surface of the earth. "Me lonely now."The creature sighed heavily hoping for a friend.

OOC:
Word Count: 122

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

bound to wander forever, but maybe not alone

Mental cases were generally not my sort of patients. I preferred the healing of bone and muscle, the knitting of sinew and flesh, not that coaxing of mind and days of care that came with the care of the mentally diseased. Difficult they were, difficult they would always be, to treat and care for. Some would say too difficult. Others said better to kill them straight away, not to let them suffer in their hallucinations and unstable life. Even pity would not make me become a murderer, however, and so I resisted the thought of killing. Only the most dire of circumstances would make me a hunter, a killer.

The Deep Forest was my home, and I often walked here, loud-footed, clumsy, but benign. Just as was my nature since I came to Helovia, I liked to seek adventure and fun with those around me. I no longer liked to be coddled and safe the way I once did. I heard him speak, and so I came, well-aware I was in presence of one of those lunatics. Hurrah. Don't be so mean! I chided myself. Never was I like that! Shaken by my own cruelness for such words, I approached the younger one quietly.

"What are you doing here alone dear?"

TOR

Unregistered
The creature flicked his ears back at the sound of another. Sweet eyes were placed on a white face. The creature blinked a few times. He had not yet seen a horse in this land.

"What are you doing here alone dear?" The equine had asked him.Foolish.The winged creature thought.

The creature did not know what to say. He did not speak to others. This other was so... so... sweet. The creature snorted in disgust at the other. Even though her eyes showed a whole other story, the creature believed that she was going to take him away. At that moment his mother's ghost appeared.

"Son, speak to her."The spirit could only be seen by the creature, who wished she would just go away.

The dark creature turned his head to the mare."What you want?"He asked, his tone was painted with aggravation. He spread his wings out, making himself appear larger. Although this other feminine creature was large, she had no wings to flee or horn to pierce. The creature grinned fiendishly.

"Be nice to the dear." His mother's voice echoed before she faded away.

The creature snorted and glared at the mare with his cloudy pupil-less eyes.

WC: 203
OOC:

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable

Tor watched in silence as he glared at her. Dear, he certainly was a mental patient. Just her luck. Not to mention the bone skull on the black stallion's face wasn't helping the insane effect either. It was quite unsettling... Tor shifted her stance uncomfortably. A snort of disgust was the only response she got for her troubles of kindness. Raven wings spread to cloak the sky. Really unsettled, Tor changed position again.

"I was simply requesting how another felt. Forgive me. Do you have business with the Gray or are you traveling through?" Her tones took on a sharper note at his grin, and she drew herself up tall and proud. Yet again, the black pegasus snorted, eyes glinting devilishly.

TOR

Unregistered
The creature grumbled. "Creature fine. What the "Gray?"Is it have others?"He asked, curiosity began to fill his pupil-less eyes. His eyes glared at the mare, he could tell that she was uncomfortable by the way she constantly shifted positions. The creature folded it's wings, emotions of unknown leaked into his body. They all mashed up, mixing and whirling together, making the creature dizzy. "What you called?" The creature stared at the mare, he folded his wings quickly, the feathers showed he had neglected the wings he was gifted with for many years. The stallion watched the large mares' every move, making sure she wouldn't harm him. He waited for her to answer.

OOC: He calls horses "others". And he speaks weirdly, so I hope it's not hard to understand.
WC: 114

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable

Once a long time ago as a filly, she had been chased after by many colts, admired for her personality. Then the concept of inner love had shifted, and so the stallions had hunted for more exotic, more beautiful faces. Did Tor really care? No, in fact she hardly minded. She enjoyed being able to run and play with other foals without worries pressing on her minds, without the constant voice of a colt flirting with her. Ah, young love! Now, Tor found herself loving others, caring for others. Lace. Ophelia. Torasin. Mirage. No, she didn't feel the constant edge of the sword pressed to her throat, the slight worry she had buried- what if nobody ever loves the healer?

"The Gray is a mercenary group in this forest. We do whatever jobs need to be done. I'll be on my way now." I didn't like this stallion. He was too unsettling, too disturbing, too disturbed. "My name is not of importance to you, pegasus." And I slip away into the forest.

TOR