the Rift

moon flowers

Aylin Posts: 89
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 :: 3
ali

The moon looks upon many night flowers;
The night flowers see but one moon

It wasn't the first time I had gotten up in the middle of the night and left my parents and my brother sleeping. It was the first time that I hadn't woken Tallis for him to come with me. I had a certain place I wanted to go and I wanted to go there alone. I'd heard talk of the Veins of the Gods and I wanted to go there. Maybe one of the Gods would visit me, preferably the Moon or the Earth. The Sun God was the last one I wanted to see, which was why I'd decided to go during the night.

Carefully, I picked my way away from my family. I glanced back at them one last time before i began to run in the direction I was told the Veins were. Upon arriving I found the place to be quiet intimidating. I hadn't expected a volcano or the amount of heat that radiated off of it. Maybe that was to keep the fickle beings away? I don't know, but I knew what I wanted and I'm not fickle.

My ascent was slow as I picked my way carefully, scared to step in hot lava. I couldn't even imagine the sheer pain that would cause. It made me hesitate and look around. I scolded myself then pushed on and was finally able to relax once I reached the summit.

My head raised and I gazed up at the moon, I guess because I was hoping she would come to see me of her own accord. "Moon Goddess." I called to her. "If you find it in your heart to grant me an audience I would greatly appreciate it." It felt weird speaking so proper, but it was my first time actually calling on the Moon Goddess. I didn't know exactly how to speak to her. In shuffled my hooves in uncertainty as I waited for her.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Only silences meets your request. Perhaps it would be best for you to return at a later date...

- Can return to ask again 8/26