the Rift

Is there a chance..(Open, Joining)

Vana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
She walked into the grassy terrain. Why was it so peaceful here? She thought. It's not that it was bad, she actually didn't mind it, but she hoped that maybe she could meet someone to help her around. She really needed help. She had no clue where she was going or where she was. So, she just carried on.

The sounds of nature filled her ears. A woodpecker banging crazily on a tree, the croak of a frog, the sounds of the bubbling creek near by. The creek sounded the most interesting so she walked towards it. It was a beautiful sight. Mountains in the background, mist covering in the distance. The creek was clean and crisp. Even though it was cold, she didn't realize how thirsty she was from traveling here. She dove her mouth gently into the water and slurped up the crisp refreshing water.

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Just a note- the Foothills' leaders are away/busy, so it may take a while to reply to this thread ^^ Sorry for the inconvience.

Unregistered
(Oh, okay. Thats okay with me haha. Thank you so much for telling me though because I would have had no clue.)

Mandrake Posts: 53
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 15
Alex
*apologizes for long title*

I am disturbed by own reasoning today. Incorrect, Mandrake. You are almost proud of it. Proud of the deaths I have caused, proud of the murders, so proud of my sons. Now I need only to begin my 'treason' to Svetlana, and overthrow her. It's a good thing she's gone, so I can begin recruiting, begin turning the Foothills to darkness, start to begin the creep towards the throne. I can get rid of Svetlana easily enough, but as for Kri and Mirage, it's a more difficult idea. I snicker to myself, an eerie laugh leaving gray lips, and take up a trot, a long-strided trot. It is to my disgust that I found a mare. Or, rather, a filly. I wonder how easily I may kill her, but it's better to amuse myself with a living being than a dead one. No mare deserves to live on a throne except for me.

"Darling, what are you doing here?" My sweet voice asks, and I am proud of my games. Ice-gray eyes meet the little creature's. I'm Mandrake, I can kill whoever I like, but I don't feel like hunting tonight. "It's not very safe out in the woods alone."

Unregistered
(Oh, it's no problem :) )

Vana stumbled away from the river. She hadn't expected someone to come up to her. The words of Mandrake covered the area like an ice crystal. Her voice clear and sweet. Comforting, but Vana sensed something. Something that maybe she shouldn't be around this mare. She didn't know what to do, so gulping she answered the mare.

"Uhh." Vana's voice trembled. Now she wondered if she was interrupting someones territory? Their area to be. She tried to choke out words, but nothing came out. Only the noises of the forest that lurked before her. "I..I am a new member. I was wondering if maybe I could join the herd? Are you part of it yourself?" She gave the stranger mare a smile trying to show that she wasn't nervous. She looked more stiff because she wasn't very good at acting. "Maybe you could help me.. I never knew that it wasn't safe out here. And also sorry if I was in your area... I never meant any harm to you or anything." She relaxed a bit more, but her muscles were still clenched together.

Mandrake Posts: 53
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 15
Alex

Not so young after all, she seemed. My pebble eyes watched her fidget. Pretty little thing, and so innocent, so easy to kill... before I know it, I step closer to her, and black fur runs down my spine before I control myself. Hot pain had exploded along my back as I had begun the transformation to jaguar. No need to frighten off the maiden, Mandrake. Control yourself. Disgusted with losing control over myself, I took a step back. The yearling's voice was shaky and wobbly as she spoke. Pathetic little thing. I hid my emotions behind an attentive mask.

"Ah, it's okay young one. You're welcome to join the herd, provided you don't intend on betraying us any time soon." This is perhaps why I hate mares so. So weak, so spineless, so undignified, so totally not bad-ass. Unless the mare is me. I am strong, rigid, proud, a wonderful leader, iron-willed, and powerful. Nobody can withstand my onslaught, nobody can cross my path or piss off me and live. "You are in the Foothills. I am... a representative of the Windtossed Foothills' herd. I ward off trespassers and such. Please, feed on our grass and learn our ways."