the Rift

Foolish at Fifteen [Edge/Foothills]

Abdullah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Between the steady beat of walking hooves and swaying branches the feeling of happiness could be felt. Drove about through the white air. Dead trees singing sorrow filled songs as a pretty young mare hummed bright tunes of hope. Sweet vocals brushing past the hardened bark. Hair swayed about with the cautious movement throughout the Arabian body. Delicate hooves trampling softening earth. As the snow began to melt away with signs of spring. Bone chilling cold still present within the sways of the wind.

Abdullah's caring eyes, those bright blue orbs, soaking in the new surroundings she now calls home. Wherever she goes is her home. Belonging nowhere, never again. Or was that a simple suggestion. Should she stay here. Stay where death bites at her heels. Racism present everywhere, to harsh for a young bright lover. A mare full of life. They would break her and tear her piece by piece, till she was no longer naive to the world. Like the tiny bird hoping along the branch above her. It was naive. Foolish enough to flutter down upon her back.

Sturdy legs stopped slowly, neck turning to press her nares against the soft fuzz of her shoulder. Ears forward, intent on listening to the blue birds tunes. Content melodies running to her eardrums. As the bird continued to sing she looked forward once more. Repeating before motions. One step, two steps, a precise leisure. Tiny claws sticking to her tough hide. Who would the couple meet today?

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

It was with a leisurely trot that the mare made her way through the Threshold, azure eyes taking in the sights of the land where she, herself, had once entered. While the air was still frigid with frozen, blowing air, the snow was thawing, proof that Frostfall was coming to an end. Already the palomino could see the difference in the land, even if it had been some time since she was last in the Threshold… The last time had been when she, herself, had wandered into Helovia, where she had been found by Svetlana and had been welcomed into the Foothills. Regardless, the somewhat warmer weather had sparked an impromptu little outing for the adventurous mare.

It was, perhaps, the sound of humming which first caught Romani’s attention, causing her gait to falter. Stopping, feathered hooves planted firmly in the snow, red ears swiveled forward, trying to find the creator of the sound. Nostrils flaring to try and collect the scent of anyone near, the palomino moved closer through the trees. It was then that she spotted the creature, a fine, pretty little mare with a deep grey, dappled coat and an ebony mane and tail. She was taller than the Haflinger, by perhaps a whole hand, but she had a gentleness about her that the Haflinger noticed immediately. Tilting her head, Romani snorted, a smile crossing her maw. Surely this mare wouldn’t mean her any harm…?

“Greetings!” Romani called jovially, ears up and head held high, “My name is Romani. Welcome to Helovia!”

Unregistered

'Greetings!' dark ears swiveled backwards to catch the sound of another. True to her thought someone was there. Bright eyes followed with her cranium, turning to face the short palomino. Mare obviously. The gentle bird atop her withers fluttered away in a frenzy of song. Abdullah's head following the small creature to the dead trees. "Romani, lovely to meet you, and thank you for the welcome." kind tones warm across her lips. Careful ears placed firmly upright, listening intently. "I suppose it would be proper of me to introduce myself," a tiny giggle from her throat, "Abdullah." The Arabian mare dipped her head in greeting.

"Though some call me Abby or Dullah." ebony hooves paced forward. Closing the short distance between the pair. Black hair falling about her neck with the high gait of spunk she held. A sweet smile pulled at the creases of her soft grass finders. Velvet muzzle surrounded in frost from her warm breath finding the chill of winter.

Her head turning, Romani watched the bird as it flew to the safety of the dead trees, admiring its handsome feathers before once more directing her attention to the mare in front of her. The beauty of Birdsong was almost upon them, and the palomino mare couldn’t wait for the snows to be gone completely. While beautiful, the white sheen that spread across the lands grew old and boring rather quickly. ’Abdullah.’ That was the name of the dappled creature before her, who held herself with such poise and dignity.

“You’re very welcome, Abdullah. It’s a pleasure to meet you as well.” The Haflinger flicked her cumbersome forelock from her eyes, watching with interest as the Arabian mare moved closer. The smile upon the other’s lips was reassuring, and ever so slightly Romani stretched out her neck, nostrils flaring as she took in the scent of the grey, filing it away to remember.

“May I ask what you’re doing in the Threshold, Dullah? Or where you’ve journeyed from?” She asked, curious. More than likely Abdullah was simply someone looking for a place to belong, much like Romani herself had been upon stumbling into Helovia.

Unregistered

Abdullah's eyes warmed softly, watching the movement of the red before her. Lips parting with each word. A beautiful sequence, Romani's voice so inviting compared to some that she became acquainted with. Friend the dappled's mind filed away the sight and smell of the Halflinger away. A dear regard of high thoughts present in her imagination. "Though the first question is even a mystery to myself I could answer the second." pausing for a breath, looking behind her as if to track where she had been "Many lands, many species, none as welcoming as here or as you." head turning back to Romani.

Attention regained on her. Though her mind still running away in memory. Landscapes stored away in her files. "A traveler you could call me I'm guessing." a slight chuckle. "I've seen many beautiful places with dark souls behind them, and many dark places with kind soulds that hide behind them." she began to ramble off "Never judge a book by its cover. Never..." trust falling behind curtains again. Cautious gaze upon Romani. The mare seemed okay on the outside but what about within, what about her true ambitions.

‘So, she is a wanderer like myself…’

As Abdullah continued on, explaining that she had seen many lands and many different breeds of creatures, the palomino mare listened intently, ears swiveled forward as not to miss a sound. She found herself growing more and more curious, enthralled with the Arabian. Perhaps the dappled one had seen many more lands than Romani herself had witnessed… She would like to exchange stories some days, of the different lands they had each seen and experienced, if Abdullah was willing.

The red mare, however, remained polite and refused to ask anything too personal. She didn’t know what all Abdullah had experienced in life, and didn’t want to push their fragile acquaintance. The grey Arabian seemed like an eccentric one, full of mystery, and Romani was careful not to overstep any boundaries.

“Abdullah,” Romani began, smiling encouragingly, “This may be bold of me, as it may not be my place, but if you’re searching for somewhere for respite, I can take you back to my home. I live in the Windtossed Foothills of Helovia, and we’d gladly have you among us. Even if you do not wish to stay, you're more than welcome to follow and merely get some rest. Surely you've had a long journey...”

There was no way, of course, that the Haflinger would force Abdullah to follow her back to the Foothills. She was free to do as she wished.

[OOC: Definitely not one of my better posts, sorry… XD]

Unregistered

The dark dapple appreciated the respectfulness of Romani. It was interesting to meet another with such manors. Lovely. Abdullah leaned her neck out, reaching her muzzle towards Romani, a kind gesture of friendship. Though she pulled back slowly as the Halflinger began to speak again. A home. Abdullah had found her peace in being a wanderer, though she longed for someone to belong. There was one question she wanted, "Your home darling, it is nothing like prison correct? You are free to do as you wish?" Abdullah had seen many herds where the leads kept them confined from any outside contact. The poor foal they punished for talking to the Arabian herself, an outsider. That was one memory she refused to remember but sometimes it was hard to forget.

"If I am not tied down by chains and refused my freedom, I will follow you to this Foothills you speak of, surely if you come from there it is a lovely place." Abdullah complimented. Honey lips leaking sweet dew. Eyes of the sky watching Romani sweetly. Awaiting the proper answer. She stood with hope, and proudly. The knowledge that not every place was the same held dear to her heart.

[ooc- no worries at all, we all have those xD]

Azure eyes watched as the pretty dappled grey stretched her neck and muzzle out towards her, a sign that the palomino took as a form of opening up. She inhaled through her nostrils once more, a sign of acceptance, and waited for Abdullah to speak once more. The mare seemed to be seriously considering her offer, and that alone pleased Romani immensely. Even though they just met, it seemed Abdullah trusted her, even if it was just a little bit.

“Prison?” Romani asked, eyes somewhat confused that the mare would ask such a question. Where in the world had the Arabian come from that she would associate herd life to prison? “Heavens no, Abdullah… I haven’t been in Helovia too terribly long myself, but those of the Foothills will by no means chain you to our borders. You’ll be free to continue exploring the land as you wish…” She hoped that her words were reassuring to the darker mare.

It brought back memories, however, of when she had wandered into Helovia, when Svetlana had found her. The Haflinger had voiced those very same concerns to the StormChaser, as an adventurer’s heart could never truly be contained, but her worries had instantly been quelled.

Unregistered
Abdullah

Ears forward alert with the voicing words. She inhaled and exhaled softly. Eyes lightly blinking, absorbing the movement of her mouth. Abdullah's very heart jumped, a home without chains. Oh how she had wished for so long and finally that would be true. Or it could all be a trick. A trick to take her back to slavery. Though this mare gave her feelings far from treacherousness. Romani couldn't possibly betray her trust. Maybe it was time to open a bit. The dapple was willing to chance it. Ready to lead a new life of adventure and family.

Sounds of the chirping bird began to become distant. Abdullah raised her head higher and turned to watch as her, short lived friendship with it, disappeared. She sighed. Turning back around to face the short gal ahead. "Then by golly, take me home!" she smirked playfully with a tone of joy. A tiny rear left her front hooves 2 feet from the soft earth. Coming down the daggers squished in the liquefying snow. Without hesitation she took a few steps forward to kindly move at Romani. Abdullah was anxious to go. Anxious to see the new places.

[ooc- with your next post I say will close it? and you or myself could start one up in the Foothills(: lol]
image credits
coding = tempest @ sordid secrets

[OOC: We can close this one and I can toss one up in the Foothills, if you'd like?]

Unregistered
[ooc- sounds great. I should get her in a few posts tonight if your still on xD]