the Rift

Running. Always running. (Newcomer) [Closed]

Crackers Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
It was bright daylight and the trees in the forest stood bare. Crackers had no idea of where he was he just kept galloping forward never looking back. His mind was frozen by fear and his nosetrills widened while his bodey was bruning hot and soaked in sweat. He had had one of those dreams. Again. The image of flaming wings and the feeling of deep pain and sorrow sparked in him as soon as he closed his eyes. Ha could nothing else than keep running when he felt like this. Just running until it would stop burning around his hofe, galloping for so long that his legs went numb and he would have to stop. That was the best feeling he knew, when he could not feel anything. Nothing was better than when his legs went numb and he just stood glaring straight ahed.
Finally he reached the point of extreme exhaustion and stopped leaning his heavy golden body against a tree breathing heavily for several minutes. He stared into the green, not looking for anything just feeling the sudden peace that he had gained from his hedlong run. Usually he could relax now maybe even doze a little and he nearly did - but suddenly he thought he heard something in the distance. Not anything noticable, just as if a couple of branches broke underneath light weight. Maybe it was just his imagination, his mind was very foggy and his bodey dehydrated at this point.

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

Orinthia Posts: 132
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 17 hands :: 4 years
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

I looked at the running horse, and tried to quietly approach him, so I wouldn't scare him, but I stepped on a twig, that snapped under my weight. Darn it. I thought to myself. He stopped dead, his chest heaving from his run, and slowly turned his head. I saw his beautiful golden pelt, and he seemed like a Palomino. I slowly walked up to him, perking my ears in a friendly way, trying not to show any aggression, what so ever.

"Hello. I am Orinthia", I said offering him a chance to speak. He seemed scared.. Of something, but I couldn't read his feelings completely. I felt bad for him and waited for him to reply, hoping he wouldn't run away from me.

"blah blah blah"

Unregistered

Crackers' head snapped towards the sound of another horse. At first the fear still burned in his eyes from his fears run away from his own thoughts and dreams that would always follow like a shadow luring in the dark. But then his temper shifted abruptly when he saw the black mare against the pale gray background and the brown dirt where the snow was slowly melting away. He looked at her with his dark eyes feeling curious and suddenly playful. He shook his head slightly just to get the worst of the dream on a distance but he could not hide the sweat that covered his body. He didn't mind much since it made his body glisten in the light sunshine that broke through the gray sky.

"Crackers" he said "I'm Crackers" and he pranced a couple of steps closer still keeping a respectable distance. Not knowing where exactly he were, Crackers could not be sure that the black mare wasn't dangerous though she did not scare him at all. He had been in much more dangerous situations without flinching. Remembering his bad dreams and the knowledge that he actually did not know exactly what he had been through a slight tremor passed through his body barely noticeable.

Still watching the black mare with curiosity Crackers awaited to figure out what this place was and who she was but maybe she would not be able to answer all his unspoken questions.

Hidden Account
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

The golden horses head snapped in my direction, and his eyes, were overflowing with fear. What was wrong with the lad? His golden body was covered in sweat, only making his pelt shine even more in the filtering sunlight through the branches. I've always admired golden horses,and their shining palomino fur. There used to be palomino fillies and mares in my herd. Me, being the only black one, besides my father. I admired the gold of palomino's pelts so much. Like the warm sun.

The lad's eyes changed from fearful, as if something was chasing him, to quite playful and curious. A lot like me at times. Always wanting to frolic. He then introduced himself to me, as Crackers. What an odd name. Like all of the other new horses I have met here. I smiled and watched as he warily pranced up to me, but with a friendly look in his eyes. I wanted to ask so many questions. The reason why I still stayed in these forests, is because I wanted to meet these newcomers. It was nice to converse with them, and ask them so many questions. I felt all rude, asking all the questions, but curiosity was my drive.

"I see you're playful!" I cheerfully said. "And curious, like me!" Stupid. I thought to myself lowering my self-esteem. "So...I've been told this is Helovia's Threshold. And I'm...I guess a newcomer too?" I questionably asked. I saw curiosity in his eyes. "Feel welcome to ask me anything", I said happily. Anything? I said thinking to myself. I then thought about my herd.

"blah blah blah"

Unregistered
Crackers watched the black mare, Orinthia, as she studied him. She was quite straightforward though this didn't bother the golden stallion. And she had answers. A slight sight escaped from Crackers - he had been pretty confused by this forest he had been traveling through for an amount of time he could not define. "Helovia?" He asked not knowing what that meant.
Newcomer? He thought to himself; so he had to be in a new land where there obviously were other equines. He felt delighted about this and felt a bit less lonely for the moment. He could nothing but enjoy that he had ran into a playful soul like himself. It could payoff to learn more about this mare - Orinthia - now that he did not have any knowledge of the area ore what could be hiding here in ... Helovia?
He pranced a couple more playful steps closer and stood right in front of her asking once again: "Tell me more about Helovia"

Hidden Account
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

Crackers seemed to lighten up more, as he playfully pranced towards me. His cheery attitude, made my day brighter and I playfully flicked my tail. "Tell me more about Helovia!" He curiously said making me brightly reply. "I have ventured all through out the lands, even though I don't know that much about them...", I said pausing. "But they are vast, with many different landscapes, such as the frost breath steppe, full of snow, or the Wind tossed hills, with the herd that lives there", I said. "Do you want to know more? I know a little bit of that place..!" I cheerfully said now, looking him straight in his eyes.

"Say, you seem happy!" I implied. "Want to run!" I said excited at the prospect of all the birds merrily chirping. I felt a strange sensation of euphoria.

"blah blah blah"

Unregistered
Crackers took in all the information. so there were herds in these lands he thought to himself. Maybe this mare could introduce him to these lands He had to see more no doubt about that. A lot more. Suddenly Crackers started to like this place. He felt much more comfortable and the haunting dreams and incoherent memories were deep hidden.
Crackers made a couple of excited steps and when Orinthia suggested to run. Just run. He neighed delighted and had trouble controling himself from jumping forward of playfulness.
"Yes, lets run" He smiled and realized that he didn't know which direction would take them anywhere that weren't just more endless trees. To Crackers it seamed as if he had been running for days through the forest. He looked hesitant at Orinthia: "Where to?" He said

Hidden Account
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

Crackers looked at me with a happy look. I knew he was curious about the lands here, and I looked at him. "I know you want to go to the new lands", I said looking at him. "We can run to the foothills, if you want", I courteously said. "C'mon!" I playfully chirped.

"blah blah blah"

Unregistered
Crackers listened to Orinthia with excitement. At the moment she had a lot to offer him and he just had to see these lands. Therefore he gladly followed her, when she suggested that they could go to the foothills. He held his tail high and his white mane played with the win while he looked like a glimmer of light when he galloped looking at the black mare.
He was excited to see these lands, though he knew nothing of what was coming. To him everything seamed new and strange, though he remembered forests like this one, and coming nearer to the foothills it did not seam like such a strange place after all. Crackers was ready for his new adventure. Right at that moment his fears and dreams seamed to be from an other world, and he simply enjoyed the wind through his golden mane.

Hidden Account
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

I saw Cracker's following me and I decided to lead him to the rims of the Wind tossed foothills. There, he would probably find a place in the big herd.

occ: Really short...sorry. do you think we could make a separate post in the foothills, like Orinthia showing you to the rim of the place and then leaving? Idk. You choose XD

"blah blah blah"

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
Kath and Orinthia, please abide by the 100 word count per post minimum rule.

Kath, you also must make sure to follow the site's image rules and credit the photo on your profile and used for your table.

Unregistered
OCC: The one on my table is credited... I made it.
Sory about the post count

Orinthia: It's fine, I'm pretty busy during christmas. So I respond slowly.

Hidden Account
Orinthia
occ: Sorry about not checking in a long time. I've been really busy with all these tests. 0-0 Take your time! :D