the Rift

We will be young forever [Gryffindor,Open]

Tribute Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Now,at the edge of what seemed like the world,Tribute peered down. Mist clouds were way below,proving how high they were. One little slip was all it would take to fall to an agonizing death,something he was piratically fond of doing. After a quick glance at the mist below him he took a few steps back and turn the opposite way to the edge,looking at the way they had come. Now all they had to do was wait. He was sure that a horse would pass by eventually. And it wasnt like he had met any other horses yet except Gryffindor,so two strange outcast in a herds land should hopefully draw attention to them.

Tribute and Gryffindor had already decided what they were going to do. He thought though the plan in his head. Visit the different herds.Find out about them. Cause trouble. It was simple. And there teamwork was perfect. They were sure that that could help. Any horse that passed they would be sweet and friendly-or is cunning the right word? He laughed to himself,with a toss of his head,his mane flying up in white whisks. He was sickly handsome,and he knew it. His mane was pure white and silky. The green in his body naturally faded in the winter. It was the key to his invisibility skills.

He turned to face Gryffindor taking a few steps up to the edge and nipping Gryffindor gently before peering over the edge himself when he had a daring thought. How around standing backwards-right on the edge? He quickly forgot about all the worse possibilities of what could happened as he backed himself up,hold himself back from laughing out loud-and not succeeding. His back hoofs were half one half of the edge. Yes. He had proven his daring skills once again and,with a shrill whiny he spun himself round with a half rear added till he was facing Gryffindor. He knew he was a show of. In all his beauty and courage-he just couldn't help it. "So Gryffindor,we wait. And if no one appears will come we shell gallop of to another herd land,but I am sure we will go un-missed here." He turned his head,pricking his ears. Waiting for the snap of a twig or some other noise.

Gryffindor Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Looking over the edge, Gryffindor seemed very insignificant, to the world, yes he may be taller than many horses and much stronger, but from this point of view, he seemed alot less powerful. He saw Tribute and smiled, now they would wait, wait for a sign, or a sound.

For a while they occupied them selves by playing some games they made up when they were kids. This brought memories flooding back to Gryffindor, he smiled in delight. As it started to get dark, things got a little more alive. For this was Gryffindors favourite time, the night. They both reared and whinnied in delight as the sun came down, throwing their to-die-for, glossy manes back and forth. Both of them had always been very handsome, and they both knew. They looked completely different, Tribute whiter than fresh snow and Gryffindor darker that the dark night, but together they were a bond that could never be broken.

"This... is gonna be fun" He said, with a big smile across his face.

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

I move through the mist with a familiar grace. I have not lived in this land long, but I have shaped to it well. I've surprised even myself with my talents as a wraith. My parents would have been proud, I think, I don't really remember them much at all any more. I'll continue thinking they'd be proud however, because that brings me joy.

I have just returned from bringing Kiara back home, the mission a fantastic success, and am meaning to wander the wilds of Helovia to clear my thoughts and strategize for my next plan of attack. This is when I notice the strange duo peering over the cliff face. I have a wild urge to run up and shove them over it, but a flick of my tail quells such dark thoughts. All the same I think them strangers - although I am by no means a social beast, our herd is small and I have studied its members well.

These two do not belong.

Although it's possible they are only good-intending new comers, the rash of raids upon our borders has left us all on guard. I know the protectors will likely be doing rounds on the borders in this very moment, but there are few of them and lots of ground to cover. If I leave these stallions to their own devices who know what I may return to.

Heaving a sigh I slop my tail to my side. In a matter of strokes a great black jaguar stands beside me, as lean and ominous as the true thing. Side by side we approach the duo, finally revealing myself.

I do not call out to them. I would like to; to raise my voice with a firm authority I do not poses and demand to know why they are here - benevolent or not I cannot be too cautious right now. Yet I don't. Rather, I can't.

Mute I can but stand and stare at them with eye of an intense jet, the prowling panther at my side hopefully warning enough that their presence is due an explanation.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Unregistered

Tribute and Gryffindor froze as a dark figure appeared to be watching them. Her pricked his ears and raised his head. This,is what I have been waiting for. He laughed to himself and he positioned his legs squarely,bringing him up to his full height. As he did though a black shape emerged from behind the horse,almost as though it had grown from him and then separated,and there stood a jaguar. Its was clear that the horse was its commander and it would do as he wished. Which ment an attack if he was a cruel hearted horse.

He tensed his body,posing in such a way. His body merging with the bleak snow,making it almost impossible to see him. He felt his mane and tail being lifted by a sudden strong gust of wind. His horn was ready in case anything did happen,which reminded him. He may not want to be so close to the edge. He took a few paces forward,relaxing his body as he saw the two coal creatures coming peacefully to them. Now just a few meters away Tribute expected one of the two to speck,mainly the horse.

But it didn't happen. Instead black eyes looked him and Gryffindor up and down. Tribute was weary of both of them. If there wasn't the panther there he would have made a move,and if the panther hadn't seemed to be in the stallions control,he would have made a move to. But he was clever. Maybe not as clever as Gryffindor,but clever enough to know the panther could cause some bad damage if he wanted. Shifting his weight to his right leg he spoke. "Hello,I am Tribute." He bowed his head respectfully. Even though he was not the owner of wings or a horn,he was still a grand animal. To him,Horse,Pegasus and Unicorn were the same. He glanced at Gryffindor. "And this is my friend Gryffindor. We are rather new here,will you tell us about this place?" His words were acted out as being an innocent young horse,but he truly meant to find out all he could about this place. Weather if was by force or not. Tribute was cunning. He would find out all he wanted.

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
The Edge had been in uproar since Mirage had been taken by Xanthos and there was no doubt that everyone was on edge. It was this idea that brought me home for the past few days, as I felt an obligation to the herd, even if I had yet to get to know absolutely everyone. Spring was approaching and it seemed that the creatures of Helovia were coming to life and war was becoming a prominent issue as the cold began to dissipate. It seemed that the warmth had thawed the frozen ambitions of those like Xanthos and encouraged them to commit foolish acts, which I could say so surely due to the anger that bubbled in the pit of my stomach. Mirage had come to me in the Threshold and it seemed that I owed her as much as my participation in her rescue. I would later go to Lace, a grullo stallion that I had seen at the campfire to enroll my aid in our lead’s return. However, the thought was forgotten momentarily as the musky scent of newcomers stung my nostrils with a pungent stink that prickled my skin.

The ground was soft beneath my weight and the suckling of mud marked my approach, though I did nothing to conceal it. There were three animals, two holding offensive positions and merely one in defense. I hadn’t seen the black stallion before, though the way he held himself towards these entirely new faces ensured me of his belonging to the Edge. He appeared to be a strange creature, an uncommonly opaque shade of black that seemed to run alive across his skin. I had never seen anything like it and upon second glance I noticed that this liquid substance had gathered and swelled into a shapeless mass before becoming more definitive. At the dark stallion’s side, an ink-like panther came to life, black eyes steadily inspecting the opposing stallion duo. The cat was tense, as if he held a personal connection to the strange animal from the Edge, a protector of his silent companion.

Neither animal spoke to the intruders and I hadn’t time to question why before a pale stallion stepped forward to take the stage. He was nearly as strange as the fluid animal now at my side. I had ignored introduction in favor of becoming a listener. I relied merely on the alliance of calling each other “herd mates” as my invitation to join the black Edge member. The snowy stallion spoke with tunes of self-admiration and arrogance, but I was quiet and observant enough not to make much note of it other than a simple narrowing of the eyes. He appeared to be a languid creature, clearly confident in his position as self-proclaimed “leader”. The secondary stallion lay in wait, obeying his master as he should, quietly observing and avoiding conversation thus far. The pair was just too strange for me to understand and this put me on edge, my muscles bunching and gathering beneath my skin.

I was clearly larger than all members in attendance and I used this to my advantage. Pressing forward, I lowered my gaze to the snowy bandit, my throat constricting in forced kindness. “What would you like to know of the place?” I held reservations of the two and tried to offer them some sort of fairness before jumping to conclusions, but intuition told me to stay on my toes… With so many raids reducing our numbers and crippling our power, I felt overprotective of the residents of my home. Glancing back at Gryffindor, as this “Tribute” had finally named, I decided that if they were indeed serious about joining our ranks, I didn’t want to make them uncomfortable in doing so. Gruff tones erupting from my throat once more, though I had tried to soften them with ideas of friendship, it seemed that I had resorted to shelling them out until I had been proved of their innocent intentions. “I’m Thor, World’s Edge Apprentice Protector. There’s much to know about the Edge, but wiser questions would impose more knowledgeable answers...

I couldn’t help the crude sentiment, but if they had wanted answers, they should have come with thought-out questions. Locking a stiff gaze on the pair, I pondered the inky stallion at my side. I hadn’t a clue his name or his role in the Edge, but I was glad to have his support, even if none had ever been truly discussed. I was focused on reviving the Edge as a whole and it seemed that with so much going on, I couldn’t help but feel judgmental of newcomers in Mirage’s absence. I was determined to get to the bottom of this sickening feeling that dwelled in the pit of my stomach at the sight of these stallions, after all, how often did males travel together and bare good intentions?

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Unregistered

As Gryffindor stood there, quietly listening to what these others had to say, he felt disappointed for what they had come to do was now off the lines. He stood inspecting them. One had a sort of shiny black coat, and the other was a bay. Gryffindor stood with his head held high, and tensed ever muscle in his body. He was normally good with words and speaking, but for now, he stayed quiet.

There was a long awkward silence between them all. Gryffindor and Tribute glanced at each other and they both smirked. 'What now?' Gryffindor thought 'Maybe we should make a run for it and find a new place to have fun?' But no, he didn't want to make himself look weak and scared.

To break the scilence Gryffindor spoke in a loud and clear voice "We just decided to come and have a look at the place, I've never been here before, it's very open..." 'Open...' he thouht 'open!?! why did i say OPEN?!? Isn't there a better word then open?! Like nice or different??' He was now looking confused in front of them, as soon as he noticed what he was doing, he pulled it into a hard-to-read, stern face.

He now decided that he would keep his mouth shut, Tribute was very cunning, and he knew that Tribute could, if he liked, get anything out of those horses. He had all his faith in Tribute, and he knew that he could do it, no doubt about it.

Unregistered

Tribute watched as a heavy built horse with tiny wings approached them. A Pegasus,well not much of one. There was no way he could fly with those wings. They were pathetic. He eyed up Gryffindor's wings,the raven like color made it almost impossible to see as his body was also the harsh raven color. Tribute was about to speak again after the stallion had first spoke but his sentence continued further. I’m Thor, World’s Edge Apprentice Protector. There’s much to know about the Edge, but wiser questions would impose more knowledgeable answers. He nodded to all he was saying. Thor the protector. Well,this could be fun and if he wants questions,I shell give him his desire. Chuckling to himself he planned what he was going to do and whilst he was planning Gryffindor spoke,breaking the silence. Open. Laughing to himself again he knew how annoyed Gryffindor would be at using such a boring word.

Now,having planned what he was going to do next he prepared himself to move quickly. He nudged Gryffindor and shot him a cunning look. Flicking his tail he took a few quick steps forward in a speedy trot,before half rearing round so that now both the two horses,the black and Thor,were sandwiched between himself and Gryffindor. Bingo. He laughed,hoping to shake of any weary feelings the two strange horses in front of him had. "What are the horses like? And the leader? We would love to know anything about this place. Its beautiful." He put on a convincing act aiming to fool both horses into thinking he was 'just passing by'. Haha,fools. He flicked his ears forward,waiting for a replay. His eyes were full of curiosity. It was fake,but convincing.

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

"Such knowledge is reserved only for those intending on making the Edge their home."

The voice dripped from the very mists that danced about the trees. That was the curious thing about this place. The mists, they always lingered, no matter the season, nor the time of day. I used them to my advantage, of course, they blended in with the pale coating of my hide and presented my otherworldly figurine to those present in a most obscure, and ghostly manner. My delicate tiara tilted, my silken locks cascading down the attractive curve of my nape as my deep, violet eyes drink the happenings with keen interest.

"What are your intentions?" I hardly needed to ask, however, with the season turning, I had felt the mists of the land become less giving of their foretelling information, and so I was relying upon my keen sense of intuition this day. I looked to my fellows, to the Wraith and the Protector, my eyes gleaming with knowledge and amusement at them. Leonine tail swirls behind me, as my lean and limber legs sketch an oval about the four stallions.

Go ahead, steeds. Lie to me.

I dare you.

Hidden Account
Blu

The presence of another approaches just as the large, pale stallion turns to me. He is surprisingly calm considering the jaguar of ink pacing at my side and the rather abrupt revealing of myself through the mists. Cautious, I watch him with a spy's scrutiny for detail, wondering with as much suspicion as curiosity as to who he is and why he is. I am half listening to his well versed words with one ear. My other tilts towards the footfalls of a herd mate nearing. It's a bay pegasus.

Thor, if I remember right.

He's standing at my side now and I spare him a glance, appreciative of his back up. I truly can provide nothing but a ruse to these strangers and would have been beaten into a black smear on the ground had they chosen violence. He is quick to assert his authority and rank, imposing a much more intimidating front than I just with his sheer bulk. He's on edge, as I suspected, his words a bit coarse and rash.

I guess we're on all edge here at the Edge.

I wish to laugh, but it would be terribly inappropriate.

The black stranger seems more shy. I wonder if it is a genetic trait of black horses, thinking of myself. I flick my tail - the jaguar crouches, patiently impatient.

He speaks and I feel myself wince as he proves Thor's claims of stupidity rather on mark. Open the large stallion says with a strange sort of awe. I tilt my head, unsure if he is truly dim witted or just pitiful. I wonder if he lived in a tight forest his whole life, more a deer than a horse. Yet he is a bird by all rights with that line of thought, and birds are very accustomed to open. Is this a fissure in their well rehearsed game, or just an honesty of character that is, to politely put it, lacking?

The pale one nudges his kin? Or are they only friends. His partner, either way, and my gaze narrows further as I ponder the meaning behind that small motion. He then strides forward quickly, moving around Thor and I in a dangerous way. I unconsciously scrunch closer to the protector, ears high on my poll as I whip my head around to follow the white steed. My tail is a flurry of motion and my panther is back on his feet, wet paws staining the earth as he slinks ahead of me, his tail an angry snake behind him. A silent yowl presses from his mouth as he stalks the line between the snowy stranger and I.

I'm not sure if I'm just paranoid. These two after all haven't quite yet done anything. Yet I feel my hide bristle and his motions make me clench my jaw with every stride. They are up to no good I am sure, and fearful I wonder if I will finally get my introduction to fighting today. I begin to regret my decision to approach them, selfish as I am.

His voice slides over me like the coarse brine of the sea, cold and unpleasant, while he demands information. I want to glance at Thor, to convey in some way to him that I would not trust such knowledge with these beasts as I might a different newcomer. The information is not entirely secretive, many know of Mirage and the image of the Edge, but I do not wish for them to know, not like this, here and now.

I flatten my ears.

Another voice cuts through the fog. It was so sudden I flinch, my body briefly dissolving into ink before reforming whole once more; my outline melting momentarily and perhaps unnoticed. I glance furtively to the side and am relieved, obviously so as my stance relaxes, to find Hellena. Although she is no fighter, indeed I wonder if she is any better than I, though I know her little, just her presence should be enough to set the odds against these brutes.

Perhaps they do not need to be told what the horses of the Edge are like, they'll see it for themselves. We are strong, intelligent, united.
We are one.

Unregistered

Gryffindor glanced to the side to see a newcomer emerge, he looked straight back and concentrated hard, his mane following and lay beautifully by his side. He stared into the eyes of this 'Thor' and tried to unwind his thoughts, Gryffindor was very good at finding out how a person was feeling.

His aim was to act weak and dim witted, and it was working, so, when or if they make a move, they were in for a surprise. He stood for a minute and watched as the newcomer arrived, it was a white mare, fragile as she seemed, Gryffindor did not underestimate her, as her powers could just be as powerful that his wisdom and brute force.

Looking round, he began to size everyone up. There was Thor, he seemed to be quite a heavy build, but not as heavily built as him. There was this black horse, who seemed very out of place with all the other, he looked like a small threat, but he was still a threat.

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Molten eyes danced now with anger, the pupil dilating in such a way that I felt at a loss of myself, possessed even. The basin members were making a run with their money and they held no intentions of setting Mirage free, along with many other prisoners that wasted away in their capture. The pallid animal exchanged positions and came around to press against the inky stallion’s position. His cat screeched and it was an ugly sound of exile that pushed me to believe that all was not well with these invaders. Inside, my stomach turned and my heart clapped against it’s fleshy restraint, almost jumping from my chest in the sudden rage that brought me up short. My body had tensed and an invisible fire course through my veins, lovingly assaulting my nerves in such a way that made me stand on toes. In a moment, I understood my companion’s need for reassurance, as he had turned into me, asking if I had the courage to reprimand these fools if the need arose. I had never battled another animal before today, but I knew this outcome would be very different if these two witlings didn’t learn to keep their heads.

A blackened gaze held them in time, questioning and yet asking for them to make one wrong move. At 17 hands, I outweighed all creatures in attendance, a massive wall locked between them and the Edge. Fear had been long forgotten and I merely hoped one of them would make example of themselves, though I did hope it would be the snowy bastard, so arrogant in youth. I wasn’t sure how to communicate with the nearly unstable raven at my side because words did not appear to be his strong suit, but I allowed our shoulders to meet quickly in guidance of what could come. Pulling away from him, my shoulder was then tinged with his mark of inky liquid. I was afraid to catch his gaze in spite of what I knew I would find there, two shiny black inkwells, bottomless and unforgiving. At least I didn’t find myself facing this monster, for I feared him more than the two imposters, little shits…

However, I was momentarily surprised by the appearance of the ghostly mare. She was quiet upon entering, but bold in her word choice and I commended her for such a feat. She was far more aged than the rest of us, but that didn’t mean that power did not course through her brittle bones. There was an aura about her that confused me and reassured me all at once. She hadn’t a need to lift a hoof in battle because there was something altogether sensual about her. Whether it be magic or otherwise, the Edge was shaping up to be a formidable adversary in light of these ignorant fools.

Words were brazen upon my tongue, though I tried to keep them in line, “I suggest you return to your prior position if you believe you are to make it out of here unscathed. I’ve seen wiser creatures fall under lesser circumstances.” The tone was sharp and condescending, falling heavily upon the ugly ears of Tribute. Stupid fuckers, mess with me. The softened part of my heart suddenly grew cold and I felt like a predator hunting its prey. One wrong move and I’ll be at your throat… I have a lot more riding on this than you.

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Unregistered

Paramore

~ Ignorance ~

Tribute watched as a ghostly,dappled mare made an appearance for the trees. He shook his head and stepped back,allowing her to get near the inky black horse and Thor. "What are your intentions?" He knew why he and his brother were here. He knew very well why they were here. Information. Sussing out the herds,knowing there strengths and weaknesses. So far he knew they were clever. To clever for his liking,and Gryffindor's brains did not seem to be with him lately.

A unpleasant growl stole Tribute away from his thoughts. His piercing eyes looked into those of the black cat as it protected his.. creator. He was tempted to lower his head to the panthers level and say "Ahh is some little kitty getting angry?" but he held back. This was not the time to be cocky. Tribute had expected to draw horses in,but no,not a panther. And he did not plan on getting teared to pieces by it. He glared from panther,Thor. His eyes were fulled with wrath. Tribute decided it was best not to show any emotion. He stirred blankly at Thor,almost ignoring the presence of the dapple mare. He took a step back,looking over all three of the horses,and the menacing panther. He sent Gryffindor a almost invisible nod,one that only Gryffindor would understand. "Come here Gryffindor,away from the edge. " It was all said in a simple nob.

"Look,we do not come in harm. There would be no point in that." His voice was genuine. He didn't come to cause pain-it would be stupid,almost humiliating. "And why would we want to now? You have told us all we want to know-with out saying a thing. You are clever. And you seem to be going though a hard time as a herd. What with you leader being taken away. " His voice was turning menacing. Having your herd leader being taken was a great shame. A great weakness in the herd. All though his journey to the edge he had heard horses over talking about what had happened. He didn't know much,but he was curious to find out more. "I am happy to leave you in peace,do you agree Gryffindor?" He took a few steps back,waiting for Gryffindor to join him. If he felt like he wanted to leave as well.

"blah blah blah."

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

The simple words they employ to speak sheds much light on the low level of intelligence we are clearly dealing with. My eyes remain impassive, my gaze aloof as it darts from stallion to stallion. We might outnumber them, but it never the quantity of soldiers that wins battles - it is within the heart that the true strength lies. The strength and determination of an individual soldier that can defeat an entire battalion should he believe in himself enough.

I look to the soldiers before me, for that is what we are, even if our labels might suggest otherwise, and I nod to myself. Yes, we would win should they attempt to use force. They did not host the appropriate amount of brain cells to be successful here, not with the strength of Thor, the slippery magic of Ink and my own graceful, deadly sword - they would sooner die than cause harm to our lands, our kin.

He speaks of the stupidity of war, and whilst I agree with him, he continues to spout idiotic comments. Our leader is captive elsewhere, perhaps, but still we stood strong in her stead, working our way towards getting her returned to us. It mattered little that they knew their leader was gone, so did everyone else, it would seem. They would do well to note the swiftness in which Mirage would be returned to us, too. Perhaps they would return then, and face the wrath of the DragnHeart directly.

"Be gone."

My tones contain within them a harsh finality, an order impossible to refuse. These idiots did not belong here; the sooner their dull-brained skulls took up residence elsewhere, the better.

Hidden Account
Blu

They don't seem to understand words very well, for they remain when they have been asked to leave. I flick my ears uncertainly, eyes twitching between either stallion. The tension has thickened. Though nothing but peace has been spoken, there is the underlying sensation of a snake coiled behind a rock, poised to strike at the next stride.

I have the impulse to charge at them, madly flailing to describe in as best I can that they really should depart. I would scream it at them if I could, but I doubt they'd heed it any better. I hardly think a rash decision to throw my bodice at them any better a tool, but the nerves have me coiled so tight I feel for a brief moment the courage of a warrior on the threshold of a battle. The weakness floods out of me and I stand firm and strong, teeth bared under the grim line of black lips as I regard these foul intruders with an increasing rage.

We all have our breaking points. I have been worn too thin, my ink washed over a canvas too broad, that I feel myself cracking. Rather than split I imagine I will rebound with a sharp snap.