the Rift

Time for a Friend [Any God]

Mesir Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

</style>

I saunter up to the shrine, my black locks flipped neatly to the side, cool blue eyes calculating my surroundings. It is almost a waste of my time to be here without the Sun God able to be summoned, but I am not ready to waste a month to wait for his return. I will deal with whatever god shows up. I snort in annoyance, and as a sign of respect for my god, I swish my mane, flames erupting and consuming the blackness, creating hues of red, yellow, and orange. My mane and tail flicker in the darkness, and I sit back on my haunches. I huff and get ready to call upon the lesser gods. “I wish for a companion. A caracal. And I would like a speedy reply.” I stare at the sky and rethink my question. “Please. And…thank you.” I grimace and wait.

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

"You would do well to remember your manners mare." The Moon Goddess hissed as she stepped from the thick veil of darkness and into the flickering yellow and red light the mare's flaming hair projected. Silver eyes were cold and critical as she looked over the desert mare that had been her brother's foolish follower. "You are in no position to demand anything from any of us, foolish girl."

The Goddess was in no mood to deal with her brother's overly demanding followers who thought they were entitled to an answer from any of the gods.

"If you think of us as lesser gods then perhaps you should go to the Steppe and visit the almighty and powerful Sun God who was ousted by the lesser gods." She spat, her anger rising. Sometimes being immortal and all knowing had its setbacks, but now was a time when she was content to know what this particular mortal thought of her. "Speak quickly child, why should I give you a companion?"

Unregistered

</style>

The Goddess of the Moon appears, and a pang of remorse flares in my soul. I know the gods are all equal, yet she does not understand that I have a special connection to the Sun God. The sunlight was there for me when no one else was. I stare at the lady of the Moon, my blue eyes ice, yet softened, because I know there is no way to acquire the wildcat who could be my companion if I am rude. I incline my head with respect and apology; I was not aware my thoughts would be read. Still, I deserve my companion. Everyone, no matter how much of a bitch like me, deserves a friend. “I apologize. I am Mesir, an Informant in the Dragon’s Throat herd. Forgive me, but I am loyal to the sun, the beacon that has shone through my miserable childhood. The sun has always been by my side, something my father taught me when I was young. He was the only one who loved me, my mother thinking I was a freak for the marking on my face. We lived in a conservative herd. When he died, I turned to the sun, which reminded me of my father, and travelled to Helovia and found the Throat. It seems I have become bitter, and for that I am sorry. I ask you now for a companion, a caracal to represent my heritage, simply for a friend who has not already judged me for my bitter hatred and distrust of everyone around me.” I take a breath, not used to talking at length. Short snippets do not waste my breath and get to the point without rambling. I look again at the Goddess, with a noble and proud expression. She seemed strong, with a personality likewise to myself, one that I could appreciate. Now I could only hope she shared my feeling.

Helovian Ancient
Admin

"I know who you are." The Goddess says icily as she looks down upon Mesir. She listened without remorse to Mesir's story of her only being loved by her father. It was a sob story that the Goddess had heard countless times in her endless life and it was one that she came to care less and less about. Furthermore, she did not feel like it gave her a just reason to give the disrespectful mare what she wanted so desperately.

"Not everyone deserves a friend." She said once the oddly marked mare had finished speaking. "If you truly want a friend you could do well to put your bitterness and bitchiness aside and make one rather than beg me to give you one. Are you that insufficient at meeting your own needs?" Silver eyes remained cold as she glared at the other mare and waited for an answer.

Unregistered

</style>

I take a giant deep breath and steady myself. I cannot let the Moon Goddess get to me; this companion is more important than my pride. I would downplay my thoughts, be subservient for once in my life, and hide my opinions— even if the sheer effort killed me. Blue ice chips are my eyes, glazed over to hide my true emotions. I look the Goddess straight in the eye and say, “Than I shall make some friends. But my reputation precedes me. If the process is difficult, I should like to have someone to help me along the way. What must I do to receive this companion for which I beseech you?” Come on, Goddess, I think to myself. Pick your poison.

Helovian Ancient
Admin

"You make a lot of assumptions in thinking that I am going to give you the companion you request." The Moon Goddess stated cooly. Mesir had told her a story, given her a reason for her own desire for a companion, but after her complete lack of respect she still had not given the Goddess a reason she found acceptable for giving her one.

"Your time is running out, child." Her tone became patronizing as she spoke to her brother's follower. "And my patience has worn thin." She sighed and looked skyward as she contemplated whether or not to give the foolish girl a companion.

A smile began to spread across the Goddess' lips as her silver gaze fell back to Mesir. "For a season you will outcast yourself from the patron land of your wonderful god." She instructed Mesir. "Everyone that you speak to you must praise me. If you don't then there will be no companion in your near future, I will personally see to it." She promised. "And if you use that gift my brother gave you that marks you as one of his own then your time will be increased. Don't test me girl." She gave her final warning and stood waiting for the foolish girl's reaction.