the Rift

Calling You [Any God]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

It was with mixed emotions that the Haflinger had made this journey. Downhearted tinged with eagerness, uncertainty, and fear were to name a few of the emotions that she was filled with, as the thought of seeing a God, in person, made her quake with awe. The Veins of the Gods was truly a sight to behold. Never before, even in all of her adventures, had Romani seen such a place that held such unearthly beauty as this. The ash stung at her eyes and throat, but the Haflinger would not be deterred.

Taking in a deep breath, she came to a stop just before the shrines of the Gods, admiring each one before allowing her azure eyes to fall closed. What had brought her here? Loneliness… Yes, that was it. She yearned for companionship. Ever since the incident in the Endless Blue, Romani had been troubled and uncertain about many things… It was often that she found her mind wandering to the grullo stallion she had met, and the elation she felt upon thinking of him was soon darkened that their meeting had been so brief, and ended rather darkly. Perhaps a companion would help her overcome such thoughts?

“Oh, Gods of this beautiful land,” Romani began, lifting her head up to gaze at the sky, “Please hear my prayers. I came to ask for companionship, if you should deem me fit to receive it.“

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
From a wisp of shadow, the Goddess of the Moon appeared. She was an image of grace and beauty that brought darkness to the world around her, but oh was she wicked. She could not contain her grin as the night fell and brought with it the bones of an innocent. On this evening she felt particularly villainous, particularly inclined to lie.

Like a cat she slinked forth, emerging from her brother's lava concoction and letting it fall off her in ashen sheets. As the wind fell to her mercy she swept it towards the innocent Haflinger on the rocks. If it had been hard to breathe before, she would struggle even more now. "This land," the goddess began ominously with a tilt of her head and an easy step to stand before the mare, "is no more beautiful than I am wicked. Tell me, child, what exactly do you seek?" Her eyes softened and she appeared to be gentle for the time being. Why not toy with those who did not know better? "To wish for a companion is to wish for something great and precious, but you must tell me more. Perhaps then I can aid you."

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

As the shadows twisted and morphed before her very eyes, Romani could only watch as the Goddess of the Moon appeared before her. She was humbled by the Goddess's presence, taking in the unearthly beauty of the lavender mare with the white mane and tail. Despite how awed she felt, there was nothing the Haflinger could do to hide the tinge of fear she felt. After all, a Goddess was standing before her, a simple equine...

There was a tension in the Veins now as the lavender ancient grew closer, and Romani was finding it difficult to breathe due to the density of the air. Despite the instinct inside of her that said, perhaps, this was a bad idea, the palomino held her ground. Her head was not as high as she normally held it, for she wanted the Goddess to know that she understood her place.

At first glance, the Goddess of the Moon seemed genuinely intrigued by her plight. This encouraged the Haflinger to speak, albeit softly.

"My Lady," Romani said softly, tipping her head forward in a bow, "I seek a companion, a tiger as white as the snows of Frostfall, to join me on my travels across Helovia, and further if need be. Someone who will have my back in times of peace and war, and to help quell the loneliness I feel." She knew that the Goddess of the Moon wouldn't simply give her a companion, and that she would need to earn it... But it was what she would have to do that would put her to the test.

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
The mare before the Goddess seemed humble. Rightfully so, the queen of the night thought with a sly grin. She listened inattentively to the request. It mattered little to her what this insignificant mare desired, the quest would remain the same as she had first intended it to be. It would be cruel and manipulative, and the Goddess herself would come out of it with shoulders lifted in pride.

Her eyes widened as if with concern and her body curled towards the mare. It was strange to act as if she cared- curious to consider that others did so freely. Only her brother loved these beasts that walked their world, and only he could deal with their incessant pestering. They were so greedy and needy; she wished she could simply crush their heads together sometimes.

But now was not one of those times. She had a lie to forge, and so did this mare. "Go forth and find another to love and love you with as much heart as you hope to love this companion that you desire. Return to me once this task is complete- but be patient, mare, and do not be hasty with your love. Love is a precious thing, let it guide you before you lead it." The Goddess spoke cryptically, hiding her true intentions all the while. What the mare decided to do with the information she would see, but she would be watching. Watching from on high as she often did when the opportunity to meddle with mortals arrived.

[[Romani must find another character and 'love' them, as well as get them to reciprocate the emotion. Note that while this love can be like that of two mates, it can also be an incredibly close friendship. The importance is that they both love each other immensely. Once that is done, come back here alone to find out the rest.]]