the Rift

Torture Me Please (Psyche)

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo

A reflection could clearly be seen in the pale colored glass. The stallion almost matched, if it were not for the red and black mixed into him. He looked around the cavern, watching and waiting. He would wait for his mistress forever if he had to. He loved being alone with the shadows, the red gemstone unicorn mare, the leader of the Plague. Their fires had collided, and it seemed that they would never be the same, and it would be worse if their fires ever ceased to stop touching. He loved the way she looked. She had a slim black body, and white every now and then. Her horn was a dark color than his, with a red gemstone at the base. He could stare at her for hours. She moved in a way that was unlike any he had seen, especially now when he had met some other mares. She moved with grace and agility, and she moved languidly. Her voiced match the movement of her body, except when she had a tone of anger or sadness. He missed her so much it was almost unbearable. He remembered asking her how she was when she was in the Steppe with Ophelia, and she mentioned that is had only been a couple of days. But it always seemed to him like lifetimes, or centuries. He hoped he would get to the point that he would always see her, always be with her. He wanted to live every second with her by his side. Maybe he was just love drunk again, but he didn’t care. It felt good, and he couldn’t help it. He paced back and forth and waited, waiting and waiting for his love to come.
Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

She had dedicated much of her time to consideration of the Plague. What would be the most effective way to strike against the Qian? How would it be easiest to destroy the skyrats? The hornless? What should she do with her followers? How should she separate them? They would fare better in groups, she was sure, a group of 'medics' - laughable, really, she should call them poisoners - and a group of soldiers. But what would she do with those who didn't fit into either category? She had some who had no desire to learn the intricacies of poison, but she also has some who were unskilled in the art of warfare. Like Valentine.

Valentine. She sighed. She couldn't decide how she felt about Valentine. She was deeply appreciative of his racism, and she was extremely grateful for not only his loyalty to her cause, but to her. Despite her instincts that screamed not to trust anyone, she found herself more willing to trust him than most. She was even quite fond of him, if she allowed herself to admit it. His complete adoration of her was, at the very least, amusing, and even a bit flattering. Sure, she had had some that had sought to gain her trust by also gaining love - a laughable concept. But Valentine's devotion to her was true, and that was a perplexing concept to the shadow-mare, thought to be incapable of love.

Fond of him as she was, she had long pondered how he would keep an active role within the Plague, but remain safe as well. Safe, and close to her. Weak! she hissed to herself. He is nothing! But it wasn't true. No, she did not love him, in the accepted form of love, but she did care for his well-being, and that was a miracle in and of itself. It was a weakness that she hated herself for, and yet she could not block the feelings that coursed through her veins. It was as though her return, her confrontation with the FrostHeart, her loss of her king had opened gateways that hadn't existed before. Weak! her mind shrieked again, but now there was a shadow of a doubt.

She galloped through the snow, melting now with the approach of Birdsong. The Arch, however, still stood as frozen as ever, and as she arrived, she slowed her pace to a trot which echoed through the long, weaving halls. Her reflection flickered, ever shifting in the icy caverns. Rounding a corner, she caught sight of the ivory stallion that had thrown her emotions into chaos. A low nicker greeted him, along with a smile. It was slightly deranged, as her smiles always were, but it was also touched with a sweetness that wasn't usually present. The little voice in her head screamed at her again, but she silenced it. "Valentine," she greeted him. A simple enough greeting, but it got the point across.

[W/C | 492]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Hidden Account
teeroo

Valentine looked about when he heard his name. There she is. The sound of his name on her tongue sounded wonderful to him. Suddenly, a thought occurred to him. It made him stop, everything stop. What was he doing? It made him shut down, and he stopped breathing. He could feel the cold seep into his body, and go to his core. What was happening? It seemed like he was trapped, but not in his body. He was in his mind. The memories suddenly flashed before him. When he first met Psyche, when she nuzzled him, talking about the Plague. Everything went by in a second’s flash, and it was almost cryptic, even to him, having lived in the moments. In that flash, he saw all of his mistakes. It was facade. It was all a show. Or was it? He knew he had feelings for the mare. He wanted to protect her, help her, hell he might even die for her. But was it love? He didn’t know. He had never known love, so maybe it wasn’t that. He felt like he was obsessed with her, and maybe he was. But something had to change. He didn’t know how to react now. Should he play it off? Or would she notice a difference? In a sudden second his mind reconnected to his body. Everything fit back into place, and he was in reality again. However, all was far from well. His stomach was in a knot and he felt sick. His mind felt like his stomach, and everything was twisted up, his muscles, even his bones seemed to feel the pain. He suddenly lost his balance and fell over. It didn’t help, but it helped distract him from the other pain and the thoughts he just realized. He looked over at her, hoping he hadn’t just given everything away.
“Psyche…” he trailed off, not knowing what to say. Should he tell her? How would she react? He didn’t know, but now was not the best time. He tried to sit up and failed, but managed to get himself into his custom sitting position. He looked back at her again, and spoke. “Hello. I’m sorry. I guess I don’t feel good. What is it you wanted to talk about?”

(Dun Dun Dun! Drama! :D)

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

The effect of her word on the stallion was immediate: he looked around, something alight in his orbs, some unknown emotion that she had never seen and, therefore, could not place. And then it was gone, suddenly, and she felt as though with its disappearance the breath had been pulled forcefully from her lungs. It was replaced with a darker look, one that spoke of fear, suspicion, confusion. She resisted the urge to take a step back, to flatten her lobes against her skull in the wave of perplexed agitation that washed over her. Had she made a mistake in placing her trust in this steed? After all, the male gender was a fickle one, their affections changing on a daily basis. Not his, she reminded herself, the image of the Ice King clear in her mind's eye.

Perhaps she was the fickle one. Well, she wouldn't be making that mistake again. She would simply act as though nothing were the matter, and Valentine would fall back into line, and that was as it should be. She should be the one with the power and, remembering that, she would rid herself of the skittish tendencies that accompanied the strong emotions evoked by first Mauja, and now Valentine. Different feelings, to be sure, but both were strong for both she was unprepared. The shadow-mare was returned to the present as the stallion toppled over, seemingly unbalanced by whatever thoughts had been going through his mind. She stared, caught by surprise and disbelieving - he really could simply fall over? This was precisely why she needed to protect him!

She swallowed, unsure what to say, but he beat her to the words. "Psyche..." Her name was a blessing on his lips, but it was lacking a certain affection that he had previously shown her. There was a distance, some wall between them that had not previously existed. She was affronted, and some part of her mind, opening slowly to him, slammed shut once more, an iron door on a room full of secrets. She was once again the Crux, and playing the role as such, not as one who cared about his safety. This is why you don't open up to them, a hissing voice in her mind wheedled. They won't care for you, why should you for them? She met his gaze squarely, refusing to back down. She was his leader, and she was here to discuss business.

But as his leader, was it not her responsibility to care for her brethren? If he had some problem that he needed solved, was it not her job to see to it that she assisted him in any way she could? She hesitated. This had always been Mauja's job, not hers, and now he was gone, leaving her scrambling. But she had seen him act before, and she herself was an excellent actress. And so she sighed, took a few steps forward, lowered her crown from its haughty stature and instead approached him with a much more friendly air that the tense better-than-thou stance she had assumed the moment before. "Why do you feel unwell?" she asked, jumping straight to the point. Besides, it wouldn't do for him to fall ill, not now. She would summon the doctor if she must, but she must first know the problem.

[W/C | 555]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Hidden Account
teeroo

He stared at her. He felt the connection between them dwindle, but it he wouldn’t let it go. No, I’m not doing it. I love her god dammit. There was a look of worry and confusion on her face, and he wanted that to go away as quickly as possible. He shakily stood, breathing heavy and hard, but made words come from his maw. He needed to ask this now, he needed to know. He couldn’t continue without knowing.
“Psyche.“ He said it again, feeling her name roll off his tongue like it used to. That was good. “I know we are here on business…but I have to ask you something.” He looked away, embarrassed. He wasn’t sure how to handle her, and he didn’t want to sound completely stupid, or make himself the fool. He looked at her again, deep in her eyes. The amber orbs were on him, and he as he stared at her he saw into her soul, or at least it felt like it. He felt the blackness in there, was there was also a tiny point of light, and it grew bigger as he stared. Maybe this was love.
“I love you.” The words poured from him, and after those three he was unable to stop. “I…I love you. Truly. I’ve never been in love with a mare before, but I’m sure this is what it is. Your so beautiful. When I first met you I felt it, and I guess I didn’t realize it fully till just now. But…I need to know…if you feel something too.” He was out of breath, and he wanted to hear the words “Yes” and “I love you too” so bad it made his heart hurt. He hoped with all his heart that this was right, and he wanted it to be true more than anything in his whole existence. Please say yes. Just please.

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

Well, that was unexpected. If that was what happened by her softening her rather abrasive personality, then she wouldn't be doing that anymore. She recoiled from his words, as though they were an unexpected slap, and stared at him, nostrils flared and eyes wide, head thrown high, almost similar to a position of fear. She didn't know how to react to such an outspoken vow of devotion. Sure, she was glad to know that his fealty was with her, glad that he was not rethinking his position by her side within the Plague. And, after all, she had molded him this way - she had flirted, and cajoled, and played off of his attraction to her to bring him under her rule. So wasn't this what she had wanted?

Perhaps, but the statement of adoration shocked her, sending her already scattered thoughts into overdrive. How was she to react? Should she admit that his feelings for her were - what? - stronger, more defined, more real? Should she admit that she was incapable of returning his affection in the same unrestricted manner in which he showed his? Should she simply shove him away, force him out of this weird parody of love, and risk losing him and his hatred for the inferiors, losing his passion for their cause? So many questions that she hadn't the answer to. Did she even owe him the truth? Perhaps she could simply carry on the facade, keep him on her side, allow him to believe that there was more to her and them than meets the eye.

And he had called her beautiful.

All this transpired in no more than a few seconds, long enough for her to truly absorb his words. She took a deep breath and forced herself into a more relaxed posture, forcing her misgivings to a deep, hidden part of her mind. Forcing her mouth to form words. "I do," she finally said simply, words soft. So this was how she would play it, then, keep their relationship as it was, continue it on its path, even if she did not love him and would never love him in the way that he wished. She liked him, that was true, but it wouldn't be enough, were she to admit that. But she couldn't bring herself to return his words; she couldn't lie her way through saying 'I love you.' Would he expect her to? Would he catch her bluff?

No. The thought was firm. She was an excellent liar, with years of practice. Even so, never before had she felt such guilt after a lie. She offered a hesitant smile - let him think that it was nervousness. A step forward, one after the other, each more confident than the last. Yes, she could do this, she could return his affection, if only in action and not in thought. Still the feeling that he would prove an asset lingered in her mind, and she would keep him close if only for that reason. Closer now, and muzzle reached to touch his, the gentle caress of soft skin on soft skin a new sensation. She would never tell him the truth, she knew that, but nor would she succumb again to the overwhelming urge to run far away.

[W/C | 548]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Hidden Account
teeroo

He saw a wild look on her face. A look of fear. This was the first time he had seen that look on her face. Why? Was she afraid that he loved her? Was that why she had run away in the first place, because she had fallen in love with her father’s child, and she wanted to escape? He secretly guessed yes, but for right now it was none of his business. He was determined to keep her at his side. Though she was the leader of the Plague, he wanted to be a leader too. If their plans went the way they wanted, the way it was so carefully planned, then she would be Queen of the Edge, would she not? And if she, he wanted to be her King. The words of “I do” shook him. He hadn’t heard what he wanted to hear, but it was close enough. He saw that she had to force herself to become calm again, but her eyes still spoke of terror. Even her smile looked weird. He first thought was nervousness, but maybe that’s what he wanted him to think, that there was nothing wrong. Was there something wrong? Maybe he really had done something wrong, touched a sensitive nerve. He knew the inner workings of his own mind very well, and though he had seen very few others throughout his 11 years, he was still very keen to what others were thinking, and he could see, almost hear, what they were thinking, in a very detailed manner in his own way. He pondered for a moment if this was a hidden power of his, but he threw the thought away for a rainy day. He needed to focus on this moment with Psyche, because nothing else matters but this. He felt her muzzle on his skin, aiming to go to his. He returned the touch, electricity going through it, making that sensation he had felt long ago come back to life, making their love spark.
“I…” he trailed off, being a lost. Suddenly, he felt his fury boil over, and the words came from him, deep inside somewhere. “I know you do, in your own way. I feel like we are almost incapable of loving each other, but we do somehow.” He looked at her, deep in the eye. “You know this to be true, just as well as I do. But let me be clear; my words were not lies. I wouldn’t lie to most, especially to you.” He hoped to hold her gaze, and he brushed his muzzled against hers again, for effect, and because he wanted to. “Now, should we finally get down to business? I’m sorry for interrupting it, but terribly felt that it had to be said.” A sheepish smile crossed his lips, and he felt the blood rush to his face. He was still embarrassed, but he would get over it.

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

An interesting turn of events, and one that almost vexed her, in its own way. She had assumed that he had feelings for her; in fact, she had depended on the presence of such feelings to ensure his loyalty. Perhaps a flawed plan, but she had not expected such a strong declaration of feelings from a stallion who, despite the markings on his pelt, had not seemed capable of interested in such devotion. This was something she had depended on as well, she realized: that he, like her, would not experience the traditional concept of love, instead trading the emotion for a mutually beneficial partnership, with no feelings involved, no chance for pain or loss or weakness. But she had been wrong.

What else had she been wrong about?

But it was too late now; she had spoken, and agreed, and she would, then, stand by her lies to create the facade of calm that pervaded her being. Insane, she may be, this was true, but it was an insanity laced with a cool cruelty that left no room for error, be it from others or from herself. It was worse when it was from herself - this, this was unacceptable, that she could have allowed it to happen. Sure, she would use it to her advantage, but it came with all the complications and unpredictability of a stallion in love. And she'd had quite enough of that. Besides, the only assistance he would provide her would be, perhaps, to garner support amongst his peers. And yes, she needed the support, but she wished that it came without the price.

But everything had a price. This she knew all too well.

Valentine was speaking again, and he voiced all that needed to be said. He returned the affectionate gesture that she had started, and she held his gaze calmly, silently. Let that be enough. "It's quite alright, darling," she told him sweetly, her voice almost a croon. "I was simply going to suggest a new rank for you. I think it will be a better fit for your skills, and it will keep you close." Yes, that was good, it's just for him, to keep him safe, that was the idea that she wanted him to have.

[W/C | 377]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Hidden Account
teeroo

Keep him close? That idea was one he had not expected. Was he to be kept close but she didn’t want him to get hurt, or she didn’t want him to accidentally misplace him? He wasn’t sure, but all he knew was those words were a good sign.
“A new position.” He repeated those words, letting it sink in. It had been obvious that he wasn’t a good fighter, but what type of position did she want him in? He find out soon enough. “What kind of position are you exactly talking about? Is it one where I work closely with you love?” He couldn’t help but use the word love, and an amused smile played on his lips. Even after that whole conversation he was still in a playful mood, but that’s just what Psyche did to him.

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

"A new position." His words were thoughtful, and as he thought, the shadow-mare allowed a wave of relief to sweep through her. She was most comfortable talking about his rank, and how he would be most helpful to her; pretending to be in love with him as he was with her was exhausting. It was not in her nature, and she was having to teach herself how to respond. And she had to adapt quickly, in order to keep him from suspecting that she may be lying. And she wouldn't have that, not until she herself had figured out if she was indeed lying. Would it even be possible for her to admit to feeling something for the pale knight?

"What kind of position are you exactly talking about? Is it one where I work closely with you, love?" He smiled, and she returned it sweetly, a slight giggle escaping almost before she realized it. Perhaps she was better at playing the lover than she thought she was. Knowing this, she relaxed, focusing instead on utilizing her newest toy. "Well, of course it would, darling," she told him, her vocals matching his playful tone. "I think you will most enjoy yourself, in fact." Her orbs sparkled with mirth, and it was true glee at her brilliant plan for the steed. "You are to be a Tormentor," she informed him. "You will be in charge of caring for our dear prisoners." Oh, the sarcasm.

[W/C | 243]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Hidden Account
teeroo

Her tone of playfulness was reassuring, and he loved it. Knowing he would be close to her made him relax, and his thoughts when quickly to the next image. He heard the sarcasm in her voice, and knew exactly what she meant. Oh, this would be fun, and this was definitely better than being a fighter? What would be better than torturing? He had already felt the thrill with hurting Svetlana in the Steppe when she had been captured, and he was very good at that. He could handle this, not a problem what so ever.
“Caring with prisoners? I’m not sure I’ll be much good at that. But playing with them, oh, I’m sure I will do just fine.”

(Sorry it's short, I don't know what else to say about it)

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil
[OOC | Shall we just call this over, then? We've established what we need to lol]

Hidden Account
teeroo
OCC: Yeah that'll be fine, it's true, moving on! (Goes to Chester post and smiles)