the Rift

Bewitched [Done]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

Gone. Gone were the warm gold eyes that had always looked out from his blonde brow. Something about the pale blue pigment that now filled his gaze was cold, hard, wrong. It was as if he'd killed that damned Mauja and took only his eyes, those icy things he'd glimpsed only briefly as he dove at the beast from the skies of the Edge. After a scuffle with the snow horse, and the azure globe that he could only guess to be the wraith's soul had fell into his very skull as if it was nothing but soft cloud, life had changed. Leander knew something was wrong, even besides the new orbs he now saw with. And that was only one of his ever growing list of problems.

Frost tipped plumage brushed the air as the palomino pivoted, turning his massive frame descending to the white earth. Snow danced about his feet as they met the ground, flakes sticking to the dark feathers around his ergots. Whirling clouds of breath left his nostrils as he began a slow saunter across the field. The normal air of open kindness that was his way was lost to an almost predatory walk, eyeing the surrounding with a low set head and an indifferent expression. Was this what happened when you became a Sultan; one of power? Did you lose yourself in the end? No, somewhere in that aureate form, he knew everything from the tumultuous shifting of his demeanor to his physical morphs was not the product of his leadership, but something else, something dark. He doubted the ex-Edge band had enough power to warp his very psyche and body, as much as they might want to tear him from the Throat. The foolish Unicorns simply could not possess such strong magic. Sharply, cream locks shot up as he glared to the sky. "Why do you plague me so? What have I done?" Venemous words rang out into the empty air as a shout, as if the Gods would pay attention to his confused fury. Were they the ones to blame?

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud

Phaedra wasn't normally the humming-type. Or the singing. It was probably because she had only an-okay voice, but today, with no one around, she let herself. If things could transpose from world to world, one might recognize the tune as "Hallelujah" by a creature called "Cohen". But she version she hummed, was closer to that sung by something called "Wainwright". But it makes no difference here. It's pretty and sad, sort of like her, but it isn't due to any deep psychological reasoning that she's humming it. She just sort of likes it, and it doesn't sound too bad as it strums her vocal cords.

What is certainly out of character, is the fact she's walking. Normally, Phae stays in the skies as long as she can. For the most part, she is safer there. Although there is far less cover than there is on the ground, Phae has only met 2 others who could best her in a full out race. Grimacing at the thought, she suppressed those dark memories, and continued to walk. She had been swimming the day before and woke up incredibly sore. Realizing that perhaps she could use some exercise which didn't involve her wings, she had decided to peruse through the Fields, as she had never been to them before. She was upwind of Leander, and did not catch his scent on the wind. It was only until she his angry shout, that she was aware of his presence. Trap! Her mind screamed as she abruptly stopped humming. Her wings stretched out to their full width, as she prepared herself physically to flee.

Her green eyes narrowed as she focused on her possible-assailnt. She recognized those large mahogany wings...and that sultry palomino coat. Leander His name drifted through her mind. He had been her target only days ago. She had followed him silently, gaining information in an attempt to steal him away from his heard, of only for a short while. To get him alone. And now here he was...He must have seen me, she thought. Biting her lip, she recollected the hours spent trailing him with the utmost caution. She was almost positive that he was unaware of her presence and yet...Here he is.. She doubted very much it was chance. If she took flight now, even if he was some how luring her towards him, she could still escape. He was much larger than her, and his wing-size alone would grant him speed, but she was lithe and an expert at aerial defence manoeuvres. She could get away. Still... As her eyes narrowed, she noticed how...cold? he looked. Not due to the temperature but his demeanour somehow, had changed. Uncertainty welled up within her, as she stared at the strange stallion. Muscles aching, Phaedra decided to simply wait and watch...if he had noticed her, she would decide what to do, then.

HP: 45.5

Hidden Account
Epona

LEANDER

As if his problems couldn't get any larger. The scent of mare drifted on the chilled air, but this was not just any female. It was that same, familiar perfume that he had kept catching as he walked alone, the one that must have hung on the coat of the golden glimpse he'd caught in the shadows. The one that had been following him, the one that wanted something from him. The knowledge that he was being stalked wouldn't have surprised him, however, his silent admirer did not smell of any angry ex-Edge Unicorn. No, it was distinctly winged.

The golden's skull raised, cold eyes raking the scenery thoroughly for the girl. It was not too long before the gleam of dark blond pelt caught his sight in the distance. "You." The word came out almost in a hiss, quiet and edged with anger. The mare probably didn't even hear his voice at all, much less the accusation in it's tone. Not bothering to remove the look of indifference from his face, the stallion began a purposeful stride towards the sneaky little shrew. It would have felt much better to charge her, but it was not in his way to harm a lady, no matter how much a nuisance they might be. And he had no intentions of causing her to fly off; there was too much he needed to ask her, no matter how furious he was at the idea of being trailed. Finally, he reached the bronze dame and halted before her. She was a lovely sight, if he'd give his mind a chance to accept that. Unfortunately, the Sultan had no trouble overlooking beauty, unlike some. "So it was you. Don't you know I've had enough trouble with the damned ex-Edge? Who the hell are you and what could you possible want with me, girl?" His chords held clear resentment, growling words aimed for the sandy one's ears. Still, she would be able to see the pain in his icy pools, the sadness and confusion that wracked him was apparent there, if only she looked closely. He made no move to go any closer, only studied her in tense silence. What could have possessed this pretty girl to want him?

Deceased

Phaedra could sense, if not smell the rage wafting off of the palomino stallion. Some how that made her less timid - Stallion's were not the brightest at the best of times, but even less so when engorged by rage. From what she had seen of Leander, he certainly wasn't a typical dumb brute, but at the same time, had done nothing to really surprise her. Came to Helovia. Instantly fell in love. Fought against the edge. Faelene drama, boo hoo. Became Sultan.Typical, she thought. As he neared, she kept her wings out stretched; even though she was quite a bit smaller, she didn't need to feel like she was.

So it was you. He had said, his words feeling more like an accusation, than she would have expected from the LionHeart. Honestly, this was a refreshing side of Leander. It made him...more interesting than the gallant gentleman-type that she had seen him be. While she was following him, she really couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. Of course he was handsome, but really, after entering Helovia, she hadn't found a stallion who wasn't; nor a mare who wasn't strikingly beautiful. It just seemed to come with the terrain. And being so nice all the time - didn't that get exhausting? Not to mention the mellow-dramatic love-affair with Faelene. Ughh.

As he finally halted, she felt herself bristling with anxiety. This was not how this meeting was meant to go. Ktulu or Ophelia were meant to have this conversation with Leander, not her! This was...a diplomatic mission, not an Intelligence one. Still, she needed to deal with his accusations first: "Yes it was me. I would have thought the Sultan of the Throat would be a little bit more observant" She said challengingly. Although that wasn't entirely fair - obviously his attention would have been elsewhere. Still, it sounded like as good a thing as any, to say. "I do know you've been having problems. That's why I-" tried to steal you "Why I'm here now." She bit her lip, hard to keep from saying more. She wanted to tell him to pull his head out of his ass. He had helped invade the Edge, it shouldn't have taken any great depth of retrospection to have known there would be fall-out, and repercussions. And he had accepted the position of Sultan, hadn't he? This was his cross to bear, quit the whining. But as she tasted the salty flow of blood in her mouth that she had caused, she kept quiet. Diplomacy She reminded herself. She was just supposed to tell him about The Grey.

Taking a breath, Phaedra levelled her cool green gaze - which still involved looking up at Leander. "Have you heard of The Grey, Leander? Her tail flicked back and forth, as she spoke, nervously waiting for his reply. If he hadn't....how much information would she tell him? If he had...An icy fear crept into her veins. What if this was a trap? A trick? Did the Throat have some issue with The Grey that she didn't know about..? She knew there was something about Kri...and that she was not to be targeted, but she had originally thought that was due to personal reasons. But now....?

Hidden Account
Epona

LEANDER

"And for such a pretty stalker, it's a shame your tongue doesn't match your looks." Words lashed out sharply, though Leander was growing more amused than anything. He had expected the mare to either be some well mannered shy lady, or a hot-headed bitch, and she seemed to be proving him right about the latter. It was entertaining to watch the little ash blond speak to a Sultan as if she was utterly unafraid. A grin laid across his features, wiping away the anger of before. What had she seen of him in her stalking? His diplomatic, kind ways? How oblivious she was of his past, of just how violent he could be. Something in him thought it was a pity his damned chivalry caused him to avoid hurting females.

A low chuckle passed his sooty lips as the femme tried to explain herself. "Unless you can talk sense into a bunch of bloodthirsty Unicorns, I doubt you can ease my problems." Leaving his icy gaze on the girl, he stepped forward, muscled pillars moving across the snow to bring him even closer to the mare. Curls of breath passed his nostrils, clearly visible on the air. If she wanted to speak to him as if she knew him, she would have to stare him right in the face as she did it. He regarded her green eyes, wondering what possessed the doe to be so bold.

The Grey. The group was familiar yet foreign; one he heard word of, though never met for himself. Talk circulated about two questionable mares who'd left the Throat of their own will, and of some new organization they were compounding. Curiousity laced his features. I've heard of it, yes. Why?"

Deceased

It's a shame your tongue doesn't match your looks. Rage flared within her, but only instantly, as it quickly ebbed into amusement. With a silvery laugh, she snorted at him: "Why? Because I won't just spread my legs for you and follow you home, like all the other lost doves you meet?" She didn't mean this as much of an insult - but it certainly was true. In the time that she had spent following the golden stallion, she had seen many mares follow him doe-y eyed back to the Throat. The Leander she saw there - the charming and diplomatic warrior of the Throat - was an appealing figure for many mares. In another life, perhaps she could have even been his friend, his sister even, for their colouring was somewhat similar. Did he know they shared ties in common? That her bestfriend, Tolio, was close with his love, Faelene? That there was a chance that Faelene may join The Grey, if Tolio did? Likely not, or she was sure Leander would have investigated them further.

As Leander stepped forward, forcing his gaze back at her, her head lowered somewhat submissively - her ears falling back somewhat nervously - though she kept his gaze, just not quite so boldly. "I tried to steal you, merely to pull you away from your responsibilities, if only for a few days. Too bad I was found-out, it looks like you could have used the break." She gazed at him now earnestly, slowly piecing things together. She did not need him to like her, nor did she want him to dislike her, for alliance's sake. But if the path that Leander took would eventually affect her Tolio, via Faelene, then she would make it her business to see that she aided the situation in whatever way possible.

"I have a personal stake in seeing that you...are kept safe" She said somewhat ambiguously. The Grey does not talk sense into anyone. But we do have a certain set of skills, which you may find useful, against the Edge. I tried to pull you away, only to educate you about other options that you might have in dealing with the Edge, or anyone else who steps into your path. As the Sultan, you must realize that you cannot be responsible for doing...the dirty work, as it were. You are too high profile and there would be many who would be saddened if anything were to happen to that handsome face of yours." Flattery and flirtatiousness inevitably crept into her voice. She couldn't help it - it was simply the way she dealt with men. Sex sells, and this was one idea she needed to have heard.
Besides, if there was one stallion who needed to relax it was Leander. And who didn't like to be flirted with? To be complimented, and paid attention to?

[FYI He can injure her if he wants. Later, he can just blame it on being possessed :P]

Hidden Account
Epona

LEANDER

Laughter pealed out into the air, hinting at the crazed way in which the leader's moods had swung. From indifference to pure amusement, there was no telling which way he was going to feel next. Internally, he was frightened of the experience, aware that he had no control over his morphing demeanor. This was why he strayed often from the Throat, away from anyone he could harm with his unwarranted illness.

"Oh yes, Leander the LionHeart, charmer of damsels! But wait, if so many mares spread their legs for suave old me, then where are my hordes of foals?" A wild grin lay plastered across his face, words shooting out between hearty chuckles. For dramatic effect, he glanced frantically around the meadow for a few brief moments. "Oh! That's right, I don't have any foals! That couldn't be because I happened to be chasing after some girl I'll never have, could it? But maybe you don't even know that much, spy." Ice eyes grew sharp once again as they bored into the face of the mare, more puffs of hot breath aiming for her face. The little bronze seemed to grow less assured now, with his reality of his presence so close to her. There was satisfaction in seeing her somber, pleasure in watching her confidence slip. What was wrong with him?

"By giving me that break, you would have put fear into a herd, and leave it more vulnerable to attack! Do you have no regard for the welfare of others? The ex-Edge is only waiting for a moment of weakness, and you would hand it over to them!" There was no more humor to be found the the winged doe's words, and Leander reacted harshly. The smile of before had flashed into a grimace as he thought of the Throat without him, of Mauja and his band invading, of Lynx, Nefertari, Kri, all of them clashing with sharp horns and snapping teeth, the sands of their home growing red with blood. For a moment, the palomino's eyes shut and his broad skull shook, physically trying to rid itself of the vivid fear. After a moment, they opened, and he looked back towards the fae with more reserve. He remained silent as she went on, making note of the tone her voice took when finally remarking on his handsomeness. "Why do you want me safe? I'm just some big unobservant Sultan, right? You don't seem quite stupid enough to want me alive purely for my looks, though the prospect is very flattering." He replied to the girl, words more even now then they had been throughout the rest of the encounter. Emotions had settled back into usual seriousness, if only for a short time. His attention had risen at mention of Mauja's band. "What skills does your group have that could subdue the ex-Edge? And what would you want in return for such help? I'm not sure what you mean by 'dirty work', though I will tell you that nothing would keep me from fighting for the Throat. Being a warrior is in my blood, as much as being a diplomat is. I protect my herd with my life." Another short pause left silence hanging, and Leander thought quickly of Faelene. Battle was not what he wanted, even if he had no qualms about lying his own life down. "But if there is a way to avoid bloodshed, I will take the chance."

[ooc: Okay! He will probably not harm her as she is not a fire magic user, but he may use his new magic if he gets too angry. ;) ]

Deceased

"Oh yes, Leander the LionHeart, charmer of damsels! But wait, if so many mares spread their legs for suave old me, then where are my hordes of foals? Oh! That's right, I don't have any foals! That couldn't be because I happened to be chasing after some girl I'll never have, could it? But maybe you don't even know that much, spy.

Phaedra stamped her hoof impatiently, waiting for the stallion to finish his little speech. Ears back, she shot him an icy stare - though nowhere near as icy as his had become. "Or maybe, if you weren't such a great bumbling idiot, you would be aware that you haven't even been here a season yet, and couldn't possibly have a foal yet. But to that point, I seem to recall 2 younglings that you did in fact adopt?" She snorted her frustration, and continued undeterred. "And I think my lack of interest in your soap-opera love life, does say what kind of spy I am."

By giving me that break, you would have put fear into a herd, and leave it more vulnerable to attack! Do you have no regard for the welfare of others? The ex-Edge is only waiting for a moment of weakness, and you would hand it over to them! "Either you think too highly of yourself, or too little of your herd. Either is a problem. If they would collapse, all because you disappeared for a week, then it is only a matter of time before the Edge reclaim what is there's. And you're a fool to think that you really matter that much. And I only have a regard for those I care about. None in your bunch fit that description." Was he trying to instigate, on purpose? Possibly. She took a large breath, trying to force herself to be calm. But something about this stallion got under her skin, possession or no.

Why do you want me safe? I'm just some big unobservant Sultan, right? You don't seem quite stupid enough to want me alive purely for my looks, though the prospect is very flattering. Phaedra was temped to bit her lip again, to keep from lashing out, but it was already quite sore from doing so only moments earlier in their conversation. She hadn't quite figured out Leander yet...by flattery did he mean he was flattered by her being flirtatious? Or that he truly believed that he was that good looking...? Her already flustered mind ceased it's whirling, trying to figure him out. It didn't matter anyway. For the first time, when she met his gaze it was collected and empowered. yet her voice was soft and sincere as she said, "Not for your sake, do I wish to keep you safe. For Faelene's." She would not divulge her relationship with Tolio until it became necessary, if it became necessary. It was still too new, too precious to her. He was after all, her only friend.

What skills does your group have that could subdue the ex-Edge? And what would you want in return for such help? I'm not sure what you mean by 'dirty work', though I will tell you that nothing would keep me from fighting for the Throat. Being a warrior is in my blood, as much as being a diplomat is. I protect my herd with my life.

"If certain key members were taken out...or certain information passed along...it may be possible to dissuade the former Edge. I have heard that Mauja has been a rarity amongst them, and that the mare in charge has allegiance's with the Plague, that not everyone shares. If The Grey were involved, it might not come to full out war. But if it did and an agreement was made, you could have our support." What is in your blood is all very fine and well, but you yourself said that your herd would be vulnerable with you. All it would take is a well-placed kick, or horn, to permanently remove you from the equation. Have you no regard for the well-being of others?" She asked, throwing his previous accusation back at him. Surely he must see that as a diplomat, he needed to be kept safe?

Hidden Account
Epona

LEANDER

Rage bubbled up within his bronze chest, the moments of his usual steady demeanor fading away with the breeze. The impudent mare stamped a dainty hoof, and it took all the small remnants of control to avoid lashing out to break the limb. His eyes left their sharp stare for a look of malice, uncontrollably moving itself to her face. If only she could understand what was wrong with him, that he was not himself at all right now. If she knew how he was in his past, and that the damned demon within him was just begging to bring it back out.

Then she spoke of love, and it was just too much. "You will not speak of her! The shout shook across the field, the last word falling into a guttural scream. Almost instantaneously, and well on cue, the wind began to pick up and howl over mountaintop. One could see a ghostly sheet of white moving towards the two, only seconds before the blizzard landed. Flakes pelted down, raking over Leander's pelt and coating it wherever it could. It hung in freezing tendrils along his mane, laced the feathers along his wings. But the snow was a relief to him; the noise muffling the rest of the loud-mouthed mare's words. It had helped him avoid harming the girl, and that was worth it.

Frost covered ears heard little of her words of his herd or their strength without him. As the storm fell just a notch less furious, he began. "Look, miss. If you have been following me for so long, you must know that I am not well. I do not wish to harm you, but I have little control over myself right now. So for both our sakes, please, save your criticisms for another day." The genuine plea seemed to take what resolve he had left, draining the part of him that still held on to what was right. The sooty golden's posture fell, wings drooping down to touch the snow, skull lowering below the spy's gaze. No matter what strange and powerful magic he had been granted, he did not want his emotions to be tampered with any longer.

A weak smile found his lips as he heard the girl mention her care for Faelene. Surely she must not think their love quite so mellow dramatic if she cared to protect her heart. Clearly, the young sandy pegasus had not yet experienced cupid's arrow. Satisfying himself with that conclusion, blue eyes gazed back up at the doe. She went on about the ex-Edge, and as she finished he began. "Damn. I would have liked to have killed him myself." He uttered over Mauja, more to himself than to the winged sneak. Speaking more loudly, he went on. "I see no reason why the Grey should not be involved, especially if you think you may be able to prevent war. I will take any chances to avoid any more bloodshed." The sultan said decidedly, ready to hear the irritating fae out. She really was something; this bold girl who stalked stallions who could break her in one blow.

[ooc: Leander has summoned a snow storm with his scream. ^^]

Deceased

As he shouted at her, she was so mesmerized by the trueness of the emotion that he felt, that she didn't realize that the weather was changing. It wasn't until she saw the wall of the blizzard racing towards them, that her heart began to race. There was no time to take flight, no time to get away. She knew that Leander had been possessed by a a demon yes, but in her time watching him, she had never known that this ability had come with it. She cursed herself for staying, for even contemplating his safety. Forget him and Faelene. If she didn't think she was going to die in the next 30 seconds, she would have screamed this all at him. As the blizzard crashed down upon them, she raised her wings protectively, feeling bits of ice cutting through her feathers down to her skin and fragile wing-bones. Even though the winds were suddenly howling, she was not being blow off of her feet. She might survive this.

As the storm lessened, she heard Leander warning her about provoking him. She was glad that she was covered by her wings, and that he was unable to see the expression of pure frustration on her face. In that moment, she vowed to learn how to fight, if not for protection, for...this. For this rage which was building inside of her. She wished so badly to lash out at Leander, but knew that he could likely kill her instantly - or simply wound her and let her bleed out in this storm. Tears streamed from her eyes - a mixture of the emotion she felt, perpetuated by the freezing air hitting her eyes and making them water. How could someone like him be leading the Throat? she thought desperately, still shielding herself from the storm. He had asked her to be understanding - that he could not control himself right now. Gasping, as the weight of the snow began to weigh on her wings, she bitterly thought about how she had underestimated him. Phaedra believed that we were all responsible for our actions, regardless of what motivated or precipitated them. No. This was surely Leander's doing, ice-demon or no.

As the storm lessened moreso, Phaedra dropped her wing-sheild just as Leander finished speaking. Her wings ached as she shook them, trying to remove the snow which had piled on. She gasped painfully, as she noticed several small gashed where moisture had flash-frozen under her feathers, tearing the skin as the ice hardened and expanded due to the snow storm Leander had caused. Her eyes were rimmed with moisture from her tears, and her gaze no longer held...anything, really, except pain and fear. She was beaten, and bleeding. She had no means to attack him, and her only defence - to fly - would now be a painful exercise. Her head dropped low, only meeting his gaze once.

She grit her teeth as she stood, shaking out of anger and the cold. Referring to Leander's statement of wanting to kill Mauja himself, Phaedra smirked. "But as you said. I'm not a very good spy anyways, so who's to say he isn't still around. Her voice had taken on a dangerous sort of tone - the tone of one who believed they were going to die, and had been spared, for the time being. It was slightly sulky, but careless and crazy at the same time. As Phae stood, staring down, she watched her knee's trembling. The Earth Amulet pulled heavily towards the ground - it had not protected her from this.

[OOC: Ack. That was weird - Phae's never been really angry before, or hurt by a male, so I'm not really sure what she'll do. But like I said, feel free to have him lash out at her - it would create an interesting Tolio/Faelane/Leander/Phae dynamic :P ]

Hidden Account
Epona

LEANDER

A different emotion began to wash over the possessed stallion, drowning the rage he spit. Regret. Azure orbs watched his snowstorm ebb away, and the spots of blood left shining like rubies across the lovely girl's hide. Heavy, wet snow laid thick over her warm blond body, surely leaving her feeling frozen. And the defeated, fearful look which lay across her features stabbed his heart. Damn the demon; this was not him! He did not frighten innocent, even fairly blameless, mares. Leander could not pull his gaze from the dove's face as glistening tears rolled from her emerald eyes.

"Please.. I'm, I'm sorry. Forgive me. This is not who I am." The strained plea softly slipped from his mouth, the words aching with sorrow and even the sharp edge of fear. Feathered pillars moved closer to the battered doe, muzzle reaching gently out towards her cheek, finally brushing it softly. But the move felt wrong, frightening, and the palomino quickly retracted, stumbling backwards from the spy. She obviously did not like him, and he did not want to upset her more. Guilt welled in the pit of his stomach, and the Sultan stared at the honey fae with genuine concern and rueful pain etched across his face. How could he make this right? How, when she thought him such a sorry excuse for a leader?

"You are not a bad spy. I would give much to have someone as talented as you in the Throat." He spoke, assuring her of her skill. She was not lacking in her abilities, not when she had nearly taken him from his home. The amount of knowledge she held was astounding, as much as he did not want to admit it. Such a mare would be a blessing within the Throat. He grimaced as she shivered, left cold by his own hoof. Gingerly, he stepped forward again, outstretching one massive wing. "I know you do not think much of me. I can only apologize for my behavior. I will do my best to help you warm and dry, if you wish." He cast his sights towards the ivory ground as he offerred the downy plumage of his under-wing, appendage still hanging arced in the air, leaving it up to the lady whether she wanted it or not. He expected for it to be left empty of her touch; it was clear that she did not care for him, only of what he meant to Faelene. So why did it hurt that she felt so strongly about him? Why should it matter so much what this stranger thought?

[ooc: Alright. ;) I think he is done with his angry fit though; he just feels horribly awful now. xD]

Deceased

This is not who I am

Did she believe that? She wasn't sure. She knew he was possessed, but in Phae's mind, a possession could only amplify was was already in ones' soul. And what Phae saw of Leander, was an unstable time bomb. Sure, he acted sure of himself and of his duties and beliefs for the most part, but seeing him like this, made her unsure of whether or not it was all just clever disguise. Other than when he was with Faelene of course. In what might be the most complicated aspect of his life, he seemed sure - his soul seemed to know it's purpose.

As he raised his wing, offering her shelter, she visible stiffened, and retreated several hasty steps. Again, she lowered her head submissively, but no; she would not go to him. Normally, she might have. If Leander felt some obligation towards her, because of his little outburst, that could be used to her advantage. It would be one more stallion among many, who had some sort of desire to keep her safe. The fact that he was a Sultan was even more reason why she would normally go to him, to play on the emotion that he was currently feeling, whether genuine or not. But she would not, something within her deeply distrusted Leander. She had been beaten and injured far worse than the cuts which peppered her wings from his snowstorm, but yet his actions resonated far deeper within her, than previous physical wounds ever had. Maybe it was because she had expected him to be the kind and trustworthy stallion that others made him out to be...and she had believed it. She felt betrayed by a stallion she didn't even know, and frustrated with her poor decision to remain here with him.

Without raising her eyes to look at him, she said softly, "Think on my offer, Leander. You can find us in the Deep Forest: Ask for Ktulu, or Ophelia" She purposefully did two things: the first, was ignoring his pleas for forgiveness. The second, was omitting her name. He could deal with Ktu, or Phi...they were more natural choices anyways. But more than that, she would not give him another piece of her, not even her name. Turning away from him, she grimaced as she realized that she was going to have to walk home, rather than fly. Irritating the wounds on her wings would only lengthen the time it would take them to heal, and she couldn't afford that.