the Rift

something .m a g i c a l. [Sun God or Time God]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies

The night is young as I pick my way across the rocky terrain. The strange landscape is oddly transfixing, alight with glowing blues cast from magma-rock. My icy eyes reflect the colors, so similar (though perhaps less varied) to the northern lights that weave themselves over the far northern lands. I can't help but stare as my pistons blur fluidly in a trot, carrying my swiftly to this serene place steeped with religion, with hope, with beliefs. I myself, having only just arrived in these lands at the beginning of Frostfall, have long held beliefs in the gods, though we called them other names where I come from. It is one of the few things that I held onto after my parents' deaths, telling myself that surely there was a higher purpose, that there was a path laid out for me to follow.

Now I have come to the shrine with a heartfelt desire: to earn magic. I have come across many in this strange new world, and all appear to have some manner of magic, or mystical items, or something. I feel as though I am lacking. As though they look at me and consider how plain I am. I have no strange markings, no interesting abilities. I am simply me, and I am not sure that will be enough here. I slow to a halt. It feels right here, as though there are spirits swirling around my ivory bodice, weaving their way through the feathers that coat my wings, dancing in the strands of mane across my neck. It is peace, and I would like to stay here forever. But I know that I cannot do so, and so I nervously lower myself to my knees, one leg stretched out in a bow. I raise my voice, a hesitant chime in the silence. "Oh, gods, hear my plea."

[W/C | 310]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

Being back to his full, powerful self was wonderful, but he had to admin that those who always wanted something from him were beginning to grow on his nerves once more. Still, he could use this as an opportunity to display his glory once more. The sun was shining high over head and the cold was melting away into a distant memory. Everything was falling into place except for that bloody eclipse madness. Something about that physical metaphor set his hair on end.

A pull from the ground caught his attention, and he erupted into flame, swirling through the veins and then took full form once more. He was tall, proud, with dual horns pushing from his head. A white pegasus stood before him, and he exhaled a breath of fire. White light seemed to illuminate his figure. She was bowing, respectful, and so he nodded his head. "What do you want?" he asked patiently though the words themselves were demanding.

CREDITS

There is nothing but silence, but I remain kneeling, my lobes straining for the slightest sound. I am so afraid that I will be turned away, or worse, that I will simply be ignored. But my patience is rewarded: light flares through the veins as fires roars into a swirling column, finally settling into the form of a great steed, golden coat seeming to be lit from within, and illuminated from without. I truthfully cannot tell if the light is simply making him glow, or if he is the source of the light that glows around us now. Either way, I am overcome with awe, and I dip lower in my bow (I hadn't though it was possible to do so before), my muzzle tucking so tight as to touch my chest. My banner cascades down my nape, covering one eye; with the other, I cannot help but stare at the glory of the Sun God.

"Oh, glory," I whisper, overcome with the power of his presence. He speaks, and it is all at once demanding and awe-inspiring, and I find myself both intimidated and endlessly grateful for his presence. I am truly blessed, this day. But I am now reminded of my quest for magic, and I swallow, hard, before allowing my voice to sound once more, tones respectful. "If it please you, m'lord, I come seeking magic." My words are growing stronger as I speak, more confident. I yearn to prove myself to the god, that I deserve whatever power he will bestow upon me. "I would like to earn the ability to speak to those from another's past, in order to better understand who they have become."

[W/C | 280]
[OOC | She wants to be able to talk to the ghosts from other's past in order to understand their history and thus better understand who they have become; and to be able to reconcile grievances between the living and the dead. I know this is similar to the power claimed by Ahriman, but I have checked with Cami and she had okayed me questing for this power. :) ]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God of the Sun watched the mare with a curious grimace, snorting an amusement at her request. "What grievance do the dead have with the living? They are dead." Still, he supposed that it was at least the more interesting request that he had ever seen. He shifted on one hip to think about how to go about this type of magic, considering that he truly had little dominion over those who found their bones in the ground.

Fire burned steadily on his wings and mane, and he finally leveled his golden stare at the mare with the odd request. "Your magic involves three facets: summoning the souls of the dead, gathering information from them regarding their experiences with a certain individual, and finally, resolution." The God of the Sun began to formulate how he would have to weave this magic.

"You must do three things for me. First, you must find an individual who has killed another. Find out the name of the being they killed. Then, return to me so that I may teach you how to raise their spirits. After I have taught you to raise the souls of the dead, then you will need to learn how to communicate with them, but that is for later."

[OOC: Thread with a character who has killed another character and then bring the name to the Sun God]

CREDITS

He snorts, and the sound is one of amusement and, perhaps, a bit of bemusement as well. I am aware that my request is odd, but I have my reasons for seeking out such a talent. "It is not grievances that I seek, my lord," I begin, trying to explain. "But I am sure that there are many who would like to be able to lay their loved ones to rest, so to speak. I myself would have said goodbye to my parents one last time, had I the chance." A lump forms in my throat, and I swallow hard, their memory seeming more painful in the presence of one so great. I wish more than anything that I could run home and share my excitement and trepidation over gaining an audience with the Sun himself, but I cannot, and their loss seems all the more devastating for it.

He explains my magical request, and I listen fervently, filing the information away. I know that in order to wield any power, one must have an understanding of what it is. In order to fly, for example, I must understand how my wings work. I wonder briefly if three magical parts means three quests, and I take a deep breath to quell my anxiety. I never expected this to be easy, and that is what I must remind myself. I knew that I would have to work for this, and I am more than willing to do anything he asks of me in order to gain my magic and (secretly) gain his approval. His final words are instructions, and I tuck those into my mind, holding them for dear life. When he is done speaking, I allow myself to rise from my deep bow. "Yes, my lord," I tell him, accepting my challenge. "I will do as you ask."

[W/C | 308]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.