the Rift

Winter's Prison [Gods/Open]

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

Winter's shackles were slowly beginning to break. Despite efforts of his bloody family, the force of the light and his fire could not be contained. The Sun's light was heating the atmosphere and the turn of the planet on its axis was whirling the orb closer and closer. Snow was melting. The breeze on the wind was not as biting, and even the snowfall in this miserable desert of ice was held at bay, for once. Golden orbs observed this with a gleeful satisfaction and held his neck high, tossing snow from one of his smoking wings.

The two, twisted horns that ran from his brow served as his glorious grown, and he shook his figure, beginning his short trek south back to the Veins. Frostfall was failing, and he would resume his place rightful place as the fire king of Helovia. No darkness of his sister nor protest of his earthen brother would deny him his rights, not when he held the only means for the survival of the mortals and the growth of the lands that they had created.

Cloven hoof prints dotted the landscape and smoked in his wake, hissing with every step. The fire along his mane and wings began to burn brightly again, a beacon of hope for some and horror for others. Perhaps he would be able to grant his loyal servant, Keahi, the rest of her magic as he had promised so that she could now attack the Qian. Oh, he knew his sister's little secrets and her betrayal to the mortals. Mirage's little band worshiped her, and she favored them over her promise to the Frosty Lord, Mauja.

Now he could use that against her.

CREDITS

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero

The pulsing density of magic in the snowy planes caught his interest. Were the mortals getting more powerful? Doubtful. The simpletons did not live long enough to gain that much clout with his siblings, and he doubted they were so generous. Being bound to this planet again was a strange feeling, and he snorted a white puff and ignored the chill through his charcoal coat. Did his tempestuous sibling come to hide here during his exile? The Time God had returned to the veins, mainly to harass a self-inflated ego of a mortal mare, but in that time, he had clearly felt the absence of light and fire. This was not the first time his brother had played too hard with his toys and had to be put in time out, but he did not think his sister and larger brother had the stones to do it alone.

In the blink of electric blue eyes, he was gone. A swirling, purple whole that rippled on the edges of the landscape slowly closed in his wake, snow blowing through and being lost forever in the vast nothingness of eternity and time. The God tracked the flow of magic easily and reappeared with a small shockwave of sound and snow. He glanced at his brother, having to look up into the golden eyes. A smirk crossed his lips, and a certain, playful darkness shadowed his handsome, thicker features. "Oh how far the mighty have fallen," he teased, deep voice growling in amusement.

The effects of Frostfall were not so apparent when he was near his steaming brother, and he stepped easily in stride with the winged one. The God of Time had wings of a sort, but they were make of arc, raw current and he normally did not use them. "I wondered why you were missing, and now I know. They kicked you out, and let me guess... that was because you turned into a fiery raging monster on the little innocent mortals?" A hint of bitter sarcasm hung on his tones as his blue eyes watched his brother. "The time has come for you to return to your place, mortals be damned."

CREDITS: Tamme & Boom

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

The God of the Sun watched as his long-lost brother returned in a shockwave that sent snow flakes billowing into his face. He grimaced and shook his flaming mane, glaring lightly. How long had it been since he had left them to tend to the mortals on their own? How long had he been "repairing" the time stream from their last war? Hundreds of years at least, multiple generations of those who called this land their home. If he was expecting some warm, family welcome, he was sadly mistaken. "Took you long enough," he grumbled, not slowing his walking pace in the slightest. Perhaps he was angry at his brother for abandoning him to his siblings, but perhaps he just missed his rather curt, honest brother. The Sun God had not decided on his emotions, and he did not intend to do so now.

Listening to the Time God made the hair on his back prickle slightly. Even though he held no love for the mortals, they lived on this land they made. He had lost his temper, and they deserved to know their place. Still, he had blessed them with the golden markings for their suffering and had not fought his exile when his siblings cast him from heaven. His electric brother did not have much more respect for the residents of this land than the oceans had for the sand it drowned daily, and that irked him. A short, hollow laugh moved past his throat at his brother's words. "I lost my temper at their demands and general disrespect, but I blessed those who suffered in return. Since my absence, they seemed to have... gained some deference for us, I believe." He replied, not making his care for the mortals known.

Loving them was out of the question. To love was forever, and they passed into death in the blink of an eye. However, they did choose this place as their home; they simply needed to know their place. All of the horses lived on his creation. "I am returning to the Veins of our Heavens now to reclaim my place," he replied, lifting his proud neck on high withers. "Though our sister should be held accountable for her actions. I was cast out for harming them physically, but she has been toying with their lives for her own purpose and meddling in their affairs. The evidence of her hoofprints can be seen obviously in the invasion, and I am waiting for another war to break out from her lies." He could not punish his sister alone.

CREDITS

Sierra Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Sierra glided along in the vast expanse of the sky, it's cold climate caused her limbs to become cold. She banked left, landing. Her eyes wandered along the earth. She heard voices from further ahead, and she looked up, her eyes wandering to the two horses. No, not any horses, one was a god. She blinked, the Sun God and another. The other looked like he was powerful, white and black swirled on his shoulders and he had a lighting bolt type horn. Sierra glanced at the Sun God. Two horns atop his head and a vibrant palomino coat. His wings were covered in fire, and his eyes seemed to burn just as bright. Sierra bowed her head to the two. She looked at both, her mind could not hold the fact that two gods stood before her, or, rather she stood before them.

Sierra realized they must have been conversing on godly matters, and she folded her wings."Sorry to intrude."She spoke words of confidence with a slight hint of shyness. She had overheard a small bit of their conversation, and she was sorry for this. "I have heard about the Moon Goddess, although I used to respect her, she has acted like we mortals are nothing but her toys. She uses us, plays with our minds and our lives." Sierra knew that the Moon Goddess was taking control of the mortals. She had heard rumors of the Moon Goddess and her wicked ways. Sierra looked at the gods."I am sorry that I intruded in your godly conversation, I shall leave if you desire me to." Sierra stood there, her eyes wandered to the other horse, the black and white unicorn. She studied him, her mind questioning whether or not he was a god or mortal.

OOC:
WC:296

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable
[Image: xanthosprofilepic.png]

Xanthos
I will live for you
before I die

He had been defeated. No matter how many times he tried to break down in his head, no matter how many scenarios he tried to come up with, Xanthos simply could not come up with anything. He had not given up, however, for Romani's safety depended on it. If there was no way to leave, to somehow prove himself, then what could he do? He was simply an ornament in this frozen wonderland, that ugly one that everyone hates to see, but can't help but look at it anyways.

Hard as it was, the grullo had listened to his superiors, and had chosen to remain in Frostbreath. Other than the situation with the prisoners, there seemed to be nothing going on. It was certainly nothing out of the norm. Heaving a sharp snort, the stallion picked up his pace, intent on getting away from the tense atmosphere of the band of unicorns. But, of course, he wouldn't wander far this time.

It didn't take long for Xanthos to begin noticing that, despite his earlier observations, there was indeed something different about the land. His hair seemed to stand on end, as if there was electricity in the air, like the feeling you get before plunging into battle. It was exciting, in a sense, and the unicorn felt the need to investigate. So with caution, the grullo continued on.

In seemingly no time, he spotted them; there were two, and the mere sight of them caused his skin to prickle. He had not ever met a God before, but he had heard countless stories of them. Of course, there was no certainty that they were such, but he kenw that whatever they were, they were not normal. There was a third among them, a winged mare, who was brave enough to walk right up to the two stallions. Inhaling deeply, Xanthos decided to move in closer as well, doing his best to ignore the Pegasus lest Elizabeth be watching from the distance again...

"Salutations," the stallion spoke once he had grown close enough, taking in the appearances of the two stallions. There was no denying his uncertainty as he stood there, careful to keep a distance between himself and the others. "I mean no disrespect, but may I inquire of your presence here?"

Crow Posts: N/A
Unregistered

The white crow soared through the air, enjoying the unusual weather. Compared to the usual biting bitterness, the air was slightly softer, hazed with a bit of warmth. This is the warmest the air had been since his coming into Helovia. He basked in the light heat, lids half-closed as his wings glided through the air.

But something caught his silver eyes, then, on the ground far below. He slowly banked his wings, beginning his spiraled descent. As he lost altitude, he noticed the unusual pair. Fire seemed to dance across one, while the other had popped out of thin air in a burst of snow. Gods, he thought. These must the deities I've heard so much about. And him, the god with fire, perhaps he's the one who needs to return before my quest to the veins. His heart skipped, the anticipation tinged with both excitement and fear.

Finally, a bit away, he landed with a soft thud. He shook his wings, and folded their black and white feathers close to his body. He made a cautious approach, and as he closed in on them, a unicorn and another pegasus approached the group as well. They both spoke, and butterflies rose into his stomach. They could speak. He would look rude, wandering upon them with no voice to apologize for his presence, or express his curiosity. Soon, though, soon he could request his telepathy. The day never seemed so close. But, gods were to be all knowing, perhaps one of the deities would be able to hear his thoughts. He finally stopped at a respectable distance, adding his white form to the meeting. He cleared his mind, lifting his head. Hello, he seemed to yell in his head, I am Crow. I hope I do not disrupt you and your conversation. If my presence isn't wanted, I will leave and continue on my journey.

He then dipped his head, catching eyes with each horse around him, giving a small nod of hello.

WE ONLY EXIST IN TERMS OF THIS CONFLICT
In the zone where black and white clash

Resurgere | Wroth

Valerion Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Valerion

A few days had gone by since his weary descend from the steep mountains of the Frozen Arch, attempting to escape the ravaging blizzards that had suprisingly grown scarcer and scarcer still as he had neared the foothills. One thing he could not escape as easily was the impenetrable blanket of grey that had hidden every bit of sky since the beginning of Frostfall, allowing no glint of warming sun to disturb the hibernating steppes of Frostbreath. Still the very feeling of the landscape felt somewhat different, almost radiant, from the first day he had beholden the sight of the vast flatland.

The illumination of fire drew him out of his thoughts and he paused for a moment, an electric sensation distressing the air around him. He spotted the two figures at the end of the flat, and while eyeing them from a distance he observed as two winged and a horned creature drew close to them as flies to a rotting corpse. Curiosity took hold of him and snow slushed around his hooves as the stallion picked up his pace. Godly matter, eh? He supposed it made sense as he eyed the two mighty stallions. “Greetings” he said with a slight hint of courtesy, ignoring the insignificant horde of spectators that had gathered.
image credits
coding = tempest @ sordid secrets

Myrddin Posts: 115
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: Old
Aud

As the God of the Spark made his presence known in Helovia, Myrddin felt the change in the air. As the electricity mixed with the damp air of FrostFall, he scented the sweet scent of ozone, and was drawn to it. Myrddin had been lingering in the Steppe, clinging to the last bit of chill that remained. The cold was good for his old bones - it seeped into his ancient joints and first burned them, but them numbed them until the pain seemed to ebb away, allowing his old mind space to contemplate the grander things in life. Like the colt. And the Dog. It was the dog that his mind had been toying with, for the past few days. The dog given to the big black child by the God of the Earth. That would need dealing with, but not until Myrddin had adjusted to life without sight. Luckily, the Steppe was free of large obstacles - breaks in the ground had caused him many falls along his way, peppering his flanks and lower legs with cuts and bruises, but it didn't matter. Pain was a fleeting thing, but the overwhelming darkness that he felt after having been blinded, now that was forever.

He could hear voices, as he approached, and he was sure they could hear him as well - Although quite large, Myrddin was finely built, and the infusion of unicorn blood normally made his movements quite silent. Without his sight, however, he was forced to employ other methods, to save himself from constantly bumping into things. One of these methods, used now, consisted of jetting out a leg, to ensure his path was cleared. Myrddin did not intentionally slam his hooves to the ground, but the lack of depth perception which accompanied his blindness made this a regular occurance. He almost looked like a very clunky sort of dancer as he moved towards the ground, his blind eyes wide and vacant, looking a little too high.

Inadvertently, Myrddin had stepped more into the group which had gathered, than he had meant to. Custom probably dictated staying a good 10 feet away from the Gods, for they were God's after all. But he was blind, so whatareyougonnado. Nostrils flaring, Myrddin looked around, if you can call it that. His large moose-like ears swivelled, trying to catch any sounds which would indicate what was going on. He was closer to the God of the spark, than he was the Sun - for the warmth which radiated from his flesh seized his ancient joints painfully. Having visited the Veins and been ignored, Myrddin didn't have a good handle on what God's resided here, and what their temperaments were like, but like the others who had gathered here, he couldn't help but be lured by their presence.

Looking to where he believed the being which had caused the electrical surge was, Myrddin, with great effort, bowed. He extended one of his long forelegs, and with shaky determination, lowered the other, causing a series of pops and clicks as his bones forcefully protested the movement. Cresting his neck inwards, he did so until his bent knee, touched his gnarled horn. "Long days and pleasant nights, Sai." He said respectfully, his voice rich, but rough sounding.

[OOC: Permission for anyone to do anything to Myr - Like knock him down for being too close to the God's, etc. Just keep him alive, but anything else is fair game.]

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily

After her meeting with Aaron, Kiara had made her way back to the Steppe just in case. She did not know what the painted boy had in mind but she was sure he'd need inteligence. What she did not expect to find was the God of the Sun. The roan knew he had been outcasted.... But who was the one with lightning bolt like markings along his body? Her pace slowed as the dove did not come form a land with Gods and Goddesses.... Could this be another God? Green eyes watched as others to stopped to see the pair. Slowly she moved forward, ever watchful. It was the God of the Sun's words about the invasion that had her curious. Once at a respectable distance the roan stopped and waited while others spoke before speaking herself. "Mister God of the Sun, can you tell me how the Goddess of the Moon toyed with the invasion? If we did not rightfully earn the World's Edge as our home.... I do not feel right in calling it such..." The roan had already been considering a change, maybe to the warmer and easier to protect Dragon's Throat? She would forever be apart of the Qian, but the warmer climate... and well the fact that Breeze lived there as well made it all the more tempting.

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero

Much to his chagrin, a few of the mortals decided to take part in their fun, but he ignored them for the time being. Blue eyes met golden, and he raised a brow, snorting in mock insult at his brother's words. "The next time you and your wars rip a hole in the fabric of reality, I will be sure to invite you along to repair the damage," he returned with a scowl that hinted at an amused grin. "You all did quite a number on the time streams. I will be interested to see what repercussions it takes upon the land." The words were a haunting foreshadowing for the unknown to come, and he merely shrugged, glancing at the mare who approached and said something about his sister. Apparently the Goddess was being obvious enough to draw the wavering and oblivious attention of Helovia's residents, and he frowned.

"Toys with your lives, hm? I though that was my fiery brother's job description..." he said with an uncomfortable grin and a toss of his thicker head at the golden stallion. The other unicorn stallion had obvious not been paying attention, and the Spark God got to the question while his fiery brother seemed to seethe in silence. "What am I doing here? Well... this is my home. I should be asking what you are doing here, but I fear your answer will bore me." With that, the god of time eyed a darker stallion who screamed so loud in his mind that the black and white stallion winced.

"No need to shout..." he grumbled, glancing at the creature curiously. "No, stay. My brother and I are merely discussing plans for the future, so why not stay and listen?" The invitation prickled the Sun God even more, but the Spark Creator had no interest in making others comfortable. Two white stallions followed who barely said anything worth acknowledging, though he found it amusing that there was a blind and a mute horse in their company. The gene pool certainly was becoming limited, wasn't it? poor, wretched creatures.

A spotted mare with what could be called an "honorable" disposition, approached, saying that she did not want the land if she did not earn it. The God of the Spark snorted and shrugged his powerful shoulders. "I will have to check my brother's accusations before going so far as to say you all cheated," he replied with a laugh. Blue eyes bored into hers, and he turned his head to the side ever so slightly. "Though would you give it back, I wonder? Probably not. Selfish lot. Pot calling the kettle black though..." he chuckled, remembering all of their selfish fights and battles. During the forming of the land, they had been having little spats. Even though the last few centuries were spent along and working to keep the time-space continuum from collapsing around their ears, the peace was almost worth causing another disaster. Almost. But, this was fun. He forgot how entertaining mortals could be.

CREDITS: Tamme & Boom

Florelle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
She had walked a long time and now she saw spots in the snow where it was melted. She was curious and followed the tracks the tracks led to... She stopped abruptly. "Sp-spark..." She managed to quiver that out. She had wanted to meet him, but was very nervous. He was who she worshipped. She was almost jumping for joy. "T-Time God?" Still quivering. She was so nervous she was about to meet him... She smiled at him. Wild ocean roaming in her ever blue, tawny orbs. "I am Florelle.." The quivering faded and her seductive, yet normal, voice was back. She relaxed slightly. "Good day Sun God." She did that just to look partly educated.

Her feeble smile sharpened and she looked presentable. She stood a few horse lengths away in case one of them was angered by her intruding onto their godly conversation. "I over heard you talk, and.." She trailed off realizing it was almost like eavesdropping. "I just wanted to see a god in real life." She was gifted with people not being able to tell lie from truth. It was a blessing to see two Gods at the same time when she had never even seen one. "I respect both of your high ranks in, not a herd, but Helovia in general, and I would gladly leave to please you." She was an outcast and had little knowledge of that battle, but that didn't stop her from being so happy as to talk to them, but mostly Spark.

Keahi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Her step is lighter, springier than it has been for months as the charcoal vixen dances to the Steppe in the north. There is something on the wind, she has noticed it for the past couple of days; at first, she did not want to believe it, did not wish to rejoice too soon. But now, she is certain – spring is coming. The snow throughout the lands is getting heavier and turning slowly into slush, splashing up on her legs and belly as Keahi cautiously sways along. The grounds are slippery, even more so in the warmer weather, but it can’t hold her back from where she is headed. Upon her charred lips is a serene smile, gold-flecked emerald eyes glistening with reheated spark; He is returning, she can sense it, and that is the reason for her liveliness. The winter has been but long and dreary, and she is desperate to feel His warmth seeping through her hungering body once more.

Hot breath still does manage to turn into steam as it is passed through her finely shaped nostrils; muscles rippling under ebon satin skin, increasing her pace as a gathering of figurines appear within her view. She is obviously not the first to get the idea to come here, quite a few have beaten her to it, but it doesn’t matter. The Divine Father will recognize a true servant above one that is false at heart, the she wolf knows as much. Trying to bond her ecstasy, Keahi slows down to a stroll, her hips swaying in their characteristic, sensual fashion as cloven hooves bring her closer. Long, slender nape is kept at level with her spine, showing her submission to His divinity in her stance. Eyes do not leave His otherworldly frame, sucking dry every angle on His impressive wings and majestic horns, feeling His warmth pulsate toward her as she comes closer.

However this time, He is not alone in His divinity. One of His siblings has joined in, one that she has never heard of or seen before, but she instantly feels more inclined to this new God that she has ever to the Earth and Moon combined. Therefore, she nods her head respectfully to the God of the Spark, before halting at a respectful distance from Him. She almost does not dare to look him in the eye, but something inside her compels her to do it as she kneels down in front of Him, no longer noticing the chilling slush that covers the ground. The fire of His mighty frame is reflected in the metallic depths of her eyes, making the gaze she turns to him appear gilded, aflame. “Is it certain, Light of my Life?” she whispers breathily, the long run leaving her still panting. “Divine Father, I have longed so for you to return, I barely dare believe it. Is it the Truth?” she continues, not caring for whatever the others present may or may not hear. They do not concern her.

Her heart is racing in her ribcage, not just from the run, but from being in His presence. Heavily lashed eyes flutter slightly from the strain of the light, and she has to look down, an unusually soft smile spreading upon her velvet kissers. I am yours, eternally.
Credits

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

The God of the Sun considered the repercussions of having the very time that pedaled them forward with steadiness and unforgiving, reliable constancy ripped from underneath them, and he frowned, watching his brother. With a small scowl, he listened to the black and white god address those who came and spoke with a small measure of irritation, and he pinned golden ears to the side. Carefully, he tucked his flaming wings at his sides and sighed heavily. When the spotted mare finally spoke, his golden eyes shifted to her, narrowing them only a little.

After allowing his brother to speak, the God of the Sun addressed Kiara. "You fought, you bled, you won," he replied stoically. "The Moon God is not allowed a direct hand in the influence of battle according to our laws, but she did double cross the Ice King Mauja, from what I've gleaned. She chose your group. You have every right to claim that land as you own, with or without our blessing." The God of Fire was not normally so direct and fair with the mortals, but part of him felt tendrils of fear creep into his gut. The last time the gods wandered down the path of meddling in bands and groups of the horses here, they had wound up breaking everything.

"Try not to take too much stake in our ways, Kiara. We temper each other's influences and will act accordingly to meddling." He offered that piece of wisdom with a growl of irritation before spying a familiar ink spot on the white of the snow. Keahi. A wry smile crossed his lips, and he inclined his crowned head to her. She held proper deference and was the pinnacle of proper mortal behavior, and he was glad at least to have some way to show up his long absent brother. However, another mare's words caught his attention and made him raise a brow. Leave to please him? "You are welcome to stay, Florelle. Though I will continue my journey south. The time has come for me to return to the veins, same as my brother who will not shirk his responsibilities." Golden eyes snickered at his brother.

"Walk with me, Keahi," he said, beginning his trek once more with the dark mare at his side. "It is true that I am returning, but what my siblings expected me to learn from my experience, I know not. Being exiled in a desert of snow will not change my ways, but I have gained curious information." The God of the Sun hummed a little. "Soon, all will be set straight."

CREDITS

Sierra Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Sierra
There's Always A Way

Sierra watched as horses began to gather. She grunted, her time alone with the gods was over. She looked at the black and white one. A fuzzy, electric shock type feeling had come over her when she was near him. Electricity? Spark? Shock? She shrugged her shoulders. The Sun god had said something about repairing time, so maybe a god of time? She decided that's who he was, and she stared at him. What was strange was that she had heard that all gods were tribred. Each had wings from a pegasus, one or two horns from a unicorn, and the rest from an equine. The God of Time had only a horn. She was interested in why, but did not ask. Can he hear me? Hope not. Sierra lowered her head. All this time she had been thinking about this god, the charming one of Time and Spark. Such a handsome devil he was. She grinned at herself. Such an idiot I am. He can hear me! Thoughts and images rolled into her mind of the two, she took a minute to scan through them before clearing her mind of anymore.

She glanced around, before settling her blue eyes back to the Time god."You're the new god?" She asked him. Her mind focused on memorizing his shape and colors. "I have heard that some horses have sensed your presence. Shall you be joining the gods within the heavens to answer us mortals? Or do you think we are of unimportance and do not care?"She then realized how many questions she had asked."So sorry for piling you up with questions. It's just I have never met a god before, I have only heard of them."She grumbled.I'm an idiot!! She tucked her wings closer to her body, trying to keep warm. She looked at the other horses, then back at the Time God, waiting for him to reply.

The Sun God was already strolling away with a dark mare, and she felt a pang of jealousy and envy. She wished the Time God would whisk her off her hooves, carry her away to a place of secrecy. Just stop thinking about him altogether, smart one!Her fairy tales that played in her head came to a pause and she was sucked back into reality. Now too many horses crowded around, and she sighed. Too bad it couldn't last forever. She looked back at the Time God, waiting for his replies.

OOC: Sorry for such the lubby-dubby post. My muse did it!
WC: 414
"Tying her Tongue."
Working her Joints
Plotting her Moves

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable
(Permission to skip Xan)

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

It was indeed a curious sight to behold, the flock that slowly gathered and moved across the snow covered steppe. They watched them from afar, the horse and his dragon, the dragon and her horse, curious and itching to join the crowd around the Immortals. A thorn of doubt strapped the feet in place however, and the memory of fire and burning flesh made a gold-dusted back ache at the sight of the lord of flame.

Would it be like the last time their paths crossed? Would a merciless flame become unleashed in a fit of temper, without reason or apology?
You was healed right away though the White reminded and shifted the stance where she sat, regal and graceful atop his gilded whithers. Scaled wings were folded neatly against the lithe back, and the tip of the tail curled lazily around the tactile front paws the way a lady might cross her legs and lean back.
True. It still hurt though he replied half-heartedly, without much conviction. He wasn't sure himself what to think of the Sun God. On one hand he appeared fearsome, violent and dangerous, impossible to be comfortable around, and Lace would love to turn around and run back to his home in the mist. He could so easily spare himself the discomfort of facing the one who had marked him for life, steer clear of injury, pain and unease. But on the other hand, the deity provided a source of endless fascination, evident in the way he constantly appeared in the mind of the mortal stallion. He would never be able to forget the sight of the fire-clad god by the rim of the Heart, silent and noble as he waited for judgment to fall...

Sooted legs moved on their own, mindlessly drawn to the presence of the powerful beings. The amulet braided into his mane appeared to hum the closer he came, tingling against the skin of the shoulder as if silently greeting its creator, the source of its power - unbeknown to the owner. The grulla only knew that he was walking into a situation where he had no control over the outcome, mind buzzing with thoughts yet blank, empty of words suitable to describe what he wanted to say.

Once his path crossed with that of the group and the golden lord and his brother strode towards him, his body just acted on its own. Ignoring the others around, he knelt deeply before the Gods and dipped the cobwebbed head to the earth, trying to contain the crawling feeling of uncertainty that ran down the spine.

"I am honored to stand in your presence once more, Lord of Sun" he said, before standing up and moving to the side, as not to stand in the way of the lords. "I.. wanted to apologize, for not speaking on your behalf at that time. Even though I wasn't aware of the events that led up to your exile, there must have been something for me to say, yet silence was the only thing I had to offer. I've regretted it since then."

The words surprised himself, much because of how true they were. Perhaps it was strange for someone who had been touched by that scorching flame, but Lace couldn't bring himself to hate or even be angry with the Sun God. All he felt was confusion and awe, like always when faced with the Divine Ones.
Golden eyes glanced curiously towards the shorter, stockier stallion that walked by the side of the flaming one. The sensation of power that radiated from him hinted at the lack of mortality, yet he matched no description Lace had ever been given of the gods. He only knew of the Moon Lady, the Earth Father and the Sun Lord; this new person was unfamiliar, and he could feel his curiosity building up for each moment that passed. Really, there was no end to the trail of interesting events within this Helovia - the thought of leaving for new views felt more foreign for each season that passed.

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden