the Rift

the wind was on the withered heath, questing

Yseulte Posts: 68
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 5
Itzal :: White Tiger :: Hypnotize roni
[Image: ysueltetable.png]

yseulte*

It was a curious thing, to have time repeat itself.

Many years ago, a time before even her father's time, when Liridon was not yet ravished by scorching flames and suffocating darkness, a queen with eyes like violets and hair of fire spoke to a god. He was a violent god, as was his nature, but he was not unkind, however much he pretended to be. The Fire Lord granted her request, for he loved mortal games and admired this firebird's fearless spirit.

In fact, he rather thought it a pity if she were to die.

Hell and Back Again, the journey became known as. Up the spine of Mt. Zjarri and down its throat of darkness and into the belly of flame and things unknown to mortal eyes.

"Because none would ever return, you see," Zjarri would say, as they would climb their rather less formidable stargazing hill. "But not your grand-mother, for the Fire Lord favored her above all else."

Many years later, past both the queen and her monster-son's time, a god fashioned from the very bones of the earth who was both gentle and patient, granted the grand-daughter of the Firebird her only wish.

And so it was, that Yseulte braced herself against the cold that stole the very breath from her lungs and the wind that slashed her body with bits of ice and snow fashioned sharp and cruel like broken shards of the glass substance she was soon to learn how to craft. She strained her eyes for signs of movement, pushing herself farther into the barren reaches of the land to lay eyes on the snow leopards. Though the snow crust was frozen, and not entirely difficult to traverse across, she couldn't help but miss childhood winter days when she was not alone, and her father would melt the snowdrifts with his fire-breath that were taller than her. As Yseulte always did, she pushed those warmer memories away, and embraced the onslaught of cold and snow.

As if the land were a tomb to the living and green, he wild winter grounds were full of forgotten silence—a hollow, somber silence that seemed to sing just for her, and no one else.

apprentice craftsmen of the edge,

ALL THE WAYS I GOT TO KNOW
YOUR PRETTY FACE AND ELECTRIC SOUL.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

"Stop!" A voice growled at the unicorn as she crept closer and closer to the area the family of snow leopards had claimed as their own, stretching to many generations before them. A large male revealed himself from an area just ahead of Yseulte. Another, a smaller female, came to stand on the unicorn's right side. Their gaze was critical as they looked her up and down.

"It can't be her. She is not the one." The female said sadly, to which the male grimaced visibly. He growled a low rumbling sound and began to pace back and forth. The couple had lost one of their cubs and had searched the area around the Steppe in hopes of finding it, but their efforts were in vain. All that had been left behind was a message scratched into the snow. The wind and snowfall that had taken place since then had erased the message, but the parents remembered it well.

To Yseulte's right the female leopard turned and began to head quickly toward her home before her only other cub disappeared. With another loud growl the male turns and began to follow after the female.

Yseulte Posts: 68
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 5
Itzal :: White Tiger :: Hypnotize roni
[Image: ysueltetable.png]

yseulte*

She fell motionless at the command, the exotic leopard accent foreign and strange to her ears but the intent in the hostile tone was clear. A snow leopard. He was truly a regal creature, both he and his fair lady, with bright eyes subtle variations of blue. Each stride was powerful and full of easy grace. He and his more slender companion moved smooth and languid as flowing water, and seemed just as translucent due to their marvelously camouflaged fur. She stared at them in wonder and admiration, understanding Zjarri's fascination with this feral and exotic cat. They possessed the three qualities he cherished above all else.

Beauty, power, and grace.

They eyed her critically in a somewhat skeptical manner, and voiced their doubts aloud. Her unwavering blue eyes, so like the snow leopards', watched the male pace back and forth restlessly. As a vague afterthought, she supposed she should feel uneasy in their feral company, but she wasn't. There was nothing that could frighten her anymore. Not after Zjarri. And then the white pair turned their backs on her, and Yseulte immediately sensed their proud, cold nature.

Perhaps they were not so very different after all.

"I am she." The quiet conviction and ferocity in her voice was unmistakable. "I am sent under the command of the Lord of the Earth himself. I have come to help you recover what you have lost."

If it was not too late.

"Please. What would you have me do?"

apprentice craftsmen of the edge,

ALL THE WAYS I GOT TO KNOW
YOUR PRETTY FACE AND ELECTRIC SOUL.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The two cats stopped when the strangely colored mare said the Lord of the Earth had sent her to aid them. The male's eyes were skeptical while the female's were hopeful. What good could a unicorn do? How could she help them when even they had not been able to find their cub?

Before the male could speak his doubts and send the mare away the female spoke. "Father Earth truly sent you?" Quick steps carried her toward the mare. The male growled and the female turned her head toward him, her eyes narrowing and making him grow silent. Even if she was a unicorn she was there to help. She would not allow him to send any sort of help away.

"A message was left." The female leopard pressed on. "The elements have erased it, but I remember it well. It said 'I am beautiful, yet I am deadly. I am marked by war, yet dwell in peace'." Her tail began to twitch back and forth as she looked up at the unicorn. "We think it's a clue. A place, but we don't know the land aside from this. If he were he we would have found him."

Riddle:
I am beautiful, yet I am deadly
I am marked by war, yet dwell in peace

[If you create a thread in the correct forum the Random Event will be posted and your quest will continue. If you post in the incorrect forum you will be told to try again. Good luck!]