the Rift

protection for my lady [any god]

Rapha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

B A C C H U S

Bacchus didn't like being away from Sno. Really didn't like it. Too many people were ready to snatch him up, remodel him to their wants. He was Princess Sno's slave! Not anyone else's! Bacchus could only imagine how awful it would be in the clutches of another horse. Someone who was more violent and less pretty. So there he went trotting, nervous and agitated, up the sides of a rock mountain, terrified and excited and... terrified. His legs were shaking, his eyes were big and round. Little Bacchus knew what he wanted- an item to protect Sno! What would Sno say right now? You're a right cowed dog, Rapha. Get a move on and stay smiling.

The young horse finally stopped at the shrines of the fine gods, eyes wide and sparkling in awe and distrust. What if gods were just immortal, evil, slave-masters? "O mighty gods of the beautiful Helovia, will you come and greet one of your small subjects?" His voice was a squeak, but that would have to do, for the rest of it was gone.

OOC: He would like a magic object that protects the user from PHYSICAL harm, not magical.

If possible, I would like it if it was a leather necklace with a wolf fang on the end.

i'm a COWARD, a LIAR, and totally, utterly pathetic- I ADMIT IT

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
[The admin are still discussing magical items; we will get back to this quest as soon as we have reached a consensus and have come up with guidelines. ]

Unregistered
[I guessed this would happen ^^ If it helps, I imagine it would work like a normal amulet to ward off physical attack- one use, for perhaps a companion attack if Sno wishes. The powers could be 'revived' if he returned to the Gods two months later, through a quest, so the necklace would remain even if the powers did not.]

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

A gentle laugh harried the stallion on a breeze as the winds tugged at his forelock and weaves between his ears. Behind him, pooling in his cast shadow, the mare of the night arose. A flutter of wings as she flexed them would be the only sound of her sudden presence.

"I would rather be the beautiful one and Helovia the mighty one," the mare of the moon teased. Her sterling eyes hardened then, squinting into knives as she probbed the stallion before her with a steady stare. He stank of her brother and his new land, so graciously given to those who had not been worthy enough to uphold her name in her land. When had Time ever meddled in their affairs?

She snorted, dismissive, and the stars shrunk.

"What do you seek?" she asked plainly, though a twisted ear told of her intrigue.

[The amulet will work only once a season and will auto re-charge. It uses cannot be 'saved' to add up.]

Unregistered

B A C C H U S

Bacchus' hair prickled uncomfortably as a wind shivered to life around him, running ticklish hands through his mane and tail. It laughed softly, alluringly, and quite suddenly, there was a mare beside him. She was taller than him, delicately formed, smooth-skinned with those doe-eyes, even if they were a touch frightening, all marbled silver and cream and ice. And she was pretty- even more pretty than Snö. Maybe. But he didn't like to think that, as if the very thought would be told to Snö. And she was all lavender and violet, and looked like... she was spun out of starlight and moonlight and beauty.

"Oh my Lady," He cried out, realizing his place was at her feet. He dropped to his knees without regard of the pain on hard rock he caused them, and did not dare look upon her bodice again, for fear. "I'm sorry, Lady, I didn't know you preferred beauty over might!" Bacchus apologized, muttering sorry over and over again under his breath. "Oh dear Lady, mistress of the moon, I just wanted to ask for some sort of thing that could protect my master Snö from harm. I couldn't bear it if my Lady got hurt... there would be too many ready to kill me." The slave sniffed slightly, looking down at her hooves.

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

His grovelling did much to soothe her tempest of a mood. It was a behavior many other of the mortals should learn from, for too many came here with their heads high and tongues sharp. Cracking a smile at the stud before her, she thought perhaps she might come to like him after all.

"I can provide you something, which will, hmm, protect. Yet, the energy, the beating must go somewhere, must it not?" She smiled sickly sweet as she gazed down at the bowed horse. Her wings shifted casually on her back as she considered her options, tsking softly under her breath.

"Challenge another for an item of theirs and then return to me. If you have the item, all the better, if not... I will make amends."

[must challenge someone for an item. You do not have to win or lose, although the outcome will change how the god responds when you return, but the fight must be finished in the sense that it is judged.]

Unregistered

B A C C H U S

Yes, she was not just a unicorn, Rapha supposed- but she was a real goddess. She was, she was, she was... amazing. Powerful. Lovely. Of course, he did not see her smile- probably a good thing, as he may just pass out from surprise and adoration. On his knees now, he realized how much injury he had caused them so foolishly. Pain, hot pain, throbbed in the kneecaps as the little horse trembled before the goddess, joints reduced to raw flesh and scraped skin, blood dripping from both. Finally, the sun passed out of the sky, in a wink of a golden eye and a shiver, pale light.

He listened in silence, on his knees, as the mighty maress spoke, vindictive, but he was used to such voices. He didn't answer- it was certainly not in his place right now, and continued to keep his little ears pricked as she spoke of seeking out and fighting.

"Beautiful goddess, I thank you a thousand times. I will do my very best. Thank you, thank you, thank you." Slowly, nervously, those legs unfolded, and the slave stood, still not daring to look upon the tribaid's body, careful not to draw any more attention to himself. He backed away, head held low, struggling to find a grip on the hard rock, too much of a coward to look up and see if she was gone. On the slave made his way, until finally the ground rose above him, and he turned, and began to canter, happy and ready to make his way home to his mistress and the Plague.