New Surroundings, New Beginnings [Newcomer Open]

Dexter Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Dexter

"Pretend Everyday Is Your Last Shot,
Aim High,
And Give It Your All."

The white blanket covered forest surrounded the flea-bitten stallion, he would've blended in with the white arctic snow if it wasn't for his dark markings. Dexter walked slowly and cautiously, through the snow, he attentively watched his footing, for he did not want to disturb any unwanted creatures that may lurk in the woods. "Of course I would see them a mile away, the snow would instantly give away any animal's position, unless they are camouflaged by their coat... Well I can rely on my sense of hearing and smell, silence is my friend at this time." The silent talk went on in his head, as he attempted to rationalize his chances of escape, if a predator happened to cross his path.
A cold whisper of wind blew by Dexter, lightly tugging his roached mane east, making the lad pause, and shutter. He breathed out through his nostrils, and kept padding on to his unknown destination. "What am I doing? Where am I going?" The stallion asked aloud, breaking the noise pattern of his footsteps through the snow. Dexter paused as though awaiting a answer, after a long scream of silence, he turned around briskly, and answered himself. "I'm finding something... but what?... A clean slate." The purple-eyed stallion started off into the leafless woods. He turned back around, without speaking another word aloud, and continued on his way to his never ending journey.

Word Count~ 233

[Image: sc5847.png]
Stock Photo

Orinthia Posts: 132
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 17 hands :: 4 years
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

I saw a walking stallion that seemed lost, and was talking to himself. How queer. He reminds me of myself, wandering, with no destination, with no one but myself. He seemed confused, and quite hungry. I didn't want to scare the lad, so I quietly approached him. He would've blended into the snow, if it weren't for his markings, and his beautiful purple eyes. He wasn't the first horse I have seen, with different colored eyes, but of all the horses, male and female, that I have seen, he had the prettiest eyes. His eyes reminded me of the purple flowers that used to grow in my old herd's fields. What pretty, bright eyes. I walked up to him, trying to keep quiet, and said "Hello there lad. I'm Orinthia," I said, with a bright aura and personality, trying to be friendly.
"blah blah blah"

I saw a walking stallion that seemed lost, and was talking to himself. How queer. He reminds me of myself, wandering, with no destination, with no one but myself. He seemed confused, and quite hungry. I didn't want to scare the lad, so I quietly approached him. He would've blended into the snow, if it weren't for his markings, and his beautiful purple eyes. He wasn't the first horse I have seen, with different colored eyes, but of all the horses, male and female, that I have seen, he had the prettiest eyes. His eyes reminded me of the purple flowers that used to grow in my old herd's fields. What pretty, bright eyes. I walked up to him, trying to keep quiet, and said "Hello there lad. I'm Orinthia," I said, with a bright aura and personality, trying to be friendly.

Unregistered

Dexter

Aim High,
And Give It Your All."

The flea-bitten Nokota froze, and a pair of purple eyes turned to look at the black mare that greeted him. His ears flicked with an inquiring mind, he soon turned his whole figure around to face the stranger. "A different face among different surroundings, is thy friend of foe?" Dexter thought, questioning the mare silently, though his facial was erased of emotion. "Hello... Orintha." He began mildly then ended his sentence with a cooler tone. "Dexter, my name is Dexter." The stallion continued fully acknowledging the equine's presence, he then blinked and gave a slight shake of his head. "I'm sorry, I am just a little edgy with the looks of unfamiliar places." Dexter's expression suddenly turned from mysterious to warm and friendly, as with his voice of tone. He took a welcoming step forward, he felt the cold wet snow under his hoofs as he did so. Pausing the stallion gave a small but gallant bow of his head. "May I inquire, on your purpose here? If that's not too much of a invading question, that is." Dexter continued, gesturing that he was simply curious of what the mare might be doing here. "Of course, I could ask the same question to myself" The thought popped in his head, at this point it would seem as though he was snooping since he actually just wandered into the area.

Word Count~ 229

Stock Photo

Hidden Account
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

The horse seemed slightly startled, but only at the beginning when I introduced myself. He introduced himself as Dexter. What strange names in this place. I have never heard of them. Where I used to live, our horses had complex names of nature. These strange, but pretty names here were very interesting though, and I liked them.

"I'm sorry, I am just a little edgy with the looks of unfamiliar places." Said the stallion. "It's fine!" I replied, almost a little too cheery. "I'm not so used to this place either", I said. "I have only been here for about a week, exploring the lovely, deep woods," I said in awe of all the beautiful trees here. If I weren't alone I would've lived here, but I knew eventually I would have to keep on moving. I knew I would return though. I have always been drawn to the woods. I decided I would leave and maybe return later during the Birdsong season. As he spoke, his gaze turned from suspicious of me, to warm and friendly.

"May I inquire, on your purpose here? If that's not too much of a invading question, that is." I smiled at him, to let him know it wasn't invading of privacy. If he thought that was invading, he should know of my out of control curiosity, asking horses personal questions. How stupid was I. I silently chuckled at myself. "That is no personal question, Dexter", I said. "I am no foe, to ensure your safety", I said again pricking my ears to show my non-aggressive stance. "I am an adventurer. My herd got wiped out, and ever since I have been going to new places, getting into danger, and adventuring. Curiosity is my drive", I said looking at him. "May I ask, what are you doing here kind stallion", I said, not trying to be the one invading any privacy now.

A/N Hey you actually count your words! ^.^ Cool! (I should start doing that XD)

"blah blah blah"

Unregistered

Dexter

Aim High,
And Give It Your All."

"Adventurer, out seeking danger. Herd wiped out. Seemingly cheery. Unfamiliar with surroundings. Travels place to place. Driven by curiosity..." The stallion thought as he carefully examined his new found acquaintance. Dexter had always paid precise attention to detail, and a sorta of 'talent' as he would compliment himself, for memorizing the small personality points of all characters he met. Though, through his thinking he kept his gently warm look, hiding all hints of any negative emotion. "Oh hardly, I am not exactly a stallion of concealment. In fact my only secrecy is in the privacy of my mind. As for my business here, I wish to explore a bit, maybe find someplace to call home at last." He chuckled at first, then his tone started to soften as he ended his statement. Dexter's gaze switched downwards for a moment to contemplate his true exploration meaning, blinking he looked back up again and smiled at the black mare. "Curiosity, it destroys and creates." The mute thought swerved in his head. "Well now I'm conflicted, I am not sure what to look for." A strike of worry crossed his expression, as he continued. "You see, what I truly seek is a herd. Yet the thrill of new lands calls to me. What do you suppose I do?" Dexter knew Orthinia couldn't answer that question for him, as it was his to decide, but then again he had a slight lean towards herd-life. The flea-bitten gray horse glanced away for a moment, staring at the snow-melted trees that threatened to turn green.

OOC: Word counting is easier for me to know how long a post has to be, so yeah. :)

Word Count~259

Stock Photo

Hidden Account
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

As I spoke, the lad observed me, as if trying to see through me..All my thoughts? I wasn't uncomfortable...Just more compelled to pelt him with questions. He was carefully staring, and intently listening, as his ears were perked up.

"Oh hardly, I am not exactly a stallion of concealment. In fact my only secrecy is in the privacy of my mind. As for my business here, I wish to explore a bit, maybe find someplace to call home at last." The lad said. "Well, I know a place to call home", I said. Sorrow filled my eyes as I thought about my lost home. The past always found me where ever I fled to, something or someone would always remind me, of the love, the home I never had. "There is a place, I have been told of..The foothills", I said, not knowing anymore about these foreign herds. He slightly smiled at me, and I could see thoughts flashing in his eyes. What was he thinking about?

"You see, what I truly seek is a herd. Yet the thrill of new lands calls to me. What do you suppose I do?" The thought struck me so hard. It was exactly like me. I have been living off the thrill of adventure so long, yet longing for a herd...I didn't know what I wanted either, which is why I couldn't decide when I met Tallow and Evers. "I can't answer that...You are in the same situation as me", I said looking at him, wishing I could help him. "I think you should find someone you truly love first, and then go live with them", I said. It was what I was trying to do. Love could mend my wounds. I knew my family was irreplaceable, but could love help me move from the past?

"blah blah blah"

Unregistered

Dexter

Aim High,
And Give It Your All."

The trees started to gradually return to their natural green form, as was the grass beneath their hoofs as the snow was liquefying. The purple-eyed Nokota turned his gaze back to Orinthia, his ears were in a straight motion. He took notice of the troublesome look upon her face, he found most agonizing pasts to be difficult for some to discuss, in conclusion he bothered not to mention anything. "the Foothills? His words clearly sounded of interest. "How... intriguing. Dexter looked down with a thoughtful look upon his features. There was not a slim look of impasse, as his decision became more apparent to himself. He intentionally avoided responding to Orinthia's last statement and questioned more about the Foothills. "Could you inform me more of this place and, do you know where the 'Foothills' reside? If you don't, then I could just find it myself... Thanks for your help." The 7 year old horse smiled briefly, as he looked back up to the black horse. He assumed the friesian mare didn't know the location of his destination, but honestly hoped she did as he didn't want to wander off into blue without a place in mind. "Oh and is it possible you could accompany me to the Foothills? I mean we are both in the boat, as of which path to choose." Dexter added on, with a slight tilt of his head.

Word Count~ 232

Stock Photo

Hidden Account
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

Dexter seemed to be pondering, as he thought about the foothills I mentioned. I believed them to be close to the mountains, and I think I knew how to get there. "The foothills are hills, big ones, with sparse out trees, and somewhat rocky terrain", I said, remembering briefly passing by, so fast that I didn't see, or socialize with any other horses, much less the herd I heard about.

"Could you inform me more of this place and, do you know where the 'Foothills' reside? If you don't, then I could just find it myself... Thanks for your help."

"I believe they are by the mountains. I can't quite remember, but I am thinking maybe, I could", I paused for a second and continued. "But I would be willing to accompany you, if you wish", I said, wanting to help him find a place to call home.

"blah blah blah"

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi
[Image: 50a8b421a75c2]

EVERS the ABLE

The faint sound of voices reached the ears of Evers, Chief Diplomat of the Foothills, who turned on small hooves to head off in the same direction. He walked with a warble, an enlarged belly that the red boy was sure he'd have to go get checked out by Poppy, barrel swinging from side to side. A red body stark contrast to his roan body and reindeer horns, six of them, weighed down on a skinny neck which made him puff with effort. All in all, it was the aches that did him in, he felt like an old stallion way past his hay day, even his hair had turned white. Evers just hoped Mandrake wouldn't see him like this, it would take some serious explaining even for his eloquent tongue.

So it was that the leader of the Foothills ambled into the conversation between Orinthia, an inky mare he'd met previously, and another equine steed he didn't recognize. Apparantly, the mare he had originally offered shelter to was offering to take this boy to his land, Evers dipped his head in greeting and looked curiously at the mare first. "I thank you for helping this excellent stallion and speaking so humbly about the Foothills, dear Orinthia" he smiled a grateful smile and then turned to the steed who was snow white in colour.

"It would be a pleasure to offer you a place in our herd, Sir. I am Evers the Able, Chief of the Foothills, if you promise to strive for the good of the herd and live a life of equality amongst other species... You may follow me to your new home."

His voice was quiet and gentle, nothing like that of his brother Archibald, the Warlord Chief. The though of the other Chiefs brought up and image of the stolen Svetlana. He'd hoped Archibald would have come up with a plan by now and rallied the warriors, it concerned him greatly to know she was lost. He knew in the end she was just a piece on his mothers chessboard, yet his missed her rash personalty.

I'll do it all for you in t i m e

Unregistered

Dexter

Aim High,
And Give It Your All."

The equine nodded positively to Orinthia, and just as he was about to head off on their journey he was acquainted by a red stallion. "Oh but the pleasure is all mine, Evers the Able. It is an honor to meet you chief, and I would be most gratified to serve the Foothills herd. Dexter bowed his head deeply, with in the up-most appreciation. The flea-bitten stallion made his decision, he was never much of a loner despite his quiet outlook at first, he rather much enjoyed the presence of others, therefore he felt the herd-life was best suited for his needs. Pausing, Dexter turned his head to the shadowed mare. "If you ever want to talk or anything, you can find me at the foothills." Smiling he turned back to the unicorn and nodded, gesturing for the chief to lead the way to his new homeland.

OOC: Sorry I hadn't responded earlier, I had a lot of work at school the past few days, but I should have a lot more time now that winter break is coming up.

Word Count~ 148

Stock Photo

Hidden Account
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

I saw Dexter look at Evers, with a longing look, and I knew he was going to end his life as an adventurer, and become a herds horse. I longed for family, but deep in my bones, I knew the Foothills weren't the place for me. He told me if we needed to talk, I could find him at the foothills. I was sad of his departure, because it would mean I would have to walk these woods, alone again, but I knew I would find a new horse to greet.

"Thank you Dexter. It was a pleasure meeting you", I said,nodding my head, as I turned tail and walked away.

occ: Nice rping with you ^.^

"blah blah blah"