the Rift

Mist Mountains (Quilyan)

Orinthia Posts: 132
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 17 hands :: 4 years
Orinthia
I looked out into the horizon of the towering mountains. I took in a deep breath letting the mist come into my nostrils, with that clean, purifying air. I wanted to stay here forever, on the top, looking below at the field with all that green, fresh grass. My mouth watered thinking about taking mouthfuls of that delicious grass. I felt so valiant, strong, and so...powerful standing up on the top looking down at everything with a birds eye view. Now, all I had to do was walk down these rocky mountains, the way I came up, and I had to find a way to that field. I had the energy to run miles, and I felt so happy here, I didn't want to leave.

~

As I approached the field, I broke into a full sprint, letting all the bottled up energy out. Every step launched me forward. My mane was wild in the wind flowing. I kept on running through the lush green grass letting it brush along my legs. I felt so free here. Like where I used to live, racing my companions, and all the other younger horses. I was so rambunctious way, back when. After running back and forth for such a long time I frolicked and pranced. If someone was watching me, I didn't care. I felt so free. This freedom brought back the pained memories of my family, but I felt as if their spirits were right by me, frolicking with me, beside me. I whinnied out loud getting on my hind legs, letting the wind caress me.

After frolicking and running 'till I tired, I settled down to munching that mouth watering grass. I munched on the grass, with dew still on it, moisturizing my food. I kept on munching. So...hungry.... I munched until I heard something behind me. God forbid, they saw me frolicking like a foal.

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

There is something behind the throne
Quilyan
greater than the king himself.

He was wandering again through this land that was so new to him. It was inconceivable that there was so much open, unclaimed land. Would he be able to create his own fief? He had run across herdlands, of course, marked with the scent of their inhabitants, and these he had avoided, having no desire to assimilate to their laws and customs. No, he was better than that. Better than them. If they offered him a position of power, as was befitting his rank and title, then perhaps he would reconsider gracing them with his presence. Or perhaps not; he would then have to compete with those already in power, or perhaps he would be forced into a mating that he was unwilling to honor, as was the custom in his homeland.

His own father had not been completely sold on his mate; it was a pairing made for the betterment of the kingdom without regard for the feelings of either party. Braizier had not honored the commitment required of the monarchs by the gods, gracing wench after wench with his kingly presence, while Krysanthe had pined sadly, silently, for a love that she would never be allowed to have. Nor was she allowed to voice her discontent, for as a mare, she was expected to bear that which her mate chose to give, even if she was unhappy with his choices, as she certainly was with the king's...

Memories were interrupted by a view of a mare frolicking happily in the distance. His interest was piqued, and he picked up the pace, moving into a graceful trot. His strides carried him easily and quickly over the ground, the picture of royalty with his bi-colored cranium held high, violet eyes bright, wings folded neatly at his side. He watched the fae as she settled to grazing, approaching from behind and to one side, a low whinny erupting from his throat to announce his presence. He didn't want to frighten the vixen, simply alert her to his approach. Nearing closer still, his next tones formed into words. "Good day, m'lady," he greeted her cordially, orbs twinkling. "A fine day for a nice frolic, is it not?"

[W/C | 365]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil | VenomXBaby | NewdyStock | BurtN | SimplyBackgrounds
Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Hidden Account
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

As I was happily munching away on the grass, I heard a whinny coming from behind me, slightly startling me for a second, but then I knew it was friendly, and sounded sweet. "Good day, m'lady," He greeted me in a nice way, with sparkling eyes. "A fine day for a nice frolic, is it not?" I felt so embarrassed that he saw me run around like a young filly, with no care in the world. I blushed and looked down, feeling quite stupid at running around. What happened to not caring what any one thinks? I thought to myself. Shut up. I thought back. Stupid conscious. "Yes..It's a very nice day for a frolic", I said, wanting to run again.

I observed this muscular stallion, or should I say Pegasus. He had icy violet eyes, that seemed they were going to penetrate into my soul. He had gorgeous wings, and a snow white mane and tail. He had bay patches all over his body, and he seemed to be so handsome. He had a mischievous look in his eyes, that look that a normal flirty stallion would have. I felt quite self-conscious in front of him. There wasn't really anything pretty about me. I was slate black, and had green-hazel eyes. I flicked my tail in annoyance at my appearance. I was acting like a filly...again. Why couldn't I be a pretty white arabian, or a unicorn. Right now, I just wished to have wings like the handsome pegasus in front of me.

"My name is Orinthia", I said offering him my name. I picked up my leg, and lightly stomped it back down on the ground. I felt like running again. There was something about this place that made me want to settle on it, be free, and keep on running here.

"blah blah blah"

Hidden Account
Orinthia
Hm...something went wrong with my table....Oh well. XD

Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE

Quilyan

She seemed to be a bit impatient, or a bit restless, or perhaps she was both. That was perfectly alright with the deposed prince; he was of the same nature, and quite willing to simply run freely. Or fly, as was his preference, if it came right down to it. There was something about flight that allowed a freedom that was unknown to a crown prince, held as such by rituals and rules and all sorts of other boring conundrums. But, she was not blessed with the appendages of flight, and so he would not be so rude as to leave her on the ground for the company of an empty sky.

She was kind, and polite, though perhaps shy. He got the distinct impression that her true nature was not being revealed to him: her body rippled with confined motion, but her words were hesitant and unsure. He couldn't help a friendly smile; it was so much easier to flirt with them when they were comfortable. And he was a master of comforts. The silent joke widened his grin, a lopsided and goofy thing, and he spoke again. "It is my opinion that it is always a good day to frolic, m'lady. One must never grow too old for fun, or so my dam always told me." The memory of his mother, so distant, was not as pleasant as that of his nursemaid, who had in fact been the one to tell him that little piece of wisdom. But a mother would be easier to explain than a servant, and so he tweaked his story.

The mare was black all over, and her pelt shone with a well-kept sheen. A long banner hung straight from her nape, silken in the sunlight, and feathering decorated her long legs. Her eyes were an emerald-hazel mix, so similar to those of several of his siblings. That memory, too, he pushed away, intent on his flirtations with the femme. "Orinthia," he repeated, savoring the name as it flowed over his tongue. It was a name that was very different from those of his homeland. "A beautiful name, to be sure. Mine is Quilyan. Did you know, Mistress Orinthia," he added, using the title of respect as he would at home, "that you are, in fact, the first horse I have come across in this land?"

[W/C | 392]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Hidden Account
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

"It is my opinion that it is always a good day to frolic, m'lady. One must never grow too old for fun, or so my dam always told me." The handsome lad said. Never too old for fun, eh? I saw the game he was playing. A handsome flirt. I felt a little bit flirtatious. He had the looks, the voice, probably the rank, the everything. Why not have a little bit of fun, and stop being so shy for once? For one thing, he probably valued all the girls pretty, so I might as well feel, pretty for once. "Yes. Indeed", I said, slightly batting my eyelashes, trying to make my voice sultry.

The lad was eying me over, I guess interested? Eh. A nice time for a 'game'. I was in a good mood, and this game was making me in a better mood. As he looked at me, I also saw different emotions cross him. He was remembering something. He reminded me of my mother. Appaloosa, but she had his markings. Big blotches of brown.

"A beautiful name, to be sure. Mine is Quilyan. Did you know, Mistress Orinthia," he said in a flattering manner. And polite. I thought to myself. "Why..Quilyan isn't such a foreign name", I murmured to myself. I have heard similar names in my herd. Not exactly his, but ones the horses of this area. "What a beautiful name", I said to him, smiling. "Am I the first horse you've met here?" I said slowly walking a circle around him, smiling.

"blah blah blah"

Quilyan

Even this maiden did not treat him with the worshipful deference of those back home. She was polite, yes, but she spoke to him as though they were equals. How very odd. Was it just this fae whose mind was so warped as to think she were the equal of a prince - but no, she wouldn't know that he were a prince. It was still a shock, and it never grew more pleasant. He yearned for the ease of years past, when he had only to speak the word and there would be countless servants dipping into bows at his hooves, everything from the pretty unicorns placed for his pleasure to the miniature equines whose job it was to bring buckets of water to a parched monarch.

He smiled a charming smile at the fae - Orinthia, her name was. She was a bit plain for his tastes, it was true, but he was a shameless flirt with the ability to make any mare feel beautiful. And she was the first he had come across in days - the prince was rather deprived of womanly company. "What a beautiful name," Orinthia told him, and he resisted the urge to snort. It was a well enough name, he supposed, but he would rather have his own than to share his grandsire's. Ah, well. "You are indeed the first beauty I have come across in this land," he admitted solemnly, his orbs twinkling with mirth. The fae was putting him in an excellent mood.

[W/C | 253]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Hidden Account
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

As I flirted with him, I found him intently staring at me. Did I have something? Did he think of me as a whore? I was repulsed at the very thought of it. Low ranking no lives. But he still looked at me as if my behaviour was strange. He looked at me, as if I should be bowing down to him. I felt slight irritation at this. Must be male pride. I would never bow down to any male. It repulsed me to think, females before actually aided to everything their male counterpart told them to do.

"You are indeed the first beauty I have come across in this land," I smiled at this, and thought, and actually started feeling...loved? For the first time in many years. How wonderful it was to have a male calling such a one colored horse, like me, beauty. "Why, you are such a gentleman", I said respecting him. If I hadn't known better, I would've laughed at the idea being called pretty, with such a self-conscious state I was in. "Tell me. You seem someone of high ranking", I said. I thought to myself, Yeah. The position you hold your head, speak, act...Totally tells everything, though I kept the snobbish comment to myself.

"blah blah blah"

Quilyan

"Why, you are such a gentleman." The stallion preened, tossing his head, looking rather proud of himself. Wings stretched slightly, shook, settled into place. He offered a rather dazzling smile - and it was dimmed by the ensuing question. "Tell me. You seem someone of high ranking." It was an observation, not a question. Well, did she simply assume that he would tell her? Gazing at her, he assumed the answer to be yes. How odd this mare was. None at home would have dared be so outspoken to the crown prince. Or even to a supposed high ranking official. Perhaps they would be forward with the commoners, but then he hadn't a clue how those acted.

He pondered for a moment, and then settled for humor. No sense in crying over spilled milk, you see, and there was no use in getting all wrapped up in memories again. He was quite sick of the anger and pain associated with them. "Am I that obvious?" he asked ruefully, a forlorn look gracing his maw. Of course, he still looked the handsome stud that he was, but it was no odd look on one so proud. One might get the impression that he was not use to such an emotion. And one would be right. "I was of high ranking once, but I fear I am a simple commoner in this new land, m'lady," he added. Why not tell the truth? What would she do with it, anyway?

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Hidden Account
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

Quilyan looked at me if I were some sort of muck from the ground. I could tell by the snobbish way he was looking at me he probably got his butt kissed since he was a foal. He straightened up when I complimented him. He looked at me as if I were rubbish trash, that should bow down and kiss his hooves as he walked. Ridiculous, and I mentally rolled my eyes.

"I was of high ranking once, but I fear I am a simple commoner in this new land, m'lady," he said, in a respectful manner. "How is it like to be ruler of your land", I asked him, curious. Even though he made me feel bad, I was going to irritate him by plaging him with questions. I wanted to make the royal higness annoyed, if I was a "commoner" in his sight.

"blah blah blah"

Quilyan

There was something off in her expression suddenly, as though his facade was transparent, as though she could see right through his pretty words and into his soul. It was remarkable, really, and he found himself with a new respect for the fae. He was intrigued by her; she may be beneath him, but he did not view her as lesser. She may be a commoner, but she was not unworthy of his time. If she were a stallion, he may have treated her with more arrogance, but she was not, and he strove to hold his pride in check. Mares, regardless of rank, were beautiful creatures and quite worthy of his respect. More so, apparently, when they chose to question that which had never before been questioned.

He frowned slightly, brow furrowing. "It was much different than the life I must find for myself here, Mistress Orinthia. It is an easy lifestyle, to be sure, to be royalty." He found himself continuing on, thoughtfully. She was easy to talk to, this femme. Was it because of his impromptu demotion, was it always so easy for commoners to get along? He supposed there would be perks to the common life. No one would be watching his every move, declaring how his life would go. "But there were certain obligations to which I was bound that were not so simple." Arranged marriages, for one, but he wasn't about to mention that.

"I suppose royalty, as any position in life, has its benefits and its negatives. But enough about me," he continued with a smile. "What of you, m'lady? Where are you from?" There was something thrilling about hearing tales of distant lands, even more so that exploring them. To arrive in the lands, to see them with his own eyes, was almost a disappointment after hearing elaborate stories. No, in this, perhaps he was odd, that he preferred his stories over the reality. Or was that so strange after all? Who would prefer reality and its losses and its pain over the stories of honor, valor, love?

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Hidden Account
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

I looked at Quilyan, and for some reason he looked at me with a new found respect. I felt slightly embarassed at the cocky appearance I put on. I felt rude now, and I knew I wasn't all that. He had a point. I was just a commoner, in the presence of a prince from far away lands. I now knew why no one liked me. I was too arrogant, and probably cheeky. He explained a prince's life to me. It was so easy, and he could have anything, or any one he wanted.

"You're very lucky to have such a life", I respectfully said, being more submissive. There was no use in being rude to a nice stallion like him, even though he had seemed a little bit snobbish at first. "I am from far away lands. The Forest Fields." I paused a bit and then continued. "I was the leader's daughter, next in line to rule my herd, but that..." I paused before I could say a dirty word. "That pack of blasted wolves killed my family, and I cowardly did nothing to save them, and I just ran, adventuring these new lands, just trying to find a place...eventually.." I said sadly.

"blah blah blah"

Quilyan

She was so confusing. Curious, affronted, sad - all these emotions had crossed over the mare in the short time they had been conversing. He thought ruefully of the faes back home, with their kindly smiles and flirtatious comments, always submissive. Did they simply not have the emotions of this one, or were they better at hiding them? Things were so different here. did he really want to settle in such a place, hoping to replace what he had lost?

"Your history sounds much like my own, Mistress Orinthia," he told her. It was truth, save that her family's realm - if it was even large enough to be considered such - would have been much smaller than his domain. It was the thought of a female leader that threw him - such a thing did not exist in his land, as everything was based on a patriarchal system. How odd. he frowned. "I, too, have lost most of my family. One of my brothers made it to this land with me, but the rest..." he trailed off.

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Hidden Account
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

I looked at him. He was analyzing me again. I knew I was confusing him with my shifting emotions. But to him, my shiftiness was like an alien thing to him. I wonder what the females at his place were like. "What happened to the brother that came here?" I asked him, offering a kind smile. Next question was going to be how the females were like over there. His way of living seemed far more interesting than mine.

"blah blah blah"

Quilyan

"What happened to the brother that came here?"

He smiled, an automatic reaction when he thought of his brother. They were so very different, and had never been close at home, but after the revolt and the ensuing anarchy, the pair had travelled together and become very good friends. They were not dependent on each other, of course, having grown up very much apart. They travelled together at times and apart at times. Quilyan would find his way to warmth and a willing mare, and Erigor went off to do... whatever Erigor did. They were two very different stallions, Quilyan with his charm and dry wit, and Erigor with his stately presence and knowledge. They were formidable as their own entities, but together, they were a force to be reckoned with.

"To be honest, I'm not entirely sure where he's gotten off to... but don't worry," he added hastily. "I'm sure he's fine. We don't always travel together, he and I, but we always find each other again. In fact, I just saw him a few days ago when we arrived here." Thinking of his brother was to bring fond memories to the forefront of his mind, almost all of them from the recent months of their travel. But to think of his brother was to remember his other siblings, and his parents, and all of those who were his family, even if not by blood. And to think of them was to remember his lost home.

He remembered his mother's golden eyes, peering at him with mirth when he was but a youngling, when he was the only child, and she had eyes only for him. He remembered his father's massive wingspan, the largest in all the kingdoms, they said. Magnus, a full-grown stallion now (or, rather, when the revolution began), but the memory was of his younger years, a rowdy little ball of chestnut, all action and no brains, but lovable, to be sure. Anayis, the first of the girls, a beautiful filly, and so kind-hearted. Much to soft to be of any use, but he remembered her giggle, infectious as Mother told them bedtime stories. Then came Ishtar, a fiery filly with the personality of a stallion - Father always did say she should have been born a male - and her twin, Nasreen.

Nasreen had been his favorite sibling, though he'd never admit to having a soft spot for her. She was shy, but intelligent, with a witty sense of humor that matched his own, though it was rarely used. She was two, so young - had she survived? And lastly, Eirik, the youngest. He was the plainest of all of them, and far too young to have developed a standout personality. Still, bland as he was, he was Quilyan's brother, and he would miss the chance to teach him to spar, to teach him to carry himself like the prince that he never knew he was. With the memories came the questions: where were they now? Were they even alive? Mother had been pregnant again - would she have lived to carry the foal to term? Would he ever meet his sibling, or was the chance stolen from him with his home? He had never been a family man at home, but now, their ghosts consumed his every thought.

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Hidden Account
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

I knew I had treaded to deep when I asked him that. His brother might've been dead, or hurt, or he just left him, but why did I have to keep on inquiring. I hated that sometimes I could never stop asking, asking, and asking.

I saw him look sad, as he treaded on about his brother. I could see that it hurt him, and I wondered what his brother would be like. Flirty, like him, or a more serious lad, that maybe doesn't flirt as much.

"Do you have more family?" I inquired.

occ: Sorry for not replying in such a long time. I've been busy with school ^.^

"blah blah blah"

Hidden Account
Orinthia
(12-27-2012, 05:43 AM)Orinthia Wrote:

Orinthia

text text text

I knew I had treaded to deep when I asked him that. His brother might've been dead, or hurt, or he just left him, but why did I have to keep on inquiring. I hated that sometimes I could never stop asking, asking, and asking.

I saw him look sad, as he treaded on about his brother. I could see that it hurt him, and I wondered what his brother would be like. Flirty, like him, or a more serious lad, that maybe doesn't flirt as much.

"Do you have more family?" I inquired. Maybe he had some sisters, or more powerful brothers, with his giant wingspan and handsome features. I wasn't sure, but I was curious. Maybe, somehow I could help him find his family again...if they were alive. I hoped they were. I really did care, even though he did seem arrogant at some points.

occ: Sorry for not replying in such a long time. I've been busy with school ^.^

"blah blah blah"

Quilyan
He wondered if she had ever had a family, and if so, where they were now. Perhaps if she had suffered the loss that he had, she would not be so quick to ask questions. But then, he supposed that few had - after all, how many heirs to the throne were tossed aside in a revolution, scattered alongside his family. Not killed - no, no one had cared enough to kill them - but simply tossed aside, unwanted and unneeded. They had all be separated - perhaps his siblings and parents had indeed been killed, by some angry mob gone wild, perhaps, or a commoner with an unfounded grudge.

There were worse fates than dying, though. He was filled with rage at the thought of what commoners might do to his sisters, to his mother. He, at least, respected women, even if he did use them. But it was always with their consent, they knew what he offered. No, if she had had his life, she would not be asking these questions. But he was not a liar, and he would not avoid the question. He was, if nothing else, honest, perhaps to the point of brutality. It had helped him many a time in his past - would it do the same here?

"I had a family," he told her, carefully keeping his face blank, his voice emotionless. If I look back, I am lost, he told himself, and was determined to speak of it as though he was not one of them. It made it easier, if he did not have to be theirs, nor they his. "My mother bore four sons and three daughters for my father. I was the oldest. The second-eldest, Erigor, he's the one that came here with me. the others... are gone." He could not allow himself to name them, not aloud - that would bring them back, make their likenesses reappear in his mind's eye. It was painful, and he was not a masochist.

[OOC | It's ok! ^^]

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Hidden Account
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

Right then, I felt all of his pain, and it made me remember of my family. It proved that flirtatious Quilyan, did feel pain, although I already knew that. I wanted to reach out to him, and tell him it was okay, and I too, had suffered a giant loss in my life. My whole herd, but it wasn't my duty to comfort horses, especially ones who wanted to run from their past.

"It is very saddening, indeed, Quilyan", I said pausing. I didn't want to be here anymore, with Quilyan. Yes, I did like his personality, but I wanted to go somewhere else, and it was getting awkward. "It was a very nice stay with you, Quilyan", I said "But I believe I have had my stay too long, and it is time for me to leave", I said, dipping my head in respect. "We shall meet again", I said leaving.

occ: Do you want to continue, or end the thread? C: If you want to end it, it was very nice rping with Quilyan! ^>^

"blah blah blah"