the Rift

change [psyche, sultans]

Bazilisk Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

B A Z I L I S K
I do not desire to hear your words, nor you mine.

The Artisan wasn't quite certain what the fuss was about the little unicorn. He had been careful with her, as careful as an older child with something treasured, for for all his size, he didn't like to fight in the same way he once had. Still, Bazilisk lusted for blood on his teeth, but he had attempted to close off the section of his mind longing for the delicate taste of horseflesh. It was a constant pressure, constantly nagging at him, and yet it could never be sated. At least with Hirran on its way, Birdsong for the horse-folk, the prey would abound again and he could hunt deer as he should.

Glancing towards the black prisoner, he didn't even know why. Horses and pegasi, as a general rule, were harmless to him, unless the unicorns speared him in the mouth, in which case he would die. But Bazilisk was careful, very careful. Years of fighting and crafting had taught him to use his mind, not only his body.

They entered through the beginnings of the wall. Bazilisk was proud of his wall, proud of his crafters' work, and proud of the design. Night-black scales twisted over the sand dunes, enjoying the heat glowing on them. It was a fine day here, with the spring on its way. Golden-red sands drifted lightly, the sun was warm and hot, the clouds were curling above the grounds. Birdsong was his favorite season, with the numbers of prey awakening from a hungry winter, and the warmth constant on him.

The only dilemma was calling for Kri and Leander. Surely they would know what to do with his prisoner. And so he called, in a roar, a quiet one for him, but quite a loud one for any surrounding beings. Content with his call, if only they came for the fear of him eating someone, the snake curled up, head lifted, one violent green eye on Psyche.

"How do you fare, mare?" Bazilisk asks, out of courtesy more than anything.

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

You can sleep with a gun but
When you gonna wake up and fight?

Fury.

They dared to take her from her herd and her home - as abominable and temporary as said home was - and dragged her halfway across the realm. Not they - him. The giant snake with the poison-eyes. Hatred coursed through her veins as she allowed her own amber gaze to rove over the scaled body. True, her orbs may not hold the unnatural, sickly glow of the serpent's, but they held a venom all their own. It was the malignancy of insanity, the toxin of prejudice, the blight of superiority. It was enough to strike fear into many hearts over her six years of life, enough to force the last look of her victims to be one of terror as they realized that she would show no quarter, no mercy as she ripped them to shreds.

It was this very look that was on her face now, a face burning with resentment. Of course, the only quarrel she held with the snake was that he had been the medium of her capture; the remainder of her anger was reserved for those who had ordered it, those who believed themselves so far above her that they could simply demand her presence. And how wrong they were, the skyrat Sultans of the Throat - they were inferior, featherbrained creatures without an intelligent thought in their fluff-filled heads. And the shadow-mare, she was a creature of beauty and intellect, cunning and wits. She was dangerous, and she was a queen to their dictated position of servitude. And now, she was angry.

The snake asked her a question, a simple enough one at that. Kind, even, though the jackal had no patience for such kindness. They dared send a vessel without the mindset of a tormentor to take her captive? Did they truly think her so weak? Well, they would be in for a rude awakening, if they ever saw fit to show their cursed faces. She glared at her captor, deliberating. Perhaps she would not have answered, or answered cruelly, if he had been one of the impure species. But he was not. He was larger, likely stronger, and possessed some strange magic about him. She wasn't about to risk death. No, she had bigger plans. "I have been taken, Snake," she stated shortly. "I fare no better and no worse than is fitting for me at this moment."

[W/C | 398]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche

Unregistered

B A Z I L I S K

Bazilisk is aware of the enemy he has made, even if it is a very small enemy compared to his bulk. He had heard tell of their racism, but surely that could not extend to a snake, who was of such different breed than the horses. I have been taken. Yes, the Artisan supposed, it would be quite annoying to be pulled from his home into the hands of the enemy. But were the unicorns his enemies?

No, they were the enemies of the herd. Still Bazilisk did not place himself among the herd, did not think of himself as one of the bird-horses that flew in the clouds. "I apologize, Lady Psyche, for taking you from your home. But surely you must understand the demands of your family, even if not related to you by blood." The snake said calmly, despite the mare's furious eyes.

"Listen, mare. I do not intend to harm you, as you have done to the allies of the Throat, even if I don't feel myself truly one of this herd. Consider yourself lucky in that respect." Bazilisk continues, poisonous green orbs resting on her lightly. Very lucky, in fact, for the snake would make a most terrible enemy to any creature.

"To be truthful, I would prefer avoiding the horse politics and war. Unfortunately, I find myself caught like a fly in the web. This is what life does to us, whether we like it or not." Bazilisk's eyes grew vacant as he grew distracted by distant memories. "We shall await your judgement from sultans Kri and Leander."

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

"I hear you're the one who has taken Mauja's place." Calm words met the air, raising from the throat of the massive golden form which had descended from the sky. Leander landed with ease upon the sand, icy eyes not once leaving the black mare as he made his way to stand beside Bazilisk. "I fear this talk would be even more diplomatic, had you and your group not tried to steal so many of my friends." Bitch He added mentally, knowing well what she was and feeling no need to fall to the level of saying so.

"Bazilisk, you have done very well. I am proud that you are a part of the Throat. If there is anything I can do to make you more comfortable here, please let me know. For the time being, we will keep her here under your skilled watch, unless you would prefer to get back to your normal duties?" He questioned, appreciation for the serpent clear in his gaze. He was truly proud, and glad that he had decided to take home here, though Leander could imagine that his last home must have been quite different from the wide sand of the Throat.

Pointed limbs shifted, his massive frame stepping forward to address the dark Unicorn more directly. It was strange, to see one of the faces of your problems right before you. She was, of course, nothing spectacular; there was nothing physical which indicated what a foolish little harpy she was. Pale eyes had noticed the small keepsakes littered through her bleak mane, a few teeth gleaming and feathers dancing in the breeze. Nothing that couldn't be taken from a few carcasses, though the props probably did well to illicit respect from the desperate ex-Edge. "I do not expect you to want to speak to me, but you will hear what I have to say. I would like to find a way for our groups to coexist, without violence. I know there are those within your own who want this as well." The LionHeart paused, giving the ebon a moment to let the offer settle in. What would she think of his indication of knowing some of her own? Even with that knowledge facing her, the Sultan had little confidence in her sense of logic, and she would likely be just as quick to anger and slow to think as the antlered imp in the Threshold had been. "Now, on the other hand, if you'd like to keep up your petty attempts at stealing my friends, I can guarantee to make your future a living hell. I think I speak for all of the herds when I say that such foolishness will not be tolerated." A grim smile placed itself on his kisser as he stared down at the shrew, words carrying a dark edge. They had defeated their group once, and they could do it again.

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

The snake's words were well-received; the shadow-mare chose not to unleash her fury on so brutal an opponent, sure that such a battle would be one that was not so easily won. She hadn't always had this skill, this ability to pick her battles; but then, she had never had to answer to a herd for whom she was responsible. She owed it to those who she now served, or who served her, depending on the viewpoint, to return to the Basin relatively unharmed and able to exact revenge for the many wrongs placed on the unicorns. She felt obligated to protect them, be it from stealth or from outright battle (gods know she preferred outright battle!), and so her mind turned to the task of escaping from her figurative bonds. "I hold no quarrel with you, Serpent," she told Bazilisk, more to command herself than to quell his mind. "I am not so foolish as your leaders would have you believe."

No sooner had she sank into the chaos of her own mind than Leander appeared. Gods, he was an awful sight, with those feathered appendages marring his golden pelt, an unseemly blight on an otherwise perfect bodice. Of course, he had no horn, either, but hornless was a lesser crime than pegasus. The hornless were merely scorned; the pegasi were a mutated pest of massive proportions. Given her druthers, she would enslave the hornless and simply kill off the skyrats. But then, given her druthers, she wouldn't be here, now, would she? Amber orbs greeted him with the cold passion of fury, cranium raised to portray her regal status even here amongst enemies. Especially here amongst enemies. It was a haughty, proud look that she carried on her features, one that told him that he would find no cooperation in her.

He began to speak. She neither confirmed nor denied that she had taken the FrostHeart's place; let them wonder if it was simply rumor, if they so pleased. Nor did she respond to a comment on diplomacy. She was not a diplomatic creature by nature, and had learned only the barest of such things out of necessity. Even so, her learnings would be used to rally unicorns only, not to garner favors from filthy vermin. Her gaze flickered briefly to the massive snake as he was addressed, and then returned to the sultan. It gave away no emotion save her bound anger. She was sure of that; she even contemplated remaining in silence, if only to throw him off guard. But her stature would not yield from the arrogance that she had first assumed upon his arrival; no, this, she would show, and continue to show for the remainder of her little visit.

He attempted to bargain with her, the silly featherbrained thing. It was almost cute, if he weren't so damned disgusting to behold. She let a cold laugh spill from her lips, chiming in a most provocative and seductive way, teeming with a malicious mirth that could cause hair to raise, teeth to grind against each other, provoke a flight instinct in many of the lessers. She didn't expect such a reaction from this skyrat - he had become a sultan somehow, after all - but it was the principle which she pursued with the action. "Your words are folly, as you well know," she began. "You no more expect peace with me than I do. I am not a peaceable mare." Another cold laugh. "I have no further use for any of your so-called friends, though they might wonder about the loyalties of the herds that have so failed to rescue them. But rest assured, I will not ally myself and my kin with you, but for now, I do not seek to gather more of you." She was angry, she was furious, and oh, how she longed to rip his feathers out one by one. She didn't have that color yet. What an addition to her collection it would be! But she would not give him the satisfaction of setting her temper on edge. No, she had more control than that.

[W/C | 688]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche

Unregistered

B A Z I L I S K

It is Leander who comes first. He descends with a soft beat of golden wings, alight on the sand with wings closing shut to line flanks of gold. His voice is hard and calm at the same moment, when he speaks to Bazilisk's prisoner, and the snake stirs ever so slightly. You see, the snake is also driven by himself. Sure, he feels care for his herd, but they are not his. They are not snakes. They are not predators. In a strange way, he feels almost close to Psyche, at least feeling empathy for her. She, at least, is a huntress, one who is driven to succeed. For one scary moment, Bazilisk finds himself drawn to her. Would Psyche allow me to feed on the blood of the horse?

As a silent soul even on the most exciting day, Bazilisk only gracefully inclines his head to Leander's compliments, feeling a little pride. But mostly, he feels nothing but sorrow for any who must fall prisoner to enemies. Come on, Bazilisk, Leander took you in. You should be grateful. He tells himself. "Sultan, I will be fine. I have different desires and needs for comfort than any horse, and I assure you all is well. Basya and Cera know what they're doing, and collecting metal is not too difficult a task. I will continue... guarding her for the moment." The snake listens with silent thoughts as Psyche speaks so harshly to Leander. He hisses very softly, a reprimand to keep her manners. "Hssk hssk, Psyche. Do not insult the sultan, please." It's difficult to offend a snake, very difficult, yet the Artisan does not like the idea of his leader Leander being insulted.

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I'LL WEAVE YOUR NAMES INTO MY RIBCAGE,</style>
lock your hearts inside my chest.</style>

I had approached from behind the group, quietly for once, my dark eyes an abyss with no signal as to my thoughts. There was a war waging inside my own skull, after all, mixed with happiness but also anger. I was not entirely sure how to approach the situation, but listening to the words of the others brought several thoughts to my head, which collided with the waves of my own inner torment and formed what I thought to be the answer. As usual, anger won out.

First, my steps become heavy laden and loud, like claps of thunder on the desert floor. For such a small body, I thought my poweress was quite impressive, but I hope that these idiots find me more scary than a glamorous target to gaze upon. The wind tugs at my hair and twists it madly about my face and neck, like small whips dancing about, the blonde tendrils illustrating the power that always surrounding me. Wind was invisible, but you could see its power by watching the effects, by feeling the effects. I may be small, but you would damn well know when I laid into you.

"Leander," I call out, my voice almost as heavy as my hoofs as I throw them at him like a sack of bricks. "Do not congratulate those who would ignore herd rules, unless you want to support anarchy within the ranks." My eyes narrow like dangerous slits, and it is in that manner that I turn to the snake, ignoring the bitch whose hair had been unpleasant in my mouth during the invasion. The gross taste still lingered in my memory when I caught sight of her. "And you, crafter," my anger shifted toward him in a measured sort of way, not nearly as cutting as it was to the palomino. "You have no business interfering with the work of the informants. From here on out, you report any of your thievery to Xira. Do not make me regret allowing you here."

Finally, I turn my head toward Psyche, and stay silent for a moment. "You are a bitch, but do not be so arrogant as to think your capture and harassment of allies will be ignored and that you may spew nonsense freely. Recognize your position and act accordingly. If I have to, just to prove the point that you are nothing but a worthless prisoner here, I will personally see to it that you never step foot outside of our borders again." Yes, I do believe that was a threat.
""

KRI the Resolute</style>
I WILL GIVE YOUR HEART A PLACE TO REST AFTER EVERYTHING YOU HAD HAS TURNED AND LEFT.</style>

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

The artisan spoke, and Leander nodded breifly in understanding. The Bazilisk seemed to have things well under control.
The prisoner, on the other hand, had stuck her dainty chin up in the air like some mischievous, naive child. The display was no less than he'd expected from one of Mauja's group, yet he'd still been holding on to some faint hope that there might be a chance for diplomacy. It only took for the harlot's mouth to open for that to be shown in vain. There was no talking with these foolish creatures. How could Faelene stand such idiocracy in her new leader?

Frosted pools hardened on the girl, waiting for her catty peal to wind down. Her thoughtless, presumptuous words were enough to irritate him, but for now Leander had enough reserve to keep that well under wraps. It would be nothing more than a show of weakness to display his own hatred for her, as she broadcasted her own vile sarcasm. If he only felt it the right decision to, he could knock her cold and lifeless to the sands with one smooth blow; and that knowledge was enough to satisfy him.

"My friends are in fact not only your prisoners, mare." He retorted cooly to her assumption, a pleasant smile trailing the dark line of his lip. There would be no way of her knowing who exactly in her brood he meant, and he was confident that Faelene was careful enough to ensure no suspicion arose about them. They did not meet haphazard like most love-drunk fools, but more careful, tactful, and watchful. Now the sable witch could sit here and stew over where her group's loyalties truly lay. "I care not whether you yourself are peaceable. I am merely gracious enough to inform you that your group has but two paths; mind your own existence without any harassment of the Throat or it's allies, or find yourselves failing in battle a second time." The honest edge of his words rang out, small curls of white breath twisting from his nostrils despite the warm air. His flaxen banner swayed lazily behind him, betraying the unsteady, violent beast he so easily could become with the Ice Demon's constant shadow.

Suddenly, an even more venemous voice than Psyche's broke the scene. Leander turned his gilded crown back to look at the sultana, and for a moment his stoic mask held some true confusion. Was she really going to reprimand the Bazilisk for stealing the one who had tried to steal their own? Stepping away from the inky form of the ex-Edge mare, he faced the flaxen tressed leader. "I cannot see how such an act could indicate a desire for anarchy, Kri. There are some of our members who may have the talents for more than one position, and it would be a shame to let such abilities go to waste. Such anger should be directed elsewhere; not at our artisan." He addressed her calmly, disagreeing though there was no mistaking the plea in his features. Be calm; this is not the time for this. He had never seen the matriarch this furious before, and he would have never expected her judgment to be so far from his own. Yes, he held his own suspicions on Bazilisk, but the great serpent had given no reason to be cross. He was working hard, both on the wall and to protect the Throat through his actions. The snake could easily be some other herd's asset, and Leander was aware of that fact. Above all, the palomino's chest burned at the knowledge that the ex-Edge's new ringleader was witnessing any lack in their unity. It did not bode well.

"Bazilisk has already done much for the herd in his short time here. Let us not forget that, lest we end up regretting other things." He continued more gently, hoping not to escalate the resolute's temper but unwilling to let her speak to Bazilisk so harshly. Summoning a respectful smile, he inclined his head to his russet counterpart before moving his blonde frame to rest beside the serpent. The LionHeart let his gaze move to the Bazilisk's reptillian face, an apologetic look passing quickly over his features. He knew that Kri would want to have her own words with Psyche, and he had spoken his piece for the Bazilisk. A near silent, drawn sigh slipped from his maw, likely only audible to the massive snake. Accepting the mantle of sultan was proving to be a more difficult task than anyone could imagine.

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

The Snake hissed, drawing her attention from the Sultan. Interesting, how ill at ease the skyrat seemed to be, how unsure he was of how to approach the scaled predator. Of course, she would have expected as much from a weak fledgling such as the Sultan of the Dragon's Throat - he was a lesser, and he would be flighty when confronted with a being who should be his enemy. She was his superior; she held nothing but respect for the Serpent, who seemed so unlikely to wreak unnecessary havoc, to begin unwarranted violence. What a shame that they would not put him to use as they should - as she would. He admonished her gently for her sharp tongue, and she eyed him emotionlessly. She did not concede to his request, but neither did she deny him.

The Sultan's words were empty to her ears, threats without the promise of following through. But he would not be worth her response. He conveyed his message, and she hers, and that was that - or it would have been, had not the Sultana shown her sorry face. But in her arrival was a gift of sorts: unity was a facade here, it would seem. The leaders of the Throat seemed to be at odds with one another; and the Snake, such an asset, was somewhere in the middle, or perhaps on a far side. Regardless, none of these pieces fit together, and it was this knowledge that the shadow-mare would take away from this little meeting. A small smirk lifted a corner of her mouth, her amber orbs filled with hate and transfixed on the Sultana. "You'll hardly know I'm here, darling," she responded, wicked glee apparent in her vocals. Ah, what a gift her capture seemed now.

One day, the Sultana would burn.

[W/C | ---]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche