the Rift

UNCOVER. [Januarius]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

K R I the R E S O L U T E
it's not the petty imperfections that define us, but the way we hold our hearts.

Not all soldiers in the Throat were prepared for battle, and I, being the head of our growing family, felt the responsibility of their training sitting as heavily on my shoulders as it did our loyal Generals. Heavy were my hooves as they beat the red earth of the Throat, bringing me away from the Oasis and into the red, open wounds of the earth. The desert unrolled like a blanket drenched in blood, a scene where the addition of more of the crimson liquid would likely go unnoticed. However, there would be no reason to pour blood so violently in such a spar.

Though my face might hold a gruff seriousness in times of politics or other mundane interactions, the grimace was released into a joyous grin. Yes, the rugged exterior of my features contorted int oa smile that was rarely seen upon my features in idle chit-chat, but the drums of battle easily pulled from my heart. How many years ago had I had my own first training spar? I had been little over two years old then, a scrawny little imp of a mare. I remember my brethren laughing at my feeble attempts to injure my mentors, my kicks unskilled and my strategy far worse. However, one should never underestimate the ferocity of determination.

A stubborn bitch, where my height would not move my muscles expanded from hard work and training. I became stocky like a male, with a hot tongue and flailing blonde mane that twirled with the wind at each attack. It was not long before I had bested many in strength, but strategy was another story. Many times my ass collided with the earth as I was beaten into submission by better tactics though I held the upper hand in strength. Many hard lessons of eating dirt and walking away with a bloodied nose, not because of any attack from my opponent, but because of my own foolishness and lack of superior balance. Time and practice had honed my skills in that arena, but each opponent was a new, exciting challenge.

Each battle was different. Each one wrought some lesson you need learn to win.

"Januarius," I call over my shoulder, looking at the older stallion with a friendly smile on the masculine face many came to know as their Sultana. "As this is a practice spar, I will do little to harm you, and you are expected of the same. Your allies are not to be treated as punching bags for strength training - that is the role of some unfortunate tree. Do you understand?"

Venomxbaby, EveLivesey, humblebeez and ali00p

[ 3 posts each, magic allowed if you aren't opposed. You wanted OOC training, yes? o: ]

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
Two weeks has passed. Kri is the default winner.