the Rift

A Burning Pain Inside[Sun God]

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark
Azzaron's sleek palomino figure glided carelessly over the bridge leading to the three shrines. He did not care for the other two. The one he went straight to was the Sun God's shrine. He worshiped this god, and he wouldn't stop worshiping him until the day he died. Azzaron tucked his wings close to him and called out."Great and powerful King of the Flames, will you come and grant me a wish?"

Azzaron had heard of the Sun God's return, and when he did, his mind could not stop to think of anything but the god. Azzaron's tribal marking was in fact something he was granted as a child. One that showed his interest and love in fire. Sadly though, he had to leave his land for eternal winter had come over it, and now Azzaron was here to seek fire magic. He wanted it so badly, the feeling of burning some one or something was joyous. Controlling fire was his desire. And now he hoped the god would grant it.

A bird's small form twittered by, and Azzaron grumbled. Sweet things should burn. He thought to himself. Birdsong was a day where the sun could finally burn the snow, melt it down to nothing. Azzaron's mind wandered on about fire as he waited for the Sun God to reply.

OOC:
WC: 221
"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

Flame burned along his spine and spread to the tips of his wings. He was majestic and free, breathing sweet birdsong air and feeling the heat of his magic warming the air once more. The dark of the eclipse gave him pause, but still he had work to do. Some coming to the veins were nothing but greedy and disrespectful; ones who chose not to pay fealty to the gods but benefit from their power nonetheless. But the presence of a pious soul came to the veins that morning, when snow melted and hissed on the lava's burning surface.

Perhaps he would pay that soul a visit.

He arrived in a burst of light and flame, leaving nothing but ash and waves of heat in his wake. He strode with confidence from the lava to Azzaron's front, tilting his head somewhat tiredly. "I see you have returned as well, young Azzaron," The god spoke smoothly, taking note of the stallion's choice to leave the land in his absence. Truly a devout one, but perhaps not one of a brave soul. "But still you have come to ask me for more; Birdsong has come and my light shines down upon you, is that not enough?" The God of the Sun frowns in slight disappointment at the stallion's apparent greed. Azzaron desires magic, he can sense it- he only hopes that the mortal will use it well once it is granted.

CREDITS

Deceased
Dark
Azzaron bowed his head. Most mortals would fear such a great god, but Azzaron did not. He felt stronger near this god somehow. The god was a palomino just as he. One with wings and two horns coming from his head. "Thank you for coming."He said. The god probably thought that Azzaron was greedy and wanted power. That was not true.

Azzaron finally decided to speak."The power I seek,"He said,"is power you can grant. The power to burn others from the inside out. To let them feel the pain I felt when my mother tortured me. To feel the wrath of fire, to let them get a taste of what true pain feels like." Azzaron then realized how evil he must've sounded."Of course, innocence will not feel my flames inside. Guilty sinners shall." Azzaron considered himself a horse of justice, one that punished the guilty. He stared at the Sun God. He was finally meeting the horse he had worshiped for his entire life. Azzaron could not stay away from fire. It seemed to always call him,to beckon him closer. He looked at the god, waiting to hear his words.

OOC: He's asking to have the ability to burn others from the inside.
WC: 196
When your crowns break."

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

It was no use justifying himself; The God of the Sun already knew of Azzaron's true intent. He narrowed his eyes in slight concern, heard the chittering of a bird in the near distance. What a dreadful song it was singing, what an awful chant that just kept ringing and ringing in his head... "Yes, yes- but no one will defer to justice in a time of crisis, Azzaron, even you." The god grimaced as the sound droned on and his senses sharpened on the faint flutter of wings. He wondered if Azzaron deserved this; he could feel the Stallion modeling after himself, as if he was worthy.

The bird sang on and his teeth gritted in annoyance. "Only one that knows the pain you seek to inflict will have true reservations. Live with ash in your lungs and fire in your heels for the remainder of this season. Return to me then, Azzaron, and we can speak again of your magic. He watched the pegasus with steady eyes, waiting for acceptance. Should he say yes to the task, the Sun God would mark him where he stood.

In the near distance there was a shriek as the bird burst into flame.

[[Azzaron will have ash in his lungs and burns on his hocks that will be impossible to heal and feel as if they are always burning. These will greatly hinder his ability to breathe, talk, or walk, and will last until the end of Birdsong, at which point he can return to the veins and get his magic.]]

CREDITS

Deceased
Dark
Azzaron's ears rang as a bird sang the most lovely tune. He wanted that bird to burn to suffer. Then it did. Azzaron heard the Sun God, and was ready. "Ashes within my lungs?"He spoke, this wouldn't be too hard. Azzaron grinned."Go right ahead. This magic is my heart's desire."Azzaron wanted it so badly. He did not care for his body to be in pain. He could hopefully live. So he thought anyway. Such an arrogant fool he was. He was prepared to risk his life in order to get his magic. His wish, his desire. He grinned. This was what he wanted, what he desired. He wanted it. And it was so close yet so far.

Azzaron waited for the God to allow him to go on his way with burning hocks and ash in his lungs. Azzaron braced himself for whatever would come from the flaming god next.

OOC: Will the burns become permanent once he is granted his magic or will they go away?
WC: 153
When your crowns break."

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

"Very well."

That was all the god said before exhaling deeply and filling the world with flame. The sky turned a bright red around them and what little life inhabited the veins turned to smoke. The ashen matter swirled around itself and cut through the air as it made its way to Azzaron. Down his throat the matter slid, blackening his lungs and filling them with a pain so vivid and real- a pain that would not go away, and would always feel as strong. The lava of the veins heated and grew more fluid as it leapt from its place. Swiftly it slid across the stone surface of the veins, reaching hungrily for the foolish stallion and engulfing his hocks. As the lava fell away, hooves burnt to black and hocks covered in raw, red flesh were revealed. The wounds steamed as if fresh, the searing pain from them was sure to wrack his whole body. If he were to survive, he would likely be driven to madness. He would feel forever on fire, and know nothing but the pain.

As flame rose in towers, the God of the Sun looked on. This could go one of two ways- a lesson well learned, or one lost in insanity. A veil of fire covered him completely and then, in a blink of light, he was gone. The lava cooled and settle back into its place and the fire of the burnt brush was extinguished. The pain, so searing it would bring even the strongest to scream, remained. And so it would until Birdsong.

[[They will not remain as burns, no.]]

CREDITS