the Rift

A Gift and a Request [Sun God]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia had taken a new path with her life during the Sun God's absence from the veins. She had missed him, and she wished that they had been able to speak when he was in the Steppe. However, she had stayed back, his presence often surrounded by so many others that she would rather not add more stress to his already humiliating outcasting. The news that he had returned to the veins was comforting, and considering that she could no longer talk to Tinek, she found herself desiring answers. Sadly, the silver dragon flew in her wake, the trill of his voice filled with melancholy.

The mare knew that the phenomenon had to have something to do with the moon blotting out the sun on the first night of Birdsong, and that disturbed her. Were the gods not in control anymore? Had they done something to anger nature itself? Ophelia trotted across the narrow strip of rock connecting the mainland to their blue island, cloven hooves carrying her dutifully and steadily to his shrine. The pale mare lowered her neck, setting the first sun flower of Birdsong onto his shrine as a gift. Sunflowers were lovely, and when she had found one in bloom, she had thought of the glorious God of Fire.

"God of the Sun?" she called, looking up into the heavens as the sun began to set behind the horizon. The journey from the Steppe to the Veins was long, and she had not the patience to wait until warming. Already her heart was beating fast and her gut was churning. "If you have time, may I ask you a few questions?"

[OOC: Roll first, and if I get an odd, then use my COTM free pass :)
Phi is question for the power to erase her memory from the minds of others.]

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

For any other creature, he would have arrived in a burst of flame. But for a few the great god saved his light, and for Ophelia it shone. He saw her arriving from his place on high, and let himself fall to the earth like the gentlest of stars. Behind him his glorious sun set and laid itself to rest in the aftermath of the eclipse. Time seemed to pass more quickly now that he was a part of it.

The flower shimmered as the dying light played off of its petals, and all around them where shadows would have played, light took over. The world around them was that of a dying day, but alone on the pedestal before his shrine, all was bright. "Ophelia," the god spoke softly, with affection invading his normally brusque tone. His extinguished tail and mane caught in the light breeze that ruffled the feathers along his golden wings and sent a chill through him. Within him it seemed there was no magic; in her presence, he almost felt cold.

"The flower is beautiful. Thank you," the Sun God spoke with a nod of his head and a spread of a smile. He bent to sniff it, forcing his legs to spread so that he could pull his massive figure down to earth. The scent was subtle but still there, and the gesture was not lost on him. With an exhale, empty fire that did nothing to harm swept beneath the flower and lifted it to his mane. Trails of ash wrapped his mane around the gift, spreading its petals within and yet still maintaining the flower's beauty. He would keep it with him; as a reminder.

It was good to see her again, still so innocent; yet still, as well... still so sad. "Tell me, what brings you to see me? Surely there is more to this visit than a welcome home," he questioned, the same question he had asked so many. But this was different- this time he felt no frustration at the obligation to respond, and this time he had no intention of chasing her out in flames should she make a request. The girl had suffered too much, and given too much, not to be heard by him now.

CREDITS
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia watched the Sun God appear in light that was so strong that she averted her eyes. He landed in golden glory, and she bowed her head deeply in deference. When his deep, magnificent voice uttered her name like dirt on the lips of angels, she lifted her gaze, smiling softly up at the powerful god. She watched as he sniffed her gift, wrapped it in fire and then settled the mortal gift in his fiery, yellow mane. Her heart filled with honor, and she nodded. Nothing could ever compare to having a god, so glorious and perfect, thank her for such a gift. All she had to do was pick the nature that his glory created, but he was still touched.

"You are welcome," she replied. She could practically hear the blood rushing through her ears from the speed of her heart. "I saw it, and it reminded me of you," she added, thinking of the glorious golden pedals that seemed to look just like the rays of the sun.

The young mare listened to his next question and guilt stabbed into her heart. She winced and shook her head. "I do welcome you home," she replied, lifting her neck a little. "I wanted to come speak to you in the Steppe, but I did not want to intrude." Tinek made himself known then, peering at the god with wide, crimson eyes from between her ears. No emotion filled her mind, and the absence was overwhelming. "I cannot hear him in my mind. I am worried. Do you know what happened?" she asked, her voice filled with worry.

"Ah, well," she finally murmured, averted her dual gaze again. "I want to be forgotten." Ophelia winced, the first thought going to Osiris. She wanted to forget, but if only he had never seen her. That was a possibility that would never become a reality though, not with the half-wolf having known her for so long. What truly drove this desire were the twins, Olema and Surema. If she could make them forget that they had known her, and if she could make her father forget her words... The potential for this power was great. She could walk through life invisible, and for her, that was peace.

"I can read other's minds, but they will also remember me. If you believe it possible, and if I may earn this, I ask that you grant me the ability to remove myself from the minds of others." Ophelia inhaled deeply and then looked up at the Sun God with all the confidence she could muster. "I will do anything that you ask, God of the Sun. Your requests are just."

COME TO ME

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

It was so hard for the deity to not pity the girl. She was a young and pretty thing, with the chance to do so much more. Instead she isolated herself and stewed in the memories as they haunted her. He sympathized with her, for he knew far more than she and had lived for far longer. His eyes seemed woeful as they passed over her and the small, silver dragon that peeked out from between her ears. She asked him of the eclipse, but there was nothing he could tell her. Nature had rebelled, perhaps for the actions of his siblings, perhaps for his own. Whatever the reason, it had set the world off balance.

"Some things are mysteries even to us; We can only hope that they will reveal themselves in time," the god murmured, turning up to watch the sky. His wings shifted with discomfort upon his back and his ears swiveled as the bubble of light around them began to grow smaller. Her voice rang out once more and he turned to watch her expression. It was one of pain, one of hurt. And her request... surely there was something else behind this, something compelling her to desire such a powerful magic.

"There is nothing more wretched than living with that which another forgets," the Sun God spoke with austerity. She asked for something tragic, in a way. "...but, if you are certain, I have a task for you." His eyes settled on her figure, his body stiffened, and the wind caught his woven mane. "Until the time of Birdsong's end, you must live anew. Forget this life and everything in it and start again. You will be forced to rediscover your magic, your family- even your companion. All you will remember is that on the final day of Birdsong you must return to me." The god spoke with purpose and a serious tone. He respected her enough to know that she'd understand the gravity of the task.

But still, he wondered what she would say.

[[Essentially, if she says yes he will have her leave the veins, and as soon as she steps away from his light she will forget everything. She won't remember WHY she has to go see him, but she will know that she does. Others will remember her.]]
CREDITS
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia furrowed her brows, wondering how the gods were not aware of the eclipse and its effects. Something deeper was afoot that even the gods could not control, and that was unsettling. She looked up into his eyes and nodded, hoping that all would be revealed as he said. The young, pale mare trusted the Sun God's judgement, and if he thought that the curse would lift, then she would patiently wait. Ophelia expected the Sun God to have some qualms with her request. She knew him to be a powerful being, and even when she requested her last magic, he had warned her of its potency. She had seen much, experienced much, and knowing what was in other's minds was not more traumatic that seeing the expressions in their faces.

However, his task for her caught her by surprise, and her eyes sparkled with confusion and interest. She turned her head to the side and thought about the consequences. For once, she would be able to forget. The memories that hung around her neck like a collar of servitude would be broken in a single, glorious moment. What he was giving her was a gift, not a curse. "Save for the loss of my sister, what you ask of me... this is no hard task," she said, wanting to be honest. "To finally be free of my memories, even if only for a time, is a gift that I have never been given since the moment I was born. I accept this fate with an open soul and my thanks."

With a deep bow, she smiled up at the Sun God. "I will return when the season ends, and by then, I am sure I will want my memories back. Life has a funny way of making you miss what you do not have." She hesitantly leaned forward and touched his golden cheek with her nose in a soft gesture of thanks and affection before turning toward Helovia and toward a new chapter in her life. She would start again.

Ophelia's steps moved across the narrow land bridge, and with every step, things were slipping away from her mind like water over glass. The sensation was liberating, and she began to run. Everything faded into a single, beautiful, clean slate.

She was new.

She was whole.

She was pure.

COME TO ME

tangled-stock